PDA

View Full Version : The Hornets are teetering on the edge

gospursgojas
05-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Of imploding, b/c they can't keep their cool.

Imagine what will happen when they are down or loose a game or two.

Sure they are winning but it seems they are just as concered with stare downs as they are with making baskets.

They have every right to feel good about not just beating but blowing out the Spurs, but poise shows when things are going good as well as bad.

It doesn't seem like it takes much to get in their heads...

I'm just saying. What happens when the Spurs go on a 18-2 run on them? Are they going to react with the same imaturity as they do when they are winning?

Of course the Spurs would have to get their heads out of their ass and do it but, what if?

PejaOnAStick
05-06-2008, 12:02 AM
http://www.markaelrod.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/straws.jpg

Septic
05-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Are we that desperate?

Kori Ellis
05-06-2008, 12:03 AM
:lol

rcs15
Thugs will be thugs.

Once SA whoops their ass the next two games those bitches will fold like the losers they are.

VoiceofReason

Sure they are winning but it seems they are just as concered with stare downs as they are with making baskets.

They have every right to feel good about not just beating but blowing out the Spurs, but poise shows when things are going good as well as bad.

I'm just saying. What happens when the Spurs go on a 18-2 run on them? Are they going to react with the same imaturity as they do when they are winning?

Of course the Spurs would have to get their heads out of their ass and do it but, what if?

:drunk

NIH
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, the Hornets are thugs roflmao! They've never imploded before why would they now when they're up 2-0?

gospursgojas
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM

I don't get it.

2easy
05-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Thugs will be thugs.

Once SA whoops their ass the next two games those bitches will fold like the losers they are.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Shred
05-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Down 2-0? It's only a flesh wound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

King Ju I
05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
:lol How can u be on the edge of imploding after two blowouts? What the fuck is going on this board is going crazy.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 12:09 AM
The Hornets aren't thugs, they are just emotionally weak. Too bad the Spurs aren't playing well enough to take advantage of it. I'm wondering if the team that wants to repeat is going to make an appearance in this series. It doesn't matter when they do it. That team could win four straight against the Hornets, but they've gotta actually show up first.

CP3forMVP
rc15, you willing to bet that your post will be wrong in a HUGE way?

BlackFlagg
Thugs will be thugs.

Oh act like something, ok? The Hornets deserve the props they're getting from Spurs fans. Our outfit has always been perceived as "classy." Don't fuck it up.

rcs15
05-06-2008, 12:11 AM
rc15, you willing to bet that your post will be wrong in a HUGE way?

I will be proven right, bookmark this thread.

The spurs are the champs son, they know how to respond to adversity unlike your thug team.

Septic
05-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Oh act like something, ok? The Hornets deserve the props they're getting from Spurs fans. Our outfit has always been perceived as "classy." Don't fuck it up.
Classy by San Anto's. Everyone else thinks Stern has this destiny for us to bring chaos to the world and think Bowen, Horry and the rest of the Spurs are devils incarnated.

gospursgojas
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
:lol How can u be on the edge of imploding after two blowouts? What the fuck is going on this board is going crazy.

I'm talking about a couple of T's that swing the momentum the Spurs way. Or an ejection of important players in important games.

Im not taking anything away from the Hornets they outplayed the Spurs in every aspect of the game. But even in huge blowout games their metal weaknesses can be seen. Im just asking how that weakness is going to play out when they are getting beat.

Indazone
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
Yes I have.
*Look*!
It's just a flesh wound.
Okay, we'll call it a draw.
Come, Patsy.

Oh! Had enough, eh? Come back and take what's coming to you, you yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
They're teetering on the edge of the Western Conference Finals...:lol

gospursgojas
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes I have.
*Look*!
It's just a flesh wound.
Come, Patsy.

Oh! Had enough, eh? Come back and take what's coming to you, you yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!

This forum is for fans that are in the 2nd round.

Know what thats like?

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
yeah rcs, i gotta give it to ya. they responded real well the entire game tonight. ill keep this thread and be back to it at the end. and if i'm wrong i'll be a man, you should do the same? you are a man right?

