PDA

View Full Version : Real Spurs Fans????

STX_21
05-07-2008, 04:09 PM
1. Some make excuses (most popular one the flu)
2. I've seen a few conspiracy theories
3. I've even seen some threads crying about the Hornets playing rough
4. Then there are those who think we should have a team overhaul (we're too old)
5. Some suggest that Pop is getting out-coached

SHUT THE FUCK UP

We lost two games to a very good team that plays very good basketball. No excuses needed, this is a good team. I believe we have the best coaching staff in the game. We have the best team in the game. And I believe we can beat another good team. Why be a fan if you wont believe? I dont know this team to be quitters and I believe we can win this series. Lets leave the excuses, conspiracies, and the whining to the Suns and Mavs fans.

All props to the Hornets. You play great team ball, and solid defense. This will provide a good side note to this 2008 campaign. Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

The_Worlds_finest
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Its all the same skanks who were jumping the boat during the regular season

Medvedenko
05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Yet another "believe" thread.....ugh....Look buddy, you believing doesn't mean shit and the reality is if the Spurs believe they can pull it out. However, since belief is pretty subjective maybe the Hornets "believed" more and won the last 2 games....just maybe your logic is flawed. The only thing fans like us can do is what you already implied....complain about refs, conspiracy theories, who's MVP and debate ad nauseum about who's better between TP or KB24. You can believe all you want, however it has no barring on any outcome.

CP3forMVP
05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
thanks stx, this is a very good site to talk basketball when all the dumbass wannabe basketball fans aren't in. i would not leave out that the hornets are a younger team and maybe just be outhustling the spurs because of there age.

The_Worlds_finest
05-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Look a canadian...

Jon1798
05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
4. Then there are those who think we should have a team overhaul (we're too old)

SHUT THE FUCK UP

We lost two games to a very good team that plays very good basketball. No excuses needed, this is a good team. I believe we have the best coaching staff in the game. We have the best team in the game. And I believe we can beat another good team. Why be a fan if you wont believe? I dont know this team to be quitters and I believe we can win this series. Lets leave the excuses, conspiracies, and the whining to the Suns and Mavs fans.

All props to the Hornets. You play great team ball, and solid defense. This will provide a good side note to this 2008 campaign. Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Very good post. There is no reason why the Spurs can't beat the Hornets 4 of the next 5. I think they got a little shell shocked against a Hornets team that does not let a team breathe and a very rabid fan base. Things can change very quickly, starting with game 3.

cherylsteele
05-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Game 1 the Spurs were there until about halfway through the 4th qtr, then everything went wrong. The Spurs had there chances in that game even with being sick....at least that is what I heard on TV.

Game 2 the Spurs were there at halftime then decided to stay in the locker room and the Hornets played all 48 min. and they played well.

I take solace in that the Spurs have yet to play a solid game in this series. That is not saying they will win the series but if both teams play there "A" game, it should very competitive and close, much like the Mavs series in '06 but with a different outcome this time hopefully.

The Hornets a re a solid team, it is no shame to lose to them, I would hope the Spurs play they way they can though

Medvedenko
05-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Look a canadian...

That's the best you got....calling me a Canadian....wow good one.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Yet another "believe" thread.....ugh....Look buddy, you believing doesn't mean shit and the reality is if the Spurs believe they can pull it out. However, since belief is pretty subjective maybe the Hornets "believed" more and won the last 2 games....just maybe your logic is flawed. The only thing fans like us can do is what you already implied....complain about refs, conspiracy theories, who's MVP and debate ad nauseum about who's better between TP or KB24. You can believe all you want, however it has no barring on any outcome.

How many times are you going to complain about believe threads?? You are not a Spurs fan so stop whining about us supporting our damn team.

DarrinS
05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I believe. I believe. Now I'm a "real" Spurs fan.

http://www3.telus.net/planetkevin/files/ForumPics/gay_thread.jpg

Summers
05-07-2008, 06:13 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I get tired of single-digit posters lecturing the board on how to be a "real" fan. How 'bout you STFU.

Avitus1
05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Go Spurs Go!

ChumpDumper
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I like reading the conspiracy theories.

spursfan09
05-07-2008, 07:33 PM

I believe!!!!!!!!! go spurs! I believe!!!!!!!!!

ClingingMars
05-07-2008, 08:28 PM

SpursTalk, not LakersTalk.

Thus,

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/STFU/normal_unclesam-stfu.jpg

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
oooo
pulling the post count card

nice

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/522708943_53452d8b93.jpg?v=0

- Mars

jag
05-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I will await SpursDynasty 21's post...

this is, after all, a thread for "real spurs fans"

Obstructed_View
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Some start threads calling out a message board with a whole four posts in their back pocket...

