PDA

View Full Version : Spurs placed in unfamiliar situation...

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 02:24 AM
I kind of expected we would lose the 2nd game as well after seeing the way we lost game 1 - even though the Spurs had a 1-pt lead at the half, Tony P. was 0-7 with ZERO assists, Manu had 5 TOs, and the Spurs had just 4 pts in the first 7 min. of the 2nd quarter - The Spurs sucked in offense, and although Barry was 4-5 from 3s, again, it wasn't much the offense (besides the POOR 3-pt shooting!!!) that caused them to lose the game, but the turnovers and the defense - The Spurs played "No Defense" in the 2nd half as they allowed NO Hornets to shoot 58% from 3s (!!!THIS IS YOUR GAME RIGHT THERE), and 48% overall from the field, and we gave 15 TOs leading to a double digit points against us...This is what hurts the most...The Spurs kept NO Hornets to 42 pts at the 1st half, but GAVE AWAY 60 PTS (!!!) in the 2nd half - YOU CANNOT WIN A GAME THAT CLOSE BY ALLOWING 60 PTS in a half - YOU CANNOT ALLOW PEJA TO SCORE 5-five 3-ptrs, it just doesn't work - this is NOT SPURS BASKETBALL...The SPURS DID THE OPPOSITE to what I have suggested before the game - they stopped ONLY D West, but allowed ALL OTHER PLAYERS TO BEAT THEM...My view was to give WEST his points and block all others (as we did to Amare for so many years!)...Paul and Peja scored 55 pts and had 12 asts vs. Tony and Manu scoring ONLY 24 pts plus 10 asts; Tony P. ended up with only 11 pts and 3 asts - he had the "Tim Duncan" type of performance of Game 1 - he appeared NOT 100% on the court as well; MANU IS NOT PLAYING WELL - THIS IS NOT MANU WE KNOW! I am NOT sure whether he is hurting (something) or not 100% recovered or whatever reasons you could GIVE, BUT without MANU giving 100% and scoring his usual 25+ pts in the Playoffs we are not going to beat those guys!!! NO WAY!

NOW WE ARE in "a situation" - "THE MUST WIN games" - NOT ONE, BUT TWO (!!!) - WE HAVE to defend the Home Court - THE SPURS MUST WIN THE NEXT 2 GAMES at Home, otherwise THEY WILL LOSE THE SERIES for SURE!!! No way they would recover from 1-3 deficit if THEY SPLIT THE NEXT 2 HOME GAMES!!! If the Spurs win the next 2 games at home, then we will have a 3-Game series where the Spurs MUST WIN one (1) game at NO in order to advance - I wonder if this would be GAME 7, which MOST LIKELY will be the CASE if the SPURS DEFEND their Home Court and WIN ALL 3 GAMES at the ATT center...

DON'T LOSE THE FAITH YET!

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!!

PS. If the Spurs LOSE THE SERIES, POP has to to rebuild with Young Players and FORGET ABOUT "THIS OLD DONKEY S**T, IT DOESN'T WORK ANY LONGER IN THE NBA...

Unfortunately, if we LOSE, WITHOUT a "TITLE REPEAT", the "dynasty" thing will be highly questionable - although the SPURS won 4 titles in 10 years, IF WE LOSE FROM NO this year, it will be RECORDED THAT WE WERE NEVER ABLE TO REPEAT - AND REMEMBER ONLY THE GREAT TEAMS REPEAT!!! So, I am NOT including today's Detroit Pistons who won only 1 title...It is a reality...Hakeem's 2 CONSECUTIVE titles will ALWAYS appear stronger as a record and performance if the Spurs FAIL this year...Of course, this is ONLY my opinion, any other Spurs Fan can think otherwise, but I personally won't be satisfied if we don't repeat...

