PDA

View Full Version : Gawd Damn you TimVp....

florige
05-06-2008, 06:53 AM
for being right on about this matchup against these guys. I remember you saying that this was a nightmare matchup in your book, and damned if you were not right. These freakin guys are whupping us. And thats with us shutting down West. Sorry I think that you deserved your props for calling this one!

timvp
05-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks but naw I don't want props on this one. New Orleans was the team I wanted to avoid most in the playoffs ... but I still didn't see them destroying the Spurs like this. Believe me, I'd much rather the Spurs have kicked the Hornets azz and be dead wrong than what is happening :depressed

DAF86
05-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Do you guys think that the Spurs may've underestimate the Hornets? Do you remember Manu saying that N.O could be the least dangerous opponent?

wildbill2u
05-06-2008, 07:09 AM
"Bad matchups" is another way of saying, "Their personnel is better than ours."

florige
05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Do you guys think that the Spurs may've underestimate the Hornets? Do you remember Manu saying that N.O could be the least dangerous opponent?

I doubt it. They gave us pretty thorough ass whuppings twice during the season, once at home. So no, I doubt they underestimated them. They are just a matchup nightmare for us.

SpurYank
05-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I know how bad it looks. If we have the players who can lead after one half, we have the team that can still win this series. A couple of things were in place in NO that made the task of winning there difficult. The major one is that this was a road game. As bad as our Spurs looked these first two games, I've been present at playoff games on the road where they have looked 5 times as bad. Of course, I'm talking about the thorough ass-whipping we got from the Jazz just last year in Salt Lake City. That Spurs team was intimidated to the max. This team is not. They simply are not playing well.

The Suns series took its toll. The 3 days before the next game will help. The fact that the next two games are home games will also help. The Hornets are going to naturally come down to earth and play as they normally do, not as potential NBA champs before their home crowd. That is still in their future. Maybe

Pop isn't throwing in the towel. He's been here before, many times. So have Timmy, Tony, and Manu. I have all the confidence in the world that they will bounce back. In fact, the same momentum that the Hornets have right now could be the same
confidence that the Spurs will have after winning two home games, and possibly by margins that will make the Hornets wonder if they, in fact, will ever get past the second round. They never have.

SpurYank
05-06-2008, 08:42 AM
So enough with the whining. This is a championship team that has never gone undefeated in the playoffs. This year is no different than any other year. We see this same thing every year.

Indazone
05-06-2008, 09:18 AM
How can their personnel be better than the Spurs? What happened to that fighting Spurs team from last year?

boutons_
05-06-2008, 09:41 AM
The inability to come out in the 3rd and keep playing is not age or coaching. It's been happening all season. They have gotten their shit together sometimes to pull it out late in the 3rd and 4th.

Like in 04 vs Lakers, Spurs have serious mental problems, softness, and it starts with Tim. He carries the team, it's his franchise.

Where TF is the manic, determined Tim of first round?

As painful and disgusting as the 2nd halves of Games1,2 have been, I see a cornered bunch of rats taking Games3,4 and resetting the series.

1P1, I have been able to be cynical because I know the shitty (season) Spurs hide the Champion Spurs.

But, I have to be positive now because the I'm wondering if the shitty Spurs is all we have. Are young teams like the Hornets taking over from the Duncan Era?

I'm not convinced the Spurs are shit, except psychologically now, and that the Hornets are unbeatable.

timaios
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
How can their personnel be better than the Spurs? What happened to that fighting Spurs team from last year?

1 year older.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
These games make you want to hit your head against a wall non-stop. Right there have a lead going into the 2nd half and then NO flips a switch and leaves us in the dust. It sucks but i still think we can turn it around. Can they really hold down the big 3 the whole series??? If we made some fucking open shots last night it might have been a different story.

florige
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
These games make you want to hit your head against a wall non-stop. Right there have a lead going into the 2nd half and then NO flips a switch and leaves us in the dust. It sucks but i still think we can turn it around. Can they really hold down the big 3 the whole series??? If we made some fucking open shots last night it might have been a different story.

I'll tell you what, if we do pull out this series and happen to play a fresh Lakers team we will be back to square 1 again. I'm really, really, really hoping we advance.

Believe!!!!:lobt2:

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
for being right on about this matchup against these guys. I remember you saying that this was a nightmare matchup in your book, and damned if you were not right. These freakin guys are whupping us. And thats with us shutting down West. Sorry I think that you deserved your props for calling this one!

Timvp wasn't the only one who said this would be a tough matchup.

florige
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM

Alright Ed, props to you homie. :king I just know it wasn't me.... I was :sleep on the Hornets.

Que Gee
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM

ya, i think if you have been paying half attention this year, you could see this as a possibility from a mile away.