PDA

View Full Version : Cuban on JK trade, Mavs future

Evan
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
So back to the trade deadline. We went back and forth about whether or not we should trade Devin. We knew he was a good point guard, with the potential to be amazing.

What we didn't know was how long that would take. On one hand, we didn't have enough confidence in him to let him call his own plays, but on the other, he is a one man fast break, his shooting was improving by the minute, he is a good defender and his potential was undeniable. In Jason Kidd, we felt we would get a player that would make ti easier for Dirk, Josh, Jet to get open shots. That Avery would no longer have to scream to push the ball, that JK was the best in the business at pushing the ball in the open court. Plus, our rebounding had suffered this year vs last, JKidd is a great rebounder and the presses that had caused us problems, would no longer be a problem.

None of the other guys in the initial versions of trade were playing much at the time, other than Stack.

It wasn't an easy call. Between AJ, Donnie and I, we would change our minds by the minute. I don't think there is any doubt that the pressure and closeness of the Western Conference race had something to do with our decision making process. In my mind, this season was becoming analogous to the most agonizing season I had been through, the 04-05 season. We were having the same home vs road record delta, multiple players asking to be traded and even more internal tension about our lack of consistent performance than we had in 04-05.

But the current year wasn't really my personal deciding factor. Looking at our future cap structure was. In doing a deal for JKidd, we created a situation where Devin, Mo Ager, Hass and what we would have paid Ghana would no longer be on our cap. Which put us in a position for the future that I looked at as follows:

2008-9 We have a full training camp with a very motivated JKidd, the rest of our starters back, an improving Nasty Bassty (had to get that in there :), plus anyone we can add. We all thought (and still do), we would have a very strong nucleus to build around. We would also have a 1st round pick.

2009-10 Depending on how the previous season went, we would have several last year contracts available, the option of potentially having some cap room, and other options to improve the team. With the much lower potential salaries, not only could we use cap room if we went that direction to enable roster flexibility, we could also buy a pick. (there are almost always teams willing to sell a pick in the 20s for 3mm dollars)

2010-11 In this year we only have 2 fully guaranteed contracts and in 2011-12 We dint have any fully guaranteed contracts. So the options are endless in both years. Plus , its in one of these years that the new CBA comes up. With so little committed, depending on how hard a line the owners take, things could get very, very inter sting. Having so little contractually committed could be a great place to be when other teams look to dump salaries to avoid the risks of a lockout.

So with the changes, while we lost a great player in Devin, we felt like we were picking up someone who could spark the team and add energy on the court. At best, we re energized, at worst, it doesn't help, but we have improved the roster flexibility for the future and improved our opportunity to re invent ourselves, just as we had after the 04 05 season. And as far as the draft picks, there is no question there is risk there, but in the NBA, there is always the option to buy low first round draft picks, so we weren't as concerned there.

So from my my viewpoint, we accelerated salaries, which wasn't cheap, and in exchange, got a player that our basketball people thought could energize and help us.

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2008/05/02/talking-mavs/

ElNono
05-06-2008, 12:18 PM
So from my my viewpoint, we accelerated salaries, which wasn't cheap, and in exchange, got a player that our basketball people thought could energize and help us.

We know Mark, you had no say on the trade... its all your 'basketball people' fault...
This is why Dallas FAILS... Cubes never owns up to his mistakes.
Plus does this mean he's not going to retool the roster around Dirk and Kidd?
If he is, then he'll be taking on more salary, which contradicts all the bullshit he just wrote there.

DaDakota
05-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Cuban made the same dumb mistake with Nash...he will meddle his way into ZERO championships.

DD

Findog
05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, letting Nash walk was terrible. The Mavs got better and Phoenix didn't win any 'chips, nor did they leave any titles on the floor by letting him walk. Finley, Nash, Dirk and the Mormon were not a title team.

mattb_25
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Seriously.. It's not like Nash was the superstar with us as he is today with the Suns, but it really didn't matter because chances are that we were gonna keep losing with or without him, especially with Nellies style of play.

DaDakota
05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Seriously.. It's not like Nash was the superstar with us as he is today with the Suns, but it really didn't matter because chances are that we were gonna keep losing with or without him, especially with Nellies style of play.

Why?

It takes a while for teams to come together and build that chemistry and experience to win a championship.

With Nash, I think Dallas would have won at least one...if not two.

Cuban screwed it up...as he has...AGAIN !

DD

clambake
05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
gettin rid of nash would be like getting rid of t-mac. would it matter?

Findog
05-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I love Nash, but he's been so overrated. If he couldn't win a title in Phoenix in that system, he certainly wasn't going to do it in Dallas, where his talents weren't maximized.

clambake
05-06-2008, 04:44 PM
this all started when dick motta left.

Armando
05-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Why?

It takes a while for teams to come together and build that chemistry and experience to win a championship.

With Nash, I think Dallas would have won at least one...if not two.

Cuban screwed it up...as he has...AGAIN !

DD

Phoenix made the same mistake with Joe Johnson. Imagine if the Suns had kept that 04-05 team together plus beef up thier bench. Sarver was the worst thing to happen to Phoenix.