1Parker1
05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't get it.

Meaning, he's grasping for straws. Something, anything to negate the domination by the Hornets.

ThePoo
05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Thugs will be thugs.

fold like those other losers hatwent 2 up on yall?

Indazone
05-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I"m invicible!!!

You're a loony...

lol well I actually do want the Spurs to beat the Hornets!! But c'mon now..this isn't going to be easy.

Nolazach
05-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!

The next game will be closer but Home court advantage isn't usually worth 20 points.

You have lost 25, 20, 12 and 19. Our losses were a lot closer. So maybe the Spurs got lucky when they beat us earlier, because right now yall look like nothing next to the Mavericks.

stealth21
05-06-2008, 05:08 AM

Exactly.......every championship team has to go through a point when they're really tested, history has proven that.
Hornets fans are riding high, and they should be. But Spurs fans remember riding high when our own Tony Parker was tearing up the Lakers
for two home games in the '04 playoffs....... what happened after that?

N.O. has talent around the floor, good coaching (not great, Byron has never won shit as a coach, save for a weak ass E.C. title in '03, btw, after that they met the Spurs in the finals, Pop beat his ass with one star player, an aging five-0, a new two-0, a nube point guard and a bunch of retread role players..... just to give the Hornets nubes some info since they just started watching the NBA this season), and a lot of confidence. :fro

IMHO, Spurs are up against the wanna be new generation Spurs, I mean they're trying to be classy, they're playing like they're organized, but I'm seeing some indications of their susceptibility to their own adrenaline.

I'm thinking they'll fuck themselves up before long, Scott will realize he's not as good a coach as he was a player, and the Cinderella ride will be over.
Oh, yea, btw, I used to feel sorry for New Orleans and what happened to their toilet of a city, but now........fuck 'em.

Fuck you Hornet fan, Mav fan no longer owns the title of "never won shit, bandwagon frontrunner, clueless overreact to a little success idiot sports fan"......now it's all yours.

BTW, the "Ring of Fire" debacle was pretty indicative of how you people
(yea i said "you people", don't be tender, you know what I really mean),
run your shit over there.
I won't even start on how you've handled the big stuff, I won't be an asshole, but if your city planners fuck up again and can't get the infrastructure together to keep you all safe, then fuck all of you, we're not going to help again...........your Texas hospitality ain't hea no mo.

just sayin. :hat

smeagol
05-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Titanic effort . . .

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 05:56 AM
They're just playing with a lot of passion. They're really fired up. That doesn't mean they're about to implode.

TheTruth62987
05-06-2008, 06:34 AM
The Hornets aren't thugs, they are just emotionally weak. Too bad the Spurs aren't playing well enough to take advantage of it. I'm wondering if the team that wants to repeat is going to make an appearance in this series. It doesn't matter when they do it. That team could win four straight against the Hornets, but they've gotta actually show up first.

Seems that the Spurs are the emotionally weak team in this series. The Hornets are playing tough basketball, and aren't losing their cool, while the Spurs are tucking their tails, and hiding in the corner. If anything, the Hornets are showing why they can be a championship team, cause they aren't scared to play the defending champs, and they aren't backing down from anyone.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 06:40 AM
New Orleans is playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I hate it. At the same time, you gotta admire them for not being intimidated like the fucking Suns.

sting
05-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Exactly.......every championship team has to go through a point when they're really tested, history has proven that.
Hornets fans are riding high, and they should be. But Spurs fans remember riding high when our own Tony Parker was tearing up the Lakers
for two home games in the '04 playoffs....... what happened after that?

N.O. has talent around the floor, good coaching (not great, Byron has never won shit as a coach, save for a weak ass E.C. title in '03, btw, after that they met the Spurs in the finals, Pop beat his ass with one star player, an aging five-0, a new two-0, a nube point guard and a bunch of retread role players..... just to give the Hornets nubes some info since they just started watching the NBA this season), and a lot of confidence. :fro

IMHO, Spurs are up against the wanna be new generation Spurs, I mean they're trying to be classy, they're playing like they're organized, but I'm seeing some indications of their susceptibility to their own adrenaline.

