PDA

View Full Version : In all honesty, do you think the Spurs have a chance to win?

bdictjames
05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
New Orleans just has too many offensive weapons to use. Even Julian Wright goes off at us.

We held West at check, and the Hornets, well they blew the Spurs out again.

I guess we'll have to wait till next year to have that fifth ring. CP3 is just blowing by everyone, too many weapons and he's smart enough to use them successfully. Alley-oop to Chandler, fake pass and layup, find the open three. Always the same scenario.

lefty
Yes

Avitus1
Yes.

bdictjames
05-05-2008, 11:28 PM
IMO, Barry, Mighty Mouse, and Oberto should play more. Parker and Bowen should play less.

DarrinS
05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
We didn't just lose two games on the road, we got our ass kicked twice on the road.

Props to the Hornets. They are clearly the better team (so far). It really sucks to lose to a team with Peja (career choker).

DDS4
05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Hornets play awesome at home. They might be a different team on the road.

Us likewise.

Budkin
05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Once we get home this series is going to change dramatically.

peacemaker885
Believe - to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

bdictjames
We didn't just lose two games on the road, we got our ass kicked twice on the road.

Props to the Hornets. They are clearly the better team (so far). It really sucks to lose to a team with Peja (career choker).
Well he's choking pretty good right now. Spurs have no one to counter Paul, West, Peja, or Tyson. That sounds like a blowout to me. :bang

The Hornets have kept the Big Three in check the past 2 games. :ihit

metalzo
05-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Spurs are very much alive. The Hornets did what they were supposed to do defending their homecourt and I fully expect the Spurs to do the same.

bdictjames
Not this team in this Decade..

to old to Slow to unskilled... 3 guys and 9 other guys who are hanging by a thread on Nba Careers..

WORST Spurs Team in 12 years....

I say Pop Resign... Bring In Avery...Get Rid of EVERYBODY but Tim Tony and Manu...Play for the lotter in 09...

REBUILD...
Now this is just taking it too far.

I want an athletic center, with another shooter. Horry will go so there's an extra spot.

1Parker1
Spurs aren't going to fold, but I also don't think they're going to now be able to win 4 of the next 5 against this Hornets team.

bdictjames
05-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Spurs are very much alive. The Hornets did what they were supposed to do defending their homecourt and I fully expect the Spurs to do the same.
Very classy, this Hornets team is the better team in the series.

I'll be pulling for you guys IF you do get past my team.

m33p0
of course. that's why its a seven-game series.

bdictjames
Once we get home this series is going to change dramatically.
I wouldn't be sure about anything right now. Sorry, Im a pessimistic Spurs fan.

gmanrulz
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
u telling me the hornet have more weapons than the suns?

icem
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
if we win both at home, yes... if we split, no

DAF86
05-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Of course, remember how bad things looked in 06 when we're 1-3 down?

Udrihlooms
Very classy, this Hornets team is the better team in the series.

I'll be pulling for you guys IF you do get past my team.

yeah right, some NO fans are classy, but the NO players are just wanna-be-thugs! Fu<k West! Fu<k CP3! The only person i like in the Hornets is their coach.

pooh
It's not that they lost both games, they were whipped, beating soundly. The Spurs will win the next game and probably game four as well, but as 1Parker1 said, don't expect the spurs to go off on a four game winning streak against the Hornets. They have the Spurs number.

TampaDude
05-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Nope...no chance at all...Spurs are getting swept...book it...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
About 20% at this point.

They are just a better team right now. We can't shoot 12/31 and 8/27 (including 2 in garbage time) from 3 and expect to win anything.

Barry needs to play some real time (and get him the ball!), and we need to find a way to slow down Paul because he's doing whatever he wants right now.

I haven't given up, but the Hornets are an EXCELLENT team and what we've seen is no fluke. If they get past us they win the title.

icem

the hornets play defense...

NIH
05-05-2008, 11:41 PM
If the Hornets just win one of the next two this series is OVER.

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Mathematically speaking -- sure, they still have a chance.

Would I put $$ on it? Absolutely not. They're more likely to get swept than win this series.

bdictjames
05-05-2008, 11:42 PM
That should be very obvious to you.

mikekim
05-05-2008, 11:43 PM
If I had to describe the first two games in one word that sums up the performance, attitude, state of mind, and result...

it'd be that word heard all over spurstalk: Rattled

But I remember a certain team in 2004 that rattled the shit out of a Laker team. A young, emerging point guard then was blurring by defenders and wreaking havoc. That team was clicking on all cylinders. That team took the first two games at home.

