PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Got This

timvp
05-05-2008, 11:51 PM
This is when championship experience kicks in. Get one home win, get the young team thinking and start rolling. All the Spurs need is one win and then this will be a series again.

Byron Scott is daring the shooters to win the series. Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry and Michael Finley will make them pay from beyond the three-point line. Ginobili and Tony Parker won't have horrible games at the same time. Once the others start hitting, that will open things up for Duncan.

Defensively, Bowen can take Peja out of this series. Kurt Thomas showed how to handle David West. Parker can use his speed against Chris Paul. Duncan can do a better job of closing down the middle.

Get one win and get the free wheeling Hornets on their heels.

Championships aren't easy.

Believe.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I wish I could see all the candy and rainbows you are...this is 2001 all over again...

Rogbok
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm with ya. The Hornets deserve their props for the first 2 games, but the Spurs can easily get back in this. Tim had his off game in game 1 and now Tony and Manu for the most part had their off game in game 2.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
This is when championship experience kicks in. Get one home win, get the young team thinking and start rolling. All the Spurs need is one win and then this will be a series again.

Byron Scott is daring the shooters to win the series. Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry and Michael Finley will make them pay from beyond the three-point line. Ginobili and Tony Parker won't have horrible games at the same time. Once the others start hitting, that will open things up for Duncan.

Defensively, Bowen can take Peja out of this series. Kurt Thomas showed how to handle David West. Parker can use his speed against Chris Paul. Duncan can do a better job of closing down the middle.

Believe.

:flag: :clap

peskypesky
05-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Spurs can do this. Home-court is next.

But I really do think Pop needs to make some adjustments. Start Manu, put Bowen on Peja, let Tony guard CP3. At least try it for a quarter.

SPARKY
05-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Believe.

Maybe Newman and Mike Bud need to have an intervention with Pop, hosted by The Coyote. You know the Coyote is pissed off in his den right now at Pop's stubborness with the defensive assignments.

Anyways, Spurs hold serve and the Hornets just lost two in a row.

G-Nob
05-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Believe in 2 days of solid rest.

DAF86
05-05-2008, 11:58 PM
What people think 'bout playing Bonner to have an extra shooter on the floor?

anjlbitz
Tim, Tony and Manu have all laid their "eggs" for this series.

It's time to bounce back!

Go Spurs Go!!

pooh
Spurs will take game three, without a doubt. Game four and five? who knows?

dbreiden83080

Believe.

I beat ya to a Believe thread. :toast

and i still do we played so bad in NO but we are heading home. Spurs have so much pride they will play their asses off for game 3 and then we are back in it.

2easy
05-05-2008, 11:59 PM

Believe.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

VoiceofReason
05-05-2008, 11:59 PM
So some of you are still talking about the young inexperienced team, eh? I thought that would cost the Hornets one game or both in N.O. The Hornets may lose one in S.A., but it will have nothing to do with getting inside their heads or any of that nonsense. You'll see.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 12:00 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You need 4 to win you bandwagoning little bitch.

Warlord23
What scares me is what is going on in Pop's mind now. Does he realize how badly the defensive cross-matches have hurt us? One would think 1 ass-whooping would be enough to figure that out, but we've seen 2 consecutive brain-farts.

I don't underestimate the will of Timmy and the gang, but Pop is making this a whole lot more difficult than it should be.

With that, I still believe. Someone needs to get this through Pop's head in the next 2 days.

baseline bum
WTF is with scrapping a defense that won us 3 of the last 5 titles? Did Pop learn nothing from 06?

Phil Hellmuth
A series doesn't start until a home team loses a game.

bdictjames
05-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Fuck experience. Experience is what's killing us right now, the Spurs are thinking too much.

Obstructed_View
I wish I could see all the candy and rainbows you are...this is 2001 all over again...

The second leading scorer for the Spurs is injured? When did this happen?

E20
It ain't over until the buzzer of the last game. Spurs can win this shit.

lefty

:rolleyes

peacemaker885
Dood! Timvp, you are the man! SPURS GO!!!!

Tigole Bitties
Doubt the Spurs will get swept, but it's never looking good down 0-2.

I don't know what adjustments they can make defensively -- they've given up triple digits in both losses. When Peja, MoPete, CP3, and Julian Fucking Wright are all raining threes on our asses, the shit has hit the fan.

Not to mention that the offense just hasn't clicked. NO's done a good job closing out on all the shooters. Who's going to provide that spark off the bench?

duncan228
Thanks for the calming voice timvp. Always appreciated. This board is hard after any loss, down 2-0 in the second round makes it harder.
I believe in this team, I believe in Duncan. I always have.

redskinfan
05-06-2008, 12:02 AM
THEY NEED TO STOP THIS GUY FROM PENETRATING...

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/bios/carlton/carlton4.jpg

Medvedenko
Looks pretty gloomy in Spur land....what are the odds of being down 2-0 in the playoffs. The winning team wins 94% of the time. The lakers did come back on the spurs once....

MI21
100% with you timvp.

This team has earnt enough trust from me over the years for me not to get to disheartened. While they are down 2-0, I still have a decent feeling about this series. All it takes is a Game 3 win. 2-1 heading into Game 4 in San Antonio, no fucking way the Hornets are heading back up 3-1. I truly think this series will come down to Game 5.

King Ju I
Spurs are not gonna curl up and die but theyve never come back from 2-0 down before.... We'll see though. Im just saying.

polandprzem
05-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow, a shorter version of '21 reasons to believe' thread

Spurs now facing the impossibility

gospursgojas
I seriously think the Spurs learned all they need to know in these 2 games.

They learned David West is a threat.

They learned Byron Scott is going to double the hell out of Tim.

They learned that Tony might, just might be able to stay if front of Paul.

timvp
WTF is with scrapping a defense that won us 3 of the last 5 titles? Did Pop learn nothing from 06?Pop did this same defense last year and the Spurs won the championship. Bowen on Deron Williams didn't really work but the Jazz couldn't make the Spurs pay because Parker could guard Fisher and Ginobili could guard Kirilenko. Now the Hornets can make the Spurs pay for going with this gimmick defense.

