PDA

View Full Version : Give the Hornets props

DarrinS
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
They kicked the Spurs' ass back-to-back. I haven't seen the Spurs play them well all season long. If nothing changes, the Hornets will win in 5 or 6.

If so, good luck to the Hornets against the Lakers in the WCF.

The regular season is starting to make sense to me now:

1. Lakers
2. Hornets

Right now, the Hornets are better coached, more athletic, better shooters, better DEFENDERS, (should I continue?)

Budkin
05-05-2008, 11:50 PM
They are outplaying us but there is no way in hell I will say Byron Scott is a better coach than Pop. Let's see him win 4 rings first.

cp3 4 mvp
05-05-2008, 11:51 PM
They are outplaying us but there is no way in hell I will say Byron Scott is a better coach than Pop. Let's see him win 4 rings first.

just wait 4 years and he will have them.

King Ju I
05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Classy thread man. Game 3 is San Antonio could be a totally different story on Thursday. I appreciate the honesty though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
They were my pick for our toughest opponent going into the playoffs based on their regular season demolitions of our team, and they have come through and proven me right so far unfortunately.

I actually like them a whole lot, and it's a very well constructed/balanced team. That Paul wasn't MVP is a travesty. Glad I have West in my DL2 team.

Having said that, GO SPURS GO!!! (fingers crossed)

Darcus
05-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, it feels good that someone is recognizing us for once.

Budkin
05-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, it feels good that someone is recognizing us for once.

I'm rooting for you all the way if you beat us. It's nice to play against a team that I don't despise for once (Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Lakers).

G-Nob
05-05-2008, 11:56 PM

Oh, I believe they're already planning your national tv schedule next year.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Their defense is tremendous, forced lots of turnovers. Then you got both outside shooting from the role guys and penetration, inside game from CP and the bigs... man i hate that we're playing the Hornets. Probably one of the most complete teams right now.

I still dont' think if you guys beat us, you'll be able to take on the Lakers ...which is most likely the team who'll advance.

(Jazz of course, still have a chance :lmao) .

Banzai
05-06-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm rooting for you all the way if you beat us. It's nice to play against a team that I don't despise for once (Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Lakers).

give the lakers some love...:lol

BlackFlagg
05-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Right now, the Hornets are better coached, more athletic, better shooters, better DEFENDERS, (should I continue?)

Yep. All except for the better coached part. I think Pop's done/doing great as always. We're just psyched out, and why not?

mikekim
05-06-2008, 12:02 AM
I give the Hornets all the props in the world. But that team in black out there was not the San Antonio Spurs. Sure, a lot of it had to do with how well NO played. But that was still not the Spurs.

I hope the Spurs wake up soon and show up. I could handle being beat by this New Orleans team. What I can't handles is laying down and being a shell of ourselves out there while doing it. Lay it all out there. Coach the shit out of the game. Play the hell out of the game. Just don't fuckin' lay down.

But yes, the Hornets are legit. It's about time the Spurs play like they're aware of this fact.

ElNono
05-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I'll be the first one in line to eat the crow.
Completely outplayed us back to back. I'm a Spurs fan, and I won't be giving up on my team until the end, but gotta hand it to them Hornets.

DAF86
Props.

BlackFlagg

Hey, if y'all advance, I'll be rooting for the Hornets to KICK SOME ASS. You guys have heart.

peskypesky
Props to the Hornets for sure. They played great. And Byron Scott's coaching has been brilliant.

But I still think all NO did was hold serve.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Props to the Hornets. They are as much of a mismatch as I thought they would be. The Spurs need to make some adjustments and make this a fight.

BlackFlagg
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
that team in black out there was not the San Antonio Spurs.

Sure wasn't. WTF?? Psyched out. It's crazy.

cp3 4 mvp
05-06-2008, 12:26 AM
finally, im glad to see some people to talk reasonable basketball too. we should actually keep this thread only to serious basketball talk.

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Way to man up.

Septic
05-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Good job Hornets, can't believe you had enough buses to get everyone to the arena, congrats!

Javier Jornet
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
We rode mexican style to the arena!

Darcus
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Good job Hornets, can't believe you had enough buses to get everyone to the arena, congrats!

And it starts...

BlackFlagg
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
And it starts...

Never underestimate that dick factor...

Septic
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Props to...

