PDA

View Full Version : Is chandler this good?

ducks
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
dude recovered twice and blocked tp both times
is chandler this good or not?

he did not play at all in second quarter

Peja On A Stick
05-06-2008, 02:10 PM
How about this stat
+/- player in the postseason

TC 117
KG 97
Pierece 89
Hamilton 84
CP 82
Billups 77
Peja 73
West 72
Gasol 72

He had foul trouble so he had to sit the 2nd, he came back played solid defense in the 3rd and Peja and Paul supplied the offense

Bulwark
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
He's athletic and can block shots. He can't guard TD one-on-one, but who can. NO is young, athletic and quick and can recover faster on help defense.

slayermin
05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I know it was high school but he was a monster at Dominguez Hills.

JamStone
05-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I think maybe he recovered to block TP twice because he's 7'1" and extremely long and TP is generously listed at 6'2" and not as long.

Peja On A Stick
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
yea but most 7' 2" guys can't recover because of lack of speed, thats the point

DenialDynasty
05-06-2008, 02:35 PM
he's a fluke player. Duncan will put 50 on him once he gets over the flu. Hornets suck.

ducks
05-06-2008, 02:37 PM
yea but most 7' 2" guys can't recover because of lack of speed, thats the point

so he is this good

Allanon
05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I toldja guys that Chandler is the key to the Hornet success.

He's the ONLY one on that team that plays really good D and because he is the Center, he ties their defensive efforts together. The other individual Hornet players are not very good defenders, but as a whole with Chandler, they're a very good defensive team.

He is pretty much responsible for stopping Parker's drives to the basket...it allows CP3 to gamble on steals and such. You know Tony thinks twice about driving in when he sees those freakish long arms.

The Hornets don't play good D when Chandler is out.

Peja On A Stick
05-06-2008, 02:47 PM
so he is this good
Hes good but he really lacks offensive skills, he can't post up at all. He has no jump shot for lack of post up skills. But he is really good because of his offensive rebounding and his speed, length, and jumping ability which allows him to alter shots and catch all the lobs from chris. Hes the perfect center for our team. With Peja and mo Pete spreading the floor and chris sucking in two defenders to him when he drives, it gives chander the chance to get offensive rebounds easily because there defense is sucked away from the rim and he can get up with anybody or recieve the lob pass. He said he will higher a shooting coach this off season, hopefully he can get his jump shot to be a factor, then he will be dominant.

slowchild25
05-06-2008, 02:50 PM
he can get up with anybody or recieve the lob pass.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080506/i/r1129288035.jpg

mexicanjunior
05-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Yes, he is that good...maybe we should have kept our first round pick and picked up Theo Ratliff after the buyout instead of Thomas. I think his athleticism would have really help against their frontline....

hive_attack
05-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Chandler should be the DPOY. He is a beast in the paint.

Peja On A Stick
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
The funny thing is the knock on us during the season was that our bench was thin and that we didn't have a good low post defender/shot blocker. Now that people get to see us more on TV and not just on paper. They shutup about this.

ducks
05-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I wanted chandler when he was a bull
is chandler playing better now then he has during regular season?

Allanon
05-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree on the big man, he's not much for offense but his defensive presence is everything. Hornets go from a below-average defensive team to a very good defensive team just because of Chandler.

The New Orleans bench is still pretty weak. You have Pargo and Bonzi...the other guys are pretty inconsistent. Heck even Pargo and Bonzi can be inconsistent.

ducks
05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
he is perfect on the hornets because he does not to score alot of points

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 03:27 PM
denial, are you kiddin me? not only have the hornets beat the spurs 4 times this season but its been a ass beating everytime. so yeah duncan has the flu. i can't wait for the hornets to wrap up this series so i can distance myself from the jokers on this board. but for now ill stand my ground and lurk and respond to the ridicoulous ideas that yall have.

Smirk
05-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Apparently he has hired a full time shooting coach that will start this summer to help him with his foul shooting and to develop a more consistent jumpshot. If he gets any kind of shooting game he is going to be an elite player.

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 03:30 PM
supposedly he already has and has developed somewhat of a outside shot but want stay with what he's doing. afterall he was a wing player in highschool.

Peja On A Stick
05-06-2008, 03:34 PM
supposedly he already has and has developed somewhat of a outside shot but want stay with what he's doing. afterall he was a wing player in highschool.

In highschool they just ran alley oops to him from what I heard

Kermit
05-06-2008, 03:41 PM
In highschool they just ran alley oops to him from what I heard

Well, he's good at it. He's probably nutted on half the league this year.

bonesinaz
05-06-2008, 04:25 PM
He should have been called for camping in the paint a few times on defense last night. Byron Scott also kept him in with 5 fouls, knowing that he wouldn't get his 6th. Spurs could use that home cookin next game.

tmtcsc
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Chandler is good at what he does. I agree with the Nawlins fan that said he lacks true offensive skills. I think the key to beating the Hornets is to put Bowen on Peja and to force Chandler into foul trouble. Get him off the floor !

Allanon
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Chandler is good at what he does. I agree with the Nawlins fan that said he lacks true offensive skills. I think the key to beating the Hornets is to put Bowen on Peja and to force Chandler into foul trouble. Get him off the floor !

Yup, if you can get Chandler off the floor, Duncan, Parker and Manu can get to work. Whoever subs in for Chandler is 10x worse than Oberto.

I've noticed it alot, Chandler stays in the game even if he has foul trouble, Byron Scott knows he's screwed without Chandler in the game so he has to take the gamble.

CP3forMVP
05-06-2008, 04:50 PM
He should have been called for camping in the paint a few times on defense last night. Byron Scott also kept him in with 5 fouls, knowing that he wouldn't get his 6th. Spurs could use that home cookin next game.

coach scott does that with most of the hornets players bones, the ones he can "rely" on not to pick up another foul he'll keep in the game. cp3, peja, dwest, and somehow tc. he's been doing it all season. home and away.

bonesinaz
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
coach scott does that with most of the hornets players bones, the ones he can "rely" on not to pick up another foul he'll keep in the game. cp3, peja, dwest, and somehow tc. he's been doing it all season. home and away.

:lol Yeah, Chandler never commits a 6th foul in a game, especially a playoff game. And I suppose he never committed his 1st or 2nd to have Scott sit him in the 1st half?

clambake
05-06-2008, 05:07 PM
you shut down west, you got chandler in EARLY foul trouble, and you still got creamed.

happens to the mavs all the time.