PDA

View Full Version : A Hornets' fans take so far in this series:

roturn
05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I love the hatred for the Hornets from you guys. For the past week I have heard the following arguments from you Spurs’ fans about this series.

1. The regular season didn’t count; the two big wins by the Hornets were a fluke.
2. The Hornets aren’t ready to beat a championship team in the playoffs.
3. The Spurs played bad in the first game and they won’t let it happen again.
4. Hornets’ fans are cocky and delusional about their team because we have never been to this point. We are getting ahead of ourselves just because we beat you at home in game 1.
5. Byron Scott is an ok coach who been lucky so far.
6. The Hornets are a mentally weak team and will implode at the first of adversity.

Do you see the progression of your ignorance? You folks are reaching for something that is not there. Here are the facts:

1. The Hornets match up well against the Spurs. We are very similar in our approach to the game. Except we are a better shooting team from the outside this series.
2. The Hornets have a wealth of playoff experience, it is called Byron Scott. 3 rings as a player, two finals as a coach. Plus CP3 is dynamic, it does not matter that he has not been here before.
3. The Spurs have been outplayed and out coached up to this point.
4. Hornets fans believe and we are confident. We are no cockier that you guys. It seems like you guys are suffering from being delusional at this point. We believe in this team, we have enough basketball knowledge in our short existence to know we are a good team, with a good chance of beating you guys in this series, even more now that we are up 2-0 with an 18.5 point margin of victory average. Yes 18.5, but you guys know that, you can add and divide like the best of NBA fans.
5. Bryon Scott is good coach, who knows his place. His staff has done a great job in the first two games.
6. The Spurs are the ones that have shown the cracks in the mental armor this series. The look on Duncan’s face after he missed both free throws in game 1. The blank stare he had in at the end of game two. The frustration on Bowen’s face. The lack of any emotion from Ms. Parker in the first to games. And did you see your coach’s press conference last night. He seemed to be in disbelief.

I am curious to see what happens on Thursday in S.A. You guys will need to come to play in game 3. I am not sure if you feel the pressure, but I have a feeling your team and fans are getting a little concerned. I know I would be worried if my team got beat by 19 and 18 points in the first two games of a series. I think the Hornets will be better prepared for the game 3 of this series than they were for game 3 of the Mavs series. They are learning as they go.

We have held court convincingly, now it is your turn to do the same. Otherwise this series is over and you guys know that since you are so experienced at this playoff thing…

Hook Dem
05-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I love the hatred for the Hornets from you guys. For the past week I have heard the following arguments from you Spurs’ fans about this series.

1. The regular season didn’t count; the two big wins by the Hornets were a fluke.
2. The Hornets aren’t ready to beat a championship team in the playoffs.
3. The Spurs played bad in the first game and they won’t let it happen again.
4. Hornets’ fans are cocky and delusional about their team because we have never been to this point. We are getting ahead of ourselves just because we beat you at home in game 1.
5. Byron Scott is an ok coach who been lucky so far.
6. The Hornets are a mentally weak team and will implode at the first of adversity.

Do you see the progression of your ignorance? You folks are reaching for something that is not there. Here are the facts:

1. The Hornets match up well against the Spurs. We are very similar in our approach to the game. Except we are a better shooting team from the outside this series.
2. The Hornets have a wealth of playoff experience, it is called Byron Scott. 3 rings as a player, two finals as a coach. Plus CP3 is dynamic, it does not matter that he has not been here before.
3. The Spurs have been outplayed and out coached up to this point.
4. Hornets fans believe and we are confident. We are no cockier that you guys. It seems like you guys are suffering from being delusional at this point. We believe in this team, we have enough basketball knowledge in our short existence to know we are a good team, with a good chance of beating you guys in this series, even more now that we are up 2-0 with an 18.5 point margin of victory average. Yes 18.5, but you guys know that, you can add and divide like the best of NBA fans.
5. Bryon Scott is good coach, who knows his place. His staff has done a great job in the first two games.
6. The Spurs are the ones that have shown the cracks in the mental armor this series. The look on Duncan’s face after he missed both free throws in game 1. The blank stare he had in at the end of game two. The frustration on Bowen’s face. The lack of any emotion from Ms. Parker in the first to games. And did you see your coach’s press conference last night. He seemed to be in disbelief.