I'm thinking they'll fuck themselves up before long, Scott will realize he's not as good a coach as he was a player, and the Cinderella ride will be over.
Oh, yea, btw, I used to feel sorry for New Orleans and what happened to their toilet of a city, but now........fuck 'em.

Fuck you Hornet fan, Mav fan no longer owns the title of "never won shit, bandwagon frontrunner, clueless overreact to a little success idiot sports fan"......now it's all yours.

BTW, the "Ring of Fire" debacle was pretty indicative of how you people
(yea i said "you people", don't be tender, you know what I really mean),
run your shit over there.
I won't even start on how you've handled the big stuff, I won't be an asshole, but if your city planners fuck up again and can't get the infrastructure together to keep you all safe, then fuck all of you, we're not going to help again...........your Texas hospitality ain't hea no mo.

just sayin. :hat

Ever notice when their team gets ass fucked on National TV, they always comeback with Katrina.

Just Saying:lol

slowchild25
05-06-2008, 08:38 AM

Well since you know so much you will also know that Byron actually lead his team to two Eastern Conference Titles but what do I know I'm a nube to this baceqetball stuff. :rolleyes

Yea we are dumb I can't believe our city planners f'd up so badly...wait what's that?

"Nearly two months later, June 1, 2006, the United States Army Corps of Engineers finally and unequivocally admitted responsibility for the events in New Orleans with the release of the completed report. The Final Draft of the IPET report states the destructive forces of Katrina were "aided by incomplete protection, lower than authorized structures, and levee sections with erodible materials.""

Hmmmmmm....

Hook Dem
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
The bottom line is that the Hornets have severly outplayed the Spurs thus far. Unless something changes, there is no room for smack talk from us!

cjjr72984
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Well since you know so much you will also know that Byron actually lead his team to two Eastern Conference Titles but what do I know I'm a nube to this baceqetball stuff. :rolleyes

Yea we are dumb I can't believe our city planners f'd up so badly...wait what's that?

"Nearly two months later, June 1, 2006, the United States Army Corps of Engineers finally and unequivocally admitted responsibility for the events in New Orleans with the release of the completed report. The Final Draft of the IPET report states the destructive forces of Katrina were "aided by incomplete protection, lower than authorized structures, and levee sections with erodible materials.""

Hmmmmmm....

It's not worth it bro. There's just too many ingnorant people on this board that will never understand what the people of New Orleans went through. I came onto the board a couple of days ago and now, my perception of Spurs fans has changed dramatically.

I didn't realize the mods on this site were so lax with the katrina jokes and cursing. Some of the fans here are classy, but the majority here are either in denial that their Spurs are getting owned or just flat-out mean pricks.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Down 2-0? It's only a flesh wound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

Actually the Spurs have won 2 "moral" victories so far.

Does that sound familiar?

slowchild25
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
I didn't realize the mods on this site were so lax with the katrina jokes and cursing. Some of the fans here are classy, but the majority here are either in denial that their Spurs are getting owned or just flat-out mean pricks.

Actually I've been on here a few days and the mods are doing a pretty good job getting rid of the more mean spirited Katrina trash talking. You should have seen some of the threads that where up last night that are no longer here :wow

Russ
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM

It's a legitimate question (the Hornets' mental toughness).

It may be the one hope that the Spurs have left -- if it's close and all the chips are on the table, I like the Spurs' toughness and saavy. (You talk straws, we'll talk chips.)

But the time to turn the corner on NO is rapidly diminishing. It's now or never.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 08:55 AM

Hmmmmmm....

Probably not the place for this, but if anyone expects the US Government in any form or fashion to keep them safe, they are a fool.

People running the Government have better things to do......Raise more money and get re-elected.

cjjr72984
05-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Actually I've been on here a few days and the mods are doing a pretty good job getting rid of the more mean spirited Katrina trash talking. You should have seen some of the threads that where up last night that are no longer here :wow

Oh really?! Wow, well I'm happy I was into the game cause I would've been pissed to see that. I guess it didn't help either that the site crashed a couple of times last night, lol.