Heineken for having an outstanding marketing team to show 3 billion commercials to their number 1 customers.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11542008/Heineken_Beer.jpg

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 12:58 AM
I give major props to them. They are outplaying and outhustling the Spurs. They simply want it more. Spurs look old and tired. :(

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 01:00 AM
NO is a very good team. No shame in losing to a better team, but I want the Spurs to play their best. However, I'm afraid NO's has something to do with how poorly the spurs have played.

hive_attack
05-06-2008, 01:23 AM
NO is a very good team. No shame in losing to a better team, but I want the Spurs to play their best. However, I'm afraid NO's has something to do with how poorly the spurs have played.
Yep you are a smart one. The Hornets have a great chemistry of offense and defense. We are peaking at the right time. On to the Lakers.

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Yep you are a smart one. The Hornets have a great chemistry of offense and defense. We are peaking at the right time. On to the Lakers.

Well you are not thats smart. This series is far from over. I woudn't look ahead to the Lakes just yet

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 01:27 AM

don't get too happy though. Spurs will make this a lot closer than you think.

metalzo
05-06-2008, 01:27 AM

That's quite presumptuous. The Spurs aren't going to just lay down and die on their home floor. This is going to be a tough series. The Spurs and their fans may have underestimated us going into this series...don't make the same mistake.

atxrocker
05-06-2008, 01:33 AM
this thread is a great read. never any shame in losing to the better team. good sportsmanship has been shown here. the spurs run has been very impressive indeed. i'm rooting for the hornets to go all the way.

BlackFlagg
05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
That's quite presumptuous. The Spurs aren't going to just lay down and die on their home floor.

Fact.

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 01:39 AM
I will say this, if the spurs do lose, at least it will be in a convincgly manner. Not by a fluke Ginobili foul, or a shot with .04 seconds left.

hive_attack
05-06-2008, 01:44 AM
I will say this, if the spurs do lose, at least it will be in a convincgly manner. Not by a fluke Ginobili foul, or a shot with .04 seconds left.
We'll make sure it isn't by luck that you lose. ;)

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 01:56 AM
We'll make sure it isn't by luck that you lose. ;)

well it will be much easier to swallow that way if we lose.

Vegas Vince
05-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm pleased with how the Hornets are playing so far. That said, all they've done is hold serve at home, which is what you're supposed to do. Now, if they're able to win a game in SA, I'll start to feel very good about their chances. Everyone knows that the Spurs will throw everything they have at them Thursday night. If the Hornets take their best shots early and are in the game at halftime, I think they have a great chance to win. However, if the Spurs get up big early, it'll likely get ugly.

degenerate_gambler
05-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Props to the Hornets. They are as much of a mismatch as I thought they would be. The Spurs need to make some adjustments and make this a fight.

There really aren't very many adjustments to be made.

It's all about the matchups at this level...and confidence. This Spurs team does not match up well at all with New Orleans and they know it.

But as streaky cold as SA can be at times, if they can just start knocking down some outside shots consistently, that will boost their confidence and they get this thing turned around.

SA holds serve at the AT&T and makes this a best of 3 series?? Then we'll see what NO is made of.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM

Oh, geez, I forgot about the rings!!! Why is it always "the rings" when the Spurs are getting their asses handed to them?

Who says America isn't being dumbed down?

FUML
05-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Not a train wreck. :thumbsup:

Budkin
05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
this thread is a great read. never any shame in losing to the better team. good sportsmanship has been shown here. the spurs run has been very impressive indeed. i'm rooting for the hornets to go all the way.

I'll be rooting for them as well should they beat us but that is far from happening.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
That's quite presumptuous. The Spurs aren't going to just lay down and die on their home floor. This is going to be a tough series. The Spurs and their fans may have underestimated us going into this series...don't make the same mistake.

I think you are half right, some fans may have but I doubt the Spurs have, they don't do that, they are too well coached. I don't think its a matter of underestimation, its better play by the Hornets, pure and simple.

Man of Steel
05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Major props.

If we lose to the Hornets--hope they stomp on the Lickers.

SRJ
05-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I give their team all the credit in the world - they play hard D, they're athletic, and they play with a ton of energy. If they finish us off, I hope they crush the goddamn Lakers.

However:

I really wish Chris Paul and David West would conduct themselves better. I'm sick of David West clapping in people's faces in a taunting manner. I'm sick of Chris Paul trying to start shit on practically every play. He collides with someone, crashes to the ground, and then looks like he's ready to kill someone. Spare me that bullshit. What he tried to pull in game one on Bruce Bowen was utterly ridiculous and I'm surprised no flagrant or tech was called on Bruce for it.

You want to be champions - act like it.