I am curious to see what happens on Thursday in S.A. You guys will need to come to play in game 3. I am not sure if you feel the pressure, but I have a feeling your team and fans are getting a little concerned. I know I would be worried if my team got beat by 19 and 18 points in the first two games of a series. I think the Hornets will be better prepared for the game 3 of this series than they were for game 3 of the Mavs series. They are learning as they go.

We have held court convincingly, now it is your turn to do the same. Otherwise this series is over and you guys know that since you are so experienced at this playoff thing…

Can't argue with anything you have said!

Soul_Patch
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Im guessing you are looking for some recognition?

In that case...

here is your gold star

http://bksschoolhouse.com/cart-imgs/prod13608_lg.jpg

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I believe you have way too much time on your hands.

Cry Havoc
The regular season didn't count.

The last two games did, however.

But we ARE playing some horrible ball right now. I think we're on a big letdown emotionally from the Suns series.

roturn
Im guessing you are looking for some recognition?

In that case...

here is your gold star

http://bksschoolhouse.com/cart-imgs/prod13608_lg.jpg

Just looking for a good discussion...isn't that what we are here for?

bdictjames
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Props to you and your organization. Hopefully the Spurs can work their asses off and tie this series.

roturn
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
The regular season didn't count.

The last two games did, however.

But we ARE playing some horrible ball right now. I think we're on a big letdown emotionally from the Suns series.

The regualr season did count for us. We needed it for our confidence.

And I am suprised by the poor shooting from the outside by the Spurs this series. I thouhg Ginobilli was your Peja. He seems to be driving the ball more that shooting from the outside.

Being able to shoot from the outside would help free the lane. What players can Pop put in to get you guys a spark from the outside?

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM

No you're not, you are here to troll and most of your initial post proves it.

If you were truly here for "good discussion" you would not have stereotyped the entire Spurs fanbase as having "hatred" Quite a few fans on this site have been respectful, complementary and good hosts. A point that you chose to ignore.

SAGambler
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM

Well, probably not a whole lot more to be said. This series has been cussed and discussed to death. Nothing to do now but wait for game 3 and see if the Spurs are going to make a series out of this thing.

BTW, I pretty much agree with most of what you posted.

roturn
05-06-2008, 10:47 AM
No you're not, you are here to troll and most of your initial post proves it.

If you were truly here for "good discussion" you would not have stereotyped the entire Spurs fanbase as having "hatred" Quite a few fans on this site have been respectful, complementary and good hosts. A point that you chose to ignore.

I really don't know what the term troll means...

Do I talk shit? yes

Can i have a civil discussion? yes

Have I seen the post that say F the Hornets and CP3 is a punk? yes

Not trying to genralize, just taking an opinion out of what I see.

Besides I am bored as hell at work right now...

HornetsDynasty
05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
No surprises here. Hornets are just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I really don't know what the term troll means...

Do I talk shit? yes

Can i have a civil discussion? yes

Have I seen the post that say F the Hornets and CP3 is a punk? yes

Not trying to genralize, just taking an opinion out of what I see.

Besides I am bored as hell at work right now...

For someone who is not trying to generalize, you are doing a hell of a job.
I don't deny that some Spurs fans have done exactly what you have described and those fans deserve any shit they get, what you purposely chose to ignore is that the majority of the fans here have been pretty cool about the Hornets and most of their fans who post here.

You say you can have a civil, basketball discussion? I'm all for that, so let's see it.

1usamotorsports.com
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Can u send me a hornets jersey?

DarrinS
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Hatred? You don't earn our hatred until we've played you at least two or three times in the playoffs.

HornetsDynasty
05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
The Spurs are a fluke team with fluke championships. They only won those titles because all their shots went in.

DarrinS
05-06-2008, 10:53 AM
The Spurs are a fluke team with fluke championships. They only won those titles because all their shots went in.

That's some weak-ass trollage, dude. You need to step up your game.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 10:57 AM

That is as good as his game gets.

HornetsDynasty
05-06-2008, 10:59 AM

Maybe your team should step theirs up.

