PDA

View Full Version : spurs cancel practice

PejaUpsideYaHead
05-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Duncan's response? Everyone will have to wait and see. The Spurs had scheduled practice at the New Orleans Arena on Sunday, but canceled it.

a little winded are we?:blah:blah:rollin:rollin:rollin

spursfan09
05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Playing for championships and playing long post seasons in the last 10 years does that to you. But Hornets would never know.

Rummpd
05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
NOH fans will be in for a shock tonight when they see the "A" game the Spurs and Duncan are bringing in. SAS at its best will trounce the over-hyped, over-confident, NOH team with ease tonight.

DarrinS
05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
NOH fans will be in for a shock tonight when they see the "A" game the Spurs and Duncan are bringing in. SAS at its best will trounce the over-hyped, over-confident, NOH team with ease tonight.

I hope so, I just haven't seen that type of game played against NO this season.

Budkin
05-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Timmy is going to annihilate some bugs tonight.

pawe
05-05-2008, 01:56 PM
toilet bug is the more appropriate term

MoSpur
05-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I hope the rest works out well for the Spurs.

Tradition
05-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Spurs are fucking pussies if the Hornets end up going 2-0. Unacceptable and inexcusable on any reason for them to lose tonight. If they are a true championship team this year, they will win game 2. If they dont, then it's another 2nd round exit after a title for the 3rd time in a row.

san antonio spurs
05-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Spurs are fucking pussies if the Hornets end up going 2-0. Unacceptable and inexcusable on any reason for them to lose tonight. If they are a true championship team this year, they will win game 2. If they dont, then it's another 2nd round exit after a title for the 3rd time in a row.
Any team in the league will take that in a hurry.

Tradition
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Any team in the league will take that in a hurry.

Not saying they wouldnt but this is the last dance for the Spurs so this needs to be an epic run with closure.

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I hear Matt Bonner was out celebrating his birthday last night and that incensed Pop

FromWayDowntown
05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I take a lot of solace in the idea that the Spurs didn't practice on Sunday. It suggests that they believe their shortcomings weren't matters of preparation or approach, but more matters of hustle and execution. I would tend to agree with that idea. But a day to stew on their poor performance in Game 1 might be just what the doctor ordered for the Spurs.

slayermin
05-05-2008, 02:29 PM

STFU! Your series with the Jazz is just beginning bitch.

gmanrulz
05-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Spurs head coach Greg Poppovich cancelled a scheduled practice after remember they do not need to practice in order to beat the hornets. When asked about the situation, Pops response...Practice!?

Dex
05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Not saying they wouldnt but this is the last dance for the Spurs so this needs to be an epic run with closure.

Last dance?

We've got tons of expiring contracts, two quality bigmen already set to come in next year, and a Big Three that is signed through 2010 and still in their prime. Not to mention Tim Duncan.

If you're hoping for the Spurs to miss the playoffs next year, you're gonna be disappointed.

nfg3
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Last dance?

We've got tons of expiring contracts, two quality bigmen already set to come in next year, and a Big Three that is signed through 2010 and still in their prime. Not to mention Tim Duncan.

If you're hoping for the Spurs to miss the playoffs next year, you're gonna be disappointed.

:tu

Just reloading for another run.

K-State Spur
05-05-2008, 03:09 PM

Duncan has probably 2 more years where he can be expected to play at a prime level.

Manu just finished his best season.

Any of the slight drop-off that could happen with Duncan's game could easily be picked up by Parker as he enters the prime years of his career.

And they'll have a lot of cap space (i realize that this word does not exist in LA) over the next two years to surround them with another scorer or a host of role players.

yes, it's conceivable that this could be the team's last major run. but there is no reason to assume that this would be the case.

Nolazach
05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Spurs head coach Greg Poppovich cancelled a scheduled practice after remember they do not need to practice in order to beat the hornets. When asked about the situation, Pops response...Practice!?

Yeah it isn't like they lost the other day.

Dallas did the same thing after game one, helped them out a lot.

gmanrulz
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Damn you charlotte hornets r cocky

2Cleva
05-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Last dance?

Not to say SA is done but the expiring contracts they have really don't help. They can't be dealt unless its in S&T capacity - where the new team is paying them at least for one season. Its not like they are ending Ks, which have value at each deadline unless the Spurs re-sign them all for 1 year deals.

Cap was at $55.6 this past season. Next year figure $58. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili alone is $41.6. Add in Bowen (4), Oberto (4), Bonner (2.9), Vaugn, Udoka, and Barry (3.4) and SA has no usable cap space. Whats more, SA can't trade for impact because they don't have the salaries to trade (Bowen and Oberto is 8 mil but no one wants them). Add in Bonner and they could send a 3-1 for someone making max money that a team wants to dump (Vince) but thats about it.

MLE is it for the flexibility for the Spurs next year. They have nothing else to reload with except for draft picks. Even Splitter doesn't net much.

Dealing Scola and Udrih away for nothing could be what will kill the Spurs ability to reload.

Nolazach
05-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Damn you charlotte hornets r cocky

yeah so are you Dallas Chaparrals.

gmanrulz
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM

pretty sure we have 4 titles in the last 9 years.

1Parker1
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I take a lot of solace in the idea that the Spurs didn't practice on Sunday. It suggests that they believe their shortcomings weren't matters of preparation or approach, but more matters of hustle and execution. I would tend to agree with that idea. But a day to stew on their poor performance in Game 1 might be just what the doctor ordered for the Spurs.

Well, the fact that they played the first and second halves like night and day makes you think that it's a matter of execution, not just mismatches and being outtalented or something.

