PDA

View Full Version : SpursReport sold?

carrecaminos
05-05-2008, 11:33 AM
A friend of mine who post there told this weekend that there are heavy rumors that Dusty sold the site, and the last week problems were related to that.

Anyone knows something about it?

SpursWoman
05-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Good for him.

funny how most of the people thinks that SR sucks, but post in the thread. If SR sucks it should be a non issue. But everytime there are problems there, there is a thread here and people post in it.

I am not into Freudian stuff, but I am just saying.

So you actually started another one? :lol

carrecaminos
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Good for him.

So you actually started another one? :lol

Well, that guy is the only Spurs fan I know in Buenos Aires, and he post there , I think it was worth posting and the other one is closed:lol

Shastafarian
05-05-2008, 11:49 AM
It was in a thread over there. The sheriff leaked it in one of his posts (which mysteriously disappeared).

DizzG.
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
It was in a thread over there. The sheriff leaked it in one of his posts (which mysteriously disappeared).

Would you like to that post?

PlayoffEx-static
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
If they paid more than the going domain registration fee, they got ripped off. Who wants a forum with nothing but 'bots logged in 24/7?

My other thought was that this is a scam, and that Modesto thinks that if people think he's gone, they may go back.

Kori Ellis
05-05-2008, 07:37 PM
I heard that he sold too. But I've heard on and off for a few years that he was selling and it never happened. It's definitely weird that they switched domain registrars last week when their domain wasn't up for renewal yet.

Good luck to them. I hope he made some money.

High Road
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I Good luck to them. I hope he made some money.

That's my kori! :tu

NFO
08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
:blah

sarahn rap
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
That sucks

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
SpursReport was sold to ClearChannel a few months back.

No it wasn't as far as I know. They just have a reciprocal advertising situation with them.

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
However, I did hear that they are firing/did fire several of their mods.

lefty
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm sure it's David Stern !!!! :flipoff

ATRAIN
I am going to buy SR and Ban everyone on there and merge the servers with Spurstalk.

Taco
SpursReport was sold to ClearChannel a few months back.

Since then only moderators are allowed to signatures, the pm feature has been disabled and two moderators have been fired.

MomBear who was relieved of moderator duties back in February works for clear channel and appears to now have far more control over the web site.

There has been a mass banning of sorts. Many posters, especially ones who were in disfavor with MomBear, have been given a "Miserable User" designation, which means it does not say you are banned on SR, but you can no longer log into SR. Many posters that were deemd "Miserable Users" never broke any SR rules bt were just disliked by MomBear.

Stick around Nate!!

timvp
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
SR needs to seriously get its act together. I do not want the kiddie pool to close down. Seriously, that would be horrible news.

NFO
Stick around Nate!!
:bking

timvp
I am going to buy SR and Ban everyone on there and merge the servers with Spurstalk.Hell no. You should be banned just for thinking of that idea.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Interesting.

duncan228
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm not a fan of SR, but I don't wish them any harm. I don't like the stuff that Kori went through, but it's a live and let live kind of thing. It ended up working out, Kori created ST.

I'm glad we have a choice, I'm glad ST exists. I'd hate for SR to be the only Spurs site around.

ATRAIN
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Hell no. You should be banned just for thinking of that idea.

Are you still mad cause I whooped up on you 9-1?

timvp
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Are you still mad cause I whooped up on you 9-1?Whatchu talkin' bout, trainny?

ATRAIN
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Whatchu talkin' bout, trainny?

OH I think you know. In case you forgot log into yahoo sports and relive my victory.

BacktoBasics
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I would never join a forum like that. Too much bullshit...why bother posting if you have to curb your entire style or though process in fear of a banning. I hope the place takes a shit and comes back as Patrick Duffy's leg in its next life.

NFO
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
No it wasn't as far as I know. They just have a reciprocal advertising situation with them.

That could be the scenario

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Clear Channel may not be the direct owner (parent comapny) but a company affliated with Clear Channel (Subsidiary, brother-sister company) is the owner of SR, which explains the reciprocal advertising that goes on between the two.

I'm not sure who told you that. But some people at Clear Channel say it's just an advertising deal - no ownership at all. Mom Bear works in their Sales Dept and they hooked up an ad deal.

I could be wrong, but they don't have much reason to lie about it. As far as I was told, Dusty still owns SR and they just went back to having a relationship with ClearChannel - as they did in the past. Their site is on a low budget server company - I really doubt that would be the case if they were owned by CC... it would just be on the CC servers.

I don't care much, but I'm just saying that a lot of misinformation has been being told about their site in the last few months.

Welcome to the forum.

NFO
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks.

Taco
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure who told you that. But some people at Clear Channel say it's just an advertising deal - no ownership at all. Mom Bear works in their Sales Dept and they hooked up an ad deal.

I guess that explains this....

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/d8d36a2e2aab46604b6db3630a6c9f84f9787906.pjpg

.........and why the Ticket 760 mentions Spursreport but refuses to mention Spurstalk :corn:

Even though Peter and JB frequent this site and promote their shows and upcoming events ...............just saying :lol

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Okay, not to be snarky, but the post on the top of their forum looking for new moderators made me laugh.