Hornets > Spurs.

roturn
05-06-2008, 11:01 AM
For someone who is not trying to generalize, you are doing a hell of a job.
I don't deny that some Spurs fans have done exactly what you have described and those fans deserve any shit they get, what you purposely chose to ignore is that the majority of the fans here have been pretty cool about the Hornets and most of their fans who post here.

You say you can have a civil, basketball discussion? I'm all for that, so let's see it.

Ok, you obviously feel I have ignored the majority of the opinions on this website and just picked out the ones I can use in my argument. I can admit, I am a little biased when it comes to choosing my points and the posts that support them.

So, let’s look at the first half on the second game, which has been the closest of any half thus far. The reporters made a point to say the Spurs got everything they needed to improve on from the first game.

1. Slow D-West
2. Hustle more
3. Get offensive rebounds
4. Get more points in the paint, particularly Duncan.

Yes, you did not shoot very well at all, but the Hornets defense had something to do with that. We did not shoot well either. But you were only up by 1.

What needs to change in game 3? The Spurs are good half court team, that can is effective in transition. This is evident by the Suns series. What has prevented them from pushing the ball up the court in this series?

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-06-2008, 11:05 AM
The Hornets haven't faced any adversity yet so the jury is still out on that one. The Spurs haven't played Spurs basketball to this point in the series.

Unfortunately I don't think the Hornet reach the Finals, even if they manage to get by the Spurs......which is too bad because I hate the idea of Boston or LA winning the championship. LA wins the matchup battle with NO, and so does Boston or Detroit.

So, I guess I'll just keep on cheering for the Spurs...it's not over until the phat lady sings after all.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok, you obviously feel I have ignored the majority of the opinions on this website and just picked out the ones I can use in my argument. I can admit, I am a little biased when it comes to choosing my points and the posts that support them.

So, let’s look at the first half on the second game, which has been the closest of any half thus far. The reporters made a point to say the Spurs got everything they needed to improve on from the first game.

1. Slow D-West
2. Hustle more
3. Get offensive rebounds
4. Get more points in the paint, particularly Duncan.

Yes, you did not shoot very well at all, but the Hornets defense had something to do with that. We did not shoot well either. But you were only up by 1.

What needs to change in game 3? The Spurs are good half court team, that can is effective in transition. This is evident by the Suns series. What has prevented them from pushing the ball up the court in this series?

All valid points, although the "we" and "you" thing is a little bush league IMO but that is a personal pet peeve.

Scott and the Hornets have done everything possible to get SA out of their game. Someone mentioned it in a previous thread that it looks a lot like what the Lakers did in 04. The Spurs have become tentative and unsure of themselves and it almost looks like they were just happy to get past Phoenix. What they have to do in the next game is first off, don't think of it as "We're down 0-2, we need to get all these games" get Game 3 first. They have to be aggressive in going to the basket. I'm not saying pass up every open jumper but you cannot rely on those alone. Take open jumpers but you also have to penetrate. They did a better job of establishing Duncan and that needs to continue. The Spurs are down and not out. To say that NO cannot close this out would be foolish, to say the Spurs have absolutely no shot to still take the series is equally foolish.

Pistons < Spurs
05-06-2008, 11:13 AM

I think you are GREATLY under-rating the value of post season experience. Yes it's great that the coach is a 'been there, done that' guy with a stack of rings. But at the end of the day, when your backs are against the wall, that's not going to do the players a heck of a lot to get the team over the hump.

The fact is that you haven't yet had to face adversity. The Mavs weren't a very good team. They never presented you with a problem you needed to overcome.

Matchups are in your favor this series. The Spurs may not be able to keep up. And to be honest, I haven't yet seen the Spurs play to the level that I'm used to seeing them play. The Hornets, naturally have a lot to do with that, but I still believe we'll see the Spurs wake up from this fog they're currently in.

But what happens if the Spurs win the next 2? Does the momentum shift to their side? Is that little tilt enough for them to win Game 5 on the road? That's when playoff experience or lack thereof will start to show.

