PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been raised before...

TDfan2007
05-07-2008, 12:11 AM
but wtf were the Spurs thinking in game 2?

It was like the guys had never played with eachother before. On top of the lack of offensive cohesiveness the Spurs played with their heads up their asses on D for a large chunk of the game.

Tim had some stupid fouls, compounded by poor help defense. Manu's defense was beyond awful. I'm not going to harp on Tony because his matchup was awful, you can't expect him to gaurd a proven scorer who's 5 inches taller than him.

I'm starting to question Pop's sanity at this point. I honestly can't understand why he's trotting out the lineups that he is and matching guys up the way he is. Don't these guys watch film? It's like they didn't learn a SINGLE thing from game 1...

Hopefully changes are made, shots start falling (law of averages...), and our guys start playing D with a purpose. It's still doable, history can go fuck itself. Still though, I'm baffled though as to why we came out like drunken boxers in games 1 and 2...somehow I don't think we'll ever find out.

lefty
05-07-2008, 12:14 AM
but wtf were the Spurs thinking in game 2?

It was like the guys had never played with eachother before. On top of the lack of offensive cohesiveness the Spurs played with their heads up their asses on D for a large chunk of the game.

Tim had some stupid fouls, compounded by poor help defense. Manu's defense was beyond awful. I'm not going to harp on Tony because his matchup was awful, you can't expect him to gaurd a proven scorer who's 5 inches taller than him.

I'm starting to question Pop's sanity at this point. I honestly can't understand why he's trotting out the lineups that he is and matching guys up the way he is. Don't these guys watch film? It's like they didn't learn a SINGLE thing from game 1...

Hopefully changes are made, shots start falling (law of averages...), and our guys start playing D with a purpose. It's still doable, history can go fuck itself. Still though, I'm baffled though as to why we came out like drunken boxers in games 1 and 2...somehow I don't think we'll ever find out.

They weren't thinking