PDA

View Full Version : for hornet fans...we have been there

coachmac87
05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/series?series=lalsas

spurs had a series with the lakers in 2004 playoffs....and to me it looks reall similar to what is happening now.

the lakers could not stop the spurs penetration in the first 2 games. tony parker just owned payton. i mean owned him. spurs just looked younger and quicker than the lakers. and at the time not sure if they had the oldest team but they did have( malone and payton in their starting lineup)

the first 2 games had everybody on the spurs bandwagon! even ESPN calling the lakers too old and they have absolutuley no answer for tony parker...and if the lakers didnt change anything a sweep was a strong possibility.

Lakers made adjustments.....and blew the spurs out in game 3.

not sayin the spurs are going to blow out the hornets...but i expect the best game out of the spurs.

but jackson and pop shared somethin in common in the series. jackson didnt really make adjustments after game 1. he had confidence that his players would adjust and step up their game. they didnt.....parker and manu ripped em again.

Pop to me didnt make big if any adjustments.....those will come on game 3.

so dont be surprised hornet fans if ur team is heading back home with a 2-2 tie. and a game 5 that u must win to survive.....spurs lost with .4

and then lakers closed out in 6 at home...the momentum took a crazy turn in that series!

i expect the same in this one

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
It's time for our comeback series win, even if it is a fluke!

Kobe24Forever
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM

spurs had a series with the lakers in 2004 playoffs....and to me it looks reall similar to what is happening now.

the lakers could not stop the spurs penetration in the first 2 games. tony parker just owned payton. i mean owned him. spurs just looked younger and quicker than the lakers. and at the time not sure if they had the oldest team but they did have( malone and payton in their starting lineup)

the first 2 games had everybody on the spurs bandwagon! even ESPN calling the lakers too old and they have absolutuley no answer for tony parker...and if the lakers didnt change anything a sweep was a strong possibility.

not sayin the spurs are going to blow out the hornets...but i expect the best game out of the spurs.

but jackson and pop shared somethin in common in the series. jackson didnt really make adjustments after game 1. he had confidence that his players would adjust and step up their game. they didnt.....parker and manu ripped em again.

so dont be surprised hornet fans if ur team is heading back home with a 2-2 tie. and a game 5 that u must win to survive.....spurs lost with .4

and then lakers closed out in 6 at home...the momentum took a crazy turn in that series!

all this article told me is how the spurs have lost a 2-0 lead instead of reversing it, lets not forget the 2004 lakers were a superior team to the spurs, it was not an upset at all.

coachmac87
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
all this article told me is how the spurs have lost a 2-0 lead instead of reversing it, lets not forget the 2004 lakers were a superior team to the spurs, it was not an upset at all.

o really superior??? how we were the defending champs!

had the homecourt so means had a better record in the regular season...

u had team that was put together in one season...how was the championship that year?

Kobe24Forever
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
o really superior??? how we were the defending champs!

had the homecourt so means had a better record in the regular season...

u had team that was put together in one season...how was the championship that year?

how were you the defending champs in 2004? Go read up on ur limited history.

florige
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM

Start Manu, Bowen on Peja, Finley Bench, Barry 25+ Adjustments made.

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Laker fans have always been the most dillusional fans of all.

coachmac87
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM

cause we beat the nets in 03

samikeyp
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM

The Spurs won the championship in the 2002-2003 NBA Season, therefore in the 2003-2004 season, they were the defending champions.

mexicanjunior
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Ummm...did the Spurs not beat the Nets in 6 games in the 2003 Finals? 2004 would logically mean we were defending champs from the year before right?

coachmac87
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM

dude u dont remember...we made yall cry in 03 after knockin yall out...then we went to beat the nets in the finals

won our 2nd championship...then yall signed the malone and payton to get ur title back...didnt work and it destroyed the laker fracnchise unitl this past year

god laker fans have no memory

beachwood
05-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Start Manu, Bowen on Peja, Finley Bench, Barry 25+ Adjustments made.

I think Manu should guard CP. Bowen on Peja and let MoPete get his against Parker.

gasolina
05-06-2008, 02:10 PM
1999-SPURS
2000-Lakers
2001-Lakers
2002-Lakers
2003-SPURS
2004-Pistons
2005-SPURS
2006-Heat
2007-SPURS

Medvedenko
05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
The Spurs don't have a guy named Kobe on their team.

themvp
05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
The Spurs don't have a guy named Kobe on their team.

And we are happy about it :toast

Jacob
05-06-2008, 04:22 PM

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/802/duncegi8.gif

TampaDude
05-06-2008, 04:24 PM

Actually, maybe you should read up on history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Finals

:hat

CubanSucks
05-06-2008, 04:35 PM

RETARD ALERT

:idiot

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I just wanted to know if someone could clear this up for me: were the Spurs the defending champions when the 2004 NBA Playoffs started?

Thanks in advance!!

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2008, 05:48 PM

I don't think they were superior. They had lots of luck in that pivotal .4 game. Had the SPurs won that one, they would have probably win it all that year.

I remember everybody in 2005 was saying that the Pistons-Spurs final shold have been the previous' year final as well. The Spurs were the defending champions in 2004.

You would need to check your facts before getting openly and utterly owned in here.

DazedAndConfused
05-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Right before Fisher hit his shot Duncan hit a miracle fadeaway at the top of the key with Shaq right in his grill to give the Spurs the lead. In fact I think the degree of difficulty on that shot was way higher than the one Fisher took afterwards. Both teams hit some lucky ass shots at the end of the game.

You don't lose 4 straight games if you are the better team. Face it, once the Lakers figured out how to stop Parker the series was over.