That series went down the drain in oh...about .4 seconds.

Now quit panicking. The Spurs just need to gear up, show some damn heart, and play some Spurs basketball.

That Laker team did get out of that western conf. semifinal all right, but they choked bad in the finals. But we're the Spurs. We're better than that.

Time to get back to San Antonio and get back this series.

bdictjames
05-05-2008, 11:43 PM
The Spurs play good defense too.

Chris Paul just has too many weapons around him, All-Stars. Fuck

mexicanjunior
05-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Nope, Spurs will be lucky to win 1 at home...I don't see this thing going past NO in the 5th game, they are just the better team...

dbreiden83080
05-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Spurs have played their 2 worst games of the playoffs, they will not play like this back in SA, it is not over

jmard5
05-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I am hoping rest would be the cure. Those guys looked tired and tentative out there!

VoiceofReason
If I had to describe the first two games in one word that sums up the performance, attitude, state of mind, and result...

But I remember a certain team in 2004 that rattled the shit out of a Laker team. A young, emerging point guard then was blurring by defenders and wreaking havoc. That team was clicking on all cylinders. That team took the first two games at home.

Now quit panicking. The Spurs just need to gear up, show some damn heart, and play some Spurs basketball.

That Laker team did get out of that western conf. semifinal all right, but they choked bad in the finals. But we're the Spurs. We're better than that.

:downspin:

Spurs may get a split as did Dallas, but I think the Hornets are hitting on all cylinders right now and will take at least one of the next two.

VinnyTestesVerde

IF being the operative word here.

Jayem
05-05-2008, 11:46 PM
spurs looking old and tired, we have no chance.

cp3 got robbed of mvp.

cly2tw
05-05-2008, 11:46 PM
No. What else is new? ;)

Rogbok
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I will never give up faith and hope in the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
They've clearly got no rhythm and no ability to maintain any momentum. They can win four in a row against this team if they decide to. I don't remember the last really good team game they played. They certainly won't even make it to game five if they have several no-shows per game.

bdictjames
I am hoping rest would be the cure. Those guys looked tired and tentative out there!
I dont think rest would be the cure. I say practice them threes.

Play MM, Barry, and Bonner. :bang

bdictjames
No. What else is new? ;)
Im sorry the first round is already over.

E20
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Yes.

MizzouMerlin
Do they have a chance? Yes.

Will they win? No.

Look, I love these Spurs. Have since I was a little kid. But this New Orleans teams is proving too quick, versatile and well-run. The consensus heading into the series was that the Hornets were more skilled, but people thought the Spurs championship moxie, their ability to mentally destroy teams in close games, would prove the difference. We've seen the Hornets show more desire, mental strength and guts through two games. I just don't see this Spurs team taking it to another level in four of the next five.

I would absolutely love it if they did. I just don't see it happening.

Doctor J
I don't "think".

I do know they will win. Period.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-05-2008, 11:49 PM

Captain Obvious! :rolleyes

And you sig is ghay. :lmao

SPURS50
no!

VinnyTestesVerde

:elephant finally...someone with some BELIEVE in them :elephant

gameFACE
05-05-2008, 11:50 PM
That sounds good when you're up 2-0. When you're down 0-2 - not so good.

Anything is possible and i'm siding on a miracle.

But just in case ...... start warming up the boat.

Budkin
05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't "think".

I do know they will win. Period.

That's how I'm feeling right now, call me crazy.

peskypesky
05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Look, I love these Spurs. Have since I was a little kid. But this New Orleans teams is proving too quick, versatile and well-run. The consensus heading into the series was that the Hornets were more skilled, but people thought the Spurs championship moxie, their ability to mentally destroy teams in close games, would prove the difference. We've seen the Hornets show more desire, mental strength and guts through two games.

could just be home-court advantage, y'know.

daslicer
Spurs just don't match up with them thats the main reason they look terrible out there. I don't think they are a great team much like last year where the Mavs couldn't matchup with the Warriors this feels the same way for the spurs. I do expect New Orleans to get ass raped by the lakers simply becaue they don't matchup that well with them. The Lakers have Odom a long 3 who can check David west and they could put Vladmir on Peja, and Kobe will run wild on anbody they have, plus factor in Gasol will get his without them being able to focus solely on him. The reality is they are not so much a great team other then the fact the spurs are old and the big 3 also look out of sync.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Spurs aren't going to fold, but I also don't think they're going to now be able to win 4 of the next 5 against this Hornets team.