Before the series, what I was most worried with was Pop putting Bowen on CP3. This is why. It fits into Pop's recent pattern but it's fvcking stupid against the Hornets :bang

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM

:lmao :lmao

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
You're crazy.

I appreciate the pep talk you're trying to give Silver & Black Nation, but we may as well get the fork ready.

MI21
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Also people, this Spurs team has shown it can come back from being down 2 games. I know they didn't end up beating the Mavericks, but without Manu's foul...

This is the Spurs people. They are good. Very good. They aren't going to roll over and die, there will be no 20pt leads for New Orleans in San Antonio.

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
The difference in this series is that the best player on the court happens to be on the Hornets team. CP3 is litterally willing this Hornets team to victory. When he's playing aggresively, I don't think there's anyone on the Spurs team that can even attempt to stop him. Likewise, you can't count on David West continuing to have such an off shooting night like he did tonight. Sure KT did good defense on him, but West like Paul has the ability to take his game up another notch.

Meanwhile, the Spurs big 3 have looked average at best. Finley looks like he's 80 years old, Udoka's playoff inexperience is more evident than Mo Peterson's, and Brent Barry only attempts shots when it's garbage time.

Spurs need for Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili to be the best players on the court to counter Chris Paul's effectiveness.

honestfool84
05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
believe.

Ragin Cajun
05-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Stick a Spork in the Spurs!

ATXSPUR
May I please have what you are having? and make it a double...it's gonna be a long week...

2easy
Also people, this Spurs team has shown it can come back from being down 2 games. I know they didn't end up beating the Mavericks, but without Manu's foul...

This is the Spurs people. They are good. Very good. They aren't going to roll over and die, there will be no 20pt leads for New Orleans in San Antonio.

Ummmm...didnt the Hornets beat the Spurs by an avg. of 24 points IN S.A. during the regular season?

Don Quixote
Yep. It's over!

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Its not a matter of Spurs fans believing at this time, its a matter of the Spurs themselves believing. The team I've seen for 2 games in this series has looked lost and fucking SCARED. As good as they were in round 1 they've been that bad in round 2.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Unless Pop remembers what won this team a couple of rings defensively, this thing's over.

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 12:12 AM
the hornets have proved time and time again that teams can go on runs, or they can beat up on the hornets. but the next time out the hornets will come out and repay the team what they deserve. notice the dallas series.

Budkin

Believe.

I'm totally on board. This is the year we play the role of the 2004 Lakers and how they came back against us when it looked like they had no answers.

johngateswhiteley

Believe.

i agree. and people can say what they want about the Hornets, but the Spurs have not played well...they just haven't.

MI21
Ummmm...didnt the Hornets beat the Spurs by an avg. of 24 points IN S.A. during the regular season?

Yeah, Phoenix beat the Spurs there easily to. Things happen in the regular season.

It won't happen in the playoffs. Your boys might win, but there will not be any blowouts.

Budkin

They only beat us once there. There was no average.

Bgwizzlefoshizzle
GO SPURS! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94319)

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Its not a matter of Spurs fans believing at this time, its a matter of the Spurs themselves believing. The team I've seen for 2 games in this series has looked lost and fucking SCARED. As good as they were in round 1 they've been that bad in round 2.

Seriously. And I don't even mind the scoring droughts so much as the horrendous defense.

I refuse to believe that this Hornets team is a tougher matchup for the Spurs than the Suns were in the first round.

timvp
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Its not a matter of Spurs fans believing at this time, its a matter of the Spurs themselves believing. The team I've seen for 2 games in this series has looked lost and fucking SCARED. As good as they were in round 1 they've been that bad in round 2.I don't see scared out of the Spurs. They are standing up and not letting themselves get pushed around by the Hornets. They've matched the physicality.

Scared doesn't have anything to do with letting Peja get 20+ trash points per game. The Spurs shooters aren't scared -- they've been in much bigger situations and have performed.

The Hornets game plan is working and the Pop's game plan has been outed as ineffective and counterproductive. I don't see where scared fits in the equation.

DubMcDub
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm not saying the Spurs aren't a better team than the Mavs were this year, because they certainly are, and with the championship acumen....but this is exactly what we were saying after being down 0-2. Then, we won Game 3, but it didn't plant any doubt whatsoever.

Point being--if you're hinging your hopes on the Hornets doubting themselves when (if?) you win Game 3, don't even bother. It's not going to happen. Spurs aren't going to win this series on account of mental pressure. They're going to have to go out there and play better basketball than the Hornets 4 times.

brettn
05-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Believe

This is what it's all about. We'll reset this series at home.

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:20 AM
The only way I'll believe is if I see something, anything from Ginobili. Considering the successful regular season he's had, I expected him to dominate these playoffs. Aside from Games 1 and 2 against the Suns, he's basically been average. He isn't bringing the same type of energy and hustle that we've grown accustomed to. I know he's injured, but he sure doesn't look like it on the court. He looks out of sync for some reason.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm not saying the Spurs aren't a better team than the Mavs were this year, because they certainly are, and with the championship acumen....but this is exactly what we were saying after being down 0-2. Then, we won Game 3, but it didn't plant any doubt whatsoever.

Point being--if you're hinging your hopes on the Hornets doubting themselves when (if?) you win Game 3, don't even bother. It's not going to happen. Spurs aren't going to win this series on account of mental pressure. They're going to have to go out there and play better basketball than the Hornets 4 times.