ClingingMars
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I will await SpursDynasty 21's post...

this is, after all, a thread for "real spurs fans"

ATTENTION : THE SPURS MUST WIN 4 GAMES TO ADVANCE PAST THE HORNETS.

somethin' like that.

- Mars

td_tp_manu
05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
i like this post;
through the years many spurs fans are spoilt with winning and winning;
those who's been with the team since the start of this century understand the meaning of supporting the team when they are going low

Obstructed_View
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
i like this post;
through the years many spurs fans are spoilt with winning and winning;
those who's been with the team since the start of this century understand the meaning of supporting the team when they are going low

That literally made me :lol. Aren't the Spurs by far the winningest franchise in sports since that time?

peskypesky
05-07-2008, 09:11 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP

:toast

I agree with you totally. We lost to an excellent team on their home-court. No shame in that. Duncan my have had the flu, and the refs may have swallowed their whistles, but the fact remains that the Spurs didn't play well enough to steal a game.

Maybe Kenny Smith was right when he said the Spurs look like they gave everything they had to beat the the Suns, and now just don't have much left in the tank. Maybe the Spurs will dig deep, win the next two at home and even the series. I think they can and will do that at least.

But if they lose, it's not like they lost to the Warriors or Nuggets. The Hornets are the real deal this year.

That being said:
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Summers
05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/522708943_53452d8b93.jpg?v=0

- Mars

I don't have a penis. I'm not pulling any "card" out. My point is this: the OP's rant is akin to someone wondering into a room full of strangers, having no idea what people are doing or talking about, and telling them they're all idiots. It's rude.

dualmax
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Spurs have been a team that overcame everything listed above, each championship they gone thru had one of the component listed above. We can handle them with no problem, the only problem we have is to win it in 6 instead of 7.

FilSpursFan
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Champs don't quit... GO SPURS GO
GO SPURS GO
GO SPURS GO

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
SpursTalk, not LakersTalk.

Thus,

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/STFU/normal_unclesam-stfu.jpg

- Mars

+1

i wish he would get that message already.

Strike
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Thank you.

That's what I've been trying to say for the past few days. If some of you whining fucking maggots want to give up on your team because they hit a slump or are facing elimination, you'd be more comfortable being Suns or Lakers fans.

Brutalis
05-07-2008, 10:22 PM
That's the best you got....calling me a Canadian....wow good one.

A Canadian Lakers fan.

I'd rather die a horrible death. No offense or anything. :bang

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 11:15 PM
A Canadian Lakers fan.

I'd rather die a horrible death. No offense or anything. :bang

LOL :lmao

STX_21
05-08-2008, 07:42 AM

NOOO...Really? I thought me believing would make us win it all again this year.... no one is saying that....dumbass. I'm saying, there is no shame in losing to a good ass team on their home court. If you're going to jump off the reigning champs bandwagon because they dropped two on the road to a very good team, then you're a pretty lame fan. And if you're going to resort to conspiracy theories, excuses, and complaining about the refs, join the Sun and Mav fans in support of their teams. Let's try to keep it real in here. If we lose this series, its because the Hornets played better basketball than we did.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STX_21
05-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I get tired of single-digit posters lecturing the board on how to be a "real" fan. How 'bout you STFU.

HAHAHA...What does the amount of posts I have on this board have to do with anything? You're probably saying that because u started some of those bitchy posts that I'm talking about. I have 4 posts because I dont always have the time to write what I'm thinking. However, this board has become unbearable at times since we lost 0-2 to the hornets. Sorry if I dont add up to a professional thread starter......usually you guys have it all covered.

SoCalSpursFan
05-08-2008, 08:08 AM

SHUT THE FUCK UP

6. Some start threads accusing other people of not being "Real Spurs Fans"

samikeyp
05-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I've been a Spurs fan since the mid '70's.

That real enough for ya, junior?

SoCalSpursFan
05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
I've been a Spurs fan since the mid '70's.

That real enough for ya, junior?

no, sorry.

you violated the "making excuses" rule #1 in 1987. :nope

SAGambler
05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
I take solace in that the Spurs have yet to play a solid game in this series.

You mean you take solace in the one fact that should have you very concerned?

There is a reason the Spurs haven't played a solid game yet.

SAGambler
05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Thank you.

That's what I've been trying to say for the past few days. If some of you whining fucking maggots want to give up on your team because they hit a slump or are facing elimination, you'd be more comfortable being Suns or Lakers fans.

I'll ask one more time. Point me to one thing in games 1 and 2 that make you believe the Spurs can come back from a 2-0 deficit.