Spurs will win the next three games, close them out in game 7

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I guess the Hornets are THAT much better than us.

They have now blown us off the court FOUR, count em, FOUR times this season.

I see no reason why Games 3 & 4 should be any different.

Series OVER

SenorSpur
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Sure the Spurs have a chance. Will it happen? No. There's been no indication in the previous matchups between these teams (regular season or playoffs) to indicate the Spurs are suddenly going to figure out how to beat this team. The Hornets have dominated them in every possible way during the four Hornet wins (2 reg season, 2 playoffs).

I don't expect there to be an extraordinary dropoff in their play simply because they'll be playing in the AT&T Center. Don't forget, the Hornets gave the Spurs probably their most one-sided home loss of the season earlier this year.

The Hornets are the worst possible matchup for the Spurs. Young, athletic, hungry, quick and defensively solid. The Spurs have met their kriptonite in a team that is just as talented as they are and one that is definitely not afraid of them.

MizzouMerlin
05-06-2008, 12:20 AM
could just be home-court advantage, y'know.

Could be. But we've seen the Hornets blow the Spurs out four different times by more than 20 points. That's Miami Heat bad. Nobody has owned the Spurs that way since the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. This isn't just the Spurs not showing enough effort; it's a sign of a team just being better.

SpursFan0728
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Com on guys...

Believe.

Spurs in 6.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Could be. But we've seen the Hornets blow the Spurs out four different times by more than 20 points. That's Miami Heat bad. Nobody has owned the Spurs that way since the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. This isn't just the Spurs not showing enough effort; it's a sign of a team just being better.

It's the sign of one team playing well with confidence against another team that looks like it's still in a hangover from the Phoenix series. If the Spurs keep sleepwalking they'll get killed, but I'll never believe that this team isn't good enough to beat New Orleans if they decide to.

ransome
05-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Over

rcs15
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
yes, and they will. i am not impressed whatsoever by this no team, spurs are way better.

no is playing way over their head and sa has brought their f games. that will all change starting from game 3.

Danny.Zhu
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
no
we sucks

gmanrulz
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
bump all these threads after game 4 when the series is tied

Homeland Security
05-06-2008, 12:44 AM
I belive the Spurs will beat the Hornets.

I also believe the U.S. will win in Iraq.

TKG
05-06-2008, 12:48 AM
I think they do have a chance, but like everyone else has said, they need to get in the damn game. They look nothing like the Spurs. The Hornets are playing excellent, but that's not all of it, we're choking. Pretend like you want to win and we have a good chance of pulling this off. Keep at the same pace next game and big 3 should just start resting for next year.

Javier Jornet
05-06-2008, 12:49 AM
LMAO @ the Spurs winning the next four out of five, adios bitches!

gmanrulz
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM

true that i mean we down 2-0 losing 2 on the road. Thats neeever happened before ever

brettn
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Of course, remember how bad things looked in 06 when we're 1-3 down?

This is exactly what I've been thinking about.

This team has never given up, and there's no way in hell we'll go quietly. This will be a long series, even if we find a way choke one away at home.

dav4463
05-06-2008, 01:33 AM
If anybody can come back the Spurs can. This team has won four championships and have pulled out nearly impossible wins so many times. How can a real Spur fan ever give up? The fat lady isn't singing yet.

SenorSpur
05-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Now that Manu is gimpy, Tony has been rendered ineffective and Duncan spotty, there are no other consistent performers emerging. As long as it stays like this, the Spurs have little chance at winning the series. Defensive intensity has to pick up and offensive contributions from the bench will be vital.

bigfish22
05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
A series doesn't begin until a home team loses

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:39 AM
When did Manu get "gimpy" again?

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 01:46 AM
"There is no such thing as chance; and what seem to us merest accident springs from the deepest source of destiny"

bdictjames
05-06-2008, 02:02 AM
A series doesn't begin until a home team loses
I guess it will begin when the Spurs are down 0-3.

I thought that was very witty of Charles saying that, but that is just stupid once you think of it.

