PDA

View Full Version : Manu's New Column - Translation Needed!

Doctor J
05-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Son nuevos, pero tienen todo muy claro

Ahora tenemos que empezar de cero. Así se viven los playoffs. Es cierto que todavía nos dura la alegría de haber terminado tan rápido la serie contra Phoenix que es un equipo durísimo, pero si miramos lo que viene, no podemos relajarnos ni un instante.

New Orleans fue una sorpresa en la temporada regular y volvió a serlo ahora. De ninguna manera esperaba que le ganaran con tanta comodidad a un equipo de experiencia y oficio como lo es Dallas. Son un equipo nuevo, pero tienen todo muy claro. Juegan bien y tienen todos los puestos cubiertos. Lo de Chris Paul es magnífico, porque además de anotar, sabe cuando darle la pelota a cada uno de sus compañeros. Peja Stojakovic también está muy certero, y David West... bueno, ni hablar: jugó una temporada de All Star.

Todavía no sé muy bien cómo van a ser los ajustes defensivos nuestros, ni los de ellos. Todo está por verse. Lo que sí puedo decir ahora, antes de empezar la serie, es que los respeto muchísimo. Las dos veces que nos ganaron en la temporada nos aplastaron (102-78 y 100-75), aunque nosotros ganamos los otros dos.

Hay un par de cuestiones tácticas que me preguntan sobre la serie con Phoenix. La primera es sobre las faltas a Shaquille O Neal. Yo sé bien que a muchos no les gusta, pero también hay que decir que hicimos todo dentro del reglamento y nos dio resultados. Se buscan las flaquezas del rival y se disimulan las propias. Mas allá de que Shaquille metiera los libres o no, ellos no pudieron jugar el ataque como les gusta. Se les cortó el ritmo. Lo que hicimos tal vez no sea lindo para ver, pero las reglas están hechas así y nosotros no cruzamos ningún límite. De esa manera, además, evitamos que se nos metiera adentro y nos genere un roce innecesario en el contacto con las marcas.

La otra fue el planteo contra Phoenix. Pop nos dijo que Tim, Tony y yo teníamos que definir la mayor cantidad de ataques, porque somos los que más complicamos a los Suns. Tal vez por eso nos hayan visto algo diferentes en nuestro estilo.

Pero como todas las series son diferentes, de la misma manera ahora, contra los Hornets, vamos a jugar mucho más interno. Esa será nuestra primera opción en el juego estacionado. Porque el juego de Duncan le hace mucho daño a New Orleans. Después, vamos a aprovechar a Tony, que está con unos playoffs tremendos. Junto con él, jugaremos más en la transición o con el pick and roll .

Por haber varios choques de la primera rueda sin terminar, nosotros jugamos esta noche y no sabemos cuándo tenemos el segundo partido, porque tenemos que esperar que definan el resto.

En el vestuario hablamos mucho sobre lo que está pasando en las dos Conferencias. En el Oeste, donde se esperaban duelos más cerrados, casi todos pasamos fácil. Los Lakers sobre todo, que se perfilan como los candidatos. En el Este, donde las diferencias eran más marcadas, hay enfrentamientos que se siguen jugando. Realmente no puedo creer que Boston haya tenido problemas con Atlanta. ¡Y Detroit! Con la experiencia que tienen, les costó demasiado cerrar la serie contra Philadelphia.

Lo positivo en todo esto es que tenemos tiempo para descansar. Yo todavía no estoy bien de la lesión en el tobillo, que me complicó más de lo esperado. Por eso sigo con tratamientos. Por suerte durante los playoffs no nos entrenamos, porque toda la exigencia, que es mucha, está en los partidos. Si lo pienso así, más valor le doy a haber terminado 4-1 la serie con Phoenix.

This may be Manu's new column following the Game 2 loss?

Can anybody translate this please?

ducks
05-07-2008, 12:21 PM
translation
I had to many turnovers in game three
I believe tp,duncan and I are going to will the spurs to victory in game 3

hater
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
this is worthles to translate. it was prior to Manu's game 1 and 2 implosion

Darcus
05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Google's automatic translation seems to be good enough to get the general ideas across:

They are new, but all have very clear

Now we have to start from scratch. This is living
the playoffs. It is true that we are still the hard
joy after ending the series so fast
against Phoenix is a team that durísimo, but if
look at what lies ahead, we can not relax or
instantly.