Red Hawk #21
05-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Cuban is an asshole, I saw the 06 finals and anyone who isn't a mavs hater or blind homer can see that the refs changed the way they called the games to favor the Heat after game 2. And I blame it on Cuban, he talked shit to refs for years and he thinks they will give him a fair shake? And then the moron decided to trade Devin Harris for kidd, most people probably wouldn't even do that trade straight up but cuban even added way more to the Nets side.

Dirk should demand a trade, he should go to cleveland where he and Lebron can tear shit up. Mavs fans will probably diss me for this post but you guys have to be realistic, Cuban has done alot of fucked up shit in Dallas and he may end up being the reason Dirk doesn't get a ring.

Armando
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Cuban is an asshole, I saw the 06 finals and anyone who isn't a mavs hater or blind homer can see that the refs changed the way they called the games to favor the Heat after game 2. And I blame it on Cuban, he talked shit to refs for years and he thinks they will give him a fair shake? And then the moron decided to trade Devin Harris for kidd, most people probably wouldn't even do that trade straight up but cuban even added way more to the Nets side.

Dirk should demand a trade, he should go to cleveland where he and Lebron can tear shit up. Mavs fans will probably diss me for this post but you guys have to be realistic, Cuban has done alot of fucked up shit in Dallas and he may end up being the reason Dirk doesn't get a ring.

Wade might have gotten his calls but is not like the Mavs were being blown out. Game 4 aside the Mavs were in Games 3,5 and 6. They just could not make plays at the end of the games to win. Chris Webber said something on TNT to the effect that players around the NBA view Dallas as soft.

Doug Collins
05-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Phoenix made the same mistake with Joe Johnson. Imagine if the Suns had kept that 04-05 team together plus beef up thier bench. Sarver was the worst thing to happen to Phoenix.

Sounds like something Bill Simmons wrote...

Red Hawk #21
05-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Wade might have gotten his calls but is not like the Mavs were being blown out. Game 4 aside the Mavs were in Games 3,5 and 6. They just could not make plays at the end of the games to win. Chris Webber said something on TNT to the effect that players around the NBA view Dallas as soft.

First off Dwyane Wade shot 97 freethrows in 6 games which is highly unfair, there were TONS of phantom calls and even unbiased sources like espn.com and 82games.com said alot of the calls in that series for the Heat were questionable. Here is an example of one of the BS calls I was talking about - http://youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0 , There is an article on 82games.com about this series - http://www.82games.com/gamerefs.htm , and also just look at the foul that gave Dwyane wade the gamewinning freethrows of that series http://youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk . And those were only a few of the horrible BS calls Miami got.

Please tell me how that series was not rigged, if you saw that series and you are a realistic fan you know that Dallas got screwed. This has nothing to do with being soft, Dallas was robbed. And remember I'm not a Mavs fan and I don't hate the Heat. I'm an unbiased person against both sides but That series was rigged and its Cuban's fault for talking shit.

confined
05-07-2008, 06:40 AM

players around the nba view chris webber as a bad player

DaDakota
05-07-2008, 08:14 AM
players around the nba view chris webber as a bad player

But at least he was better than Jason Kidd.

;)

DD

Indazone
05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Letting go of Harris was at least as bad as letting Beno Udrih go. Except worse because Harris was a regular rotation player.

Findog
05-07-2008, 12:28 PM

I guess it takes one to know one, because Chris is as soft as Charmin' himself.

ElNono
05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Webber is a pansy. Least authoritative opinion on the subject.

Indazone
05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Dallas Mav's where 67 wins happens. C'ya been nice while it lasted.

jack sommerset
05-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Cuban made the same dumb mistake with Nash...he will meddle his way into ZERO championships.

DD

How was letting Nash go a mistake? Mavericks made finals without him and Picked up Stackhouse, Terry and Devon Harris to replace Nash.

This Kidd trade, the present, today, yesterday, 3 months ago, I don't get. No matter how Cuban wants to spin it. They should have just gotten rid of Avery at end of season.

Mavericks would have made a playoff push without Kidd trade. I think they were in 2nd at the time.

greensborohill
05-07-2008, 03:32 PM

Why diss? You said the only thing that ever needs to be said. . .

And for the Suns fan who said this

Games 1 & 2 weren't even close. . that's when Stern realized he had to step in b/c the Heat wouldn't get it done on their own.

monosylab1k
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Mavericks would have made a playoff push without Kidd trade. I think they were in 2nd at the time.

They were the 6th seed and in the middle of a massive tailspin. Granted, the Kidd trade didn't take them out of that tailspin this season, but there's a lot of ridiculous revisionist history being spun about how Dallas was some unstoppable machine before the Kidd trade and then suddenly everything went to shit after the trade.

21_Blessings
05-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I love Nash, but he's been so overrated. If he couldn't win a title in Phoenix in that system, he certainly wasn't going to do it in Dallas, where his talents weren't maximized.

He wasn't going to win in Dallas with a mentally weak bitch who chokes annually in the playoffs in Dirk.

Cuban is a shitty owner.

MavDynasty
05-07-2008, 05:05 PM
He wasn't going to win in Dallas with a mentally weak bitch who chokes annually in the playoffs in Dirk.

Cuban is a shitty owner.

