PDA

View Full Version : Sit TP and start Manu or Barry

Josepatches
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
CP3 is who is making the double team most of the time.we need Paul can't go to double team Duncan so if we want to play with TD then TP have to made outsides shots or Pop have to put Barry or manu in the place of him.
The Hornets were great.Even if Parker goes far away from TD Paul is always waiting to the moment when TD puts the ball on the court.So I can't find a better solution to made more easy the game for Duncan and I don't think we can win without him.
Parker has to shoot and he doesn't have to pass the ball when he is open like tonight.
I saw that in the first half but it was even more clear in the second half.
To me TP is a problem against the Hornets if he can't made JS and he can't guard CP3 because put him on Stojakovic or Peterson made us a big problem too.He can't guard them in the post so his teammates have to help him and his height made Peja and peterson can shoot and score easily over him from the outside.
The Hornets will send to double team duncan the man who is guarding parker all the series so or we don't play with Duncan or Parker has to score shots from the outside or sit Parker when we want play with TD.

IMO manu instead TP could be a good way.I'm not sure if CP3 could guard him but of course Paul couldn't go to help Chandler with manu open.
And i'm pretty sure TP could score more against Pargo while Ely is waiting in the paint than against Paul and chandler.So IMo change Manu for TP could help and Parker could destroy them when Chandler is in the bench

Kori Ellis
05-06-2008, 12:44 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Manu would average 15 turnovers a game if you are making him the starting point guard.

Just let Parker guard CP3. CP3 is already doing his thing anyway. Let Bowen guard Peja (who is currently lighting up Manu/Fin) and let Manu/Fin guard Peterson (who is too tall for Tony to guard).

You could move Manu into the starting lineup, but in place of Tony would be a disaster.

DAF86
05-06-2008, 12:45 AM
We should stop fucking around and start our best players.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
We should stop fucking around and start our best players.

Agree. I don't mind if he starts Manu in place of Finley. But not in place of Parker. It makes no sense at all.

DAF86
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Manu would average 15 turnovers a game if you are making him the starting point guard.

That's a stupid remark, we need to trust our guys.

T Park
05-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Ginobili isn't even close to 90% so I don't see how starting him over Parker does any good.

2centsworth
05-06-2008, 12:50 AM
start turnobilli over parker, yeah that makes sense.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Agree. I don't mind if he starts Manu in place of Finley. But not in place of Parker. It makes no sense at all.

Yeah, Barry's probably the second best back up to TP not Manu, so i'd rather have Barry in place of Parker for the Duncan double teams, but I really think the bench thing is stupid in this series. The NO team always cheats and slacks off to double Timmy, because Finley is older and the TP TD first quarter offense is too predictable.

Pop needs to go with his best horses. It's been catch-up too many times.

jag
05-06-2008, 02:00 AM
CP3 is who is making the double team most of the time.we need Paul can't go to double team Duncan so if we want to play with TD then TP have to made outsides shots or Pop have to put Barry or manu in the place of him.
The Hornets were great.Even if Parker goes far away from TD Paul is always waiting to the moment when TD puts the ball on the court.So I can't find a better solution to made more easy the game for Duncan and I don't think we can win without him.
Parker has to shoot and he doesn't have to pass the ball when he is open like tonight.
I saw that in the first half but it was even more clear in the second half.
To me TP is a problem against the Hornets if he can't made JS and he can't guard CP3 because put him on Stojakovic or Peterson made us a big problem too.He can't guard them in the post so his teammates have to help him and his height made Peja and peterson can shoot and score easily over him from the outside.
The Hornets will send to double team duncan the man who is guarding parker all the series so or we don't play with Duncan or Parker has to score shots from the outside or sit Parker when we want play with TD.

IMO manu instead TP could be a good way.I'm not sure if CP3 could guard him but of course Paul couldn't go to help Chandler with manu open.
And i'm pretty sure TP could score more against Pargo while Ely is waiting in the paint than against Paul and chandler.So IMo change Manu for TP could help and Parker could destroy them when Chandler is in the bench

No

That's a stupid remark, we need to trust our guys.

Truth hurts. btw...this isnt a Ginobili forum...it's a Spurs forum. Get off his nuts.

roycrikside
05-06-2008, 03:11 AM
I would like to see Manu and Brent play more, but not at Tony's expense. I'd like to see Tony, Brent, Manu, Tim and another big, preferably Thomas. Bowen is too inconsistent offensively and his defense isn't valuable as long as Pop has him on Paul.