:lol

NFO
08-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Okay, not to be snarky, but the post on the top of their forum looking for new moderators made me laugh.

:lol

:hat

ex-moderator
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM

:lolYes!

So long, suckers!

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Oh and I just want to say one more thing on this topic... If Ladyspur and DizzG got fired as mods (I doubt they did, but maybe), then I really feel bad for them. Though they get made fun of here from time to time, I know that they were very dedicated and really loved SR. So, I hope that they actually kept them around.

And where is Jesse these days? I know some of those lame topics being posted under "Amente" can't be his.

ATRAIN
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh and I just want to say one more thing on this topic... If Ladyspur and DizzG got fired as mods (I doubt they did, but maybe), then I really feel bad for them. Though they get made fun of here from time to time, I know that they were very dedicated and really loved SR. So, I hope that they actually kept them around.

And where is Jesse these days? I know some of those lame topics being posted under "Amente" can't be his.

Would they join over here? If they arent part of the site already.

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
What I heard happened was Dusty is Mombear. Clearchannel created him/her to go into the internets and turn everything they see into clearchannel property. They monitor all things that are being said about them and if it is against CC beliefs a huge bear will jump out of your screen and pull you in. In fact CC already got ahold of some people and that is why this thread is here. It’s free ad space. The way I understand it is if you look into a mirror and say Dusty is MomBear three times and then look into your computer that little girl from poltergeist comes out and gets you. Again there are two ways to get sucked in so please avoid… them… hello? Who’s there! WAIT WHO ARE YOU! NNNNOOOO

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Would they join over here? If they arent part of the site already.

Some of their mods already post here under aliases.

ATRAIN
08-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Some of their mods already post here under aliases.

Sneaky Sneaky, do they do it to spy or do it because its lame at SR?

NFO
08-04-2008, 03:02 PM

Well I can confirm one of the mods you mentioned resigned over there. Not sure about the other. There was another mod that was also let go, also resigned.

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Sneaky Sneaky, do they do it to spy or do it because its lame at SR?

:lol @ spying

I'm guessing they do it because they enjoy ST but don't want any backlash about posting here.

PeterBurns
08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
You guys make it sound like a Mafia hit.

So and So got taken out, and now the balance of power is in limbo. Which could mean internet blood on the keyboards of many....

Both sites are good. Just depends on which one you prefer.

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 03:09 PM

It's okay, we know you have to say that ;)

Man Mountain
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
1 million posts ago at SpursTalk was May 19, 2007.
1 million posts ago at SR was April 24, 2005.

So, it took us 14 months for a million posts and it took them 3 years and 3 months

I guess all their "reply in 2 words" threads aren't really adding up to much.

ploto
08-04-2008, 03:14 PM

Just what I love most-- the company line. :lol

ploto
08-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I do know this. Years ago I was banned. Then during this past season from out of the blue, I got an e-mail telling me that my request to be reinstated had been granted. :lol

So I would log in occasionally but never to post-- only to PM some people I know there. I refused to post anything that would add to the content of their site after what happened, but I used it to keep in touch with a few people. Now the PM function is gone, so it is useless to me.

P.S. Hi Nate :) --guess who??

PeterBurns
08-04-2008, 03:36 PM
It's okay, we know you have to say that ;)

C'mon Kori.

No matter what people say, hosts go to both sites to gauge the fans interest minus a filter.

The fact that I have more posts here is simply because of coincidence.

IronMexican
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Are admins from both sites friends, mutual or hate each other?

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Are admins from both sites friends, mutual or hate each other?

Used to all be friends long ago. Now, I just talk to a couple of their mods from time to time.

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
C'mon Kori.

No matter what people say, hosts go to both sites to gauge the fans interest minus a filter.

The fact that I have more posts here is simply because of coincidence.

You know I'm just playing with you, Peter. I know you just come here for the rap battles with LJ.

timvp
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
You know I'm just playing with you, Peter. I know you just come here for the rap battles with LJ.Pff. The last time I started battling with PeterBurns, he told me he had to have his parent permission slip signed by a certain Mr. Garza because SR didn't want to take on the liability of having a crippled poster on their hands. Never heard back . . .

PeterBurns
08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Pff. The last time I started battling with PeterBurns,

Amazing that's the way remember you remember our battle years ago. Alzheimer's is a bitch ain't it.

Here's your word of the day.

Revisionism.

Don't bother about looking it up. I did the work for you TimVP

.....the retelling of a story with substantial alterations in character or environment, to "revise" the view shown in the original work.

Destro
08-04-2008, 11:07 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/296/stvssrtq3.png

Spurs Talk gets more hits than SR and has been for a while..below are daily page views six months

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5113/stvssrey4.png

SequSpur
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
wgaf

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stvssrtq3.png

Spurs Talk gets more hits than SR and has been for a while..below are daily page views six months

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5113/stvssrey4.png

Not a very accurate chart. Alexa just counts people who have an Alexa toolbar, pretty much. But, yeah ST has been getting 3-4 times the traffic of SR for a few years.

Trainwreck2100
08-04-2008, 11:27 PM
According to that chart they beat ST for like an hour in July