Well said. They've been remarkably resiliant this year. After four straight poundings of the Spurs, all with the big runs taking place in the second half, it's difficult to explain away their killer instinct. Their whole "we don't get no respect" thing could conceivably backfire on them, but it would take a monster effort by a championship squad to do it. Maybe one of those will show up in this series.

timvp
05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
The only way I'll believe is if I see something, anything from Ginobili. Considering the successful regular season he's had, I expected him to dominate these playoffs. Aside from Games 1 and 2 against the Suns, he's basically been average. He isn't bringing the same type of energy and hustle that we've grown accustomed to. I know he's injured, but he sure doesn't look like it on the court. He looks out of sync for some reason.The Spurs need to flush all their excuses. Ginobili is fine. A sprained ankle doesn't make him throw stupid azz passes that ignite the Hornets' fast break. A cold doesn't stop Duncan from rebounding. Whatever the excuse is for Parker doesn't stop him from scoring the basketball.

The Big Three need to step up and no excuses and insinuating excuses anymore.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't see scared out of the Spurs. They are standing up and not letting themselves get pushed around by the Hornets. They've matched the physicality.

Scared doesn't have anything to do with letting Peja get 20+ trash points per game. The Spurs shooters aren't scared -- they've been in much bigger situations and have performed.

The Hornets game plan is working and the Pop's game plan has been outed as ineffective and counterproductive. I don't see where scared fits in the equation.

I'd be suprised if you think that after you review the tape. They were pumpfaking and passing up open shots all game. You can't drive into the a defense that is packing four players into the lane on every drive - you have to hit hte jumpers to kill them for that - but the Spurs simply pump faked themselves and the shot cloth to death.

They were all scared to shoot.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 12:26 AM
After Game 5 of the 2005 NBA Finals, this shit isn't over, it's just begun.

DubMcDub
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Well said. They've been remarkably resiliant this year. After four straight poundings of the Spurs, all with the big runs taking place in the second half, it's difficult to explain away their killer instinct. Their whole "we don't get no respect" thing could conceivably backfire on them, but it would take a monster effort by a championship squad to do it. Maybe one of those will show up in this series.

Agreed. And I do fully expect that this will be a series yet--6 or 7 games, no doubt. But it's not going to be because the Hornets suddenly start thinking they can't beat the Spurs. Scott and CP3 have these guys thinking they can beat anybody, and that's not going to change.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I'd be suprised if you think that after you review the tape. They were pumpfaking and passing up open shots all game. You can't drive into the a defense that is packing four players into the lane on every drive - you have to hit hte jumpers to kill them for that - but the Spurs simply pump faked themselves and the shot cloth to death.

The Hornets did a surprisingly good job of closing out as well, but you're right. I wouldn't mind a couple of blocked shots if they'd just decide to make the doublers pay.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 12:28 AM

I did see a little of that tonight. Bowen on Predrag and let it fly in game 3.

rcs15
05-06-2008, 12:28 AM
spurs will win the next 4. pop was just feeling this team out, spurs will roll from here on out.

first two games were mostly a fluke and huge luck.

DubMcDub
05-06-2008, 12:30 AM
spurs will win the next 4. pop was just feeling this team out, spurs will roll from here on out.

first two games were mostly a fluke and huge luck.

Shit like this is just so unbelievably ignorant.

duncan228
05-06-2008, 12:30 AM
The Spurs need to flush all their excuses.

Pop and Duncan went the no excuse route in their post game press conferences.
When asked about Duncan being sick Saturday Pop said "We're fine. We're healthy."
When asked the same question Duncan said "I'm fine."

I bet whoever told the TNT crew that Duncan was sick is going to hear it. :lol

timvp
05-06-2008, 12:31 AM

They were all scared to shoot.I saw more confused than scared. It looked like they were all trying to "do the right thing" and look for Duncan or penetrate the ball. I just can't buy that their hesitation was due to being intimidated by the situation.

itzsoweezee
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
this team just isn't in it mentally. there's no other explanation for missing WIDE OPEN shots like that.

Horry For 3!
Hornets took care of homecourt through first 2 games. Now it is time for the Spurs to take care of homecourt in games 3 and 4.

1Parker1

Yes, they definitely were. How many times did we see Ginobili pumpfake a 3? Or Bowen pumpfake from 3 point line and drive in for a midrange shot he missed badly? Brent Barry got most of his points in garbage time. He has to understand that when he's in the game, he needs to shoot the ball. He's certainly not in the game for his defense.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I saw more confused than scared. It looked like they were all trying to "do the right thing" and look for Duncan or penetrate the ball. I just can't buy that their hesitation was due to being intimidated by the situation.

So much for the team remembering the one thing Pop has been telling them all year long. It might as well be on the logo at half court. The whole season has been in perparation for this series where there are so many guys so wide open, and they aren't doing it.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
the hornets have proved time and time again that teams can go on runs, or they can beat up on the hornets. but the next time out the hornets will come out and repay the team what they deserve. notice the dallas series.

The Hornets haven't proven jack.

ggf33
05-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Unless Duncan averages 27/15 the rest of the way its over. our guys can't hit shots at some point that dilemma is gonna bite them in the butt in SA. Pop has given up making adjustments and we are getting screwed.

Obstructed_View
Yes, they definitely were. How many times did we see Ginobili pumpfake a 3? Or Bowen pumpfake from 3 point line and drive in for a midrange shot he missed badly? Brent Barry got most of his points in garbage time. He has to understand that when he's in the game, he needs to shoot the ball. He's certainly not in the game for his defense.

It's absolutely fucking astounding to me how well Brent Barry can shoot with a guy right on top of him when the game is no longer in doubt.

1Parker1
I saw more confused than scared. It looked like they were all trying to "do the right thing" and look for Duncan or penetrate the ball. I just can't buy that their hesitation was due to being intimidated by the situation.

I don't think they're intimidated, I think they've lost confidence in their shooting. And when everyone else on the team starts clanking their shots, it gets contagious. Add to it, Spurs barely had an easy opportunity shots to get their confidence going and it's going to be a long night.

This Spurs team, more so than any other, if their offense isn't going, their defense seems to fall through the cracks with it.

