PDA

View Full Version : Radio Interview Today

Galileo
05-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Radio Interview Today

I will be interviewed live today on international radio from 5 PM central to 6 PM central, on the Genesis Communications Network.

Listen live:

http://www.gcnlive.com/Listen_Live.html

Go to Network 4

The program plays on a loop for 24 hours until the next program here:

http://www.gcnlive.com/Programs/DynamicDuo/On_Demand.html

Topics include Tim Duncan, Ron Paul's new book, 9/11 conspiracies, Obama, and other topics.

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't post much in the Spurs/NBA forums anymore, but I will post here that the Spurs and POP have a sort of loathing for Spur fans...on the one hand, they enjoy their support (especially of the multi-million dollar contract kind if your POP), but he also treats fans like idiots....kinda like he jokingly treats the press sometimes.....Spur fans have incredible knowledge about players, and game strategies and what not....some, like TIMVP and Kori, who's NBA knowledge i have much respect for, make interesting and well thought out suggestions, but Pop doesn't care, nor does he or the Spurs organization listen....

....so if your a frequent poster in the Spurs forum, more power to you, but just know that anything you post doesn't really matter to the Spurs/POP...he's going to go with what he thinks and that's it....win or lose....

101A
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't post much in the Spurs/NBA forums anymore, but I will post here that the Spurs and POP have a sort of loathing for Spur fans...on the one hand, they enjoy their support (especially of the multi-million dollar contract kind if your POP), but he also treats fans like idiots....kinda like he jokingly treats the press sometimes.....Spur fans have incredible knowledge about players, and game strategies and what not....some, like TIMVP and Kori, who's NBA knowledge i have much respect for, make interesting and well thought out suggestions, but Pop doesn't care, nor does he or the Spurs organization listen....

....so if your a frequent poster in the Spurs forum, more power to you, but just know that anything you post doesn't really matter to the Spurs/POP...he's going to go with what he thinks and that's it....win or lose....

Pop doesn't read internet message boards for advice??!!! WHAT!!! Is he crazy???

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 03:03 PM
...the point is that Pop doesn't take any advice...clearly he's been out-coached by Byron Scott a rookie coach...

DenialDynasty
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
...the point is that Pop doesn't take any advice...clearly he's been out-coached by Byron Scott a rookie coach...
Seven years of experience and two NBA Finals berths = "rookie coach" to you?

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
....How many years has Byron Scott been a coach in the NBA again? Does 'playoff experience' automatically qualify someone to be a NBA coach? Is Avery Johnson smarter than the smartest NBA poster on Spurstalk?

Galileo
05-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Tim Duncan had a 104 degree fever in game one, and a 102 degree fever two.

This has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with the flu.

The Spurs & Tim Duncan have three days to get better, plenty of time, and they willl be home. And they will win this series.

clambake
05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
what does tim duncan think about tower 7?

Galileo
05-06-2008, 03:18 PM
what does tim duncan think about tower 7?

they drugged Shaq, and told him to run in there and pull a Sampson.

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 03:19 PM
It's gonna take more than just Tim Duncan having a few good games for the Spurs to win this series....the Hornets haven't really clicked on all cylinders either, for instance as good a game as he had, CP3 had just a normal game in game 1, David West had a very bad game 2, but given these short-comings it was still enough for the Hornets to beat the Spurs....

Galileo
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM
It's gonna take more than just Tim Duncan having a few good games for the Spurs to win this series....the Hornets haven't really clicked on all cylinders either, for instance as good a game as he had, CP3 had just a normal game in game 1, David West had a very bad game 2, but given these short-comings it was still enough for the Hornets to beat the Spurs....

The Hornets won because Tim was sick. Tim will not be sick for game three. The Spurs will win because Tim is healthy.

clambake
05-06-2008, 03:26 PM
at least he'll have his health, but NBAdan just made a valid point.