How the fuck does Dirk choke?Yeah he missed the freethrow in game 3 but even if he did make it,it would've been OVERTIME which means the game still could've been lost.The MAVS choked,not Dirk himself you dumbass.

And anyone with a half a brain knew how to shut down Dirk the way GS did.

Put an athletic defender on him and bring the double from the blindside.His passing skills aren't great so shut Dirk down,the mavs go down.

Nash is probably one of the worst defensive PG's in the league and when your in the west with young,quick pointguards like Parker and CP3,you need speed and defense(something nash doesnt have).

jack sommerset
05-07-2008, 07:52 PM
They were the 6th seed and in the middle of a massive tailspin. Granted, the Kidd trade didn't take them out of that tailspin this season, but there's a lot of ridiculous revisionist history being spun about how Dallas was some unstoppable machine before the Kidd trade and then suddenly everything went to shit after the trade.

I don't think they were in a tailspin. I still don't know why the trade happened. They had a winning record against the top teams in the west before the Kidd trade. After the trade they went like 2-16, not sure but some ridiculous number.

And to think what they gave up for Kidd is what still makes my head shake. Don't get me wrong. I don't think the Mavericks would have won the Championship this year. I do think they would have been in the top 3 of West and without question would have beat the Hornets with there old team. Just my opinion.

21_Blessings
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
How the fuck does Dirk choke?Yeah he missed the freethrow in game 3 but even if he did make it,it would've been OVERTIME which means the game still could've been lost.The MAVS choked,not Dirk himself you dumbass.

And anyone with a half a brain knew how to shut down Dirk the way GS did.

Put an athletic defender on him and bring the double from the blindside.His passing skills aren't great so shut Dirk down,the mavs go down.

Nash is probably one of the worst defensive PG's in the league and when your in the west with young,quick pointguards like Parker and CP3,you need speed and defense(something nash doesnt have).

Dirk is the worst defensive power forward in the entire NBA. Seriously, shut the fuck up.

Holmes_Fans
05-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Didn't Nash LEAVE?

He wanted to much money and mark wasn't going to match. Great teammate and friend Nash!

pauls931
05-07-2008, 10:22 PM

agree, pissing off Joe to where he insisted leaving set the team back bigtime. Since losing joe, they had a serious dropoff in performance when nash hit the bench since they haven't got a guard that could play the point worth a crap since.

pauls931
05-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Didn't Nash LEAVE?

He wanted to much money and mark wasn't going to match. Great teammate and friend Nash!

Yup, phoenix showed him more money and Cuban thought it was too much.

Shank
05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Dirk is the worst defensive power forward in the entire NBA. Seriously, shut the fuck up.

Amare Stoudemire would like to argue with you.

hive_attack
05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Agreed. Dirk is a joke.

Findog
05-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Cuban is a shitty owner.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Findog
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Go back to Forum Blue and Gold or Lakersground. You're the worst poster on Spurstalk. Seriously, shut the fuck up.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Findog
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Agreed. Dirk is a joke.

So says the Whornets fan that started paying attention to basketball for the first time ever around March of this year.

New Orleans in the Spring: a pleasant diversion until Saints training camp.

Seriously, did you even watch the NO-Dallas series? Dirk, Terry and Bass were the only guys who showed up for us.

Findog
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't watch your own team much, do you?

Pau Gasol can't guard an empty gym. Dirk has historically face-raped him.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Seriously, did you even watch the NO-Dallas series? Dallas choking in the playoffs is nothing new.

Findog
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Seriously, did you even watch the NO-Dallas series? Dallas choking in the playoffs is nothing new.

How does a 7th seed w/o HCA "choke" to a 2nd seed that is a better team?

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
How does a 7th seed w/o HCA "choke" to a 2nd seed that is a better team?

Hangover from a 67 win team shitting the bed against an eight seed.

Either way, Dallas is a terrible franchise with an overrated, farce of a MVP winner. Now that they are going to hire Carlise so we can expect more playoff failure for years to come.

At least you Maverick fans still have Cuban's blogs to read.

Findog
05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Hangover from a 67 win team shitting the bed against an eight seed.

Either way, Dallas is a terrible franchise with an overrated, farce of a MVP winner. Now that they are going to hire Carlise so we can expect more playoff failure for years to come.

At least you Maverick fans still have Cuban's blogs to read.

Right, the Mavericks were clearly superior to the Hornets and just shit the bed against an inferior opponent. Right. Typical Faker fan.

Dude, do us all a favor and get the fuck back to the shallow end of the pool where you belong. This is Spurstalk, not the ESPN messageboards. It's pretty hard to do on a board that counts da_suns_fan, Holt's Cat and AggieHoopsFag among its members, but it bears repeating: you're just about the worst poster on here. Your trolling attempts aren't even funny or make us laugh. Seriously, is this all you've got? How old are you, 12? Did you know that that old guy that hipchecked Steve Nash into the scorer's table used to play for your team? Did you know that slow fat guy that plays for Phoenix was once the best player in the League and won three titles with the Lakers? Did you know Pat Riley used to be somebody other than "that old guy" in Miami? Did you know Byron Scott used to be famous for something other than being the head coach of the Hornets?

You suck.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Right, the Mavericks were clearly superior to the Hornets and just shit the bed against an inferior opponent. Right. Typical Faker fan.