King Ju I

Proven that we can kick ass at home. Check

Proven that we can kick Spur ass on the road. TBD

DubMcDub
05-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Barry was draining them tonight. Spurs will need that as they come back to Texas.

brettn

As a Spurs fan I thought of this from the point of a view as a Mavs fan and you're 100% correct. This whole "experience" thing, while it matters, its completely overplayed. The mavs had a shit ton of playoff experience and that didn't stop the mavs from getting outplayed in game 4 last series. Anyone can play up any number of "factors" that might influence an outcome but it all comes down to who plays the best basketball on any given night.

That being said, I have complete faith in the Spurs, if nothing else, to make a series out of this. People comparing this to the 01 series against the lakers, i really dont see a comparison. I feel like I've seen good things the past 2 games that we can, and will capitalize on in the coming games, it just comes down to playing a full 48 minutes, which we've seen an obvious problem with doing throughout most of this season. Kenny Smith mentioned imposing your will on the other team in the postgame show, and against this team its vital. "They can't play slow and we can't play fast." This is what it comes down to. And I feel like this is where pop will make the neccesary adjustments. And needless to say, its in 2nd half that we need to enforce these adjustments.

The whole Spurs team, from the coaching, to the playing has been completely outplayed these first 2 games. That's no reason to believe we won't make the proper adjustments. We WILL make adjustments and we WILL win the next 2. I was wrong, this will be a long series, but....

Believe..

SPARKY

Agreed. They were passing the rock ten times before shooting it tonight.

Obstructed_View

Agreed. Six good games out of seven qualifies as a good run, and is certainly respectable, but they haven't "proven" anything at this point.

timvp
05-06-2008, 12:36 AM
So much for the team remembering the one thing Pop has been telling them all year long. It might as well be on the logo at half court. The whole season has been in perparation for this series where there are so many guys so wide open, and they aren't doing it.Part of the problem, like I said elsewhere, is the difference going from the Suns to the Hornets. The Suns gave up open three-point looks only to Udoka. Finley got open once or twice but otherwise they didn't leave the three-point shooters at all.

Going from that series where the shooters were basically bystanders to this series where the shooters have to win or lose the series is a pretty big adjustment. It's a lame excuse but there's some merit to it.

Now if the shooters can get back into rhythm and actually knock some down, suddenly this triple-team Duncan scheme won't look so genius.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Barry was draining them tonight. Spurs will need that as they come back to Texas.

He has been all playoffs long. He needs to be told he only gets PT as long as he's shooting.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Proven that we can kick ass at home. Check

Proven that we can kick Spur ass on the road. TBD

Proven that they can win a couple home playoff games in the 2nd round. BFD.

pawe
05-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Never lose hope. Homecourt games are coming up and adjustments are sure to follow. look for Pop to put bowen on Peja and parker on Paul. the spurs are gonna PnR them to death.

gameFACE
05-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Here's what i'm holding on to:

'05 Detroit Games 5 and 7
'08 Suns Games 1 and 3

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 12:39 AM
And I'm so torn on Udoka playing now because while he gives you what you want on defnese his offense has been SOOOOOOOOO bad and his less than stellar shot selection has gotten worse in the post season.

I really think what the Spurs needed tonight other than better defensive matchups - for the love of god put Bowen on Peja - was someone to take over the game on offense and no one was able to do that.

DubMcDub
05-06-2008, 12:40 AM
He has been all playoffs long. He needs to be told he only gets PT as long as he's shooting.

I definitely saw a few instances tonight where I knew he absolutely should have shot, and instead he put the ball down and tried to create something. And of course, some of the other Spurs did that as well.

Obstructed_View
Part of the problem, like I said elsewhere, is the difference going from the Suns to the Hornets. The Suns gave up open three-point looks only to Udoka. Finley got open once or twice but otherwise they didn't leave the three-point shooters at all.

Going from that series where the shooters were basically bystanders to this series where the shooters have to win or lose the series is a pretty big adjustment. It's a lame excuse but there's some merit to it.

Now if the shooters can get back into rhythm and actually knock some down, suddenly this triple-team Duncan scheme won't look so genius.

No I completely agree. The Spurs couldn't have gone from a worse series into this one for exactly that reason. But the Spurs shot the lights out in the first half of game one, so it goes back to the inconsistency of their offense, which has plagued them all year long, and if I were a Spurs opponent I'd be daring them to play well for four out of seven games, because I just don't know if they can do it.

If the Spurs didn't stop playing defense in the second half against this team again and again, they might have a shooter's chance at the end in the games where the offense was failing them.

T Park
Start Barry, put Bowen on Peja, tie series going to NO.

That simple.

The defense was fantastic on David West.

Its like they accomplished and adjusted to one thing, but didn't complete correct everything else.

Take out Peja, you take out the Hornet's offense.

Once again, I've been saying that for months.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Part of the problem, like I said elsewhere, is the difference going from the Suns to the Hornets. The Suns gave up open three-point looks only to Udoka. Finley got open once or twice but otherwise they didn't leave the three-point shooters at all.

Plus making the obvious defensive adjustment and a little home cooking.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:41 AM
I definitely saw a few instances tonight where I knew he absolutely should have shot, and instead he put the ball down and tried to create something. And of course, some of the other Spurs did that as well.

Be careful who you say that to. There are some Spurs fans on this board that won't believe that Brent's been doing that since he became a Spur.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I agree also the shooters aren't choking, the shooters are thinking.

Finley, barry, Udoka, Bowen, they all have to just SHOOT.

Who gives a shit if it goes in, just shoot it.

Bowne on Peja, let Paul get his, shut everyone else down.

Tie series.

ggf33
When was the last time the Spurs big 3 had 2 straight poor games in the playoffs? if anything that only means we are done.

whottt
Ok so may we do need to put Bowen on Paul...if we can contain West like tonight and take Peja away with Bowen...Paul will actually have worse numbers than he had tonight.

Being down 0-2 isn't shit, it's just matter of perspective. The Spurs lost 2 on the opponents home court, something they have done that many many times...after winning the first 2 on their own home court. Many times..so they just need to win the next 2, then they are 2-2...and they've been that in dozens of series in the Duncan era, including most of our title years.