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
The Spurs can win this series if the outside shooters can exploit the Hornets defenders sagging in on Tim Duncan and POP can make the defensive rotations that will slow down the onslaught from Peja...once the Spurs outside shooters start hitting their shots it will open the driving/passing lanes for Manu and Tony...

Galileo
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
The Spurs can win this series if ...

Tim Duncan does not have the flu.

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Tim Duncan does not have the flu.

I guarantee you that if the Spurs don't figure out a way to slow Peja, he will score more than Duncan in game 3...

Galileo
05-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I guarantee you that if the Spurs don't figure out a way to slow Peja, he will score more than Duncan in game 3...

Bruce Bowen can stop Peja no problem.

Have you looked at Duncan's stats in the first two games?

11.5 points and 5.5 rebounds

What do you think happened, Duncan prematurley aged in less than one week?

Duncan's defense sucked in the last two games, go look at his +/- numbers. They were horrendous. If Duncan sucks on D the whole defense falls apart.

Duncan has recovered from the flu bug and the Hornets are goin' down.

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 03:45 PM
That's just what I am talking about - putting Bowen on Peja and keeping Tony on CP3 is a good suggestion, but whether POP would do it is another thing....it's not like Chandler is killing the Spurs on the offensive end, so Tim's defense is a very little factor...it's his production on the offensive end that the Spurs miss the most and in order for the Spurs to make Tim more effective they need to stretch out the floor with some effecient outside shooting...

Galileo
05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
That's just what I am talking about - putting Bowen on Peja and keeping Tony on CP3 is a good suggestion, but whether POP would do it is another thing....it's not like Chandler is killing the Spurs on the offensive end, so Tim's defense is a very little factor...it's his production on the offensive end that the Spurs miss the most and in order for the Spurs to make Tim more effective they need to stretch out the floor with some effecient outside shooting...

Duncan vs Hornets (won 56 games in reglar season)

game 2 -32 +/-
game 1 -19 +/-

Duncan vs Suns (won 55 games in regular season)

game 1

40 points
15 rebounds
5 assists
3 blocks
16-24 from floor
one of the greatest threes in NBA history

DarrinS
05-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Can we get a dildo forum for Galileo and Nbadan?

I'm tired of seeing dumb threads by these peckerwoods.

clambake
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM

dan made a valid point, and then backtracked a bit. they shut west down and had chandler in early foul trouble, and it still didn't matter.

Galileo
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM

Text of an email I just received:

"Rolf:

Here's a challenge I'd like to see met--in your interview tonight, can you work Tim Duncan, Galileo, James Madison and Bldg 7 into a single statement?

That would be awesome-seriously. I'd pay to hear it!

Bob"

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Can we get a dildo forum for Kepler and Basketballdan?

Well, there's 2 minutes I'll never get back.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
dan's math degree also makes him a basketball expert who must be acknowledged.

Really, name one NBA coach who has said he got a basketball idea from a message board.

Nbadan
05-07-2008, 04:19 AM
dan made a valid point, and then backtracked a bit. they shut west down and had chandler in early foul trouble, and it still didn't matter.

I didn't backtrack, I was merely clarifying my previous post..the Spurs didn't 'shut down' West, he just wasn't as hot as in game 1 and Chandler in foul trouble and the Hornets still winning just proves what I was saying, Chandler's not a major offensive threat, so Duncan playing better D really isn't gonna do much to help the Spurs....

.....this reminds me of two years ago with the small-ball versus big-ball debate, the Spurs weren't gonna beat Dallas playing small ball, but POP stayed with it anyway, adjusted to the Dallas offense instead of forcing Dallas to adjust to their own, then Miami came along, didn't play small ball and punished Dallas in the Middle...

Nbadan
05-07-2008, 04:20 AM
dan's math degree also makes him a basketball expert who must be acknowledged.

You know full well I helped run one of the best resourced basketball board for almost a decade before Spurstalk came along....