PDA

View Full Version : How the Spurs Will Survive the Semis

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 02:00 PM
How the Spurs Will Survive the Semis

No doubt the first two games of this year´s Western Conference Semifinals (Semis) series has had its share of oddities which have helped foil the Spurs all the way into an 0-2 series hole. Technically speaking, though, the Spurs are right where they should be, and if you don´t believe me check the Vegas lines for the first and second games in which the Spurs found themselves as three point underdogs. So in a practical sense, all the Spurs did was what they were supposed to do. Now as this series shifts back to San Antonio, this deeply experienced, championship-proven team will do what it is supposed to do, which is beat New Orleans in games three and four.

But beyond that, if you follow this logic, then San Antonio is destined to lose in seven games. Besides, to lose by eighteen and nineteen in New Orleans is pretty ugly. True, those are ugly loss margins, but the Spurs were not down thirty and cut the leads down to sub twenties to save some inkling of face. In both games the Spurs led at the half. The Spurs have only themselves to blame for much of their undoing thus far in this series. So I´m not sold on the idea that New Orleans is destined to win this series in seven games or less. I still think that San Antonio can take one of four games in New Orleans. There are two strong historical precedents which, among other precedents, sprout several reasons as to why the Spurs can win one game in New Orleans.

To begin, the Hornets are not in the class of the 2001 Los Angeles Lakers. In that series, after the first half of the first game you wondered “why bother”, which the Spurs did not do en route to a 22.5 point average victory margin sweep by the juggernaut Lakers.

Secondly, the Spurs came back from two straight Finals game pummelings by the Detroit Pistons to squeak out a game five overtime victory. The Spurs lost those first two in Detroit by seventeen and thirty-one.

So the Hornets are not the 2001 Lakers and the Spurs came back from two shameful straight playoff losses on the road in the 2005 Finals. But there are many more tangible reasons why the Spurs can still win this series, none of which have anything to do with the pipe dream of the Hornets´ lack of playoff experience becoming their undoing.

Walk with me now as I lead you back to confidence and belief in a four time championship team.

I must admit that I watched not one minute of either of the first two games. Neither was televized in Brazil, although the rest of the games in the series should be. I followed the game via nba.com audio and live boxscore. I also read several postgame press clippings. But I did not need to watch the games. I know the Spurs all too well. Like a blind wine connoisseur, I do not need to visualize its garnet colors to know that a 2004 Almaviva Carmenere-Cabernet Franc is rivetingly rich and full-bodied. I can taste it.

In beginning, I would like to acknowledge the obviously high level at which Chris Paul, David West and their cohorts are playing, and Byron Scott coaching, and having done so, I would rather look at which internal factors exist for the Spurs to grasp in getting back on their collective feet. In not mentioning Paul or any Hornets players and the matchup problems they cause, specifically, I am not discounting the daunting challenge of countering them. But I would rather focus on Spurs factors.

The first two games ended by nearly the same victory margins for New Orleans, and in both games the Spurs led at the halfway point only to absolutely implode in the third quarter. In the second game, as poorly as the Spurs played in the third quarter, you cannot blame it on age because, at least speaking for the second game, the Spurs crawled back within striking distance midway through the fourth yet simply could not buy a bucket. Well, maybe those old legs just didn´t have enough lift in those late jumpers. Nah, still not buying that. The Spurs´ poor shooting started in the second quarter.

No, the Spurs lost the first two games not because of age, but because of missed jumpers and turnovers at truly inopportune, momentum-shifting or killing moments. In fact, the Spurs shot a pathetic 8-27 from beyond the arc in the second game. For the series they are a paltry 20-58. It is hard to encourage a team to shoot 58 three pointers in two road games, but when you are getting as many wide open looks as the Spurs are getting, as a professional, you must take the shot. Had the Spurs shot a sub-par 12-27 yesterday from beyond the arc and had Manu Ginobili, among several other examples among several underperforming players, not gone turnover happy in the second quarter, the Spurs might have had a shot at stealing that second game.

So the Spurs return to San Antonio not physically whipped by any means. As a starter, they need to simply make open shots when they get them. As easy as it might be to succomb to one´s emotions and curse the team for choking and shooting poorly, one must look at this team from a roster and historical perspective. Any team´s shooters can go hot and cold at any time, but its difficult to imagine a winning team like the Spurs staying cold beyond two road games. Look for the Spurs to come home with hot hands to create space for Tim Duncan in the third game.

