PDA

View Full Version : A Comparison between the two citys

Spursman2884
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
New Orleans is the Crescent gem. A chocolate city replete with voodoo and song. Its a whole different world over their. A good place to visit, but not to stay.

San Antonio has better cuisine, the kind you'd love if you ever had a Johnny Rockets hamburger on the Riverwalk. Also my professor told me the other day that it was the Germans in San Antonio that invented flower tortillas, the kind you'd love if you have ever eaten at On the Border. FOr my money, there is no better wy to spend your day than eat at TGI Fridays on the river and then walk to Pat O'Briens, the kind you'd love if you've ever been to downtown San Antonio.

What thinks you, fello timmy fans?

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
city smack thread.

- Mars

Smirk
05-05-2008, 06:48 PM
:lol

It burns....

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
What thinks you, fello timmy fans?

I think you need a spell checker.

CheeburgerCheeburger
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Both cities have a lot to offer in my opinion. Take San Antonio for example, you've got cities like Oklahoma City that actively try to model their city after San Antonio. That says something.

Cmmsh
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
You've got to be kidding that the food is better in San Antonio? I am sure there are many things about San Antonio that are better than N.O., but I promise you the food is not one of them. No matter WHAT kind of food you like.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
You've got to be kidding that the food is better in San Antonio? I am sure there are many things about San Antonio that are better than N.O., but I promise you the food is not one of them. No matter WHAT kind of food you like.

Newsflash...I think that's where the Johnny Rockets and TGI Fridays references come into play.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM

i live in norfolk, virginia, and besides being a Spurs fan consider myself fairly neutral considering I have not visited either city in my lifetime, but by reputation only, I'd have to go with NO. then again, with all due respect, this rep was pre-Katrina.

- Mars

stepmonkey
05-05-2008, 06:55 PM
How can you talk San Antonio cuisine without mentioning McDonalds, Chilis, and Red Lobster?

stepmonkey
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM
To anybody in N.O. Is the Praline Connection still there? Now that was some good eatin.

Nolazach
05-05-2008, 07:06 PM
To anybody in N.O. Is the Praline Connection still there? Now that was some good eatin.

Yeah it is good.

http://www.pralineconnection.com/

BlackFlagg
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
C'mon, chain restaurants? If you're going to talk S.A. cuisine, try La Tortillita, Casa Rio or Mi Tierra.

And make no mistake, NOLA has some of the best food in the world. I heart New Orleans. :toast

Trash talking cities. Jeez.... :rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I thought 2884 was supposed to be some sort of N.O. super troll.

Looks pretty weak, IMHO.

01Snake
05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I loved going to NOLA prior to Katrina. Been back once since and its just not the same and might not ever be.

SpursWoman
05-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Didn't we get one of you guys' roller coasters at Fiesta Texas? :lol

So, that alone makes San Antonio >>>>>> New Orleans ... because we have more roller coasters.

And I love roller coasters, but :shootme @ this thread.

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Agreed. I grew up in San Antonio, and New Orleans is my home now.

And there is nothing like the food here.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 07:19 PM

Looks pretty weak, IMHO.

like NLAC?

- Mars

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:20 PM
i live in norfolk, virginia, and besides being a Spurs fan consider myself fairly neutral considering I have not visited either city in my lifetime, but by reputation only, I'd have to go with NO. then again, with all due respect, this rep was pre-Katrina.

- Mars

I was born in Norfolk!

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM

The only weakness I've found in the New Orleans food scene is the real lack of good Tex-Mex restaurants. There's Casa Garcia in Kenner, but it's a little fancier. And the places in Metairie are gringo establishments, but the food's not bad.

With all the Hondurans and Mexicans here, it's actually easy to get authentic Central American food, but it's not the Tex-Mex we all know and love. So when I'm in San Antonio I'll usually stuff myself full of Las Palapas or one of the family joints. Even Taco Cabana.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I was born in Norfolk!

!!!

:toast represent. better than va beach since 1682.

http://norva.ytmnd.com

- Mars

King Ju I
05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
This dudes threads are the shit. The one about the breakdown of each of the divison's teams names and now this one. Lol @ bring up chain restaurants as a signal that San An has better food.

Loose Cannon
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Hurricane = chick drink

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
This dudes threads are the shit. The one about the breakdown of each of the divison's teams names and now this one. Lol @ bring up chain restaurants as a signal that San An has better food.

I thought 2884 was supposedly some Hornet supertroll?

- Mars

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
New Orleans is the Crescent gem. A chocolate city replete with voodoo and song. Its a whole different world over their. A good place to visit, but not to stay.

It's as corrupt and driven by the political machines as Chicago. Minus the Teamsters. But the food's better here.

King Ju I
05-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Hurricane = chick drink

Ahh but hand grenade = everyone's drink

VoiceofReason
05-05-2008, 07:28 PM

Looks pretty weak, IMHO.

2884 is an internet god. He will burn in your mind.

Don Quixote
!!!

:toast represent. better than va beach since 1682.

http://norva.ytmnd.com

- Mars

I wouldn't know. I lived in Va. Beach until I was about 10.

When I moved to Texas, I had never seen a Mexican. I'd seen alot of Filipinos and blacks, but never a Hispanic.

Kori Ellis
Lame thread. Take it to the Club and keep the Katrina/Mexican smack out of it.

Thanks.

King Ju I
05-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I thought 2884 was supposedly some Hornet supertroll?

- Mars

Lol. I was joking. He's being a supertroll. But his threads have been funny and yet pointless :lol

CuckingFunt
05-05-2008, 07:32 PM
I loved going to NOLA prior to Katrina. Been back once since and its just not the same and might not ever be.

I'm afraid to go back for this reason. I've always loved New Orleans, and had considered moving there many times, but a Disneyland version would just break my heart.

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm afraid to go back for this reason. I've always loved New Orleans, and had considered moving there many times, but a Disneyland version would just break my heart.

Hmmm. By Disneyland, would you mean the loss of its unique architecture? Or a more "touristy" feel? I assure you, Bourbon St. is as sleazy as ever. And, apart from a spot or two in the French Market and Decatur St., the town doesn't feel any more touristy than before the storm. And the old neighborhoods that had the great houses were the ones that didn't flood much, if at all.

Shelly
05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
But...but...but...does New Orleans have Whataburger????

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
2884 is an internet god. He will burn in your mind.

No Limit Army Commander >>> All

- Mars

CuckingFunt
05-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Hmmm. By Disneyland, would you mean the loss of its unique architecture? Or a more "touristy" feel? I assure you, Bourbon St. is as sleazy as ever. And, apart from a spot or two in the French Market and Decatur St., the town doesn't feel any more touristy than before the storm. And the old neighborhoods that had the great houses were the ones that didn't flood much, if at all.

More "touristy" feel, or... perhaps a loss of authenticity.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't know. I lived in Va. Beach until I was about 10.

When I moved to Texas, I had never seen a Mexican. I'd seen alot of Filipinos and blacks, but never a Hispanic.

you ever heard of Norfolk Christian? (the school I attend)

- Mars

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
More "touristy" feel, or... perhaps a loss of authenticity.

That's been a concern with some of the modular homes that have gone up in Lakeview and Gentilly. They have replaced much older houses. I guess they have a point, but most of the new homes here are very nice, and many have the New Orleans "look."

But, no, I haven't detected any more of a "touristy" feel since the storm, at least not in the areas where visitors go. It's a lot less touristy than the Riverwalk, I assure you.

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
you ever heard of Norfolk Christian? (the school I attend)

- Mars

No ... is it a junior high?

I go here ...
www.nobts.edu

The greatest seminary on the PLANET

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Um, no. Haven't met many of those types.

Most of the tourists like to walk around and see the sights. Or they stay in the clubs. Haven't you see the Women Gone Crazy videos?

CuckingFunt
05-05-2008, 08:22 PM
new orleans is a place where white people go for the weekend, take cabs everywhere because they're afraid to walk at night, and go to one or two whitebread country club spots and then after they get back home they feel so good about themselves because they helped out the po peeples of nawlins

Sadly, this is a lot of what I've seen on my travels there. And this is exactly the attitude that makes me worry about a Disneyland-ed New Orleans. It's a truly amazing city, but people act like assholes there.

Second trip I took was when I tagged along with my dad during a convention. There were a lot of people I met who wouldn't dare go into to the quarter and limited their restaurant excursions to Burger King, Emeril's restaurant, and Margaritaville. Stewpid.

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Sadly, this is a lot of what I've seen on my travels there. And this is exactly the attitude that makes me worry about a Disneyland-ed New Orleans. It's a truly amazing city, but people act like jerks there.

Second trip I took was when I tagged along with my dad during a convention. There were a lot of people I met who wouldn't dare go into to the quarter and limited their restaurant excursions to Burger King, Emeril's restaurant, and Margaritaville. Stewpid.

The real jerks here are the locals. Particularly from the projects and other poor neighborhoods. Alot of resentment there directed toward people in general.

And the people who were afraid of the Quarter needed a better tour guide. The Quarter is totally safe, especially during the day. Tourists, though, have no business going north of Basin St. Just stay in the Quarter, the CBD, or the Warehouse District and you'll have a great time.

gtownspur
05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
No Limit Army Commander >>> All

- Mars

No Limit Ass Marauder >>>> No Limit Army Commander.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2008, 12:29 AM

Looks pretty weak, IMHO.

But doubtless he has them rolling in the aisles in swamp country.

Jacob
05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
new orleans is a place where white people go for the weekend, take cabs everywhere because they're afraid to walk at night, and go to one or two whitebread country club spots and then after they get back home they feel so good about themselves because they helped out the po peeples of nawlins

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/802/duncegi8.gif

CubanMustGo
05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/802/duncegi8.gif

You've made nine posts.

Eight of them have been this exact image.

Projecting much?

tlongII
05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
San Antonio is hot, flat, and dusty.

New Orleans is hot, concave, and dirty.

SpursWoman
05-08-2008, 10:04 AM
:lol @ tlong

So, if you don't give a crap about food, voodoo, 'gators, jazz, and getting drunk or praying on those that do ... what's good about New Orleans that would make it better than San Antonio?

Don Quixote
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Actually, New Orleans is about as flat a city as you'll find. The lower Mississippi is some of the flattest land anywhere on earth.

San Antonio has some hills to the north and west.

peewee's lovechild
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
C'mon, chain restaurants? If you're going to talk S.A. cuisine, try La Tortillita, Casa Rio or Mi Tierra.

And make no mistake, NOLA has some of the best food in the world. I heart New Orleans. :toast

Trash talking cities. Jeez.... :rolleyes

Mi Tierra???

Are you serious???

That place sucks ass. There's nothing Mexican about their "Mexican Food".

Trust me, they DO NOT represent Mexican food.

peewee's lovechild
05-08-2008, 10:10 AM
San Antonio is hot, flat, and dusty.

New Orleans is hot, concave, and dirty.

San Antonio is not flat.

If you really believe that, then you must have trouble telling the difference between a penis and a vagina.

Don Quixote
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I used to take San Antonio's hills for granted.

But when I moved to New Orleans, it took awhile to get used to it. This place is flatter than western Oklahoma (it has hills), north Louisiana (a few high spots), and even the stereotypically flat Kansas. When it floods here, there is nowhere for the water to collect.

The only hills we have here are the natural levees and a couple of places in City Park.