I fully realize Spurfan is in a bit of shock over being down 0-2, since this is only about the second time it's happened in the last 11 years...but that's a sign of excellence, not a mark of failure.

As Mi21 said....they've earned a little faith here with four fucking NBA championships.

All that said...the Hornets are freaking good...if the Spurs lose to them...better them than the Lakers...better them than the Mavs or Suns. Me? If this run is over...well I got to see everything I ever wanted to see after the second championship when Drob went out on top. I told myself then that if that happened everything else would be gravy...and it has been...lots and lots of gravy. I don't think the Spurs are done...but being down 0-2 is as unusual of a sensation for me as it is for any Spurfan...I hope their perspective is right, that they are 2 wins away from 2-2. Something they have been many times.

Admidave50
I agree that most of our guys passed the ball to many times and we had costly turnovers! I really hope that our team will be much prepared for the next one!

T Park
Yeah Barry unfortunately has gone back to 05 06 Barry, as opposed to the Barry who didn't give a shit and played balls out from November to December.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:43 AM
The Spurs are also doing the classic "trying to score 6 points at a time"

Everyone is trying way too damn hard, and just needs to calm the F down.

anjlbitz
05-06-2008, 12:44 AM
I saw Bruce Bowen SEVERAL times try to put the ball on the floor..

Ugh. Damn just shoot!

2centsworth

very good post. spurs need to worry about executing and playing better ball and not on some psychological nonsense.

timvp
whottt you need to do your part and get Pop to stop putting Bowen on CP3. You and him saw the same things in that matchup going into that series.

Talk him out of it.

Please? :lol :cry

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah unfortunately Pop has gone into shell mode.

whottt
05-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Yeah Barry unfortunately has gone back to 05 06 Barry, as opposed to the Barry who didn't give a shit and played balls out from November to December.

Barry is shooting 692% from 3 for the playoffs...you'd think he'd earn some more minutes and touches with that. And he made some smart passes tonight that got our offense going. I don't care what else he is doing...if he's hitting fucking 70% from 3 for the post season...his ass needs to be on the court.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 12:48 AM
the most worrisome is how much more physical the Hornets are than the Spurs. Every possession the Hornets are hitting someone. Tim needs to dominate, plain and simple.

whottt
05-06-2008, 12:49 AM
whottt you need to do your part and get Pop to stop putting Bowen on CP3. You and him saw the same things in that matchup going into that series.

I did? Er...yeah that's right I did.

I dunno...Seems like I thought putting Bowen on Paul and everyone else sticking to their man would be enough...however I am now willing to reconsider that opinion as a bad one.

If Paul is going to light everyone up we might as well put Parker on him and let Bruce take Peja out of it. And hope the D holds up against DWest.

Talk him out of it.

Please? :lol :cry

LOL...he never does what I want anyway unless I bet against him.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Barry is shooting 692% from 3 for the playoffs...you'd think he'd earn some more minutes and touches with that. And he made some smart passes tonight that got our offense going. I don't care what else he is doing...if he's hitting fucking 70% from 3 for the post season...his ass needs to be on the court.

His ass needs to stop passing up open 3s.

whottt
05-06-2008, 12:51 AM
On a side note...Udoka against Bonzi tonight was a sight for sore eyes...Udoka on the court at any other point, was not :lmao.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:51 AM

http://img49.echo.cx/img49/4669/diint6wr.jpg

whottt
05-06-2008, 12:52 AM

Whatver...anyone shooting 70% from 3 needs to be on the court...whether they are passing them up, or not. Get fucking serious.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:52 AM
On a side note...Udoka against Bonzi tonight was a sight for sore eyes...Udoka on the court at any other point, was not :lmao.

Yeah, if the Spurs could make 45 situational substitutions per game they'd be fine.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Whatver...anyone shooting 70% from 3 needs to be on the court...whether they are passing them up, or not. Get fucking serious.

Your arguing a totally different point sunshine.

brettn
05-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah unfortunately Pop has gone into shell mode.

Stupid post. "Shell mode?"

It's been a total team letdown, to blame this on Pop is fucking silly.

Does he has a part in this? of course he does. his 2nd half adjustments obviously haven't worked but that doesn't account for the team's complete lack off effort in these first 2 games.

If anything I guarantee Pop draws a great game plan to take game 3 handily. It's whether or not we respond in game 4 to even this series.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Pop has been brutal in this series. It all started with that dumb hack a chandler before the half in game 1.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Stupid post. "Shell mode?"

It's been a total team letdown, to blame this on Pop is fucking silly.

Does he has a part in this? of course he does. his 2nd half adjustments obviously haven't worked but that doesn't account for the team's complete lack off effort in these first 2 games.

If anything I guarantee Pop draws a great game plan to take game 3 handily. It's whether or not we respond in game 4 to even this series.

Lack of effort BS.

Hes not putting Bowen on Peja and shutting him down.

If he would do that, shut Peja down, and get him rattled like his Sacramento days, then this series takes a 180 degree turn.

Gauran fucking teed.

timvp
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Barry is fine. He just need more minutes. He's hesitating ... but so is everyone else. The shooters as a group need to figure out the ball movement, the spacing and who to get the ball to and then they'll start dropping them. The Spurs have proven playoff shooters ... this isn't like 2004 when the Spurs were relying on young players.

Barry needs to play 25-30 minutes against a team that is sagging into the paint. This is the reason why he's on the team. You don't put Barry against a team that is sagging, might as well not have him on the team.

Bowen on Peja for the entire game. Take him out of the series. Bowen needs to take the open corner threes.

Finley can guard Mo Pete. He needs to take the open looks and hit ~40% of them.

Ginobili needs to take the open threes. If he's not open, he doesn't need to force any stepback three-pointers. Just rotate the ball and they'll eventually be a three-point shooter open.