Beyond shooting woes we have seen knuckleheaded turnovers by everyone from Ginobili to Tony Parker. We´ve seen stoned-stupid fouls be the likes of Ime Udoka and Jacque Vaughn. Duncan has done his share of whining to the officials, and regardless of how justifiable a protest may be, there is never an excuse for losing one´s rhythm and flow due to pausing to complain to officials. So look for the Spurs to clean up their passing and composure acts in the coming games.

Finally, when a team is leading in the first two games of a series on the road at halftime only to get destroyed in the third quarter in near identical fashion both games, then something is awry with the rotations, i.e. the coach´s strategy. Again, based on over a decade of solid championship contention, I fully expect Gregg Popovich to find the right gameplan and rotation beginning in the third game. I expect to see Bruce Bowen on Peja Stojakovic more, for example, and I expect more cuts and backscreens to get some movement out of Duncan on offense and also to help slashers like Parker and Ginobili find creases.

Most of all, I expect the Spurs to be welcomed home by a commited, faithful and very loud fan base. The fans alone will ensure that the Spurs return to New Orleans next week tied at 2-2. Then the Spurs will have the momentum and knowledge and firsthand experience how to win games against the Hornets. Also, the Spurs will return to New Orleans avowed to avoid the silly sloppiness which cost them games in their prior two visits there. Bringing it home for a sixth game, the Spurs would aim to close out, fully intent on doing whatever it takes to not have to return to New Orleans for a dangerous seventh game.

I´ve seen the battle-hardened and smart San Antonio Spurs wade through the manure, get laughed at and riddled by the national pundits and bandwagon fans for over a decade. More often than not I´ve seen that same team rise to the many challenges with a collective strength which would defy any other franchise under similar circumstances. Anyone who thinks the Spurs are defeated either dislike San Antonio or do not know this team. Its time to change the momentum, and that change starts with a resounding blowout victory in the third game on Thursday night, and will be followed by a defensive masterpiece on Sunday.

Spurs in six.

Bartleby
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Good post. :toast

Ragin Cajun
05-06-2008, 02:13 PM
This series will not go back to New Orleans. I see the Spurs coming out tight in game 3 as they know it's a "must win" game. This will cause them to miss jumpers early in the game and that will have a snowball effect.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
This series will not go back to New Orleans. I see the Spurs coming out tight in game 3 as they know it's a "must win" game. This will cause them to miss jumpers early in the game and that will have a snowball effect.

I think you missed what he said here:

"Anyone who thinks the Spurs are defeated either dislike San Antonio or do not know this team. Its time to change the momentum, and that change starts with a resounding blowout victory in the third game on Thursday night, and will be followed by a defensive masterpiece on Sunday."

themvp
05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Good post Grande David. I hope you will be able to watch Game 3.

King Ju I
05-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm excited for game 3 a great oppurtunity for the Hornets to silence all the doubters. That being said the Spurs will put it all on the line Thursday night for sure. Itll be a tough game.

Tlegacy7
05-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Excellent Post :toast

Spurs Brazil
05-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Grande post amigo

Vamos ganhar essa série

crc21209
05-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Fuck this, We've seen this Spurs team be down 3-1 to the Mavs two years ago and everybody said well theyre just better than us across the board but yet we forced game 7! Now even though we lost, we had a chance to win had it not been for Manu's foul. And in 05' gettin beat down by 30 to Detroit in Detroit and having to see Tim on the bench with a look of defeat and Pop tapping and rubbing his knee letting him know it would be ok.....We made it through before damn it....and we're going to do it again....BELIEVE.

It's simple, we saw what Thomas/Oberto did to West, We need to put Parker on Paul since hes gonna go off regardless, and Bowen on Stojakovic, we all need to fucking give Pop a call and tell him to do this because in my opinion its the one THING that is holding us back, wasting our time putting Bowen on Paul, maybe for spot mins but not the whole game! Bowen can shut down Stojakachoke.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. Thanks for those giving compliments and to those who think I'm just hoping against hope, well, the Spurs have experience digging themselves out of slumps and holes.