Learn to read you fucking rube. Did you even graduate high school?

Your trolling attempts aren't even funny or make us laugh. Seriously, is this all you've got?

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

How old are you, 12? Did you know that that old guy that hipchecked Steve Nash into the scorer's table used to play for your team?

Really? I thought that old dude was just the guy who threw that towel in Ainge's face and won two rings with The Dream. He played for the Lakers, seriously???

Did you know that slow fat guy that plays for Phoenix was once the best player in the League and won three titles with the Lakers?

"I was injured on company time so I will do my rehab on company time."

Did you know Pat Riley used to be somebody other than "that old guy" in Miami?

Yeah, I remember when he guaranteed a back to back championship (something Spurs fans will never experience). Then he turned into a huge douche in New York/Miami.

Did you know Byron Scott used to be famous for something other than being the head coach of the Hornets?

More proof that Jerry West is the greatest GM to ever live. Norm Nix for B-Scott was highway robbery.

You suck.

You fail.

Findog
05-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Learn to read you fucking rube.

I ask you again, how does a lesser team "choke" against a better team? Did the Jazz choke last night against the Lakers? If you don't like being called out as stupid, stop typing stupid things. It's as simple as that.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

Ah, this is more your speed.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I ask you again, how does a lesser team "choke" against a better team? Did the Jazz choke last night against the Lakers? If you don't like being called out as stupid, stop typing stupid things. It's as simple as that.

Ask Dirk. When he's not getting bitch slapped in the playoffs by a 'superior' team he is choking in the playoff to 'inferior' teams.

I guess you're right. The Mavs didn't choke against the Warriors since Goldenstate was the better team, with the better coach.

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Ask Dirk. When he's not getting bitch slapped in the playoffs by a 'superior' team he is choking in the playoff to 'inferior' teams.

I guess you're right. The Mavs didn't choke against the Warriors since Goldenstate was the better team, with the better coach.

Where the hell are all the Laker fans coming from this year? Seriously, I haven't seen this much shit-talking and bravado out of any of them in ages. It's like they were ashamed of their team until they started winning once again and felt brave enough to come out of the woodwork. 21 Blessings is nothing more than a front-runner. (cue some bullshit story about being a fan since he was 8 or something.)

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Mavs might wanna think about trading for somebody who can score from the post.

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Mavs might wanna think about trading for somebody who can score from the post.

Scintillating.

Findog
05-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Yeah, 27, 12 and 4 is getting "bitch-slapped." The Mavs got bitchslapped by the Hornets, Dirk did his part.

Considering he was hurt against the Warriors and played through it, I wouldn't really sweat it. But yeah, playing hurt against the Warriors because its the playoffs, coming back on one leg and saving the Mavs from the lottery, he's soft as charmin'.

If you want to spout off on something and be taken seriously, you at least need to know what the fuck you're talking about. Otherwise, I'm just going to point out how dumb and full of shit you are.

Findog
05-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Where the hell are all the Laker fans coming from this year? Seriously, I haven't seen this much shit-talking and bravado out of any of them in ages. It's like they were ashamed of their team until they started winning once again and felt brave enough to come out of the woodwork. 21 Blessings is nothing more than a front-runner. (cue some bullshit story about being a fan since he was 8 or something.)

21 Blessings has been a Laker fan since February 1, 2008.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Cry more.

You're the one who registered during the Mavs 06 playoff run. The only front runner here is you.

Findog
05-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh, and Nellie absolutely coached circles around Avery in that series.

J_Paco

LOL, I gotta agree with you on that one. Lakers or Celtics have the biggest front-runners as fans in the NBA.

Findog
Cry more.

You're the one who registered during the Mavs 06 playoff run. The only front runner here is you.

Yeah, and we've both stuck around during the Mavs struggle. Frontrunners like you scurry when their team falls on hard times.

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Scintillating.

Well then pass the message to Mark and your fellow Mavs fans. Many still think you guys can win with a team full of perimeter players :lol :lol

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Cry more.

Gee, why ever would I do that? Maybe to rile up the talk between the Spurs and the Mavs series? Maybe, just maybe? I've contributed my fair share to the board in my time here and few here have any issues with me.

Wondering why you're here, though.

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
LOL, I gotta agree with you on that one. Lakers or Celtics have the biggest front-runners as fans in the NBA.

Spurs fans are high on that list as well.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah, 27, 12 and 4 is getting "bitch-slapped." The Mavs got bitchslapped by the Hornets, Dirk did his part.

Did his part by getting bitch slapped by David West.

Considering he was hurt against the Warriors and played through it, I wouldn't really sweat it. But yeah, playing hurt against the Warriors because its the playoffs, coming back on one leg and saving the Mavs from the lottery, he's soft as charmin'.

excuses excuses excuses.

If you want to spout off on something and be taken seriously, you at least need to know what the fuck you're talking about. Otherwise, I'm just going to point out how dumb and full of shit you are.

Dirk is soft. Plays no defense. Is routinely shut down by swing men 4 inches shorter. Can't win in the playoffs. He will retire ringless.

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Dirk is soft. Plays no defense. Is routinely shut down by swing men 4 inches shorter. Can't win in the playoffs. He will retire ringless.

Oh, wow - the "soft" comment. I'd love to hear the explanation behind how he's "soft".

Routinely shut down? Love it.

Can't win in the playoffs? It's Avery Johnson that can't win the playoffs. Dirk willed his team to the Finals in 2006.

And for all his faults, he repeatedly shoves his German cock down the throat of Pau Gasol any time they meet. You want to talk soft? Look at your prized "trade" acquisition.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Gee, why ever would I do that? Maybe to rile up the talk between the Spurs and the Mavs series? Maybe, just maybe? I've contributed my fair share to the board in my time here and few here have any issues with me.

Yes seek more validation.

You are a front running hypocrite.

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes seek more validation.

You are a front running hypocrite.

Neat. I call you a front-runner and how do you respond? By calling me one back. Genius. Simply genius.

Faggot.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Can't win in the playoffs? It's Avery Johnson that can't win the playoffs. Dirk willed his team to the Finals in 2006.

Yes, blame it on Avery when Dirk never won a thing before Avery even took over. Dirk 'willed' his team to a 2-0 lead in the finals where he promptly choked away the next 4 games.

And for all his faults, he repeatedly shoves his German cock down the throat of Pau Gasol any time they meet. You want to talk soft? Look at your prized "trade" acquisition.

Dirk is a loser at every professional level. At least Pau has a gold medal and he'll have a ring by the end of June.

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Still waiting to hear how Dirk is "soft".

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Still waiting to hear how Dirk is "soft".

Still waiting to hear how a team of perimeter players can win a Title.

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Still waiting to hear how a team of perimeter players can win a Title.

Your inquiry is flawed by the assumption that every player on the team only sits out on the perimeter. That's not true. Is this how both of you assholes are going to argue? By making inane, baseless comments and assuming they're true simply because you stated as such?

Golden State is one of the best teams at scoring points in the paint. Where has that gotten them?

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Your inquiry is flawed by the assumption that every player on the team only sits out on the perimeter. That's not true. Is this how both of you assholes are going to argue? By making inane, baseless comments and assuming they're true simply because you stated as such?

:lol :lol The fact that you think it's not true is exactly what I'm talking about. Next your gonna tell me about how great of a post game your guards or small forwards have.

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Golden State is one of the best teams at scoring points in the paint. Where has that gotten them?

Post game does not equal scoring points in the paint.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Farther than the 67 win team in the 1st round that they destroyed in 5 games last year

Shank
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Farther than the 67 win team in the 1st round that they destroyed in 5 games last year

Still talking about last year? Hell, even Mavs fans have gotten over that.

Shank
05-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I can't understand why you 2 frontrunners are insisting on turning this into a Mavs/Dirk/Dallas bashing thread. It's been done before. Don't you have a Dodgers bandwagon to jump onto?

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I can't understand why you 2 frontrunners are insisting on turning this into a Mavs/Dirk/Dallas bashing thread. It's been done before. Don't you have a Dodgers bandwagon to jump onto?

Frontrunners :lol :lol :lol

So I'm still waiting for your explanation on how your team is not a bunch of perimeter players.

:wakeup :wakeup

Findog
05-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Did his part by getting bitch slapped by David West.

How so? He outplayed him on one leg.

excuses excuses excuses.

And you'd be the first person to call him soft for not playing. And if the Lakers ever lost a series when Kobe was far from 100% but was out there anyways because his team had no chance without him, yeah, you'd let it pass without comment if people criticized him for it. :rolleyes

Dirk is soft.

Yeah, sure he is. Soft guys don't play hurt. They don't get their teeth knocked out and then stay in the game. I don't think you understand what the word means.

Plays no defense.

4 years ago forum. Maybe on one leg he doesn't play any D, but your scouting report is a bit outdated.

Is routinely shut down by swing men 4 inches shorter.

When he has bone spurs. He had no problem with Stephen Jackson this year.

Can't win in the playoffs.

Right, which is why he's won 8 series and been to a Finals.

He will retire ringless

Maybe, maybe not. You will always suck a big bag of dicks, however. That we can say with certainty.

Are you trolling, or are you just that stupid? Curious minds want to know.

Findog
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, blame it on Avery when Dirk never won a thing before Avery even took over. Dirk 'willed' his team to a 2-0 lead in the finals where he promptly choked away the next 4 games.

Dirk was great in the final two games of that series. He matched Wade shot for shot. It was Riley that coached circles around Avery. Dirk took Avery to the Finals, not the other way around.

Dirk is a loser at every professional level. At least Pau has a gold medal and he'll have a ring by the end of June

Ooh, look at the Pau jocksniffer now that he wears the blue and gold. Dirk owns Pau, always has, always will. Swap Dirk out for Pau and the Lakers are a much better team. I honestly don't get the irrational Dirk hate. Knock him because he doesn't have the best post game, he's an average post defender, etc, but calling him soft and just resorting to name-calling instead of actually making a coherent argument, it says a lot about how little you bring to the table.

Shank
05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Frontrunners :lol :lol :lol

So I'm still waiting for your explanation on how your team is not a bunch of perimeter players.

:wakeup :wakeup

Easy. I watch enough games to know they attack the basket when they're up for it. You act as though it's physically impossible for any of them to score down low and that's simply not true. How does a team win 67 games and go to the Finals the year before if they're nothing but a bunch of jumpshooters? Just luck? Maybe they were shooting 70% every game and had no need to play in the post. Their shooting was a strength. Is it a bad thing they don't try to just pound it down low every time? Maybe. Not everyone can have Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan manning the inside for them. But the Mavs also shoot a high number of FTs that come from penetrating and driving and will take it inside when necessary - Dirk included.

And I asked for your explanation first. Funny how you and your boyfriend just glossed over that and don't feel the need to explain another one of your idiotic statements.

Findog
05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Purple and Gold isn't that bad. He's not a troll.

21 Blessings is definitely the worst of the Laker fans. Can't debate or form a coherent argument for shit. Just rehashes the same old tired "smack talk."

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Easy. I watch enough games to know they attack the basket when they're up for it. You act as though it's physically impossible for any of them to score down low and that's simply not true. How does a team win 67 games and go to the Finals the year before if they're nothing but a bunch of jumpshooters? Just luck? Maybe they were shooting 70% every game and had no need to play in the post. Their shooting was a strength. Is it a bad thing they don't try to just pound it down low every time? Maybe. Not everyone can have Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan manning the inside for them. But the Mavs also shoot a high number of FTs that come from penetrating and driving and will take it inside when necessary - Dirk included.

And I asked for your explanation first. Funny how you and your boyfriend just glossed over that and don't feel the need to explain another one of your idiotic statements.

Attacking the basket does not equal scoring in the post. Only an idiot thinks it does. And congratulations you're the biggest idiot here. The bolded part just shows how much of a clown you and your fanbase are. I've only seen a couple of Mavs fans that think it's even an area of concern.

The fact that you have nothing, but to resort to calling people frontrunners and trying to act out your homosexual fantasies through the internet shows how much of a loser you really are.

So once again. Will the Mavs try to get someone that can score from the post??

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Purple and Gold isn't that bad. He's not a troll.

:lol :lol I actually take pride in trying to be a good Laker troll.

endrity
05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
21Blessings is stupid troll,

no one feed him please.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Swap Dirk out for Pau and the Lakers are a much better team.

Wrong. Pau actually has *gasp* a Post game, which is something that is lost to Dirk. Pau anchors the paint better than Dirk could ever hope for. Pau is also a much better passer.

Dirk would just chuck terrible fade aways while getting shut down by Stephen Jackson. Pau is a much better fit in the triangle.

Dirk was great in the final two games of that series. He matched Wade shot for shot. It was Riley that coached circles around Avery. Dirk took Avery to the Finals, not the other way around.

Dirk choked in the finals, plain and simple. Just like he choked against Goldenstate. Born loser. I'll enjoy watching that joke of a MVP retire ringless.

Shank
05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Attacking the basket does not equal scoring in the post. Only an idiot thinks it does. And congratulations you're the biggest idiot here. The bolded part just shows how much of a clown you and your fanbase are. I've only seen a couple of Mavs fans that think it's even an area of concern.

The fact that you have nothing, but to resort to calling people frontrunners and trying to act out your homosexual fantasies through the internet shows how much of a loser you really are.

So once again. Will the Mavs try to get someone that can score from the post??

You fucking idiot. That 70% note was sarcasm.

It's no mystery the Mavs don't have a full-fledged "post" player. You think I don't know that? You think any fan of the Mavs doesn't know that? Their low post play comes primarily from Dirk backing his guy down, Bass and (on occasion) Dampier. Is it enough to put any fear into another team? Certainly not. But for you or anyone to think they're nothing but a bunch of perimeter players is asinine and thoughtless. They wouldn't be playing at this level if they didn't know how to play down low.

Will they try to find someone that can score in the post? Great question. The answer is likely 'yes'. Why wouldn't it be?

I'll ignore the rest of your bullshit as I know you think you're brave by hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet.

So, once (or is it three times now?) again I'll ask why anyone would think Dirk is soft? Since you like to be so brazen and speak up as a Laker mouthpiece, I'll assume you and 21 have the same line of thinking and must have the same beliefs.

Shank
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Wrong. Pau actually has *gasp* a Post game, which is something that is lost to Dirk. Pau anchors the paint better than Dirk could ever hope for. Pau is also a much better passer.

Dirk would just chuck terrible fade aways while getting shut down by Stephen Jackson. Pau is a much better fit in the triangle.

I'd love to see the answer to this question-

Is Pau Gasol better than Dirk? Yes or no.

And while you're thinking that over -

hive_attack
05-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Gasol is better suited for the playoffs. Dirk is a choking jump shooter that disappears when it counts. Gasol is the same for every game and teams have no answer for him.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Pau and Dirk are both failures as the number 1 option on a team.

Simple fact of the matter is that Pau is a better fit on the Lakers than Dirk would be. The Lakers have no need for a 7 foot shooting guard.

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 07:31 PM
You fucking idiot. That 70% note was sarcasm.

It's no mystery the Mavs don't have a full-fledged "post" player. You think I don't know that? You think any fan of the Mavs doesn't know that? Their low post play comes primarily from Dirk backing his guy down, Bass and (on occasion) Dampier. Is it enough to put any fear into another team? Certainly not. But for you or anyone to think they're nothing but a bunch of perimeter players is asinine and thoughtless. They wouldn't be playing at this level if they didn't know how to play down low.

Will they try to find someone that can score in the post? Great question. The answer is likely 'yes'. Why wouldn't it be?

I'll ignore the rest of your bullshit as I know you think you're brave by hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet.

So, once (or is it three times now?) again I'll ask why anyone would think Dirk is soft? Since you like to be so brazen and speak up as a Laker mouthpiece, I'll assume you and 21 have the same line of thinking and must have the same beliefs.

Try again loser. I never said Dirk was soft. Please quote were I did.

What I did find interesting is how now it was "sarcasm" and every Mav fan knows they don't have one. But yet I've heard lots of Mavs fans say Jason Kidd can post up, or Stackhouse can post up, have you seen Josh Howard post up. :lol :lol

Just a second ago you were trying to defend that they could score in the post. I guess that must have been sarcasm as well.

As for trying to act tough on the internet. You might wanna look in the mirror and take a nice big cup of STFU!!

You are obviously are an idiot basketball fan that knows nothing about the game and as soon as someone points out how much of a fucking idiot you are, you say it was "sarcasm". :rollin :rollin

Yeah we all believe you there shank, you're not an idiot of a Mav fan. :rolleyes :rolleyes

monosylab1k
05-08-2008, 07:48 PM

The Mavs got their fair share of bandwagoners, but no sports team in America (except maybe the Yankees) has as many frontrunning piece of shit fans than the Lakers. The ones that really irk me are all the fucking celebrities. Funny how last year when the Lakers were getting assfucked by the Suns, all those douchey fuckin celebrities decided to show up to Golden State games instead, claiming to be "close friends" with Baron Davis. :lol not one of those faggots even knew who the fuck Baron Davis was 2 weeks before.

monosylab1k
05-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I guarantee you that before the Gasol trade, 75% of Lakers "fans" couldn't name more than 4 players on the Lakers roster. Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Luke Walton is probably it. Before the Gasol trade and that stupid fucking "Machine" nickname, Vujacic was known as "that little white guy who doesn't do shit". Jordan Farmar was "the guy with the Color Me Badd haircut".

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I guarantee you that before the Gasol trade, 75% of Lakers "fans" couldn't name more than 4 players on the Lakers roster. Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Luke Walton is probably it. Before the Gasol trade and that stupid fucking "Machine" nickname, Vujacic was known as "that little white guy who doesn't do shit". Jordan Farmar was "the guy with the Color Me Badd haircut".

:sleep :sleep

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
claiming to be "close friends" with Baron Davis. :lol not one of those faggots even knew who the fuck Baron Davis was 2 weeks before.

Baron was raised in LA and went to UCLA. Fucking dumbass.

Red Hawk #21
05-08-2008, 10:12 PM
How so? He outplayed him on one leg.

And you'd be the first person to call him soft for not playing. And if the Lakers ever lost a series when Kobe was far from 100% but was out there anyways because his team had no chance without him, yeah, you'd let it pass without comment if people criticized him for it. :rolleyes

Yeah, sure he is. Soft guys don't play hurt. They don't get their teeth knocked out and then stay in the game. I don't think you understand what the word means.

4 years ago forum. Maybe on one leg he doesn't play any D, but your scouting report is a bit outdated.

When he has bone spurs. He had no problem with Stephen Jackson this year.

Right, which is why he's won 8 series and been to a Finals.

Maybe, maybe not. You will always suck a big bag of dicks, however. That we can say with certainty.

Are you trolling, or are you just that stupid? Curious minds want to know.

:lol:toast

monosylab1k
05-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Baron was raised in LA and went to UCLA. Fucking dumbass.

So did Ed O'Bannon but I don't recall any bandwagon Lakerfan celebrities traveling to catch his games.

StylisticS
05-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Gasol is better suited for the playoffs. Dirk is a choking jump shooter that disappears when it counts. Gasol is the same for every game and teams have no answer for him.

Funny that you say this. Considering that Gasol won his first EVER playoff series this season. Thanks for proving Findog's point that you just started watching basketball because your team is now "good." Fuck outta here.

hive_attack
05-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Funny that you say this. Considering that Gasol won his first EVER playoff series this season. Thanks for proving Findog's point that you just started watching basketball because your team is now "good." Fuck outta here.
Gasol finally has a supporting cast. The key to success in the playoffs is a low post prescence. Gasol is it. Dirk isn't.

Shank
05-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Gasol finally has a supporting cast. The key to success in the playoffs is a low post prescence. Gasol is it. Dirk isn't.

Gasol has always been a low post presence and couldn't get it done before. If that's all you need for success, then why couldn't he get it done before being traded to the Lakers? Gasol's "supporting cast" is the current MVP. I'd say just about any spare could get it done when they have to play 2nd or 3rd wheel to a guy like Kobe. Well, anyone but Kwame Brown that is...

And for all the lack of a low post guy, the Mavs had fared pretty well.

I would dare anyone to say that Gasol is better than Dirk. That's just idiocy.

And Purple and Gold (cute color combination) - it was sarcasm from the instant I wrote it. Is it my fault the public schools in California don't teach reading comprehension? You honestly think I, or anyone else, believes the Mavs shot 70% every game in the 2006 playoffs? Really?

stretch
05-09-2008, 08:20 AM

Kinda like Kobe has been so far?