OnePeat
05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
yes, and they will. i am not impressed whatsoever by this no team, spurs are way better.

no is playing way over their head and sa has brought their f games. that will all change starting from game 3.
N.O. playing over their heads? I guess I would agree if this was an anomaly but this team has performed like this the entire season. There has been no "playoff" gear with this team either. They have literally played this way the entire season.

Look, the Spurs had a hell of a run, but them tires are showing some wear on the threads. You guys need to get younger, longer, and more athletic. The Hornets have too many weapons and more team speed and that is becoming blatantly more and more apparent as the series progresses. I think the Spurs will win one of these next two games, but I don't expect them to take both. Good luck guys, and thanks for cleaning up the Katrina bullshit on here. You guys aren't half bad (even if you did try to steal my football team).

Hang in there, and at the end of the day, you still have four rings. We are still trying to get one...

Emeyin
05-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Chance doesn't look good at the moment.................... I was so mad I had to turn the game off in the 4th quarter.

I remember Spurs down 1-3 but they ended up losing that series so that doesn't comfort me one bit.

beachwood
05-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Yes. We're going to win this series. Somehow, someway.

Nolazach
05-06-2008, 02:51 AM
About 20% at this point.

They are just a better team right now. We can't shoot 12/31 and 8/27 (including 2 in garbage time) from 3 and expect to win anything.

Barry needs to play some real time (and get him the ball!), and we need to find a way to slow down Paul because he's doing whatever he wants right now.

I haven't given up, but the Hornets are an EXCELLENT team and what we've seen is no fluke. If they get past us they win the title.

:yield:

Its the truth.

We won big in San Antonio in the regular season, and so far they haven't looked any better than they did in the regular season.

I still think we will drop at least one in San Antonio, but a :sweep: wouldn't surprise me either.

gasolina
05-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Yes. Your Spurs have yet to play with that familiar CHAMPIONSHIP SWAGGER!!!
Parker has 3. CP has 3 only on his jersey. Sound the war horns now!

sassystriker
05-06-2008, 03:38 AM
YES. I've prayed this one for the Spurs and Manu all year long...

ecksodia
05-06-2008, 04:00 AM
A chance? Definitely. I think that the Spurs do have a chance, if they just play like themselves.

(Of course, this does not, in any way, discredit the Hornets. They played great in the first 2 games.)

Slippy
05-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Hell yah the Spurs are still in this. The big 3 have to step up and lead from the front. The problem is the Hornets are taking it out of their hands. They forcing this Spurs team to live and die with the three which reduces our chances. Pops gotta try something different.

Kibic
05-06-2008, 04:24 AM
I know it sounds stupid and crazy but I believe Spurs-Hornets series could even go from 0:3 to 4:3. I think this is probably the way Spur can beat Hornets. Get into their heads with 0:3, adjust and never look back.

ThePoo
05-06-2008, 04:26 AM
of course yall have a chance...about 6% according to the numbers

TheTruth62987
05-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Hornets play awesome at home. They might be a different team on the road.

Us likewise.

The Hornets play better on the road than they do at home. Homecourt means nothing when you're up 2-0. It's all about confidence, and we've got it all.

florige
05-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Yes. Just remember 05. We were riding high after destroying Detroit the first two games AT HOME. Only to crash land back down to earth violently after the next two in Detroit. Alot of us questioning our Spurs all of the sudden. I have every bit of confidence that we can take the next two and still win this series. Now the blowouts are a bit disheartening, but this would not be the first time in history that a team got blown out the first two games on the road and came back to win the series. Hell we forced a game 7 against the Mavericks two years ago after taking a blowout loss at home. I'm not counting the Spurs out until the number 4 appears beside NO's name.

2slowman
05-06-2008, 08:09 AM
The Spurs can win. I believe and I will always believe.

Shelly
05-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't understand what happens in the 2nd half. We're fine until then. I can't figure out what it is and obviously, neither can the Spurs.

Hopefully being home will help.

George Gervin's Afro
05-06-2008, 08:13 AM
The entire hornets team is hot.. What I am most bothered by is the unforced turnovers and plain dumb decisions.. All three of our big 3 is playing welll below each's capabilities and Mo pete, that the rookie from kansas are playing like all-stars..

karma is on thier side..

nikegirl
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
sadly i dont. :( i hate seeing them lose but i dunno hornets are just clicking on all cylinders right now. how did the spurs beat the hornets twice this season? maybe they should go back to that. im feeling awful but as long as we have duncan, manu and parker we will still be contenders for a few more years. our FO better make this offseason a good one. we need fresh legs!

