PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans sound a lot like Suns fans a few weeks ago

Jayem
05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
"we can do it, its not over, wait till we get home..." :lmao

its over, hornets are the better team. we don't repeat. spurs need to get younger this off season. good luck next year guys. go spurs go!

ducks
05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
everyone said spurs needed to get younger 2 years ago
then last year spurs won it
they called the age experience and if they lose this year
they will say need to get younger if they win it was their experience

DarrinS
05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/features/health/theskinny/blog/debbie_downer.jpg

Summers
05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Except the Spurs have the hardware to back up their fans' trash talking. It's not bragging if it's true.

In the meantime, your fan club membership is revoked.

hater
05-07-2008, 12:29 PM
true, except Spurs have proven to be clutch. Suns never did

Jayem
05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
everyone said spurs needed to get younger 2 years ago
then last year spurs won it
they called the age experience and if they lose this year
they will say need to get younger if they win it was their experiencespurs won last year because...dallas was eliminated, suns got suspended and detriot was eliminated..that made for an easy run. theres no way we can beat the hornets, lakers, celtics with this old team. guys just can't keep up.

Except the Spurs have the hardware to back up their fans' trash talking. It's not bragging if it's true.

In the meantime, your fan club membership is revoked.the point is we all knew the series was over yet they still acted like it wasn't. its the same case here, this series is over.

bus driver
05-07-2008, 12:39 PM

its over, hornets are the better team. we don't repeat. spurs need to get younger this off season. good luck next year guys. go spurs go!

:loser

san antonio spurs
05-07-2008, 12:39 PM
spurs won last year because...dallas was eliminated, suns got suspended and detriot was eliminated..that made for an easy run. theres no way we can beat the hornets, lakers, celtics with this old team. guys just can't keep up.

the point is we all knew the series was over yet they still acted like it wasn't. its the same case here, this series is over.
you'll enjoy the remaining games then

MoSpur
05-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Is Jayem really a Spurs fan or a Lakers/Suns/Hornets fan posing as a Spurs fan? How is it the Spurs fault that Detroit was eliminated, Dallas, eliminated, and Suns suspended? The Spurs played who was put in front of them. End of story. The Spurs aren't responsible for other teams getting beat.

bus driver
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM

In the meantime, your fan club membership is revoked.

:tu

:flag::lobt2::flag:

hater
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
jayem = gay loser

Mixability
05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
I guess your avatar pic should say, "Go ahead, you can have it".

BlackSwordsMan
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
lol danyo

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM

The Suns have a team of fucking chokers and overrated players that have never won shit. Spurs are champs with lots of heart and grit.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 01:47 PM
spurs won last year because...dallas was eliminated, suns got suspended and detriot was eliminated.

Dallas got spanked in RD 1 last year and then got spanked again in RD 1 this year and the Suns were supposed to get revenge on us this year, how did that work out for them???

Budkin
05-07-2008, 02:44 PM

Goodbye quitter.

Gino
05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
true, except Spurs have proven to be clutch. Suns never did

Uh....Duncan's Spurs have never come back from being two down.

George Gervin's Afro
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM

valid point.. We can only hope there will be a first time..

SAtown
05-07-2008, 03:14 PM
jayem = gay loser

:tu

Strike
05-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Fuck off and die, you defeatist cunt.

Why don't you stab yourself with a rusty knife dipped in AIDS. Do society a favor and kill yourself.

Kermit
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Grow some nuts. Quit being a pussy. Root for your team.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2008, 10:36 PM

Point taken, but uh . . . . Duncan's Spurs have only been down 0-2 on 2 occasions -- 10 years ago against the Jazz and 7 years ago against the Lakers.

Duncan's Spurs have been down 2 games (i.e., 1-3) on 2 other occasions (02 against LA and 06 against Dallas).

The last time Duncan's Spurs were in a situation down 2 games in a series, they were one stupid foul short of overcoming that deficit -- and that was in a series in which they had no margin for error after going down 2 games.

I get your point, but I'm not sure that you've found some sort of meaningful statistic, given that Duncan's teams have played in 28 prior series, have encountered this situation in only 4 of those series, and very nearly overcame more serious circumstances the last time they found themselves here.

I'm not saying they're absolutely going to get over the hump this time, but they have certainly shown the ability to rally in the past.

Mister Sinister
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
OP should STFU, then quickly GTFO of ST forever.

nashzilla
05-07-2008, 11:04 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/features/health/theskinny/blog/debbie_downer.jpg

:lmao

nashzilla
05-07-2008, 11:06 PM
The Suns have a team of fucking chokers and overrated players that have never won shit. Spurs are champs with lots of heart and grit.

your moms the champ of loose vaginas. go stand high and mighty in traffic.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 01:03 AM
You really need to stop using my avatar pic, because you are a fucking pussy.

Gino
05-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Point taken, but uh . . . . Duncan's Spurs have only been down 0-2 on 2 occasions -- 10 years ago against the Jazz and 7 years ago against the Lakers.

Duncan's Spurs have been down 2 games (i.e., 1-3) on 2 other occasions (02 against LA and 06 against Dallas).

The last time Duncan's Spurs were in a situation down 2 games in a series, they were one stupid foul short of overcoming that deficit -- and that was in a series in which they had no margin for error after going down 2 games.