DAF86
05-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Truth hurts. btw...this isnt a Ginobili forum...it's a Spurs forum. Get off his nuts.

Yeah, 'cause it's true that he'd average 15 tournovers per game.

And I'll do wathever I want so get off my nuts.

P.S: I always jump on (or off I don't know how the expression is) people that make stupid remarks 'bout spurs players (for ex. "Duncan has no heart") so don't fucking bust my balls, thank you.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 05:54 AM
I wish I could reach through the computer and slap a lot of you fools.

kace
05-06-2008, 06:15 AM
I can't get used to it.

Tony had 6 good games, some of them incredible. He has carried us against the suns. He was so far one of the best player of the entire PO.

and he had a poor game, and here we are. some stupid and senseless threads about him. Putting him on the bench ?? :bang

TP played better than CP3 on G1: we lost
TP played worse than CP3 on G2: we lost

We need to play like we use to do.

I don't give a fuck if manu starts or comes of the bench. he'll have his minutes. He needs to use his time well when he's on the court, what he hasn't been able to do so far.

Hope our big 3 will be fine, because we'll need it. and i wouldn't mind a crazy game from manu as long as we win the game.

VaSpursFan
05-06-2008, 06:21 AM
manu failed miserably with the little ball handling responsibilities last night. start him...sure. sit TP, not smart

DAF86
05-06-2008, 06:23 AM
I can't get used to it.

Tony had 6 good games, some of them incredible. He has carried us against the suns. He was so far one of the best player of the entire PO.

and he had a poor game, and here we are. some stupid and senseless threads about him. Putting him on the bench ?? :bang

We need to play like we use to do.

I don't give a fuck if manu starts or comes of the bench. he'll have his minutes. He needs to use his time well when he's on the court, what he hasn't been able to do so far.

Hope our big 3 will be fine, because we'll need it. and i wouldn't mind a crazy game from manu as long as we win the game.

Don't worry about it, this threads are started by Ginobili's fans that don't care about the spurs as long as he scores more than Tony.

No real spurs fan thinks that Parker'd be benched.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 06:31 AM
:lmao

I never thought this thread would be taken seriously

If anything this team needs to start its best fucking players.
Why do we have to pay because our old guys make our bench a liability,
If Pop doesn't start our big three on Thursday...:bang:bang

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 06:33 AM

how did parker outplay paul?

23, 17 points
5, 4 rebounds
5, 13 assists
1, 4 steals
5, 2 turnovers

i agree that it was close, but the 13 to 5 assists should tell you right there.

DAF86
05-06-2008, 06:45 AM

23, 17 points
5, 4 rebounds
5, 13 assists
1, 4 steals
5, 2 turnovers

Paul put lots of his numbers in garbage time while Tony carried the Spurs through all the game, specially in the third Qtr. when everybody else was playing lousy.

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 06:48 AM
cp closed out game 1 for us, he put it out of reach in the 4th.

DAF86
05-06-2008, 06:50 AM
cp closed out game 1 for us, he put it out of reach in the 4th.

In my opinion the game's already closed by the time Paul started making shots.

kace
05-06-2008, 07:05 AM

23, 17 points
5, 4 rebounds
5, 13 assists
1, 4 steals
5, 2 turnovers

Paul was at 8 pts, 3/12 FG with 3:00 remaining. The game was almost already over. he played till the end, when the spurs were already in garbage mode. He wasn't very good on defense (TP was at 23 pts with 53 % FG). A lot of his assists in that game were very very generously credited to him (there's a very good article about it, i can give you the link if you want).

but Paul was outstanding in G2, as he usually is.

so, Paul, as great as he is, isn't our only concern in this serie.
and i really don't care about this hyped matchup between Tony and him, it's not the main thing. I want the spurs to win.

2slowman
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I think Tony is the key, but like hell you bench him. But he needs to get bloodied in the paint, taking his game to them. He won't win, we won't win as a jump shooting team. No more long jumpers and threes for Tony. I want to see teardrops, free throws, slamming into the floor, even blocked shots and missed shots.

In beating the suns, he kept saying "aggressive, agressive, I gotta be agressive." Its just as true against the Hornets. He's our motor. We need him to challenge the inside defense.

ducks
05-06-2008, 02:13 PM

23, 17 points
5, 4 rebounds
5, 13 assists
1, 4 steals
5, 2 turnovers

it was already pointed out atleast three of those 7 of those assist he got for passing the ball to west and west scoring were not his assist

there was an artcile mentioning it

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Just to clarify this post - TP will come out with fire in his ass on Thursday and will rape them a la Phoenix game 3.