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
It's over

SenorSpur
05-06-2008, 09:26 AM
The entire hornets team is hot.. What I am most bothered by is the unforced turnovers and plain dumb decisions..

Anytime Manu is pressed or pressured into "doing too much", he tends to make these unexplainable, bone-headed, plays or a rash of costly turnovers.

Those telegraphed passes into the post and the reckless over-dribbling behind his back, when trapped near the sidelines must stop. As one of the key contributors to this team, he simply needs to play smarter.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
You need 4 wins to take a series.....NO has two, they are halfway there but not all the way there. There is still a chance.

1usamotorsports.com
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I am currently asking for trades on my spurs jersey for a hornets . Please pm me if interested .

Hook Dem
05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I am currently asking for trades on my spurs jersey for a hornets . Please pm me if interested .

Now, thats just downright sickening!

1usamotorsports.com
05-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Now, thats just downright sickening!

Im sorry , just keeping it real . Its over .My predictions is hornets vs lakers next . Theres no way the lakers will overcome the hornets . Then hornets vs the east with hornets on top . Hornets play with explosive energy . Hornets make there shots. Manu is getting weak and tony is getting tired . :bang

dbreiden83080
05-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Go Home man up get game 3 and yes we can take this sucker

xtremesteven33
05-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Game 3 -Spurs
Game 4-Spurs
Game 5-Hornets
Game 6-Spurs
Game 7-Spurs

HOPEFULLY

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 11:18 AM

I disagree. Yes, holding home court is what they are supposed to do. Kicking the shit out of the current champions, twice in a row, is not supposed to happen.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't understand what happens in the 2nd half. We're fine until then. I can't figure out what it is and obviously, neither can the Spurs.

Hopefully being home will help.

It's because they are worn out from the first half. They have no legs left to make jump shots or 3s. No energy to push the ball at the Hornets. They are trying to rest coming down the court, which leads to a bad or long shot with the shot clock about to expire.

I think that Phoenix series may have take more out of them, than they are willing to admit.

tmtcsc
05-06-2008, 11:38 AM
YES. It starts Thursday.

Strike
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I can't believe this defeatist attitude I'm seeing from so many Spurs fans. It sickens me.

I admit, the Hornets have simply outplayed the Spurs so far. But this series isn't over. SA just needs to play smarter ball. This settling for jumpers and 3's bullshit needs to stop immediately. They need to pound it inside and show more effort than they've shown thus far. Ginobili needs to calm down and play the game we all know he can play. Parker needs to at least try to penetrate and Duncan needs to fight his way through the double teams. The Spurs have beaten better teams than this so we know it can be done.

I'm taking nothing away from New Orleans. They have played their asses off so far and it shows on the scoreboard. But to say the series is over after 2 games is nothing short of weak. Nut up, Spurs fans! Have some damn faith in your team! It's not over until one team wins FOUR games!!!

Not two, FOUR!!!

If the Hornets take out the Spurs in this series, I'll give them all the credit they deserve. But until that happens, I will continue to believe that the team I've followed for 20 years can beat this Hornets team and move on to the conference finals.

Enough of this defeatist bullshit. Sack up and cheer for the Spurs!

:flag:

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
+1

Dartherus
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
For one-dimensional players like Tony Parker, D like the Hornets' is fatal, cause they can't contribute in other ways than scoring.

Spurs chance could go into giving more plays to people with the highest Basketball IQ on the team, like Tim or Manu, with their intelligence, they can damage more to the Hornetts, than one-dimensional Tony style trying the same over and over and being unable of having top notch court vision.

manufor3
05-06-2008, 12:25 PM
New Orleans just has too many offensive weapons to use. Even Julian Wright goes off at us.

We held West at check, and the Hornets, well they blew the Spurs out again.

I guess we'll have to wait till next year to have that fifth ring. CP3 is just blowing by everyone, too many weapons and he's smart enough to use them successfully. Alley-oop to Chandler, fake pass and layup, find the open three. Always the same scenario.

here's another question- in all honesty, are you really a spurs fan?

WildcardManu
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Props to the Hornets, they defended homecourt, now it's time to take one on the road which i doubt the Spurs will let them.

hater
05-06-2008, 12:31 PM
is this thread for real???

I can guarantee spurs will win game 3. It's all up to how they do in game 4. win it and it's a brand new 3 game series.

of course Spurs have a chance. goddam!

