PDA

View Full Version : I believe in the big three

ducks
05-06-2008, 02:15 PM
do you?
I think they are the best three players any team has
they are not playing great right now but I take those three then any three on any elses team!

Kermit
05-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Sure, when all three show up. But when Tony is playing scared, Manu is playing stupid and Tim is not playing at all, it means we get blown out by 20.

Medvedenko
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
More "belief" threads.....ugh.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Game 3 they will break out, Tim will bring it, Tony will get in that lane and Manu will come alive

BELIEVE

dbreiden83080

If you don't like them, stay out of them.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz

:lol

I'm gonna have to agree with you by this point

ducks
I think their big three are better then lakers big three
I think hornets get by the spurs they will win it all

duncan228
05-06-2008, 02:22 PM

:lol Get used to it, Thursday is a long way away.

I believe in Duncan. :)

slayermin
05-06-2008, 02:23 PM

Laker fans that have been "nursed" to championships wouldn't understand.

It's about Spurs fans.

dbreiden83080
:lol Get used to it, Thursday is a long way away.

I believe in Duncan. :)

I got a question, why is a Laker fan whining about Belief threads on a Spurs board???

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I agree, our big three is probably the most dynamic big three right now.
They all play both sides well, and each one can take over the game offensively.

Too bad we haven't put that into practice this series..so far

TheMACHINE
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
You guys better start believing in the big three. Father, Son and the holy spirit...u'll need it.

xtremesteven33
05-06-2008, 04:15 PM
who do the lakers have?

a rapist, a spainard and a fish?

NoMoneyDown
05-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I BELIEVE DAMN IT!

Excuse me while I post this in the other 20 "I believe" thread ...

spursfan09
05-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I got a question, why is a Laker fan whining about Belief threads on a Spurs board???

I guess he thinks he's better than us.... Why else would a fan of another team get this annoyed that spur fans want to believe on a spurs board.

Medvedenko
05-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh I'm not annoyed, just a little perplexed in all of these "believe" threads. It's getting quite cheesy really. My point being is that no matter how much you pray that your team does well it really doesn't matter.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh I'm not annoyed, just a little perplexed in all of these "believe" threads. It's getting quite cheesy really. My point being is that no matter how much you pray that your team does well it really doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter how much the fans believe, it only matters how much the team believes.

I could convince myself a 100 different ways on how or why the Spurs will win this series in 6.....but the only people it matters to convince are the Spurs themselves, as they're the ones who will be on the court making the difference.

Medvedenko
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
It doesn't matter how much the fans believe, it only matters how much the team believes.

I could convince myself a 100 different ways on how or why the Spurs will win this series in 6.....but the only people it matters to convince are the Spurs themselves, as they're the ones who will be on the court making the difference.

Precisely....

ducks
05-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Precisely....

that is true
but why have a forum with fans imput on it then

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2008, 06:11 PM

I have a different opinion. I think the collective belief of fans does wonders for the team you are rooting for. Collective thoughts of defeat do a great harm. I had a sense before the Suns series started that the Spurs would dispatch them rather quickly and I happened to made that call along with others in this very forum. I'm not playing in the court but I sense it inside... I can even feel I'm pushing for that to happen. It works great.

Let me give you an example: in 2004 after the Lakers dispatched the Spurs having lost that .4 game I was very upset with everything LA so I told my co-workers I felt the Lakers were going to lose to the Pistons in a debacle kind of way. Of course they said I was crazy, LA with Kobe, Shaq, Malone, Payton and Fisher just could not lose against the unknown Pistons. You know what happened after that and how Detroit easily dismantled the Lakers. They basically had to break the team apart after that season.

I was pretty upset with the way the Spurs lost then and hey.. I just "sensed" they would lose miserably to Detroit.

Let me give you another example: the 2004 Boston Red Sox. Same year as the event previously mentioned. The red sox were 0-3 down and I happened to tell my co-workers (the same people) I believed they would eventually win the series 4-3. Of course they said I was crazy and that had never been done before and the curse, etc. In this case I should tell you I know nothing about baseball so this wasn't something I sensed out of pure knowledge or study of the team.. I just felt they will win. By the time the series ended my co-workers actually told me I wasn't crazy but stupid for not betting on that.

Let me give you another example: the mavs beating the Spurs on an * series. I still think the spurs got a little robbed there. Ok, so I was upset again and I felt they would lose against Miami. They lost and they were never the same again.

So I think "belief" has a lot to do. Don't mistake "belief" with "wishful thinking". They have nothing to do with each other.

At the beginning of these series I felt the spurs will win it. And if it happens they don't then the Hornets will most likely not win the championship.

Brutalis
05-06-2008, 06:38 PM
What. We're getting into discussion about supernatural forces or energy for a teams success?

Spurs are just messing with us, I believe.

Sasha
05-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Sure, when all three show up. But when Tony is playing scared, Manu is playing stupid and Tim is not playing at all, it means we get blown out by 20.

I heard today that Tim has been playing with a really bad case of the flu. Any truth to that?

pauls931
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I heard today that Tim has been playing with a really bad case of the flu. Any truth to that?

The commentators during the game last night said he just recovered from a 24 hour bug.

Medvedenko
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I have a different opinion. I think the collective belief of fans does wonders for the team you are rooting for. Collective thoughts of defeat do a great harm. I had a sense before the Suns series started that the Spurs would dispatch them rather quickly and I happened to made that call along with others in this very forum. I'm not playing in the court but I sense it inside... I can even feel I'm pushing for that to happen. It works great.

Let me give you an example: in 2004 after the Lakers dispatched the Spurs having lost that .4 game I was very upset with everything LA so I told my co-workers I felt the Lakers were going to lose to the Pistons in a debacle kind of way. Of course they said I was crazy, LA with Kobe, Shaq, Malone, Payton and Fisher just could not lose against the unknown Pistons. You know what happened after that and how Detroit easily dismantled the Lakers. They basically had to break the team apart after that season.

I was pretty upset with the way the Spurs lost then and hey.. I just "sensed" they would lose miserably to Detroit.

Let me give you another example: the 2004 Boston Red Sox. Same year as the event previously mentioned. The red sox were 0-3 down and I happened to tell my co-workers (the same people) I believed they would eventually win the series 4-3. Of course they said I was crazy and that had never been done before and the curse, etc. In this case I should tell you I know nothing about baseball so this wasn't something I sensed out of pure knowledge or study of the team.. I just felt they will win. By the time the series ended my co-workers actually told me I wasn't crazy but stupid for not betting on that.

Let me give you another example: the mavs beating the Spurs on an * series. I still think the spurs got a little robbed there. Ok, so I was upset again and I felt they would lose against Miami. They lost and they were never the same again.

So I think "belief" has a lot to do. Don't mistake "belief" with "wishful thinking". They have nothing to do with each other.

At the beginning of these series I felt the spurs will win it. And if it happens they don't then the Hornets will most likely not win the championship.

Are you kidding......What about all of the other teams "faith and belief" that opposed yours....explain that.