Kermit
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Props to the Hornets, their noisy ass fans and to Commander's Palace for making the best desert known to the universe. Oh, and to that stipper Harmony at Rick's on Bourbon who stole $200 from me on my bachelor party, stop grabbing people's faces and shoving them into your vagina. It stinks. Other than that bitch, New Orleans kicks ass.

SenorSpur
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Props to the Hornets. However keep in mind, they didn't just start kicking the Spurs ass in the playoffs. They registered two major blowout wins during the season - one on at the AT&T Center. That game was virtually over by halftime as the Spurs never challenged.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:33 PM
They kicked the Spurs' ass back-to-back. I haven't seen the Spurs play them well all season long. If nothing changes, the Hornets will win in 5 or 6.

If so, good luck to the Hornets against the Lakers in the WCF.

The regular season is starting to make sense to me now:

1. Lakers
2. Hornets

I won't give them props until the season is over. WTF is up with this quitting attitude, Darrin? I appreciate your contributions here, but let's wait until the Hornets actually win four...if they win four.

GinobiliLooms
05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
fuck the hornets. I am very disappointed in a lot of you Spurs fans.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Actually, Darrin, I give the Hornets the f-ing double finger. And if I were in San Antonio as I will be during the Finals, if the Spurs make it there, I'd be at the AT&T Center booing the shit out of New Orleans every possession on Thursday and Sunday nights.

GinobiliLooms
05-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Actually, Darrin, I give the Hornets the f-ing double finger. And if I were in San Antonio as I will be during the Finals, if the Spurs make it there, I'd be at the AT&T Center booing the shit out of New Orleans every possession on Thursday and Sunday nights.

Finally someone talking some sense.

lefty
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Props to the Hornets for trying.

Gone fishing soon

GinobiliLooms
05-06-2008, 08:40 PM
The hornets running up the score is classless. They were still launching threes while up by 15+ with under a minute to go in the game. Fuck that team. Fuck Chris Paul, David West, Peja Stojakovic, Byron Scott. Fuck all of them. They are classless, hot headed, cocky motherfuckers who don't get one ounce of my respect.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Let's see the Hornets win 4 games first.
Fixed.

hive_attack
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
The hornets running up the score is classless. They were still launching threes while up by 15+ with under a minute to go in the game. Fuck that team. Fuck Chris Paul, David West, Peja Stojakovic, Byron Scott. Fuck all of them. They are classless, hot headed, cocky motherfuckers who don't get one ounce of my respect.
Sounds like you are the classless one. Coaches are paranoid. The Spurs could easily come back with another heroic Ginobili effort.

GinobiliLooms
05-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds like you are the classless one. Coaches are paranoid. The Spurs could easily come back with another heroic Ginobili effort.

with 45 seconds left? down by 19? rightttt.

get real.

Gregg Popovich benches players for entire seasons for the kind of shit the hornets were doing.

Strike
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM

:lmao

In 4 years, Scott MAY have ONE ring as a coach.

21_Blessings
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Byron is outcoaching the fuck out of Pop. It's funny

td4mvp21
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM

Agreed. Except I don't find it very funny :lol

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh, geez, I forgot about the rings!!! Why is it always "the rings" when the Spurs are getting their asses handed to them?

Who says America isn't being dumbed down?

Post of the day +1

bobbyjoe
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM

How is it funny?

I'm not even sure if it's true in the first place. But Scott is a darn good Coach. This is not like getting outcoached by Avery Johnson or some overrated, in over his head Coach.

SRJ
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
You know, the winning coach isn't always outcoaching the losing coach. Sometimes both coaches are coaching their usual game and one team is just playing better.

urunobili
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
They were my pick for our toughest opponent going into the playoffs based on their regular season demolitions of our team, and they have come through and proven me right so far unfortunately.

I actually like them a whole lot, and it's a very well constructed/balanced team. That Paul wasn't MVP is a travesty. Glad I have West in my DL2 team.

Having said that, GO SPURS GO!!! (fingers crossed)

+1

Sasha
05-06-2008, 09:54 PM

Four rings in four years? Please.You just proved what a newbie you are. :rolleyes

21_Blessings
05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
How is it funny?

I'm not even sure if it's true in the first place. But Scott is a darn good Coach. This is not like getting outcoached by Avery Johnson or some overrated, in over his head Coach.

It's funny because Scott is destroying Pop. Watching the Spurs fail is always funny

Sasha
05-06-2008, 10:02 PM

What he said. It ain't over til it's over - and it sure as hell ain't over!:ihit

Danny.Zhu
05-06-2008, 10:36 PM
NO is a great team. After all, they can beat Mavericks in 5 games. So, I think we will be lucky if we can make it to the 6th game.