No more minutes for Udoka ... we as Spurs fans need to face the fact that he's a playoff choker. Some players can shoot in the playoffs, some can't. Udoka is in the second column. I like him against Bonzi but he's Hedo-esque on offense.

pooh
05-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Since 1995, the Spurs have been down 0-2 in the playoffs four times and each time they've lost. 1995 (Rockets) 1998 (Jazz), 2001 (Lakers) 2008 (Hornets)

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:59 AM
No more minutes for Udoka ... we as Spurs fans need to face the fact that he's a playoff choker. Some players can shoot in the playoffs, some can't. Udoka is in the second column. I like him against Bonzi but he's Hedo-esque on offense.

Agreed.

Udoka has been a dissapointment all season long unfortunately.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Since 1995, the Spurs have been down 0-2 in the playoffs four times and each time they've lost. 1995 (Rockets) 1998 (Jazz), 2001 (Lakers) 2008 (Hornets)

Cool.

How bout them ping pong balls?

timvp
05-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Agreed.

Udoka has been a dissapointment all season long unfortunately.Naw he was pretty good in the regular season. He's just not a playoff shooter. A lot of players ... even some great players ... can't hit shots when it matters.

That's why you have to wait until the playoffs to see whether a perimeter player is championship quality or not.

whottt
05-06-2008, 01:00 AM

Dick...

whottt
05-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Udoka's probem is that he can't hit spot up threes...he's got to be moving. It's not his game...it hasn't been all season.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
If you could combine Barry's shooting with Udoka's defense that would be a $50 mil player.

Obstructed_View
Naw he was pretty good in the regular season. He's just not a playoff shooter. A lot of players ... even some great players ... can't hit shots when it matters.

That's why you have to wait until the playoffs to see whether a perimeter player is championship quality or not.

His offense has been spotty all along. I'd say watch him go out and hit four in the next game, but I don't think he's going to get the minutes to do it.

T Park
Naw he was pretty good in the regular season. He's just not a playoff shooter. A lot of players ... even some great players ... can't hit shots when it matters.

Eh, Udoka was supposed to be the answer to guys like McGrady, Nowitzki, Bonzi, and others.

He hasn't guarded the long 3s well, and he has failed to come through shooting wise.

The team is back to being paper thin at the wing position defensively.

whottt
05-06-2008, 01:04 AM
By the way Pooh...care to tell us how many times the Spurs have lost 2 in a row on the opponents home court since 1998?

It's happened a bunch of times...and the Spurs have won those series a bunch of times, they've gone on to win titles in those years a bunch of times. That's all this is...it just feels different, becuase usually the Spurs have home court, but it isn't really any different than any other series where you lose 2 on the opponents home court.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Udoka's probem is that he can't hit spot up threes...he's got to be moving. It's not his game...it hasn't been all season.
I disagree. Udoka's problem is that he doesn't take enough of them. If he's wide open he dribbles up closer and and takes a two with a hand in his face. He never learned that he's not supposed to be facilitating the offense, and that the three is the shot the offense is setting up for him.

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:05 AM
I disagree. Udoka's problem is that he doesn't take enough of them. If he's wide open he dribbles up closer and and takes a two with a hand in his face. He never learned that he's not supposed to be facilitating the offense, and that the three is the shot the offense is setting up for him.

Maybe he gets it next year, who knows.

BTW, didnt' Sean Elliott used to be a playoff choker, then in 99 just "turned it around"

timvp
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Udoka's probem is that he can't hit spot up threes...he's got to be moving. It's not his game...it hasn't been all season.All of his threes during the season were spot up threes. He just can't hit them when the count. Honestly, even during the regular season, he was probably like a 20% shooter in clutch situations.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 01:08 AM
BTW, didnt' Sean Elliott used to be a playoff choker, then in 99 just "turned it around"

not at all. I remember Sean single-handedly carrying the spurs against Portalnd in the playoffs during his rookie year.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:09 AM

No, he was always a playoff choker. That he made a brilliant shot he should never have taken doesn't change that. Fortunately he couldn't get rid of the ball quickly enough in the Finals and passed it to AJ for the championship winning shot.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
No, he was always a playoff choker. That he made a brilliant shot he should never have taken doesn't change that. Fortunately he couldn't get rid of the ball quickly enough in the Finals and passed it to AJ for the championship winning shot.

are you insane. Please tell me when he choked except from the FT line against Houston.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
All of his threes during the season were spot up threes. He just can't hit them when the count. Honestly, even during the regular season, he was probably like a 20% shooter in clutch situations.

I seem to remember that he was quite good in shot-clock and end of quarter sitiuations when there was a play for him. That's because there was no option for him to put it on the floor and try for a better shot, so he knew he was going to shoot ahead of time.

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:12 AM

Really, so all those threes he made before that to claw the team out of that hole in the second half doesn't count?

Right on :tu

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:14 AM
are you insane. Please tell me when he choked except from the FT line against Houston.
I've got a poster of the guy on the wall next to me as I'm typing this. I love him, but I'm not going to say he's something he wasn't. You are welcome to go into the records and dig up his playoff accomplishments. You'll find him at the wrong end of a lot of playoff upsets, though.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Really, so all those threes he made before that to claw the team out of that hole in the second half doesn't count?

Right on :tu
If shooting a lot of threes when you are way down in a single game is a sign of clutchness to you, then our definitions are different. "Turning it around" also means more than one game to me.

phxspurfan
05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
This badmouthing of Udoka's shooting reminds me of 05 when people hated eeding Speedy Claxton to come in and bail out a choking Tony Parker. Sometimes a guy just needs some experience and he will get it.

MONTENEGRINO
05-06-2008, 01:19 AM
All I can see is that series is far from over. Our big 3 fucked up first 2 games. Is it real to expect them to play this bad in next games? I'd say no. So, only thing we need is to WIN next game. After that, expirience could solve our problems.

T Park
If shooting a lot of threes when you are way down in a single game is a sign of clutchness to you, then our definitions are different. "Turning it around" also means more than one game to me.

:lol

Yeah that game winner was just not clutch what so ever.