You may get through the Spurs again without having to face that adversity, but what happens when you come against the Lakers? You won't have all the favorable matchups like you currently do. You'll be facing a team that's able to run better with you, that has better outside shooting, and never lacks a scoring threat. I easily see the Lakers beating the Hornets. And playoff experience will rear it's ugly head, and beat you.

And who knows you might make it all the way. If so, kudos to you all. But I'd love to see my Pistons (hoping, not assuming, that they make it) face the Hornets in the Finals, as I see them as the easiest opponent.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
One thing's for certain. After the Spurs hold serve in SA most of these zero content trolls will disappear.

roturn
05-06-2008, 11:38 AM
All valid points, although the "we" and "you" thing is a little bush league IMO but that is a personal pet peeve.

Scott and the Hornets have done everything possible to get SA out of their game. Someone mentioned it in a previous thread that it looks a lot like what the Lakers did in 04. The Spurs have become tentative and unsure of themselves and it almost looks like they were just happy to get past Phoenix. What they have to do in the next game is first off, don't think of it as "We're down 0-2, we need to get all these games" get Game 3 first. They have to be aggressive in going to the basket. I'm not saying pass up every open jumper but you cannot rely on those alone. Take open jumpers but you also have to penetrate. They did a better job of establishing Duncan and that needs to continue. The Spurs are down and not out. To say that NO cannot close this out would be foolish, to say the Spurs have absolutely no shot to still take the series is equally foolish.

I agree with the Spurs not being very aggressive in getting to the lane. I would have figured they would be attacking, just like the Mavs did in the first few games of thier series with the Hornets. The ability to get to the line and possibly get the Chandler in foul trouble would be an effective strategy. The Jazz did that against us and it worked.

But I also see the Hornets doing a good job of switching and collapsing the lane and forcing the Spurs to shoot jumpers.

Didn't mean to offend you with the you and us terminolgy. It is just the way I speak. I am refer to the Hornets as we, because by habit, so I refer to every other team in the first person as well.

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree with the Spurs not being very agressive in getting to the lane. I would have figured they would be attacking, just like the MAvs did in the first few games of thier series with the Hornets. The ability to get to the liner and possibly get the Chandler in foul trouble would be an effective strategy. The Jazz did that against us and it worked.

But I also see the Hornets doing a good job of switching and collapsing the lane and forcing the Spurs to shoot jumpers.

Didn't mean to offend you with the you and us terminolgy. It is just the way I speak. I am refer to the Hornets as we, because by habit, so I refer to every other team in the first person as well.

You didn't offend me, it just a pet peeve I have when people do that...even my fellow Spurs fans. :bang
:lol

roturn
05-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I think you are GREATLY under-rating the value of post season experience. Yes it's great that the coach is a 'been there, done that' guy with a stack of rings. But at the end of the day, when your backs are against the wall, that's not going to do the players a heck of a lot to get the team over the hump.

The fact is that you haven't yet had to face adversity. The Mavs weren't a very good team. They never presented you with a problem you needed to overcome.

Matchups are in your favor this series. The Spurs may not be able to keep up. And to be honest, I haven't yet seen the Spurs play to the level that I'm used to seeing them play. The Hornets, naturally have a lot to do with that, but I still believe we'll see the Spurs wake up from this fog they're currently in.

But what happens if the Spurs win the next 2? Does the momentum shift to their side? Is that little tilt enough for them to win Game 5 on the road? That's when playoff experience or lack thereof will start to show.

You may get through the Spurs again without having to face that adversity, but what happens when you come against the Lakers? You won't have all the favorable matchups like you currently do. You'll be facing a team that's able to run better with you, that has better outside shooting, and never lacks a scoring threat. I easily see the Lakers beating the Hornets. And playoff experience will rear it's ugly head, and beat you.

And who knows you might make it all the way. If so, kudos to you all. But I'd love to see my Pistons (hoping, not assuming, that they make it) face the Hornets in the Finals, as I see them as the easiest opponent.

I agree we have not faced playoff adversity the same way you guys have. But I do think the Byron Scott has tried to simulate the playoff atmosphere and the types of situations that might arise in the playoffs during the regular season. At this point the Hornets players are saying the right things.