INS
05-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah fuck Chris Paul, he's such a thug. Fucking thug always goes bowling and is always not out partying and shit. Damn he is a straight gangster they shouldn't show him on tv.

cp3 4 mvp
05-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Four rings in four years? Please.You just proved what a newbie you are. :rolleyes

I dont think im a newbie and i meant what i said. Byron Scott is a very good coach and we do have the possibility to do it with our core of chandler paul west and peja locked up for 5 years.

SRJ
05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah fuck Chris Paul, he's such a thug. Fucking thug always goes bowling and is always not out partying and shit. Damn he is a straight gangster they shouldn't show him on tv.

NO fan answering an accusation no Spur fan made. There is a difference between "weak-ass bush league tactics" and "thuggish behavior". Conrad Dobler used to play football there - you really ought to know the difference.

Watching the Spurs fail is always funny

You don't get to laugh much, do you?

kace
05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
What ? Props for what ? is the serie over ?

is it still a spurs forum ? we're down 2. we need to kick their asses not to praise them.

They're good. no doubt about it. so what ? it's the PO. we're supposed to give up and give props as soon as we meet some good opponents.

CP3 is a great player. But in this serie, he's behaved like an asshole. he's disrespecting us with all his arrogant looks at bowen and he's not the only one. he shouldn't need that.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost. NO is a tremendous team.

but right now they're kicking our asses. and the appropriate reactions would be anger, rebellion, tenacity and retaliation. at least hope as fans.

We're not done yet. nothing personal against NO. but right now:
Fuck the Hornets !!!! :flipoff ................... Go Spurs Go :lobt:

The_Worlds_finest
05-07-2008, 04:06 PM
How the tune of this thread will change when the spurs are up 3-2!

Kermit
05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
It's funny because Scott is destroying Pop. Watching the Spurs fail is always funny

You know when failure is funny?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/kobeinside.jpg

Jon1798
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM

lol, I'm sure they are very upset not to have your respect. I guess we ignore the fact that our backups were in, we held the ball to the last second of the shot clock, and running up the score didn't even cross the mind of one Spur nor media members.

PS- The Hornets ran up the score in the third quarter, if that's what you mean, then by all means, you are correct.

rayray2k8
05-07-2008, 04:40 PM
What ? Props for what ? is the serie over ?

is it still a spurs forum ? we're down 2. we need to kick their asses not to praise them.

They're good. no doubt about it. so what ? it's the PO. we're supposed to give up and give props as soon as we meet some good opponents.

CP3 is a great player. But in this serie, he's behaved like an asshole. he's disrespecting us with all his arrogant looks at bowen and he's not the only one. he shouldn't need that.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost. NO is a tremendous team.

but right now they're kicking our asses. and the appropriate reactions would be anger, rebellion, tenacity and retaliation. at least hope as fans.

We're not done yet. nothing personal against NO. but right now:
Fuck the Hornets !!!! :flipoff ................... Go Spurs Go :lobt:

I agree on somethings.
But this series is not finished.
The spurs are playing at home and I'm hoping the spurs do put up a better
fight for the sake of all NBA fans.

IF the spurs tie the series and hold home court as did N.O did, then
I really dont want to hear those who have given up and say "I knew the spurs
had it in them"....

In this past 10 years of watching spurs basketball, you can be certain that ANYTHING can happen.
The hornets are young and well coached, but even Byron Scott still believes that the spurs can make it a best of 3 series..
Why do you think he keeps preaching to his team about playoff experience, constantly praise of the Spurs?
Because it isnt over till it's OVER!
(It's sad to think that he has more faith in our team, then some of our fans...)

This is no different from 2006 where the spurs went down 3-1 against the Mavricks.

People thought the series was over, but the spurs came back to tie the series, hell they even went down by 20 before the half in game 7, but they came back.
Yes, the spurs did lose that series, but they comeback from the 3-1 hole and the 20 pt hole.
I gave full props to dallas, but this was AFTER the series was over.
Of course we all know how Dallas turned out that year :p:

I'm sure this thread will be bumped if San Antonio is eliminated.
I'll be here the night that happens, but till then, I still believe in my team.

Call me hopeless, but I am as a Spurs fan: our team's went through a lot of shit to win championships.
Yes, it would be disappointing if we lost, but as long as I know my team tried, then I'm fine with it. :)

A LITTLE EFFORT GUYS!! :lol