PDA

View Full Version : Don't be surprised if the Spurs are down 10 at Halftime

gaKNOW!blee
05-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Haven't we seen this act before? The Hornets are going to come out strong, doing dunks, behind the back passes and screaming their heads off after every and1 play. Expect alot of pumping up the crowd up motions. The Spurs will just stay calm and let the storm pass, with the Hornets being cocky in the second half the Spurs will very very slowly strangle them. Next thing you know the Spurs are up 5 with 2 seconds left, and the whole building going what the fuck just happened?

Let the Hornets wear themselves out, just dont panic:hat

xtremesteven33
05-05-2008, 02:47 PM
but what do we do when they break out the peja heads??!!!

2easy
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Considering the Hornets probably have the best 2nd half defense in the league, i doubt it. I'll put it this way, if the Spurs arent up by double-digits at the half then the Spurs will lose.

slowchild25
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see the opposite. The Spurs will probably jump out to the early lead like last game. For whatever reason the Hornets never play well in the first half and for whatever reason always come out blazing in the second half.

NoMoneyDown
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see the opposite. The Spurs will probably jump out to the early lead like last game. For whatever reason the Hornets never play well in the first half and for whatever reason always come out blazing in the second half.

A great 2H is usually the Spurs' MO.

tlongII
05-05-2008, 02:57 PM
A great 2H is usually the Spurs' MO.

It wasn't in game 1.

Jimcs50
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
If Spurs are down at halftime, they are finished. They never ever come back to win games when they are down at halftime.

SAtown
05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
If Spurs are down at halftime, they are finished. They never ever come back to win games when they are down at halftime.

You're kidding, right? :lol

TheTruth62987
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Haven't we seen this act before? The Hornets are going to come out strong, doing dunks, behind the back passes and screaming their heads off after every and1 play. Expect alot of pumping up the crowd up motions. The Spurs will just stay calm and let the storm pass, with the Hornets being cocky in the second half the Spurs will very very slowly strangle them. Next thing you know the Spurs are up 5 with 2 seconds left, and the whole building going what the fuck just happened?

Let the Hornets wear themselves out, just dont panic:hat

You must not pay attention to the Hornets very much huh? If anything, the Hornets are known for starting off slow in the first half and finishing the game up 15 points. They play better defense as the game progresses as well.

Jimcs50
You're kidding, right? :lol

I would actually prefer that they are 4 pts down than 4 pts up. They comer out much stronger usually when they are slightly down.

Now if I could have a wish, I would want them up 20 at halftime.

:)

NoMoneyDown
It wasn't in game 1.

I guess you missed the word "usually". Here is how the Phoenix series went:

G1: SAS -8 at the half, won by 2 ... +10 differential
G2: SAS -7 at the half, won by 6 ... +13 differential
G3: SAS +14 at the half, won by 16 ... +2 differential
G4: SAS -22 at the half, lost by 19 ... +3 differential
G5: SAS +9 at the half, won by 5 ... -4 differential

Jimcs50
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
You must not pay attention to the Hornets very much huh? If anything, the Hornets are known for starting off slow in the first half and finishing the game up 15 points. They play better defense as the game progresses as well.

Hell no we are not paying attention, duh..... we have never watched this team play over the years because they were never ever on tv, because they have sucked balls for so damn long, and never ever win in the playoffs.

Jimcs50
05-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Actually, this year, the Spurs have been rather pedestrian in 2nd halves compared to years past.

tlongII
05-05-2008, 03:09 PM

You see the thing is they aren't playing Phoenix any more!

Jimcs50
05-05-2008, 03:11 PM
You see the thing is they aren't playing Phoenix any more!

and Portland is not playing any more.....period

gaKNOW!blee
05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Honestly I dont give a shit how the Hornets play or what they are known for. The Spurs arent one of these teams that is going to panic and come out of the gate screaming and yelling, and going out of their way to try and win the game. They have a system, and its worked the last 10 years, this isnt the time to change it.

NoMoneyDown
05-05-2008, 03:25 PM

I did the same analysis of the Hornets, and both teams seemed to do better in the 2H of the 1st round series. Interestingly, New Orleans had a +24 differential in G1 of their series with Dallas. Their G1 differential against the Spurs was ... +23. Scary? Well, the Hornets only averaged a differential of +0.5 for the remaining 4 games against Dallas. For the Spurs, they averaged a +3.5 differential for games 2-5 with Phoenix.

ElNono
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Differential numbers don't tell the story on Game 1. We were down 10 with 3 mins to go, when we put in the scrubs and gave up on the game.

King Ju I
05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
If youre down 10 at half time the numbers show that we dominate in the second half especially on d. I dont think thats where you guys would want to be on the road. We aint Phoenix!

hive_attack
05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the spurs are down by 10 at the end of the game. ;)

reck21
05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
King Ju I, you're too hook on stats that dont mean squat to the Spurs.

You're thinking too highly of your NO. If the Spurs are not up by double digits they'll lose?

Get your head out of your ass. The Hornets aren't that great.

EDIT:

Actually King Ju I, I'll apologize to you. You weren't the one who said that.

2Easy is the guy I was replying to.

Hook Dem
05-05-2008, 06:34 PM

Could happen but you're setting yourself up for some real humiliation if it doesn't!

CheeburgerCheeburger
05-05-2008, 06:34 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/270916539_5a9c0691ef.jpg

gmartin02
05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
King Ju I, you're too hook on stats that dont mean squat to the Spurs.

You're thinking too highly of your NO. If the Spurs are not up by double digits they'll lose?

Get your head out of your ass. The Hornets aren't that great.

EDIT:

Actually King Ju I, I'll apologize to you. You weren't the one who said that.

2Easy is the guy I was replying to.Boy it is going to be pretty quiet around these forums in a couple of weeks when the Hornets eliminate the Spurs.
P.S. I will repost this message in a few days (after the Spurs are eliminated) - the Spurs are a really good team, it's just that the Hornets are just a little bit better at this point in the season this year.

reck21
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Boy it is going to be pretty quiet around these forums in a couple of weeks when the Hornets eliminate the Spurs.
P.S. I will repost this message in a few days (after the Spurs are eliminated) - the Spurs are a really good team, it's just that the Hornets are just a little bit better at this point in the season this year.

As if the Jazz aren't going to kick the Lakers ass?

You should concern yourself with that not about the Spurs.

Budkin
05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I gotta say the head on a stick thing is actually pretty funny. How did that start?

gmartin02
05-05-2008, 09:18 PM
As if the Jazz aren't going to kick the Lakers ass?

You should concern yourself with that not about the Spurs.Your right -
the Jazz aren't going to kick the Lakers ass