As for the Lakers, I don't care about them untill the Hornets are matched up against them. Right now is game 3 in S.A. I would like to see a couple of good games in S.A. It would be interesting to see how each team would react if the series went back to New Orleans tied at 2. Although possible, reason tells me the Hornets will take 1 of 2 in S.A.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM

Thought that was the point to make shots, or what's your idea of basketball?

GeorgeShinnLooms
05-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Thought that was the point to make shots, or what's your idea of basketball?

Don't worry. You won't have to listen to Hornets fans for much longer. Due to their inability to purchase tickets during the season for a team that won it's division, I"ll parlay the championship that we win this year (and that I'm largely responsible for) into a big deal in Seattle where I'll get a new stadium. I sure will miss those po-boys.

michaelwcho
05-06-2008, 12:45 PM

Your post comes more off as a fishing expedition than the first round of a discussion. Commenting on the fans' delusional behavior is simply not going to engender too many non-emotional responses. However, I will do that:

The Hornets clearly appear to be the superior team. The margin of their victories in the 4 they have won are spectacular. Watching the two playoff games, they simply seem faster, sharper, and more skilled; led by the incredible play of their floor general.

So you wonder why Spurs fans would still believe in their team? There is the matter of 4 rings, and having perhaps the best PF in history on their team, as well as spectacular players in Ginobili and Parker, who are also unmatched in their particular skills. We also have Popovich, who has consistently outcoached contender aften contender.

Also, we have watched the Spurs lose ugly before, to the Suns, the Lakers, and Pistons. Yet those teams fell away, and we were still standing. So, it's not irrational to look past what we see on the court and fall back on what has occurred over the course of the last 10 years. We all know that the worst team can beat the best team once, even twice. Look at Boston and Atlanta!

Another thing is that the level of play of the Hornets is unsustainable. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they are playing like a 70 win team that swept us in the regular season, but that's not the case. They aren't the 92 Bulls. Also, the Spurs are missing a lot of open looks--Byron Scott in no genius for double teaming TD and letting career 3-point shooters have open looks! He tried it, it's working, so why change? It's basic strategy, and nothing to hang your hat on.

The Spurs can buy a basket; and of course part of that is the D, but part of it is just we're cold right now. The Hornets are not the 92 Bulls or the 05 Pistons on D; otherwise they would have won 70 games. It should be fairly obvious that the Hornets are on a monster high and the Spurs on a low.

So, given these factors, it's not unreasonable at all for Spurs fans to remain hopeful we can still win the series. We have a track record you see, and .500 hitters eventually fall back to Earth. I am not predicting we win, because I think you guys have "it" this year (and maybe will continue to over the years), but I would be surprised if we don't at least come storming back and make a series of it. Then mental composure and experience will come into play.

I would certainly enjoy watching West and Stoyakavich crack, once that happens; and it would be nice to see CP's cockiness get taken down a notch. If not us, I'd guess the Lakers would be able to provide that lesson.

hive_attack
05-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Anytime a spurs fan gets owned in a discussion, it is instantly trolling. roturn earns a :tu

roturn
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Your post comes more off as a fishing expedition than the first round of a discussion. Commenting on the fans' delusional behavior is simply not going to engender too many non-emotional responses. However, I will do that:

The Hornets clearly appear to be the superior team. The margin of their victories in the 4 they have won are spectacular. Watching the two playoff games, they simply seem faster, sharper, and more skilled; led by the incredible play of their floor general.

So you wonder why Spurs fans would still believe in their team? There is the matter of 4 rings, and having perhaps the best PF in history on their team, as well as spectacular players in Ginobili and Parker, who are also unmatched in their particular skills. We also have Popovich, who has consistently outcoached contender aften contender.

Also, we have watched the Spurs lose ugly before, to the Suns, the Lakers, and Pistons. Yet those teams fell away, and we were still standing. So, it's not irrational to look past what we see on the court and fall back on what has occurred over the course of the last 10 years. We all know that the worst team can beat the best team once, even twice. Look at Boston and Atlanta!

Another thing is that the level of play of the Hornets is unsustainable. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they are playing like a 70 win team that swept us in the regular season, but that's not the case. They aren't the 92 Bulls. Also, the Spurs are missing a lot of open looks--Byron Scott in no genius for double teaming TD and letting career 3-point shooters have open looks! He tried it, it's working, so why change? It's basic strategy, and nothing to hang your hat on.