PDXSpursFan
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM
"They did what they're suppose to do - win at home"

Wasn't that what the Suns said after the Spurs won Game 2?

But wait... I forgot to mention what happened next :lol

Seriously, I honestly believe that we have a chance to win the next 2 and tie the series. Then, it will be really tough (but not impossible) to win 2 more.

WildcardManu
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
We just gotta match that energy they come out with or clamp down the D, would help to get some calls by the refs go our way as well.

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
They have a chance to win ... Game 3.

But, really, the Hornets should look at this series as a tune-up for the Lakers. Because that will be a series.

boutons_
05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
"They (Hornets) might be a different team on the road."

"The season doesn't count" (GMAFB) but compare road records:

Spurs 22 - 19
Horns 26 - 15

The Spurs' shitty RR this season concerned me a lot, because the Spurs have been a much better road team than the competition in past years.

This year, Spurs are only 5th best RR in WC, 7th in the League. I stand with my opinion that season RR is very good indicator of team's real (playoff) strength.

Who's next worst RR after Spurs? Warriors. :lol

eg: every team with a better road record than the Spurs made the playoffs.

eg: every playoff team with a worse RR than Spurs has been eliminated, except the Jazz.

Based on my "RR = strength" indicator", the Jazz, with a seriously negative RR, ain't gonna make it past LA with 2nd best leauge RR.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2008&group=league&column=roadWinPercent&order=false&seasontype=2

I still BELIEVE the Spurs can win the series, but only if they win Games3,4 (like the Pistons did in 04 Finals).

Then 2-2, whoever wins Game5, wins the series.

Spurs, or any team, down 0-2 are in very dip sh!t.

Ragin Cajun
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Hornets will SWEEP!

DenialDynasty
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
All of you are stupid. The Hornets just hit like 20 lucky shots. They are a fluke team with a fluke point guard making fluke moves in the lane to shake off three defenders and making fluke defensive rotations to fluke closeout on shooters and grabbing fluke rebounds.

The Spurs are still the best team in the league. If they could get a fair shake from the refs, they would have won both games.

SpursWoman
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I've only seen 1 1/2 games the Spurs have played this post season that even remotely resemble a championship-calibre team. If they continue to play like they have in the last 2 games and at least give themselves a chance, then nope.

TampaDude
05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Hornets will SWEEP!

+1 Spurs have no shot at winning this series...none...

NoMoneyDown
05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
A. I wonder what the feeling would be like if Spurs win G3?

B. I wonder what the feeling would be like if Spurs win G3 by 15+ pts?

C. What if either A or B occurs and the same occurs for G4?

I still think the Spurs have a shot at not only prolonging the series, but winning. However, they MUST win G3 (of course) AND G4. This will remove the "dominance" factor the Hornets are no doubt feeling at the moment, and give the Spurs some hope of winning one on the road.

Oh, Gee!!
05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
meh.

Allanon
05-06-2008, 04:29 PM
"They (Hornets) might be a different team on the road."

Spurs 22 - 19
Horns 26 - 15

The Spurs' shitty RR this season concerned me a lot, because the Spurs have been a much better road team than the competition in past years.

This year, Spurs are only 5th best RR in WC, 7th in the League. I stand with my opinion that season RR is very good indicator of team's real (playoff) strength.

Who's next worst RR after Spurs? Warriors. :lol

eg: every team with a better road record than the Spurs made the playoffs.

eg: every playoff team with a worse RR than Spurs has been eliminated, except the Jazz.
whoever wins Game5, wins the series.

Spurs, or any team, down 0-2 are in very dip sh!t.

+1, Road Record is the real indicator of a team's power. If you further break down the quality of opponents in the road record, you get an even better idea.

eg. The Suns had a 25-16 road record but their 16 losses were mostly to good teams while very few of the 25 road wins were to quality teams. So basically they have an inflated road record by beating a bunch of East teams.

TampaDude
05-06-2008, 04:30 PM
+1, Road Record is the real indicator of a team's power.

That's probably why the Jazz have no rings... :lol

timvp
05-06-2008, 04:32 PM
+1, Road Record is the real indicator of a team's power.Oh really?

Sincerely,

The 21-20 on the road 2005 Spurs

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I think the biggest thing in this series is for the Spurs to obviously control the third quarter. It seems like they've always been able to keep up in quarters 1,2, and 4, but for some reason, coming out of the gate after halftime they are completely flat.