New Orleans was a surprise in the season
Regular and returned to be now. No way
hoped that he won with a much comfort
Office equipment and experience as is Dallas.
They are a team again, but all have very clear.
They play well and have all posts filled.
What of Chris Paul is wonderful, because besides
record, know when to give the ball to each
his companions. Peja Stojakovic is also very
accurate, and David West ... good, nor talk: played
a season of All Star.

We still do not know very well how they will be adjustments
our defensive neither of them. Everything is
to be seen. What I can say now, before
start the series, is that much respect.
The two times we won in the season we
crushed (102-78 and 100-75), although we
we won the other two.

There are a couple of tactical issues that you ask me
on the series with Phoenix. The first is on
faults to Shaquille O Neal. I know well that
many do not like, but you also have to say
we did everything within the rules and gave us
results. Wanted the opponent's weaknesses and
disguise themselves. Beyond that Shaquille
Meter free or not, they could not play
the attack as they like. They cut off the pace.
What we did might not be nice to see, but
Rules are made well and we do not cross
no limit. Thus, in addition, that we avoid
we met inside and we generate a rubbing
unnecessary contact with trademarks.

The other was put against Phoenix. Pop us
said Tim, Tony and I had to define the
largest number of attacks, because they are the ones who
more complications to the Suns. Perhaps that is why we
have seen something different in our style.

But like all series are different, the
Similarly now, against the Hornets, we will
play much more internal. That will be our first
option stationed in the game. Because the game
Duncan makes a lot of damage to New Orleans. Then,
we will take Tony, who is about
tremendous playoffs. Along with him, play more
the transition or the pick and roll.

Having several shocks of the first round without
Finally, we played tonight and we do not know
when we have the second match, because we have
to wait for defining the rest.

In the dressing room talked a lot about what is
happening in the two Conferences. In the West,
where they were expected duels more closed, almost all
pasamos easy. The Lakers above all, that is
emerging as candidates. In the East, where
the differences were more marked, there are
clashes that are still playing. Really
I can not believe that Boston has had problems
with Atlanta. And Detroit! With the experience
have cost them too close the series against
Philadelphia.

The positive aspect in all this is that we have time
to rest. I'm still not good of the
ankle injury, complicated to me over the
expected. That is why I continue with treatments. By
Fortunately during the playoffs we do not train,
because the entire requirement, which is plentiful, is in
parties. If you think so, I give more value
have ended the series with Phoenix 4-1.

xtremesteven33
05-07-2008, 12:29 PM
????

Doctor J
05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Google's automatic translation seems to be good enough to get the general ideas across:

Thanks for your input. :toast

I thought this was written after the first two playoff games against Hornets.

hater
05-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for your input.:toast

I thought this was written after the first two playoff games against Hornets.

Manu tried to write a column last night but he kept fumbling the pen

MoSpur
05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
This column was before Game 1 of the Hornets series. He talks about the Spurs strategy on the Hack a Shaq. He talks about getting treatment on his ankle. He also talks about how good the Hornets are and how much respect he has for them. Pretty much it.

phxspurfan
05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Pero como todas las series son diferentes, de la misma manera ahora, contra los Hornets, vamos a jugar mucho más interno. Esa será nuestra primera opción en el juego estacionado. Porque el juego de Duncan le hace mucho daño a New Orleans. Después, vamos a aprovechar a Tony, que está con unos playoffs tremendos. Junto con él, jugaremos más en la transición o con el pick and roll .

Yeah, so much for that idea. It's almost like coach Scott knew we were going to do that.

DAF86
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
This was already posted here.

E20
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I thought I was reading an excerpt by Yoda from teh Jedi handbook .

Man of Steel
05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
He was saying:

"Fucking Tony--stupid ass--needs to leave his bitch wife alone long enough to get with the game plan. She needs to keep her knees closed until the series is over."

SpurOutofTownFan
05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
He was saying Bonzi touched his tits twice on those 2 consecutive turnovers next to the line.