The Spurs can buy a basket; and of course part of that is the D, but part of it is just we're cold right now. The Hornets are not the 92 Bulls or the 05 Pistons on D; otherwise they would have won 70 games. It should be fairly obvious that the Hornets are on a monster high and the Spurs on a low.

So, given these factors, it's not unreasonable at all for Spurs fans to remain hopeful we can still win the series. We have a track record you see, and .500 hitters eventually fall back to Earth. I am not predicting we win, because I think you guys have "it" this year (and maybe will continue to over the years), but I would be surprised if we don't at least come storming back and make a series of it. Then mental composure and experience will come into play.

I would certainly enjoy watching West and Stoyakavich crack, once that happens; and it would be nice to see CP's cockiness get taken down a notch. If not us, I'd guess the Lakers would be able to provide that lesson.

Your right, I am fishing for some feedback. But the only reason I commented on the Spurs fan's behavior is based on previous threads I have before game 2. I figured someone had something better to say than, the Spurs are just playing bad and the Hornets are just getting lucky.

I have no problem with Spurs fan's believing in their team, as you should. You have the precedence to do so. But I have heard several Spurs fans knocking the confidence the Hornets fans have in our team. Using terms like cocky, foolish and newbies. And so yes that does piss me off a bit. Shouldn’t we be allowed to believe in our team as well? Didn’t Spurs fan have some blind faith when they were making their first championship run?

Yes, the worst team can beat the best team, but how often do they win the series. I don’t care who has beaten the Spurs in the past 10 years. All I care about is the next game in this series.

I do believe the Spurs have missed several open shots beyond 15 feet, particularly in the first halves of each game. But outside of Ginobilli, who on the Spurs team is a solid jump shooter? I believe this is by design. Byron Scott is playing the percentages that the Spurs won’t shoot well from the outside. It has worked so far. The defense has been key, keeping the Spurs about 13 points below what we usually give up. But then again, the Spurs are not a very high scoring team.

As for the Hornets scoring, we are averaging close to our regular season average. We are not doing anything spectacular. Peja and Mo-Pete have been shooting the ball very well for the Hornets from the outside. This is key, it really creates space on the court for CP3.

Finally, what makes you so certain we will crack? Did the Spurs crack when they won their first? Obviously not. There is this underlying assumption by Spurs that some where in the series; the Hornets will break down mentally for good. This is what the entire league has been waiting for since January. It still has not happen. Maybe we just to naïve to understand the magnitude of the playoffs. Maybe Byron Scott won’t allowed them to look at the big picture, keeping them focused on each play, then quarter, then game, then series. Maybe this team has the focused that is needed. I don’t know, but we will find out.

michaelwcho
05-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Shouldn’t we be allowed to believe in our team as well? Didn’t Spurs fan have some blind faith when they were making their first championship run?

But outside of Ginobilli, who on the Spurs team is a solid jump shooter?

Byron Scott is playing the percentages that the Spurs won’t shoot well from the outside. It has worked so far.

keeping the Spurs about 13 points below what we usually give up. But then again, the Spurs are not a very high scoring team.

1. Of course you should believe. But a lot of your guys have been very unpleasant, coming here to talk trash instead of b-ball. There is a difference, and you know it.

2. Ginobili, Bowen, Barry, and Finley are all proven 3point marksmen. The latter 3 players' main function is to shoot off Timmy double teams. So, no, the Spurs' struggles here are anomolous and really shouldn't be attributed to Scott's genius (although why should you change if it's working?).

3. Keeping a championship team 13 points below your average is textbook "playing above your head". Enjoy it while it lasts--I know I would! :)

roturn
05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
1. Of course you should believe. But a lot of your guys have been very unpleasant, coming here to talk trash instead of b-ball. There is a difference, and you know it.

2. Ginobili, Bowen, Barry, and Finley are all proven 3point marksmen. The latter 3 players' main function is to shoot off Timmy double teams. So, no, the Spurs' struggles here are anomolous and really shouldn't be attributed to Scott's genius (although why should you change if it's working?).