VoiceofReason
05-06-2008, 08:56 AM
The Hornets aren't going to "implode". They've played like this all season (I know . . . it's the playoffs . . . they haven't been there before . . . :blah). These guys DO play like they have a chip on their shoulder, they talk and show their emotion on the court. By now it should have become apparent that isn't going to cause them to fall apart. It would be sort of annoying to me if I were on the other side. But I'm not, so . . .:toast

VoiceofReason
05-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Oh and the Katrina stuff is so old . . .we've heard it on other boards . . . and I would hope it's beneath you.

slowchild25
05-06-2008, 09:00 AM
People running the Government have better things to do......Raise more money and get re-elected.

Yea I can't really argue with that unfortunately :depressed

CubanMustGo
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh and the Katrina stuff is so old . . .we've heard it on other boards . . . and I would hope it's beneath you.

The Katrina stuff is out of line.

So is some of the crap your less-restrained fellow fans have spewed, so call it even and quit bitching about it on a Spurs board.

Bottom line is that the Hornets are kicking the Spurs' collective ass all over the court and unless some sort of miracle occurs most of us will be pulling for NO to take out the Fakers.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 10:45 AM
They're just playing with a lot of passion. They're really fired up. That doesn't mean they're about to implode.

True and so far, its working.

spurschick
05-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Katrina smack? Uncool.:nope

LEONARD
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
SA is going to look like it got Katrina'd after the Hornets roll through this week...

4-0 sweep :(

daslicer
05-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Honestly this board in general sucks ass when the spurs lose mainly because you get a bunch of retarded trolls that enter into it. I think one of the great things about this board is that you can say whatever you want but it also works both ways when things go bad there is no intelligent discussion just trolls from other board posting middleschool trash "ha ha ha my team owned yours shut up you guys are just bitter because you are being owned.!" I tend to shift back and forth from this board and to the other infamous spurs board whenever the spurs lose or win both are extreme in the sense on one board you get banned for saying anything offense then here you get a lot of crap thats not even worth discussing after a loss. My suggestion to Kori is to come up with some guideline for the future for trolls because you can ignrore them like I have but it still fucks up any intelligent conversations going on in here due to the other fans being baited into arguing with these idiots.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Seems that the Spurs are the emotionally weak team in this series. The Hornets are playing tough basketball, and aren't losing their cool, while the Spurs are tucking their tails, and hiding in the corner. If anything, the Hornets are showing why they can be a championship team, cause they aren't scared to play the defending champs, and they aren't backing down from anyone.

The Spurs aren't playing well, but they haven't been chippy, they haven't been running into people and falling down comically like Chris Paul has done about a dozen times. They don't taunt, they don't crow. That stupid bullshit the Hornets do only works when they are winning, and usually only when they have their home crowd to have their backs. If the Spurs don't show up then it'll look like the Hornets weren't intimidated, true enough. As soon as they experience a bump in the road, whether it's this series or further down the road, we'll see if they can keep it together. I think it's a front, and I think the Spurs can knock it down with good play and frustrating defense. Whether they'll bring that remains to be seen, because they certainly haven't to this point.

Strike
05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes I have.
*Look*!
It's just a flesh wound.
Come, Patsy.

This forum is for fans that are in the 2nd round.

Know what thats like?

In a word....

:owned

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM

As I had hoped dropping n-bombs, posting porn, and lame trolling would be beneath your fanbase, but sadly I was mistaken.

Hornets pwn spurs!
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
hahahahahahahahah. spurs suck THATS IT

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Impressive.

VoiceofReason
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
. . .most of us will be pulling for NO to take out the Fakers.

And, really, won't most real Americans?

VoiceofReason
05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
As I had hoped dropping n-bombs, posting porn, and lame trolling would be beneath your fanbase, but sadly I was mistaken.

Damn . . . my day is ruined. Sparky is disappointed. But on a lighter note, we've figured out the ring of fire problem.