If the Spurs had played the entire game like they did the 2nd half, then I'd seriously be worried. As it is, I am just mildly worried. Ask me again after tonight's game. :lol I think the winner of tonight's game is going to go on and win the series.

Nolazach
05-05-2008, 03:55 PM
pretty sure we have 4 titles in the last 9 years.

I'm pretty sure Texas used to be in Mexico, but what does the past have to do with anything?

Bartleby
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM

:lol

I wonder if the Hornets will be like the Jazz and keep their name when they move.

gmanrulz
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM
:lol

I wonder if the Hornets will be like the Jazz and keep their name when they move.

they already did

Bartleby
05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
they already did

Good point, I should have posted, "when they move for good."

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Playing for championships and playing long post seasons in the last 10 years does that to you. But Hornets would never know.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Who cares. It's just practice.....

eGDBR2L5kzI

FromWayDowntown
05-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Not to say SA is done but the expiring contracts they have really don't help. They can't be dealt unless its in S&T capacity - where the new team is paying them at least for one season. Its not like they are ending Ks, which have value at each deadline unless the Spurs re-sign them all for 1 year deals.

Cap was at $55.6 this past season. Next year figure $58. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili alone is $41.6. Add in Bowen (4), Oberto (4), Bonner (2.9), Vaugn, Udoka, and Barry (3.4) and SA has no usable cap space. Whats more, SA can't trade for impact because they don't have the salaries to trade (Bowen and Oberto is 8 mil but no one wants them). Add in Bonner and they could send a 3-1 for someone making max money that a team wants to dump (Vince) but thats about it.

MLE is it for the flexibility for the Spurs next year. They have nothing else to reload with except for draft picks. Even Splitter doesn't net much.

Dealing Scola and Udrih away for nothing could be what will kill the Spurs ability to reload.

I'd dispute some of that, if only because it's not as if the Spurs need a bunch of new bodies to fill out a roster that can compete at the top of the NBA next season. They need a couple of young and athletic bigs and have them coming in Mahinmi and Splitter -- we'll see if they can play, but there is some reason to be optimistic about them. They have the MLE to seek out a wing player and a 1st round pick to, perhaps, find a young guy who can break into the rotation. They can also work deals like the one that brought Turkoglu to San Antonio for basically nothing (Danny Ferry's contract) in 2003. And they can look to add a couple of vets for the minimum and fill in spots.

I don't think they have to go out and get a max guy this summer in order to maintain their credibility at the top of the West.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Who cares. It's just practice.....

eGDBR2L5kzI

i actually like what he said. and yeah he's from my area so I am biased, but I really don't have a problem with what he said, especially considering how Iverson destroys his body on the court for the team.

- Mars

K-State Spur
05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
i actually like what he said. and yeah he's from my area so I am biased, but I really don't have a problem with what he said, especially considering how Iverson destroys his body on the court for the team.

- Mars

You live near Hampton?

Brutalis
05-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Ok look.

I will admit, and some of you may be shocked. I don't know why they canceled practice for real. But I think there's logical reasons as to why.

-They don't need practice, they need rest. For the mind as well as the body they need to eat, shit, relax, and sleep.

-They don't need practice, they are playing game #90 of the season. (again) By now they know what they need to do tonight especially after Game 1.

-We don't know who's watching, and we wouldn't care regardless. But for what price some may ask? Spare that, we don't need to shoot around on those tight ass rims and fuck our shot up and come back to SA shooting it too soft. Think about it, rest is so much more needed.

And that's all I got.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 05:01 PM

- Mars

Iverson's little rant is one of my favorite pro athlete speeches of all-time.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 05:02 PM
You live near Hampton?

Norfolk, exactly. We've been through this before K-State Spur, remember? I'm a UVa fan, etc :P

- Mars

T Park
05-05-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd dispute some of that, if only because it's not as if the Spurs need a bunch of new bodies to fill out a roster that can compete at the top of the NBA next season. They need a couple of young and athletic bigs and have them coming in Mahinmi and Splitter -- we'll see if they can play, but there is some reason to be optimistic about them. They have the MLE to seek out a wing player and a 1st round pick to, perhaps, find a young guy who can break into the rotation. They can also work deals like the one that brought Turkoglu to San Antonio for basically nothing (Danny Ferry's contract) in 2003. And they can look to add a couple of vets for the minimum and fill in spots.

I don't think they have to go out and get a max guy this summer in order to maintain their credibility at the top of the West.

Unfortunately the FA market has squat for swingmen, and I have 0 confidence in the domestic drafting ability of the FO.

Splitter is the guy that if they had right now, I would be 100% confident in defending David West right now.

Tradition
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Last dance?

Spurs arent lottery bound but they are going to slide next year. They will have too many holes to fill. The big 3 will still be awesome but their supporting cast will have a good share of new faces of rookies needing to step up right away and who else they might sign if they can fit into the system.

On top of that, the Lakers era on ruling the NBA world returns next season (Outside the Spurs/Celtics, I love our chances against everyone else for this season). Spurs will make the playoffs and be a force in the west but they wont be the top dog anymore. This year is it for them in terms of being kings of the world.

Tradition
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
STFU! Your series with the Jazz is just beginning bitch.

I know. They won game 1 and they are going to win this series.

inconvertible
05-05-2008, 08:31 PM

I love that logo......its probably the best in the league.

inconvertible
05-05-2008, 08:32 PM

we need splitter and idi amini............bad.

sprrs
05-05-2008, 08:48 PM

Is that what passes for smack these days?

WildcardManu
05-05-2008, 09:02 PM
+1 bitches

WildcardManu
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
:lmao wrong thread

FlavoredIcecream
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM

:lol: :lol :lol :lol

Spurs looked good :downspin: