PDA

View Full Version : Pop haters, read this and weep

boutons
01-22-2005, 01:43 AM
Ballsy move to sit Tony for 4th qtr and all of OT. I just knew Tony was coming in for crunch. Way to go, Pop.

Also, for keeping TMass out of the game, going small ball.

Tony, Beno, Manu, Brent, Devin, Brucce, and even Mike, a backcourt to die for.

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:44 AM
4 Down was run quite a bit too.

A play that is the bane of everything.

tekdragon
01-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Yesterday, 05:04 PM #19
tekdragon
Future Spurs Exec

Position: Rugged Forward
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $150
Re: who will shine in the spurs game agnst suns on friday?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop.

Tek_XX
01-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Why was it ballsy? Tony was laying eggs out there, the dude shot an airball. I'd give pop credit for finding the right lineup by the end of the game, but i doubt he gave much thought to playing tony.

atlfan25
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Pop knows what tha deal is.

whottt
01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
This was the best coached game ever by Pop...

Ever. And it's not even close to any others.

#1.He didn't stupidly sit Manu or Duncan when they were hot, in the middle of a momentum swinging portion of the game.

#2.Anyone notice that we out smallballed the Suns? We had Devin playing PF for most of that comeback.

This was almost a perfectly coached game by Pop...he still went to 4 down too many times, when Manu was going off and the Suns were doubling Duncan without the ball...one time it caused a TO that lead to a 3 that was nearly a back breaker...

But his substitutions were brilliant, he said to hell with the rotation(not that he had much choice), and he went with the hot hands...he should coach like this every game...we'd still be going for 70 wins.

This team has the talent to match up with anyone if Pop can just find the hot hands. Someone on this team is going to be hot every night(when healthy)

And let's put to rest the debate about whether or not Barry needs to be on the court when it is time to take some big shots.

Jimcs50
01-22-2005, 02:08 AM
He had to go 4 down to give the guys a blow

They played the whole 4th Q and all of OT.

They could not just run the whole time.

Besides, it made them foul TD a few times because of it and TD came through with his money FTs

T Park
01-22-2005, 02:09 AM
And let's put to rest the debate about whether or not Barry needs to be on the court when it is time to take some big shots.

Word Whottt.

Usually id say its just one game.

But this was a HUGE game, and a HUGE comeback.

Barry displayed nuts of platinum steel out there tonight and was just out of his mind.

what did he have 16 points??

Barry, Ginobili are absolute money in the 4th quarter of games.

Sense
01-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Like I've always said, never diss pop, he always gets the team going... Without him, we are nothing less than what KG's team is.