Both were basically the same. The Spurs are so worn out they can only manage to play hard for 24 minutes. I don't expect that to change a great deal. Maybe the Phoenix series took more out of them than they would like to admit.

As for "whining fucking maggots", well, did you ever think there are people around here that can actually recognize when a team is in trouble? And right now, the Spurs are in big trouble. Pull off the rose colored homer glasses and you might be able to see it too.

samikeyp
05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
no, sorry.

you violated the "making excuses" rule #1 in 1987. :nope

:wtf

hater
05-08-2008, 08:53 AM

the only thing flawed is you posting in this thread. get the fuck out bitch

manufor3
05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
thanks stx, this is a very good site to talk basketball when all the dumbass wannabe basketball fans aren't in.

so this site is awesome when you aren't here???

Spurs73
05-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't have a penis. I'm not pulling any "card" out. My point is this: the OP's rant is akin to someone wondering into a room full of strangers, having no idea what people are doing or talking about, and telling them they're all idiots. It's rude.

Uh no - you just don't like being called out. So if someone stands in the room and listens and then outside of the room and listens some more to all of the front running, crybaby bandwagon fans giving up and doesn't say anything, that then makes it irrelevent when they do say something?

Oh my post count is soooo high therefore do NOT call me out cause I'm the queen up in here.

Get over yourself - and oh yeah despite the low post count - he's right.

STX_21
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM

HAVING NO IDEA???? I've been a member of spurstalk for 2 years. I simply dont have time to start and write threads.....AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? I apologize if I hurt your feelings. This further lets me know that you're one of the bitch ass fans that have been running around with the white flag. I guess your thread count is sky high so that makes you the authority on this board...HAHAHAHA...GET A LIFE BITCH!

Summers
05-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Here's the funny thing... I happen to agree with you on some points. My beef was with the way you introduced yourself to the forum by bitching at everyone. I still think it's rude and now you're being rude to me personally. You didn't hurt my feelings; but you are wrong. I'm not one of those "bitch ass fans" waving the white flag and I don't think I'm smarter or whatever than you because of my post count. But I do think with a membership that dates back about 3 weeks, you may not be able to distinguish between real panic and the regulars who like to post annoying shit just to stir things up. You may not know the biweekly "Fire Pop" threads are a joke. If you've really been a member for 2 years, then you were too big a pussy to post that shit under your regular name, but you're calling me the bitch.

Oh, and welcome to the forum mother fucker.

samikeyp
05-08-2008, 01:03 PM
While I agree with most of the points you made, STX, Your definition of a "real fan" is just that...yours. You shouldn't call someone out if they see things differently because bottom line is that you both root for the same team. To me personally, a "real fan" is someone who always roots for their team whether they are a title contender or a lottery fixture. However, a fan can still call out their team's poor performance while maintaining their loyalty. I think the Spurs are playing like microwaved ass at the moment but that doesn't mean I won't still be pulling for them to win because I will, but that also means when they play like shit, I have no reservations about saying so.

STX_21
05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
While I agree with most of the points you made, STX, Your definition of a "real fan" is just that...yours. You shouldn't call someone out if they see things differently because bottom line is that you both root for the same team. To me personally, a "real fan" is someone who always roots for their team whether they are a title contender or a lottery fixture. However, a fan can still call out their team's poor performance while maintaining their loyalty. I think the Spurs are playing like microwaved ass at the moment but that doesn't mean I won't still be pulling for them to win because I will, but that also means when they play like shit, I have no reservations about saying so.

I totally agree with you. Nothing is wrong with calling out the team if they're playing bad. What I have a problem with is us asking that our roster be revamped, suggestions that Pop is an idiot, conspiracy theories, etc. We're playing like shit, losing to a good team, and let's keep it there. We dont need to resort to the Sun/Mav fan losing attitude......that's where i draw the line on a Spurs fan. This board is always calling out other fans for whining, bitching, making up excuses, and i dont think we need to do that for our team. We havent played well. And i think we can correct this. This is my opinion of course......

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 08:52 PM
oooo
pulling the post count card

Actually, it's pulling the "poor first impression" card. Nobody is saying he doesn't have the right to do it, but some dipshit starting a thread on a message board saying "shut the fuck up" with one of his first posts is laughable, and you know it, particularly when coupled with the ever-lame "I decide what constitutes a real fan" smack.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 08:55 PM
We dont need to resort to the Sun/Mav fan losing attitude......that's where i draw the line on a Spurs fan. This board is always calling out other fans for whining, bitching, making up excuses, and i dont think we need to do that for our team. We havent played well. And i think we can correct this. This is my opinion of course......

To that extent, I agree with you. The above would have been an excellent OP.