PDA

View Full Version : Stick a Spork in them

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow the cocky Hornets are making the Spurs look like the Mavs. But thats what experience will do for you. Heart of a Champion? Where did that go?:sleep

Maybe you guys should just get over yourselves and your 4 trophies long enough to realize your run is over. Its time to step aside, go out to pasture, ride into the sunset. etc. etc.

Also before you get all these grand ideas that your team is going to get two games back in San Antonio remember they did this to your team in your house this year as well.:lmao

Lakers / Hornets battle of the MVP vs the playoff MVP. cant wait for that one.

Soul_Patch
05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I agree the Spurs look like shit, and are playing worse...but you have done nothing but do what you are supposed to do and hold home court...I think you may be a little premature...i know you guys are used to loosing a lot...and winning two games is a big deal...win one in SA then maybe look past the Spurs.

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey thats cool. Look maybe I sounded harsh and I know there are some good posters on this board and to you well collateral damage I guess. Let me put it this way. If for some strange reason the Spurs came from behind and won this series I would be pulling for you guys against the Lakers. Hopefully you have that same respect for the Hornets if we pull this out.

DarrinS
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Somebody please bump the classic Spork thread.

That should get everyone in a better mood.

Soul_Patch
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Yep, believe me if anyone wins it, id much rather it be you guys than the lakers or mavs or anyone else for that matter.

It is looking bleak for the Spurs right now, they arent playing anywhere close to the caliber we are used to.

So if the Hornets do in fact beat us out of the playoffs this year. ill go out and buy my own "peja on a stick"

I honesty really like the Hornets this year. Chris Paul needs to grow up a bit and act like an allstar as well as play like one, but thats my only gripe.

2easy
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
The Hornets are not scared of or intimidated by the Spurs. That is the main difference. The Spurs try to bully their way through the playoffs every year and the Hornets just aren't having it. They could care less about your 4 trophies, your rings, or your banners. They dont care and they will do to you exactly what they did to Dallas....Dominate. Its pretty sad when Atlanta will have more playoff wins than the Spurs.

Jimcs50
05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
It is over...the series, the title runs, the franchise's dominance.......

:depressed

Hail the new king, the Hornets....good luck to you in the Finals against Detroit.

methionine
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
IF the Spurs end up losing this series, I would not only pull for the Hornets in the West, but the whole fricking thing. I like the way that team operates. Also, I don't want KG and Ray to get any 'ships (if they even make to the Finals). However, don't count out the Spurs just yet. If we can find our range this series will look much different. Byron is using the old Lakers formula for winning (doubling Tim), but that is why the Spurs picked up shooters like Fin and Barry. May be with some home cooking they can find the basket. Good luck!

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Yep, believe me if anyone wins it, id much rather it be you guys than the lakers or mavs or anyone else for that matter.

It is looking bleak for the Spurs right now, they arent playing anywhere close to the caliber we are used to.

So if the Hornets do in fact beat us out of the playoffs this year. ill go out and buy my own "peja on a stick"

I honesty really like the Hornets this year. Chris Paul needs to grow up a bit and act like an allstar as well as play like one, but thats my only gripe.

Paul will grow up. He is still pretty young. The Hornets better give Paul everything he asks for and then double it the next time contracts roll around.

Also they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery well if thats true what do you see when you look at the Hornets? They have modeled themselves in the mold of a Spurs team. They are just a younger version of that model.

Tim Duncan seriously needs more respect than he gets in the greatest ever conversations.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Playoff virgins.

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
IF the Spurs end up losing this series, I would not only pull for the Hornets in the West, but the whole fricking thing. I like the way that team operates. Also, I don't want KG and Ray to get any 'ships (if they even make to the Finals). However, don't count out the Spurs just yet. If we can find our range this series will look much different. Byron is using the old Lakers formula for winning (doubling Tim), but that is why the Spurs picked up shooters like Fin and Barry. May be with some home cooking they can find the basket. Good luck!

What number is Fin? is he #17?

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Playoff virgins.

Sparky we are not playoff virgins if that was supposed to be some kind of insult. And even if it were who enjoys it more than a Virgin ehh?:toast

Dex
You people are funny.

And I don't mean ha ha funny.

TampaDude
What number is Fin? is he #17?

No, #17 is Brent Barry

Finley is #4

hater
05-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Shit if the Spurs lose to hornets I might root for them.

Anybody but the Lakers/Celtics

Teal Street
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I was watching Barry very close in pregame warmups and again when he went in the game. That guy is money so why does he get so few minutes? Is he not playing both ends of the court or something?

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Sparky we are not playoff virgins if that was supposed to be some kind of insult. And even if it were who enjoys it more than a Virgin ehh?:toast

Until you start bleeding.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Soul_Patch
05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I was watching Barry very close in pregame warmups and again when he went in the game. That guy is money so why does he get so few minutes? Is he not playing both ends of the court or something?

My wife and i saying the exact same thing last night...Bench the fuck out of tony parker, he was complete ASS last night, while Barry was money.

Pop seems to stick to whatever plan he had in place beforehand, rather than react to the situation in the moment. I dont really get it either.

hater
05-06-2008, 10:20 AM
yup. sub lineup closed the game to 9 points in the 4th. Then pop put in the starters and lead ballooned to 18

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 10:21 AM

Thats a question I have been asking this whole series.

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
This new territory for me with this team. I have never really questioned their heart. This might be the first time a team actually beats them...

2Cleva
05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
This new territory for me with this team. I have never really questioned their heart. This might be the first time a team actually beats them...

You must not recall the 01 sweep by LA.

Honestly, I'd be disappointed if the Spurs went out to New Orleans. If they do, you gotta say the run is over unless they take a drastic move for more firepower (Vince Carter).

miss paxton
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM

To be fair, the poster may have meant this team, as currently constituted, with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. If one was a Spurs fan and watching in 2001 that sweep is hard to forget.

DarrinS
05-06-2008, 10:54 AM

Honestly, I'd be disappointed if the Spurs went out to New Orleans. If they do, you gotta say the run is over unless they take a drastic move for more firepower (Vince Carter).

LOL at Vince Carter.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 11:01 AM

I think it has more to do with his 3 month layout at the end of the season more than anything.

Looks like he never lost his stroke, but we still never know how much that calf muscle can take. And Barry is far from a Youngun that might heal up better and quicker.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Vince Carter? What the hell are you smoking this morning?

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM

I meant this team. The one with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Not everything is about the Lakers like you want to believe....

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
To be fair, the poster may have meant this team, as currently constituted, with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. If one was a Spurs fan and watching in 2001 that sweep is hard to forget.

I was fan and yes it is very hard to forget.

SenorSpur
05-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Because Pop keeps banking on Finley to resurrect from his dismal shooting slump. Only thing is, there aint much time for that now. He needs to give Barry significant minutes. He's shooting well, he opens the floor with his passing and is an overall intelligent player.

SenorSpur
05-06-2008, 11:20 AM

Me too. If the Spurs go on to lose this series, I would root for them all the way. I like their team, their energy and the way they fly around. I also like the manner in which they've built it.

Spurs management should consider this as a mandate in the benefit of having a better mix of age, experience, youth and energy on their roster versus the perennial "oldest team in the league" philosophy. It's been successful thus far, but we knew someday the skill limitations would catch up to them.

mexicanjunior
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Its pretty sad when Atlanta will have more playoff wins than the Spurs.

How is that possible? The Hawks are done with 3...the Spurs already have 4...