We are losing by double digits, but mostly because of how bad of a beating we are taking prior to the final quarter. I hope the Spurs can come out strong with their home crowd behind them and tie this series up.

saxman
05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Of course they have a chance. A small chance to win the series. However, at this point it is begining to look very improbable.

boutons_
05-06-2008, 07:32 PM
"The 21-20 on the road 2005 Spurs"

"the exception proves the rule."

You found only one, across all top 5,6 teams every year?

This year, it's holding up pretty well, isn't it?

m33p0
05-06-2008, 07:35 PM
until the final buzzer on the spurs' season has sounded, there's always a chance.

The Nba Is Rigged
05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Hornets will FAIL

Ahh, Fixed :toast

DazedAndConfused
05-06-2008, 07:39 PM
To be perfectly blunt, NOH looks like the better team out there. The Spurs WERE trying out there, but no matter how fast they whipped that ball around the Hornet players were right with them every step of the way.

td4mvp21
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Of course we have a chance to win. We're the Spurs, we're going home, and the Hornets still need two more wins to win the series. If we win the next two the series starts all over again. However, do I personally think we are going to actually win the series? No.

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
To be perfectly blunt, NOH looks like the better team out there. The Spurs WERE trying out there, but no matter how fast they whipped that ball around the Hornet players were right with them every step of the way.

I can't disagree with this. But I also think that the Hornets have surged on momentum at times and I wonder if they'll be able to sustain that if they face some real adversity. I don't doubt that the Hornets are a great basketball team and that they are probably more talented than the Spurs are at this point. But experience does bring perspective and I think there are too many guys on the Spurs roster at this point who've been through too many series to think that this is over. It's not going to be easy for the Spurs to flip the momentum, but it can be done. And if there's any team in these playoffs who's capable of creating that flip, it's probably these Spurs. There are a lot of strategic tweaks that must be made and any number of fortunate things that need to go the Spurs' way, but it's happened before and it will happen again.

Why not now?

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
It's over. The Spurs will do well to win a game.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Considering the influx of Hornets fans who were nowhere to be found the entire season, a Spurs comeback and win would be the greatest thing to ever happen to Spurstalk.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:06 PM
It really sucks to lose to a team with Peja (career choker).

Thankfully, the series is not yet over. In fact, if you think about it, its setting up to become yet another major Peja choke job, especially if the Spurs win four straight.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:11 PM

Until your team actually, FINALLY does something of real merit, you might want to tone down the boastfulness. Yes, its cute winning a division crown and a playoff series for the first time in your franchise's history, but let this play out first. After all, the Hornets are in unchartered waters.

:flag:

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
They've clearly got no rhythm and no ability to maintain any momentum. They can win four in a row against this team if they decide to. I don't remember the last really good team game they played. They certainly won't even make it to game five if they have several no-shows per game.

Probably Game 3 against Phoenix, but I see your point. They're due for some serious team performance.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Probably Game 3 against Phoenix, but I see your point. They're due for some serious team performance.

I thought they hit a lot of jump shots they don't normally make, which is kind of fool's gold, but maybe I got it mixed up with another game. They did play 48 minutes that night, which was the only time they did that since the Utah game, and they haven't done it again since.

gmanrulz
05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
bump all these threads after game 4 when the series is tied

bump

ecksodia
05-11-2008, 10:17 PM
So what's new?

td4mvp21
05-11-2008, 10:19 PM
The chance got better. I hope the Spurs take advantage of it :smokin

remingtonbo2001
05-11-2008, 10:26 PM
"The 21-20 on the road 2005 Spurs"

"the exception proves the rule."

You found only one, across all top 5,6 teams every year?

This year, it's holding up pretty well, isn't it?

Go look at Boston's road record during the regular season and compare it with their first two series.

Don Quixote
05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Well, I'll have to admit that my pessimism after Game 2 seems like it was largely unfounded! The Silver & Black have turned in two outstanding games and go back to New Orleans tied.

I don't mind being wrong in these cases!

Here's to the Good Guys opening a can Tuesday night!

gmanrulz
05-20-2008, 02:31 AM

lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 02:39 AM
A Series doesn't begin until' the hometeam loses

The SA-NOH series has officially begun!

Are you guys ready?

Il Caraibico
05-20-2008, 06:29 AM
:lol

awktalk
05-20-2008, 06:31 AM
The SA-NOH series has officially begun!