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 03:02 AM
I kind of expected we would lose the 2nd game as well after seeing the way we lost game 1 - even though the Spurs had a 1-pt lead at the half, Tony P. was 0-7 with ZERO assists, Manu had 5 TOs, and the Spurs had just 4 pts in the first 7 min. of the 2nd quarter - The Spurs sucked in offense, and although Barry was 4-5 from 3s, again, it wasn't much the offense (besides the POOR 3-pt shooting!!!) that caused them to lose the game, but the turnovers and the defense - The Spurs played "No Defense" in the 2nd half as they allowed NO Hornets to shoot 58% from 3s (!!!THIS IS YOUR GAME RIGHT THERE), and 48% overall from the field, and we gave 15 TOs leading to a double digit points against us...This is what hurts the most...The Spurs kept NO Hornets to 42 pts at the 1st half, but GAVE AWAY 60 PTS (!!!) in the 2nd half - YOU CANNOT WIN A GAME THAT CLOSE BY ALLOWING 60 PTS in a half - YOU CANNOT ALLOW PEJA TO SCORE 5-five 3-ptrs, it just doesn't work - this is NOT SPURS BASKETBALL...The SPURS DID THE OPPOSITE to what I have suggested before the game - they stopped ONLY D West, but allowed ALL OTHER PLAYERS TO BEAT THEM...My view was to give WEST his points and block all others (as we did to Amare for so many years!)...Paul and Peja scored 55 pts and had 12 asts vs. Tony and Manu scoring ONLY 24 pts plus 10 asts; Tony P. ended up with only 11 pts and 3 asts - he had the "Tim Duncan" type of performance of Game 1 - he appeared NOT 100% on the court as well; MANU IS NOT PLAYING WELL - THIS IS NOT MANU WE KNOW! I am NOT sure whether he is hurting (something) or not 100% recovered or whatever reasons you could GIVE, BUT without MANU giving 100% and scoring his usual 25+ pts in the Playoffs we are not going to beat those guys!!! NO WAY!

NOW WE ARE in "a situation" - "THE MUST WIN games" - NOT ONE, BUT TWO (!!!) - WE HAVE to defend the Home Court - THE SPURS MUST WIN THE NEXT 2 GAMES at Home, otherwise THEY WILL LOSE THE SERIES for SURE!!! No way they would recover from 1-3 deficit if THEY SPLIT THE NEXT 2 HOME GAMES!!! If the Spurs win the next 2 games at home, then we will have a 3-Game series where the Spurs MUST WIN one (1) game at NO in order to advance - I wonder if this would be GAME 7, which MOST LIKELY will be the CASE if the SPURS DEFEND their Home Court and WIN ALL 3 GAMES at the ATT center...

DON'T LOSE THE FAITH YET!

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!!

PS. If the Spurs LOSE THE SERIES, POP has to to rebuild with Young Players and FORGET ABOUT "THIS OLD DONKEY S**T, IT DOESN'T WORK ANY LONGER IN THE NBA...

Unfortunately, if we LOSE, WITHOUT a "TITLE REPEAT", the "dynasty" thing will be highly questionable - although the SPURS won 4 titles in 10 years, IF WE LOSE FROM NO this year, it will be RECORDED THAT WE WERE NEVER ABLE TO REPEAT - AND REMEMBER ONLY THE GREAT TEAMS REPEAT!!! So, I am NOT including today's Detroit Pistons who won only 1 title...It is a reality...Hakeem's 2 CONSECUTIVE titles will ALWAYS appear stronger as a record and performance if the Spurs FAIL this year...Of course, this is ONLY my opinion, any other Spurs Fan can think otherwise, but I personally won't be satisfied if we don't repeat...

HAVE FAITH!

Troll_Dynasty
05-06-2008, 03:05 AM
Wgaf

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Wgaf

say what?

Nolazach
05-06-2008, 03:48 AM
I don't think a Dynasty has to repeat. Almost every other year is damn impressive.

We've had a football team for 41 years with no title, The Chicago Cubs haven't won a title in what 90 years. There are things much worse than winning 4 titles in ten years,

Its a dynasty, but its also history. It isn't over.....yet

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 04:32 AM
I don't think a Dynasty has to repeat. Almost every other year is damn impressive.

We've had a football team for 41 years with no title, The Chicago Cubs haven't won a title in what 90 years. There are things much worse than winning 4 titles in ten years,

Well, THANKS for sharing the thoughts...I know it is NOT over yet, however, if the Spurs repeat, it will be just GREAT!!! Story completed 100%!!! I always shoot for the maximum in REAL LIFE!!!
Best,

Dr. Emmett Brown
05-06-2008, 04:47 AM
GREAT ScOTT!

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 07:31 AM
GREAT ScOTT!

???

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 12:36 PM

IF THE SPURS win the next 2 games, they will win the series!

xtremesteven33
05-06-2008, 12:49 PM
IF THE SPURS win the next 2 games, they will win the series!

:married:

Manu_Ginobili
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
:married:

I hope the Spurs win the next 2 games!!!