PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Marvel movies

MaK
05-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Marvel plans to launch its 2010 film slate with the release of the sequel, Iron Man 2, on April 30, 2010, followed by the launch of Thor on June 4, 2010. Additionally, Marvel is planting its feature film stakes for summer 2011 with an Avengers-themed summer – a two-picture project which will debut on May 6, 2011 with The First Avenger: Captain America (working title), followed by The Avengers in July 2011.

Also the new Incredible Hulk comes out this June.

monosylab1k
05-05-2008, 12:38 PM
There's already way too many fucking comic book movies out as it is. I liked Iron Man and all, but large majority of these movies suck and will continue to suck.

Mister Sinister
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Plus there's supposedly Spidey 4 in 2010 with Jim Carrey as Carnage/Cletus Kasady.

mardigan
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
New Doctor Strange movie announced directed by Guerrillmo Del Torro and written by Neil Gaimen.

monosylab1k
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Daredevil 7 should be pretty sweet.

Mister Sinister
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
New Doctor Strange movie announced directed by Guerrillmo Del Torro and written by Neil Gaimen.

Hmm...not sure if want....

Spurminator
05-05-2008, 12:52 PM
When is the next Superman? Or are they just going to start over and pretend the last one didn't happen (like Hulk)?

monosylab1k
05-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I can't wait till some Hollywood genius greenlights Shaq in Steel 2.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I think they've got X-Men prequels waiting in the wings for Wolverine and Professor X/Magneto.

On top of that I think they've got Thor optioned for a movie, probably with the intent of getting him into any upcoming Avenger project along with Iron Man, Hulk, and Cap.

I'm hopeful for all of these precisely because they are looking to do them as a series. A big problem for the original Hulk and X3 (and Spidey 3 from what I hear) is that the writers felt like this was their last shot and had to jam in too much. The movies ended up either too long and bogged down (Hulk) or diluted by so many new characters that none was properly developed. Instead they seem to be treating these movies more like comic books, looking ahead at each one as a piece of a puzzle rather than trying to make every one a stand alone thing.

Oh, and there's a Punisher movies coming up too. I think they've got the guy who played Titus Pullo from Rome starring there.

RandomGuy
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM

Gaiman is writing screenplays? :wow

That man is one of modern literature's best storytellers, and Del Torro has done some pretty top-notch stuff.

This oughta be good.

Anti.Hero
12-13-2008, 08:20 PM
New Wolverine movie trailer is showing @ The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Waiting for a better quality version of it to release on Monday (hopefully 1080P on apple's site) but it looks pretty cool. Jackman looks a lot bigger than he did in X-Men.

pawe
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I just want someone to make a Green Lantern movie and im a happy camper.

balli
12-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Or are they just going to start over and pretend the last one didn't happen (like Hulk)?
I don't know... but they fucking need to.

I'm through with comic movies. Until somebody makes an ultra-violent, ultra-gritty, ultra-coherent and ultra-mature movie, a la Sin City, I'm over the genre. And I'm not going to make the distinction between graphic novels and comics, I just want to see something other than these lame ass, family friendly, mass appeal, blockbusters.

tp2021
12-13-2008, 11:04 PM
1kgHjmmHeOI
Here's the Wolverine trailer. Deadpool and Gambit sightings. At least I think that's Gambit.

balli
12-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Here's the Wolverine trailer. Deadpool and Gambit sightings. At least I think that's Gambit.

I'd love to see Nightcrawler. I don't know what the hell they were thinking writing him out of X3 after his opening scene in X2. Which, IMO, is the single coolest action scene to come out of the comic genre.

tp2021
12-13-2008, 11:20 PM
I just looked on the wikipedia page, and there's a character that has the same power as Nightcrawler in this movie: Kestrel, played by Will.i.am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Origins:_Wolverine

lefty
12-13-2008, 11:27 PM
When is the SequSpur movie out ?

CuckingFunt
12-13-2008, 11:38 PM
I just looked on the wikipedia page, and there's a character that has the same power as Nightcrawler in this movie: Kestrel, played by Will.i.am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Origins:_Wolverine

Will.i.am? Ugh...

tp2021
12-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Will.i.am? Ugh...
And Common is in the new Terminator!

CuckingFunt
12-13-2008, 11:55 PM
And Common is in the new Terminator!

For some reason, I don't find that one quite as offensive. Common was decent in American Gangster.

lefty
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Thor cameo in Hulk.