T Park
This badmouthing of Udoka's shooting reminds me of 05 when people hated eeding Speedy Claxton to come in and bail out a choking Tony Parker. Sometimes a guy just needs some experience and he will get it.

Uh Speedy wasn't on the team in 05....

phxspurfan
05-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh and why did TP keep going over the top on those Chandler screens? Its not like Paul is Stojakovic outbthere with a 26ft J.

phxspurfan
05-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Uh Speedy wasn't on the team in 05....

My bad I meant 03. but still - I don't think this board is giving Udoka a chance. I cringed when he put up that ill-advised hookshot, but the only way he's going to get better is by playing.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:25 AM

Yeah that game winner was just not clutch what so ever.

Are you aware that if you mention the same moment multiple times that it still only counts as one instance?

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:27 AM
My bad I meant 03. but still - I don't think this board is giving Udoka a chance. I cringed when he put up that ill-advised hookshot, but the only way he's going to get better is by playing.

Hes had his chances and failed.

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Are you aware that if you mention the same moment multiple times that it still only counts as one instance?

So his play vs the T Wolves wasnt.

His play vs the Lakers wasn't.

Hell no of course not.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
but the only way he's going to get better is by playing.
Since it's the playoffs, the only way the Spurs are going to get better is if he, for the most part, doesn't.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:29 AM
So his play vs the T Wolves wasnt.

His play vs the Lakers wasn't.

Hell no of course not.

Okay, you win. He was the clutchest guy on the team. That's why they won so many playoff series when he was the second best player on the team, right?

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Okay, you win. He was the clutchest guy on the team. That's why they won so many playoff series when he was the second best player on the team, right?

Never said he was the clutchest.

Get your panties out of the wad sunshine.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 01:31 AM

what does that say about hall of famer David Robinson? Was he a choke too? your problem is not realizing the supporting cast was brutal.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM

Never said he was the clutchest.

Get your panties out of the wad sunshine.

Yeah, that makes your argument less stupid. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 01:33 AM
what does that say about hall of famer David Robinson? Was he a choke too? your problem is not realizing the supporting cast was brutal.

Yeah, it was all those guys' fault every single year. David always stepped up big in the biggest moments, particularly before Timmy arrived.

2centsworth
calling other men sunshine is plain weird.

T Park
Yeah, that makes your argument less stupid. :lol

My arguement that sean elliott a supposed choker in the past, stepped up in 99 and became clutch is stupid?

Right on.

T Park
calling other men sunshine is plain weird.

its called sarcasm einstein.

sabar
05-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Udoka needs to stop thinking so much and just shoot. Bowen too. I hate that dribble and step in for a horrible shot because they hesitated.

2centsworth
its called sarcasm einstein.

it's called gay in my book:lol

Obstructed_View
My arguement that sean elliott a supposed choker in the past, stepped up in 99 and became clutch is stupid?

Right on.

If "became clutch" means "played really well in one game and made a three he shouldn't have taken", then I disagree with your definition. Sean passed up a wide open shot in the finals so Avery Johnson could take the shot from the baseline. There's no way that's a good basketball play unless you realize that Sean wasn't up to the moment and was smart enough to know it. What Sean did is similar to what Speedy did: Play over his head and have a really good day when it happened to be important.

I don't recall having made the assertion that Ime wasn't clutch. I simply suggested that his shot selection is poor. He could turn that around in a second. It's not like having the yips or being afraid to fail in big moments.

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:39 AM
it's called gay in my book:lol

And thats called homophobic.

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:40 AM
If "became clutch" means "played really well in one game and made a three he shouldn't have taken", then I disagree with your definition. Sean passed up a wide open shot in the finals so Avery Johnson could take the shot from the baseline. There's no way that's a good basketball play unless you realize that Sean wasn't up to the moment and was smart enough to know it. What Sean did is similar to what Speedy did: Play over his head and have a really good day when it happened to be important.

I don't recall having made the assertion that Ime wasn't clutch. I simply suggested that his shot selection is poor. He could turn that around in a second. It's not like having the yips or being afraid to fail in big moments.

Ah so he passed up a shot with a guy running at him, because he wasn't "UP" for the moment.

:lol Wow.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 01:42 AM
:jack
And thats called homophobic.

SpursFan0728
05-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Hey Timvp

I was chatting with my friend after the game and he suggested putting Manu on Paul to bother him and his passing lanes more.

What are you thoughts on that?

Emeyin
05-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Pop did this same defense last year and the Spurs won the championship. Bowen on Deron Williams didn't really work but the Jazz couldn't make the Spurs pay because Parker could guard Fisher and Ginobili could guard Kirilenko. Now the Hornets can make the Spurs pay for going with this gimmick defense.

Before the series, what I was most worried with was Pop putting Bowen on CP3. This is why. It fits into Pop's recent pattern but it's fvcking stupid against the Hornets :bang

Yeah at first I thought Bowen on CP3 was a good idea, but he's still too productive. Better off throwing Bowen on Peja at least we know he can shut him down. Time to make the adjustment.

Brutalis
05-06-2008, 02:41 AM
just random stuff on my head for you lucky viewers

-i hope we get home calls like the hornets did
-we hit some jumpers in game 3, open the lane, then td goes to work
-our rims aren't so damn tight thank god
-win game 3 to at least make this possible, give ourselves a chance to come back

Some really bad calls in this series. But when the other team is out hustling you have no excuses. Hit your shots, TD once again missed some easy stuff. If Manu could have got a couple of those 3s to fall then we was right back. It'll be there Thursday.

Tony was just not aggressive at all. He was piss poor despite a couple good moves as he always gets.

I think overall some rest helps still. Our guys need to seriously think about trying something different.

themvp
05-06-2008, 04:30 AM
Don't be afraid. Believe.

td4mvp3
05-06-2008, 07:20 AM

i'm with you. the spurs are 0-whatever after being down 2-0 for a reason, and i don't see this team changing that.

Shank
05-06-2008, 07:24 AM
The Hornets are better than the Spurs and don't fear them at all. How hard is that to figure out?

