PDA

View Full Version : Pep talk failure?

deepsouth
05-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok. In the last two games - and I saw this trend already- the Spurs maintain an even game, or even a winning game, in the first quarter only to be destroyed in the third.
I've lost the count that something like this happened in the past but I have the sensation that there were many times. (surely timvp, kori or any of our experts could correct me if I am wrong)
Why is this thing happening?
The half game should be the time for the coach to make adjustments -crucial adjustments- for everybody in the team to express their sensations about mismatches to be corrected; for the coach to do his Patton impersonification, and so on. Like a long timeout.
Why do our oponents came out blazing and it looks like our Spurs start the second half in a state of stupor?.
Are they really old already and they feel their knees creaking and the hoop too tall? Or has Pop got in D'Antony -stubborn - mode, believing that the only thing missing is some pounds of balls and the willing to win?

Sorry for the ramblings of an anguished, SouthAmerican, fan.

SPARKY
05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Pop is stubbornly keeping to a flawed defensive strategy.

lefty
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
CIA Pop :hat

deepsouth
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Pop is stubbornly keeping to a flawed defensive strategy.

But the defense was better in the second half of the last game!
The Hornets did a wonderful job of keeping the lane crowded, they doubled and tripled Duncan and Manu (who played in angry (and unsucessful) mode, collecting TOs and fouls).
But why in the third?

pauls931
05-06-2008, 09:24 PM
How about this?

"If we don't win this series, I maybe be coaching against you next year!"

sabar
05-07-2008, 01:32 AM
We have horrible first and third quarters compared to other title contenders:
http://www.82games.com/QSORT4.HTM