Findog
05-09-2008, 09:22 AM

Right, which is why Kobe begged and pleaded for the Lakers to trade him to Dallas so he could play with Dirk. Dirk has always owned Pau. I would love to see what Phil Jackson could do with Dirk in the triangle.

Findog
05-09-2008, 09:26 AM

Dirk has won 8 series and been to a Finals. Pau was 0-12 with the Grizz. I thought the "traditional" post presence was better?

Simple fact of the matter is that Pau is a better fit on the Lakers than Dirk would be. The Lakers have no need for a 7 foot shooting guard.

Kobe has made it known he would rather play with Dirk than Pau. Kobe and Dirk is a much more fearsome duo than Kobe and Pau.

Kobe is like the basketball equivalent of Juno: like him just fine, hate his supporters.

Findog
05-09-2008, 09:26 AM

Hi Saints fan.

Findog
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Wrong. Pau actually has *gasp* a Post game, which is something that is lost to Dirk.

He's not nearly as fearsome on offense, nor is he the mismatch that Dirk is. A team with Dirk as its best player has been among the elite of the League, won multiple series and made a Finals. A team with Pau as its best player has gotten broomed the fuck out of the playoffs.

Pau anchors the paint better than Dirk could ever hope for.

Dirk is a much better defender than Pau.

Pau is also a much better passer.

No, they're about even. Good God, you're not even familiar with your own team's players.

stretch
05-09-2008, 09:53 AM

No, the key to success is defense, rebounding, and teamwork. A low post presence just helps when things slow down in half court sets. But teams have won without dominant post presences like Duncan.

Findog
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Gasol is better suited for the playoffs.

Hi Saints fan. Just FYI, but a team with Pau as its best player went 0-12 in the playoffs. A team with Dirk as its best player broomed Pau's team and went to a Finals.

a choking jump shooter that disappears when it counts.

Where the fuck did you get that idea? He hung 27, 12 and 4 on your team. Did you even watch the Hornets-Mavs series.

Gasol is the same for every game and teams have no answer for him.

Right, which is why his teams went 0-12 in the playoffs with him as the #1 option. Yeah, teams sure had "no answer" for him. Meanwhile, Dirk kicked his teeth in two years ago and has won 8 series and over 40 playoff games.

Fucking idiot. This isn't Saintstalk, this is a basketball forum. Shut the fuck up if you didn't start paying attention to hoops until the Hornets became good.

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
^Nice Work

hive_attack
05-09-2008, 03:33 PM
No, the key to success is defense, rebounding, and teamwork. A low post presence just helps when things slow down in half court sets. But teams have won without dominant post presences like Duncan.
That's why players like Duncan and Shaq don't win championships right? Low post prescence doesn't matter. Dirk 0 Championships btw. Even a 67 win team couldn't win in the playoffs without a low post player. When the game slows down and everyone knows the plays, you need someone to score in the low post.

stretch
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
That's why players like Duncan and Shaq don't win championships right? Low post prescence doesn't matter. Dirk 0 Championships btw. Even a 67 win team couldn't win in the playoffs without a low post player. When the game slows down and everyone knows the plays, you need someone to score in the low post.

Okay, look here. When you compare EVERY championship in NBA history... why do they all have in common?

They all play defense, rebound the basketball, and have great teamwork. Not all had dominant post presences. Want an example? See arguably the greatest team in NBA history... Jordan's Bulls.

Findog
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Duncan and Shaq (in his prime) are/were great players. Pau is a good player. Can you grasp the difference?

Here, Saints fan, this is more your speed: Will Deuce or Reggie get more carries this year?

stretch
05-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Here, Saints fan, this is more your speed: Will Deuce or Reggie get more carries this year?

Lol, if they want to win, it better be Deuce.

SRJ
05-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Pau Gasol isn't a post player either. A post player's go-to move is not facing up from 15 feet and dribbling past his man.

In reality, Gasol is Dirk with better handles but less range on his jumper.

endrity
05-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Findog owns!!!!

hive_attack
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Duncan and Shaq (in his prime) are/were great players. Pau is a good player. Can you grasp the difference?

I'll take a consistent good (not great) over great in the regular season and choke horribly in the playoffs.

JoeTait75
05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
I'll take a consistent good (not great) over great in the regular season and choke horribly in the playoffs.

Wait a minute, was that another seven-foot German who dropped 50 on the Suns in the '06 WC Finals? Does Cubes have another lengthy Kraut stashed somewhere in the Metroplex?

Findog
05-10-2008, 01:33 PM

Then you'll never get out of the first round if you take Pau over Dirk.

Is it Saints minicamp yet?

Findog
05-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Wait a minute, was that another seven-foot German who dropped 50 on the Suns in the '06 WC Finals? Does Cubes have another lengthy Kraut stashed somewhere in the Metroplex?

Anybody who still goes with the soft choker card doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. Did that stupid fucking Hornets fan even watch his own games? Dirk put up 27, 12 and 4 against them, that really qualifies as "choking."

2-8 the Hornets were better. Dirk showed up.

I'm really disappointed with the Hornets fans, they obviously didn't watch any basketball until March of this year.