The mouse pointers shows something falling, but just watch at the 1:00 mark in the cloud, just next the thing pointed by the mouse (on its right), we can clearly see Thor's face

v3QCoYYbhNM

Captain America's shield in Iron Man

gmnmApv39CA

Captain America's frozen body in Hulk

DISbgtVy3_Q&NR=1

Captain America in Hulk

aSzhxllE0RM

balli
12-14-2008, 12:39 AM
For some reason, I don't find that one quite as offensive. Common was decent in American Gangster.
Didn't make it past the first few minutes of American Gangster, but in general, I like Common and think he's a smart writer, rap and otherwise. It doesn't surprise me he did a good acting job.

I won't say will.i.am is a bad actor because I've never seen him act, but intuitively I doubt he'd be that good. Anybody who would sell out their hip hop roots for Fergie and the subsequent money she makes can't be trusted.

Anti.Hero
12-14-2008, 12:59 AM
I don't know... but they fucking need to.

I'm through with comic movies. Until somebody makes an ultra-violent, ultra-gritty, ultra-coherent and ultra-mature movie, a la Sin City, I'm over the genre. And I'm not going to make the distinction between graphic novels and comics, I just want to see something other than these lame ass, family friendly, mass appeal, blockbusters.

I agree 1000000000000%.

Get no-name actors, stay true to the heart of the character/story, and I will be happy.

Hollywood tries to make a cookie-cutter blockbuster out of each one instead of doing justice to the creation.

Anti.Hero
12-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Those cameos were stupid as shit. (thanks for posting them though!)

I understand limiting the cameos because you have not casted them yet, but people should not need a 50" t.v. with 1080P to even have a CHANCE at seeing little black dots that even then COULD be Thor/Captain America.

phyzik
12-14-2008, 01:20 AM
For the record.... Sin City sucked. The acting was horrible. If the acting had been any better than a B movie, I might have enjoyed it.

tp2021
12-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Didn't make it past the first few minutes of American Gangster, but in general, I like Common and think he's a smart writer, rap and otherwise. It doesn't surprise me he did a good acting job.

I won't say will.i.am is a bad actor because I've never seen him act, but intuitively I doubt he'd be that good. Anybody who would sell out their hip hop roots for Fergie and the subsequent money she makes can't be trusted.

Wait...do you trust Carlos Boozer? :stirpot:

balli
12-14-2008, 01:26 AM
For the record.... Sin City sucked. The acting was horrible. If the acting had been any better than a B movie, I might have enjoyed it.

Yeah, most of the actors used caricature as an excuse to do a lazy job IMO. Mickey Rourke excluded. And really, I liked it, but not that much. I'm just sayin', content and theme wise, I really like to see another comic movie take a chance on ditching the pg-13 "cookie cutter blockbuster" mold, to use Anti's words.

balli
12-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Wait...do you trust Carlos Boozer? :stirpot:

No. I hate Loozer, have so for a year and a half and I've been praying that we trade him... or that his car skids off the icy freeway, while he's making his way to the arena to sit out yet another game in a 3,000 suit and diamond earrings, thereby forcing him into early retirement or a coffin. There is not an NBA player I have more animosity for than Carlos Boozer.

Anti.Hero
12-14-2008, 01:35 AM
I think Wolverine:origins is still up for grabs as far as rating.

At the very least, do PG-13 to get your target audience then release director's cut DVD.

I'm still waiting for a chance to see the New Punisher movie but I will watch with low expectations.

tp2021
12-14-2008, 01:35 AM
No. I hate Loozer, have so for a year and a half and I've been praying that we trade him... or that his car skids off the icy freeway, while he's making his way to the arena to sit out yet another game in a 3,000 suit and diamond earrings, thereby forcing him into early retirement or a coffin. There is not an NBA player I have more animosity for than Carlos Boozer.

:wow

tp2021
12-14-2008, 01:38 AM
At least he's coming off the books in time for the 2010 sweepstakes.

CuckingFunt
12-14-2008, 02:08 AM

That last sentence was the main reason for the ugh. As a lifelong fan of old musicals, I'm a firm believer in the possibility of a legitimate triple threat performer. For that reason, I try not to judge the actors who start singing or the singers who start acting until I hear/see them. Sure, they're usually crappy, but every now and then there's a nice surprise.

That being said, the intelligence of all those involved in the Fergie decision will forever be in question.

florige
12-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I keep hearing that the new Punisher movie was gawd awful as well. Anyone here check it out?

lefty
12-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Wasn't Wolverine found or captured by Guardian ?

Spurtacus
12-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I keep hearing that the new Punisher movie was gawd awful as well. Anyone here check it out?

Mixed reactions. Critics hated it. IMDB raiting is fair. It will be out in video in 3 months. Just wait for it.

Spurtacus
12-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I personally can't wait for the Wolverine movie. Trailer rocks.

Blake
12-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I know it's DC, but I'd love nothing more than to see a Green Lantern movie.

/geek