3. Keeping a championship team 13 points below your average is textbook "playing above your head". Enjoy it while it lasts--I know I would! :)

Bowen averaged 0.8 points against a poorus Suns defense. What makes you so certain he can shoot much better this series. He has been cold the last three halves.

Barry is defensive liability. Do you really want him guarding Bonzi Wells or Peja for an extended period of time?

Finely has not impressed me, plus I rarely see the him and Ginobili on the court at the same time.

I would not attribute the defense to Scott's genius, I would attribute it to his coaching staff's competitence.

BTW - The Hornets are only keeping the Spurs 5.5 point below what they average against the Hornets in the regular season. That is not the big of a desparity and might be able to say it is closer to the norm and not playing above their heads.

ducks
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I would like to know where you were before the playoffs
I was looking for hornet fans then and no one posted

DDS4
05-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in Byron Scott's "playoff" experience.

The Spurs after all did beat Scott's NJ Nets team in the finals in '03. He pulled the same stunt pulling out his championship rings for Kidd and the Nets to see. A lot of good that did.

Again, the Hornets have played well in the first two games. They held homecourt.

Now it's our turn.

Kermit
05-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Let's not compare the 2003 Nets with the 2008 Hornets.

roturn
05-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I would like to know where you were before the playoffs
I was looking for hornet fans then and no one posted

On Hornetsreport.com

I have not missed a home game since the storm, including the piss poor excuse for a home game in Baton Rouge. I have supported this team since they moved here.

I know what type of fan I am. I have 18,000 witnesses (finally) that can attest to my loyalty. I am the one driving the wagon and it is not full yet.

I will admit, this is only the second forum I have visited for another team. The only other one was the Rockets, becasue fuck T-Mac and Alston, they are a bunch of bitches that had no place syaing what they said about New Orleans during the Vegas all-star game.

implacable44
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I am curious to see if the Hornets are that good -- Game 3 will answer that question. Either the Hornets are that darn good or the Spurs are just playing that darn bad. They are passing up open shots, missing open shots - Parker is looking like a 35-year old PG. Bottom line is Parker needs to match up with Paul -- Bowen with Peja - Duncan with West. Best player on best player by position. Hopefully coming home will right the wrongs we all saw in New Orleans -- also it wouldn't hurt to knock Paul on his butt like the Lakers did back in 2004 to PArker -- take him out of his game and make him think twice about going to the hole and or flopping like he has been. Right now he is in a zone - he can go wherever he wants - whenever he wants.

If the Spurs can't pull it together rest assured that bastage -- the black mamba will put an end to all this New Orleans nonsense. Besides - David Stern has already rigged this season - it will be a Lakers - Celtics finals.

roturn
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in Byron Scott's "playoff" experience.

The Spurs after all did beat Scott's NJ Nets team in the finals in '03. He pulled the same stunt pulling out his championship rings for Kidd and the Nets to see. A lot of good that did.

Again, the Hornets have played well in the first two games. They held homecourt.

Now it's our turn.

Spus had HCA and split with the Spurs. So how is this series similar?

Kermit
05-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I will admit, this is only the second forum I have visited for another team. The only other one was the Rockets, becasue fuck T-Mac and Alston, they are a bunch of bitches that had no place syaing what they said about New Orleans during the Vegas all-star game.

He had safety concerns. I'm sure everyone did after the Vegas debacle, but the game was a resounding success. You can't blame him for being a little worried.

roturn
05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
He had safety concerns. I'm sure everyone did after the Vegas debacle, but the game was a resounding success. You can't blame him for being a little worried.

Yes I can, he was poorly informed and shed a poor light on a city that didn't need it.

He needs to shut up and play basketball. At no point were there nay safety concerns for the NBA players in Vegas and there was no reason for him to make a comment about New Orleans.

But anyway, I will not harp on this...I am over it. For the most part.

But fuck T-Mac and Alston.

oski1000
05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Hornets team is great.....but Hornet´s fans sucks!!!:bang:bang

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
You started pretty decent but stopped reading when you used the word "we"

Brutalis
05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
This thread is doomed for bumpage in a week.