PDA

View Full Version : kerr wants amare to be more acountable for his mistakes

ducks
05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
But sources close to the situation have maintained for days that D'Antoni does not want to continue coaching in Phoenix if he must implement the changes suggested by his bosses, which include increasing the time spent practicing defense and a more stern approach with younger players such as Suns forward Amare Stoudemire and guard Leandro Barbosa.

Sources say D'Antoni considers Kerr's strategic suggestions to be meddlesome and representative of a lack of support from the front office after the Suns averaged 57 wins over the past four seasons, three of which ended with playoff losses to the execution masters from San Antonio. But some veteran players, sources add, have echoed management's request for more emphasis placed on defensive preparations and seeing the likes of Stoudemire and Barbosa held more accountable for their mistakes.

Armando
05-06-2008, 11:43 PM
But sources close to the situation have maintained for days that D'Antoni does not want to continue coaching in Phoenix if he must implement the changes suggested by his bosses, which include increasing the time spent practicing defense and a more stern approach with younger players such as Suns forward Amare Stoudemire and guard Leandro Barbosa.

Sources say D'Antoni considers Kerr's strategic suggestions to be meddlesome and representative of a lack of support from the front office after the Suns averaged 57 wins over the past four seasons, three of which ended with playoff losses to the execution masters from San Antonio. But some veteran players, sources add, have echoed management's request for more emphasis placed on defensive preparations and seeing the likes of Stoudemire and Barbosa held more accountable for their mistakes.

:clap

MajicMan
05-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Shaq trade

Pot meet kettle

ducks
05-06-2008, 11:50 PM
that is why suns coach and kerr are at odds
suns coach is an idiot

MajicMan
05-06-2008, 11:51 PM
he is an idiot but kerr is incompetent. the shaq trade was retarded. he also traded away kt to an ex spur in the sonics org. did he not know that would somehow backfire on him? he then went on to complain about collusion. he fucked himself

ducks
05-06-2008, 11:55 PM
the kt traded was because of the owner
I have heard that suns coach wanted the coach and kerr finally got on board with that
but it took time

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I noticed Kerr is questionable, when he made comments to the media about how he'd Coach the team very early in the season. like, "Why is he getting quotes in the post-game?"

Kerr should respect boundaries as a GM, no one likes to be undermined. D'antoni's dumb for not listening to Kerr's suggestions, but wtf is Kerr doing by letting it be known what Stoudamire needs to improve? He should just keep it with the damn team. I hope Stoudamire doesn't get ticked off. Kinda embarrassing to be called out.

"..seeing the likes of Stoudemire and Barbosa held more accountable for their mistakes."

ducks
05-06-2008, 11:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3383366 link to article

ducks
05-06-2008, 11:58 PM
I noticed Kerr is questionable, when he made comments to the media about how he'd Coach the team very early in the season. like, "Why is he getting quotes in the post-game?"

Kerr should respect boundaries as a GM, no one likes to be undermined. D'antoni's dumb for not listening to Kerr's suggestions, but wtf is Kerr doing by letting it be known what Stoudamire needs to improve? He should just keep it with the damn team. I hope Stoudamire doesn't get ticked off. Kinda embarrassing to be called out.

"..seeing the likes of Stoudemire and Barbosa held more accountable for their mistakes."

Sources say kerr is not giving espn direct quotes on this

MajicMan
05-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I know but the suns biggest roadblock were the spurs. he traded away kt to the sonics with a spur connection. it backfired because there was some insider dealing going on between the spurs and sonics. its like teams trading away their best player to the east coast so they dont have to deal with the guy 4 times a year so they can minimize the damage. kerr should have sent him where sa couldn't get their hands on him as easily as they did

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Sources say kerr is not giving espn direct quotes on this
My bad. He has before though, which I think pissed off D'Antoni.

Kerr's just lucky D'Antoni sucks too.

ducks
05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
true
I think kerr was wrong going in to the series against spurs
how the suns were going to defend the spurs
and saying amare has to play smart and not foul out

JackArse
05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
the only problem i have with the KT thing is the picks that went with him. i didn't like seeing him go, but he wasn't a 16 mil dollar player, which with the tax, is what he would've cost. even with him against duncan which is the main reason he was here, TD was still scoring 25+ pts a game, so he still got his points, just had to work slightly harder to get them. i like the idea of a new coach, i liked d'antoni as far as offense, but there was very little reign in the locker room, seems that amare is nearly the GM now, and yes, i do like accountability.

however, i think with a new coach, essentially comes a need to rebuild the team.

lefty
05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Fuck Kerr

He can't blame himself, so he puts it on Amare.

Fucking douchebag (but thanks for making big shots for the Spurs anyway:D)