DarrinS
05-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Spurs in six.

So now we're going to sweep the next four games?

alamo50
05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Nice write-up Grande, but we ain't gonna beat them 4 in a row.

tlongII
05-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Is that a vacuum cleaner I hear?

td4mvp21
05-06-2008, 05:53 PM
The Spurs have been blownout twice in a series on the road and still won. However, they were up 2-0 and then lost the lead. It's much harder for a team to come back from 0-2. The Spurs can do it but it's going to require some changes on defense and our players are going to have to start hitting their shots. If we can tie the series I think that we would have a good chance to win the next 2 out of 3. The problem is the Spurs have to tie up the series against a really good Hornets team. The blowout wins gave them even more confidence.

duncan228
05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
The blowout wins gave them even more confidence.

The blowouts also give the Spurs more fire. You lose a close game, it's one set of emotions. You get blown out it's another set...and pride kicks in. The Spurs are Champions. Their pride will serve them well to play better.

td4mvp21
05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
The blowouts also give the Spurs more fire. You lose a close game, it's one set of emotions. You get blown out it's another set...and pride kicks in. The Spurs are Champions. Their pride will serve them well to play better.

I hope so but we've been blown out by the Hornets 4 times this season. When are the Spurs going to respond? Now's as good of a time as ever :lol

duncan228
05-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I hope so but we've been blown out by the Hornets 4 times this season. When are the Spurs going to respond? Now's as good of a time as ever :lol

:lmao I would hope it is.

rAm
05-06-2008, 06:13 PM
All of this just feels strange for some reason.

Rydia
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM

WoW

Spurs being swept....

Only if Timmy dies....:nope

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 07:08 PM

Right, because the Spurs have never been in the playoffs before.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice write-up Grande, but we ain't gonna beat them 4 in a row.

Thanks, Juergen!

I, personally, believe (uh oh, I sound like Miss Teen North Carolina) can win the next four. But they don't have to. Most likely this series goes seven, but I really do think they can knock them out in six, still.

And why would I say they can beat NO four straight? Because I like to guess, I reckon. Botton line is it ain't over. All this pessimistic shit I've been hearing since Game 2, and fans have every right to be pessimistic, I thought it was time for some optimism.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 07:19 PM
So now we're going to sweep the next four games?

That's what I called before the series started and so far I've still got a shot. But I don't care if my prediction is correct or not, all I care about is this team advancing be it in six or seven. Hell, don't ask me to guarantee anything. I was so sure the Spurs were going to beat Boston in Boston earlier this year that I included them in my box bet at the Wynn in Vegas. What do I know? But I do believe!

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks, Juergen!

I, personally, believe (uh oh, I sound like Miss Teen North Carolina) can win the next four. But they don't have to. Most likely this series goes seven, but I really do think they can knock them out in six, still.

And why would I say they can beat NO four straight? Because I like to guess, I reckon. Botton line is it ain't over. All this pessimistic shit I've been hearing since Game 2, and fans have every right to be pessimistic, I thought it was time for some optimism.

Fuck 4. Get the damn win on Thursday.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Fuck 4. Get the damn win on Thursday.

Exactly! But I had to speak in terms of the broader, entire series, so as to fit into the scope of my little motivational piece.

Get Game 3! No fucking doubt!

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
And for the emotionally distraught fans who have stopped feeling this fifth championship, grow a pair or please keep quiet. You only feed the trolls with your remorse and weakness.

RashoFan
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
...bravatars??

Seriously, Nice post Grande!

Obstructed_View
05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I really hope the Hornets don't realize that the Spurs are capable of winning this series. Not that the Spurs need any help, but it would certainly make it easier to do.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
...bravatars??

Seriously, Nice post Grande!

Thanks, RashoFan! I'm sick of all the whining and quitting around here by several posters. Great to see you still believe!

:flag:

tp2021
05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
for about 24 hours, i lost all hope. but now, i think the spurs can still do this thing. i mean, the spurs took the lakers apart in the 04 WC semis, with a young, up-and-coming point guard that showed the makings of greatness in games 1 and 2 at home. then came two road games, and that same point guard showed more inexperience than brilliance, and the lakers tied the series. then came a backbreaking win in game 5....

this sounds like poetic justice; the spurs getting a chance to set fate back on the right course.

Believe.

slayermin
05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Nice post.

If the great people of San Antonio is any indication, I saw several car flags and tons of Spurs gear all over town today. I know this city hasn't given up.

ipeefreely
05-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Very simply........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WONTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

They are toast in 5 games, NO gets a split and wins at home game 5.....:lobt2::downspin:

bobbyjoe
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
What would scare me is that the Spurs most realistic chance to win is to win 4 straight. Game 7's are very very hard to win on the road. I know it happened to the Spurs once in 2006 but it's still damn hard to pull off, esp against a very good team.

Of course down 2-0, I guess you'd happily settle for just an opportunity at a Game 7 where absolutely anything can happen.

They're probably gonna have to pull off a Lakers 2004 to advance. And no, you can't borrow Derek Fisher. :blah

Have the Spurs played any game 7's besides the Pistons Finals in 2005 and the Mavs series in 2006?

Very surprised to SA down 0-2. I pegged this series as a pretty easy win for the Spurs in 5 or 6. The Hornets are just scary good. A seriously overachieving team.

Strike
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM

I think he probably didn't fully read it.

Strike
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
And for the emotionally distraught fans who have stopped feeling this fifth championship, grow a pair or please keep quiet. You only feed the trolls with your remorse and weakness.

Truer words have not been said all day.

All you defeatist mother fuckers need to NUT THE FUCK UP!!!

If you can't support your team, stop wasting everybody's time with your bs posts.

Ragin Cajun
05-06-2008, 09:21 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/apr05/sweep040905.jpg

td4mvp21
05-06-2008, 09:24 PM
What would scare me is that the Spurs most realistic chance to win is to win 4 straight. Game 7's are very very hard to win on the road. I know it happened to the Spurs once in 2006 but it's still damn hard to pull off, esp against a very good team.

Of course down 2-0, I guess you'd happily settle for just an opportunity at a Game 7 where absolutely anything can happen.

They're probably gonna have to pull off a Lakers 2004 to advance. And no, you can't borrow Derek Fisher. :blah

Have the Spurs played any game 7's besides the Pistons Finals in 2005 and the Mavs series in 2006?

Very surprised to SA down 0-2. I pegged this series as a pretty easy win for the Spurs in 5 or 6. The Hornets are just scary good. A seriously overachieving team.

Those are the only two Game 7's a Tim Duncan team has played. I wouldn't care if it's on the road, I'll take a Game 7 at this point.

Avitus1
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I've said from the beginning Spurs in six. Good post.

urunobili
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
i love this thread.... i agree 100%

spur-of-the-moment
05-06-2008, 10:00 PM

they were sayin' the same thing after game 1 though....

dude, to the poster....very long-winded!....but i'd say you're reachin pretty hard....your core team are truly champions....but so far there is something missing...your players aren't focusing intently on what your coach is saying and they seem to be negative from the start...Oberto is meager....Kurt Thomas is average....Horry is old bro and we are locked in on defense right now....

anything is possible, you guys could win the next 4 straight...but we'll just have to wait and see...

spur-of-the-moment
05-06-2008, 10:24 PM

lmmfao.....that is some funny shit right there....

GrandeDavid
05-07-2008, 08:15 AM
lmmfao.....that is some funny shit right there....

I know. Fan forums and sports in general allow for an occasional distraction from real world issues. You gotta love the smack, it relieves stress. :lol

Hook Dem
05-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm excited for game 3 a great oppurtunity for the Hornets to silence all the doubters. That being said the Spurs will put it all on the line Thursday night for sure. Itll be a tough game.

Nobody is doubting your team! We just believe the SPURS will not go down like this.

TheTruth62987
05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Fuck this, We've seen this Spurs team be down 3-1 to the Mavs two years ago and everybody said well theyre just better than us across the board but yet we forced game 7! Now even though we lost, we had a chance to win had it not been for Manu's foul. And in 05' gettin beat down by 30 to Detroit in Detroit and having to see Tim on the bench with a look of defeat and Pop tapping and rubbing his knee letting him know it would be ok.....We made it through before damn it....and we're going to do it again....BELIEVE.

It's simple, we saw what Thomas/Oberto did to West, We need to put Parker on Paul since hes gonna go off regardless, and Bowen on Stojakovic, we all need to fucking give Pop a call and tell him to do this because in my opinion its the one THING that is holding us back, wasting our time putting Bowen on Paul, maybe for spot mins but not the whole game! Bowen can shut down Stojakachoke.

Thomas and Oberto were guarding West in Game 1, and he went off for 30pts. I blame West's struggles in game 2 on poor shot selection, and forcing shots. Byron will be on him about this. He had a bad game 3 against the Mavs, and then had a 28pt night in game 4. You say adjustments will be made, and you're right, the Hornets will make adjustments.

TheTruth62987
05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
for about 24 hours, i lost all hope. but now, i think the spurs can still do this thing. i mean, the spurs took the lakers apart in the 04 WC semis, with a young, up-and-coming point guard that showed the makings of greatness in games 1 and 2 at home. then came two road games, and that same point guard showed more inexperience than brilliance, and the lakers tied the series. then came a backbreaking win in game 5....

this sounds like poetic justice; the spurs getting a chance to set fate back on the right course.

Believe.

Only problem wth that statement is that Chris Paul doesn't make inexperienced mistakes. He plays like he's been in the league for 6 or 7 years. Chris Paul is already a better PG than Tony Parker. (Cue the " Parker has 4 titles" rants) Look, as far as I'm concerned, the Hornets have exposed Parker. Teams will realize that the way to stop him is to clog the lanes. It's like the old nickname for Jason Kidd: Ason Kidd cause he's got no J, and neither does Parker. Close the lane, Parker is an average pg at best. CP3 has an amazing all around game at the PG position. I'll take Bowen and Parker shooting long range shots all day over Parker driving and dishing to Duncan or easy layups.

timvp
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Good write-up. Hopefully your vision is correct.

TampaDude
05-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Very simply........

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WONTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

They are toast in 5 games, NO gets a split and wins at home game 5.....:lobt2::downspin:

You're wrong...

...the Spurs are gonna get swept by the Hornets...

alamo50
05-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Win game 3, lose game 4 and than win 3 in a row.
That's how it will go down.

Thanks, Juergen!

vander
05-07-2008, 06:12 PM
here's my simple recepie:

1: TAKE THE OPEN SHOT WITH CONFIDENCE!!!! this is the biggest difference between SA and NO right now, when they shoot, its because they wanted to and they believe it will go in; when we shoot, it's because the shot clock is running down and no one else wanted to take the shot.

2: stop getting mesmerized by CP3, most of the time when peja or someone gets an open shot its because his defender was :wowing at CP3, stay on your shooter, trust your teammates.

3: bowen isn't guarding cp3 any better than parker, chasing paul around screens (bowen's forte) isn't working because he attacks the basket aggressively and with quickness, having CP3 shoot a 15-19 foot jumper off of a screen is a win for us, so let bowen shut out peja, and put parker on paul and make paul score all their points from range.

4: Don't let Fabio guard West, EVER. minimizing Fab's minutes would also be beneficial.

5: SHOOT THE BALL WITH CONFIDENCE!!!! they're giving us open 3's then let it rain 3's :flag:

gobo
05-07-2008, 06:23 PM

"Anyone who thinks the Spurs are defeated either dislike San Antonio or do not know this team. Its time to change the momentum, and that change starts with a resounding blowout victory in the third game on Thursday night, and will be followed by a defensive masterpiece on Sunday."

I consider myself a spurs fan. But I must admit that sweep by NO seems more likely than spurs win one game by a blow out in this match up. I hope I am wrong. If you look at games 1 & 2 against NO, they were not close. Spurs were soundly beaten. What are the main reasons for such defeat?
It seems to me that if the spurs do not dramatically improve in a lot of aspects (handle the ball well, move the ball well, look for better positioned teammate and assist well, shoot the ball well, and defend well) in the next games, by the way things have looked so far in this match up, prepare yourself to accept a sweep by NO with grace. NO should be congratulated and spurs should move to address the talent level difference that have transpired. Outside of TP, Manu, and TD, most of the spurs players look like specialists in one aspect of the game but do not do well in other aspects of the game. In a nutshell, NO seems to have more complete players than the spurs. Am I wrong? Any person with more basketball skills knowledge can help me here.

bigfundamental21
05-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Good Post!!!! :clap

Now let's kick some butt! :ihit

bigfundamental21
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I´ve seen the battle-hardened and smart San Antonio Spurs wade through the manure, get laughed at and riddled by the national pundits and bandwagon fans for over a decade. More often than not I´ve seen that same team rise to the many challenges with a collective strength which would defy any other franchise under similar circumstances. Anyone who thinks the Spurs are defeated either dislike San Antonio or do not know this team. Its time to change the momentum, and that change starts with a resounding blowout victory in the third game on Thursday night, and will be followed by a defensive masterpiece on Sunday.

Spurs in six.

How can you not get pumped by that!?!?!?!

GrandeDavid
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Good write-up. Hopefully your vision is correct.

I admit I'm a stubborn Spurs fan and refuse to acknowledge defeat or the impossible until the Spurs have lost four games. As I've said all along in many other threads, I've erred many times in calling Spurs wins. I would've bet cold cash that the Spurs would've won Game 2, for example. But heading into Game 3, the Spurs are all but on the brink of fishing, so expect the best from this team and feel confident they'll get it done. I think Game 4 will be a tough, close one and the Spurs should eek it out. Going into Game 5, I'm just playing the odds. The Spurs, in recent history, have won on such formiddable playoff courts as Utah, they've weathered the supposed Mile High fatigue in Denver, they've won in Detroit, Cleveland (not saying too much, I suppose) and Phoenix. So when I say "playing the odds", I look back to that amazing Game 5 in Detroit in 2005, when the Spurs were cooked and beaten down, allegedly, after getting killed by 31. They came back and won. The Spurs, I feel, are due in New Orleans, be it by one point in double OT or by a dozen in regulation.

No disrespect at all intended toward this great New Orleans team, but I trust that everyone in this organization from the coaches to players know what is at stake and know what needs to be done. I'm also banking on rest the past few days and home cooking helping the likes of Ginobili, Duncan and aged vets like Finely and Bowen.

The Spurs just need to find their groove and toughen up. I don't like the 4 losses the Spurs have this season to New Orleans, playoffs included, by deep double digit points, but I also think this is a game of fast-paced chess, in a sense. The Spurs have the wisdom and are still relatively young in the Big 3. I believe they'll get it done.

I'm not cautiously optimistic, I'm fully optimistic.

GrandeDavid
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
How can you not get pumped by that!?!?!?!

GrandeDavid
05-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I said the Spurs in six and many thought I was crazy. So far I'm still alive!

ecksodia
05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
First time I've read this post, honest.

Also thought spurs in six, before, and after the first two in new orleans.

Good post, imo :D

Spurs Brazil
05-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I said the Spurs in six and many thought I was crazy. So far I'm still alive!

Estou com vc Grande. Mesmo com 0-2 estava confiante.

Vai ser difícil, mas vamos tirar esses putos em 6

RandomGuy
05-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Any other predictions?

Note to self:

Avoid sweeping predictions regarding sports events.

Manufan909
05-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Any other predictions?

Note to self:

Avoid sweeping predictions regarding sports events.

It's crazy how he described the exact inverse of what happened.

Bartleby
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
And it's amazing how many Hornets trolls have disappeared now that the series is tied.

awktalk
05-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Neither was televized in Brazil, although the rest of the games in the series should be.

If you want to swirl the glass before you taste the wine, I would suggest this link which will let you watch the Spurs live:

http://www.justin.tv/psn_tr3s

Manufan909
05-12-2008, 08:30 PM
If you want to swirl the glass before you taste the wine, I would suggest this link which will let you watch the Spurs live:

http://www.justin.tv/psn_tr3s

That's a bad ass site, but why is the live game better than the Spurs G4? Is it because more people are watching the Cavs?

Great find though.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2008, 10:39 PM
We survived!

Spurs Brazil
05-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes Grande!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nos somos foda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vamos acabar com o Lakers

GrandeDavid
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Parabens pra nos, amigao! Vamos pra frente e com certeza eu e voce vamos asistir um jogo junto. Estarei em SP aos negocios na semana que vem. Vamos combinar pra asisitar um jogo, cara!