I get your point, but I'm not sure that you've found some sort of meaningful statistic, given that Duncan's teams have played in 28 prior series, have encountered this situation in only 4 of those series, and very nearly overcame more serious circumstances the last time they found themselves here.

I'm not saying they're absolutely going to get over the hump this time, but they have certainly shown the ability to rally in the past.

They're 0-4 when being down two games in a series. Further, the Spurs didn't lose the game when Ginobili fouled Dirk. They lost in overtime. How can you say they've "certainly" shown the ability when theyve failed all four times?

I think its perfectly reasonable to point out that Duncan's Spurs have never been able to rally from two games down.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2008, 10:20 AM
They're 0-4 when being down two games in a series. Further, the Spurs didn't lose the game when Ginobili fouled Dirk. They lost in overtime. How can you say they've "certainly" shown the ability when theyve failed all four times?

I think its perfectly reasonable to point out that Duncan's Spurs have never been able to rally from two games down.

If Ginobili doesn't foul Dirk, the Spurs are up 1 with seconds left on the clock. It's fair to say that the foul cost them the game (though the lack of defense in the first 15 minutes of that game might have done the same) despite the overtime period.

And all I said is that they've shown the ability to rally -- they did, after all, come from down 1-3 to get to a 7th game that they very easily could have won. Rallying and winning the series aren't necessarily the same thing. Since 2002, they've faced a situation like this one exactly once and came perilously close to doing something that only a handful of teams in league history have ever accomplished.

If you're going to be so damned nit-picky, why not acknowledge that the 1998, 2001, and 2002 Spurs bear little resemblance to the current Spurs team and that the only Duncan-led bunch that went down 2 games while looking most like this team very nearly did what you're implying they can't do.

GrandeDavid
05-08-2008, 10:23 AM

Uh, four championships IS clutch. And this is a different year and different dynamic. WeŽll see what happens.

Slomo
05-08-2008, 10:29 AM

Right now I have a lot more respect for those Suns fans, than I have for you.

Gino
05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
If Ginobili doesn't foul Dirk, the Spurs are up 1 with seconds left on the clock. It's fair to say that the foul cost them the game (though the lack of defense in the first 15 minutes of that game might have done the same) despite the overtime period.

And all I said is that they've shown the ability to rally -- they did, after all, come from down 1-3 to get to a 7th game that they very easily could have won. Rallying and winning the series aren't necessarily the same thing. Since 2002, they've faced a situation like this one exactly once and came perilously close to doing something that only a handful of teams in league history have ever accomplished.

If you're going to be so damned nit-picky, why not acknowledge that the 1998, 2001, and 2002 Spurs bear little resemblance to the current Spurs team and that the only Duncan-led bunch that went down 2 games while looking most like this team very nearly did what you're implying they can't do.

Its still Duncan's and Popovic's team. Their style of play is exactly the same it was then and they still rely on Duncan as their guy.

Further, the last time this happened, the Spurs were lucky to get a game 7 as Jason Terry was suspended in one of their victories and they were nearly down 0-2 to start the series but Dirk missed a layup.

I don't see the "rally" happening.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Its still Duncan's and Popovic's team. Their style of play is exactly the same it was then and they still rely on Duncan as their guy.

Further, the last time this happened, the Spurs were lucky to get a game 7 as Jason Terry was suspended in one of their victories and they were nearly down 0-2 to start the series but Dirk missed a layup.

I don't see the "rally" happening.

I understand your conclusion; I'm just disputing the thought process that gets you to it. I don't think history is decisive in saying it can't be done; the fact that the Spurs have looked like garbage in Games 1 and 2 is probably more indicative of your point, not the fact that they've never rallied from 2 games down to win a series.

rascal
05-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Not only that the spurs have not been clutch when facing their own elimination. They do not have a good record in elimination games and that is not clutch.

The spurs need to take both games at home or else it is having to win 3 times in elimination games and the spurs recent history is not good in elimination games.

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Ahem -- BUMP.

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Gino puts foot in mouth again.

bdictjames
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Gino puts foot in mouth again.
:lol

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice bump.

I have to admit having no doubts after the 1st 2 but serious doubts after game 5. To get blown out like that in a pivotal game 5 and yet come back to win the series against a team playing great ball was absolutely outstanding.

ATXSPUR
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
It looks like this thread is a FAIL!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
who let the trolls in spurtaaaa.....fokn

Cry Havoc
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
You can't kill The Duncan
The Duncan will live on
The Nuggets tried to kill The Duncan
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
The Suns tried to kill The Duncan
But they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground
Boozer tried to kill The Duncan Ha.... HAHAHAHA!
He failed, as he was blocked to the ground
Aargh! yaow! [x2]

[Singing]

No-one can destroy The Duncan
The Duncan will strike you down with a vicious blow
We are the vanquished foes of The Duncan
We tried to win for why we do not know

Cleveland tried to destroy The Duncan, but The Duncan had his way
Shaq-fu tried to dethrone The Duncan, but Duncan was in the way
Chris Paul tried to destroy The Duncan, but Duncan was much too strong
David Stern tried to defile The Duncan, but Crawford was proven wrong
Yea!

Duncan!
He comes from hell!

(this song needs a really cool background that simply says, "The Duncan")

Kermit
05-20-2008, 01:01 PM
What a dumbass.