Slippy
05-06-2008, 07:24 AM
For the same reasons including a TD shocker i thought the Spurs had game 2 and why a game 3 win is possible. It can't get any worse for our shooters and playoff experience has to mean something. The Hornets are riding a high that needs to be dealt with.

Agree. It's up to the spurs now to show they are worthy defending champs.

themvp
05-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm sure Spurs will win the next one. I see a totally different story at AT&T Center.

florige
05-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Doubt the Spurs will get swept, but it's never looking good down 0-2.

I don't know what adjustments they can make defensively -- they've given up triple digits in both losses. When Peja, MoPete, CP3,
and Julian Fucking Wright are all raining threes on our asses, the shit has hit the fan.
Not to mention that the offense just hasn't clicked. NO's done a good job closing out on all the shooters. Who's going to provide that spark off the bench?

:lmao

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't have minded if these games were close, but Spurs lost TWO BIG CHANCES to take this series and gave up. As a fan, that's not something I appreciated watching. Looking at this Spurs team and how they played in the first two games, you'd think they were the young, inexperienced ones. Manu losing his cool after 3 bad TO's that were his fault, Duncan constantly complaining to the refs about non-calls and letting that affect his game, Parker sleepwalking through the game like it's a regular season matchup, Bowen, Finley, Barry all hesitating with their shots as if this was their first playoff series or something.

And more importantly, Pop being stubborn and acting like he's never played a series against a dominating PG and bunch of 3 point shooters. Jason Kidd in 03 anyone? Deron Williams in 07? Steve Nash in 07 and 08?

Killakobe81
05-06-2008, 08:40 AM

LOL :lmao

Carlton Banks = Chris Paul = Hilarious ...
But what is NOT funny is they making it look like ...
Isiah Thomas + John Stockton = Chris Paul

angel_luv
05-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I love comebacks!

Go Spurs Go!
:cheer :D :cheer
:flag:
I believe. :)

Indazone
05-06-2008, 09:17 AM
What happened to the Spurs man? I remember that ugly bruising battle against Phoenix last year and eventually going on to win the Championship. Where is that team? Everybody is back so what gives?? You can't be down two games to the biggest pussies in the SW Division? Everyone on the Spurs needs to get an attitude check and bring their A game dammit.

Dex
05-06-2008, 09:20 AM
When the Spurs won the first two games against Phoenix, I still couldn't feel like we did anything more than hold serve. That same pressure has to still be riding on the Hornets.

Had New Orleans managed to lose one of those first two games, everyone would be talking about how they "squandered home-court advantage". Funny how the Sports world seems to turn on a dime like that.

I'll admit, the losses were more convincing then I like them to be this time of year. But now it's our turn to come home and defend our court, and it's not necessarily an easy place to visit either.

It's easy to have faith when you're cake-walking to the Finals, but that's not what winning a Title is all about. After all it has done, this team does not deserve to have a single fan turn its back.

This is what it's all about to Believe.

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Yep, the spurs got ... swept

It's over

Los Spurs
05-06-2008, 09:44 AM
:flag: Believe :flag:

Spurminator
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
If the 2004 Lakers could do it against the defending NBA Champs, the 2008 Spurs can do it against the New Orleans Hornets. Win 3 and 4.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-06-2008, 11:11 AM
If the 2004 Lakers could do it against the defending NBA Champs, the 2008 Spurs can do it against the New Orleans Hornets. Win 3 and 4.

I still Believe.

spurschick
05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Hell yeah. :flag:

remingtonbo2001
05-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Let's do this. :flag:

If memory serves me correct, the simulation crew has yet to mark off a 0-2 comback on the checklist.

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Let's do this. :flag:

If memory serves me correct, the simulation crew has yet to mark off a 0-2 comback on the checklist.

Thats what I'm saying. There is a first for everything.

xtremesteven33
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
i think the hornets are so cocky right now that they are due for a bad game. i honestly think the first 2 games at NO had a lot to do with the blowout victories. lets see how they respond to a pissed off motivated spurs team at home. parker will guard paul, bowen will stop peja and thomas will contain west.

spurs got this.

Peja On A Stick
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Peja Got this!!!

Spurminator
05-06-2008, 11:48 AM
The Spurs haven't won 4 out of 5 Playoff games since last month!

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
^:lol That's one good way to look at it I guess...

timvp
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM
The Spurs haven't won 4 out of 5 Playoff games since last month!The Spurs recently won 12 out of 13 playoff games. 4 out of 5 ain't nothing.

:hat

dbreiden83080
05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah at first I thought Bowen on CP3 was a good idea, but he's still too productive. Better off throwing Bowen on Peja at least we know he can shut him down. Time to make the adjustment.

Why in the world didn't Pop do that for game 2, after we got spanked in game 1???

tlongII
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Hornets in 3!

Brutalis
05-06-2008, 03:24 PM
I have a question.

Late in the game there was a foul on TP I believe going for a rebound. I forget who got the foul, I think Chandler or West. But it was clearly not a foul on the replay, and Tony's expression seconds later, had him looking depleted. He didn't attack much either on offense.

Spurs Brazil
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Great post timvp

We don't need 4 of 5. We'll win this shit in 6

I Believe

leemajors
05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
I have a question.

Late in the game there was a foul on TP I believe going for a rebound. I forget who got the foul, I think Chandler or West. But it was clearly not a foul on the replay, and Tony's expression seconds later, had him looking depleted. He didn't attack much either on offense.

it was morris peterson.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Ah so he passed up a shot with a guy running at him, because he wasn't "UP" for the moment.

:lol Wow.

You need to go back and watch that play. He couldn't get the ball out of his hands quickly enough and you know it. Just say you like him and move on with your life. This is not a winning argument for you under any circumstances.

pooh
05-07-2008, 05:18 AM
The Spurs recently won 12 out of 13 playoff games. 4 out of 5 ain't nothing.

:hat

they were never down 0-2 before that streak either.

0-10 lifetime when down 0-2 in a series.

Spurminator
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Bump.