PDA

View Full Version : "Pop" must address something this time

polandprzem
05-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Been there seen that - thing I used to say not to get involve my mind too much into stuff that can provide any kind of mental breakdown.

But been there seen that also can be used in a spurs situation right now. Pop seems to look like a guy that have absolutely no idea what is going on. He just shrugs his shoulders and 'says' : what can we do agaist these guys? They are just too good
More then that it's a loser mentality. Although he will try to win it stays in his mind taht the oponent is better, so the effort won't be at maximum level.

That's one thing.

The other is that Pop thinks he have so much experience players that he don't have to say nothing to build confidence or motivation. It is true in some occasions but not necessery always, if that makes any sense?
Sometimes it's better to say something out loud to be perfect sure everybody are on that same page.

What I have seen during those 2 games @ NO is lack of confidence and confusion. It's so astonishing it gets into my nerves. Spurs got heart but it's hidden somewhere. I'd rather them find it in San Antonio then in Phoenix (got to be in one of those places).

One game at a time - that's what Tim said during the press conference - cliche right?
But the reality is not bright, spurs are in deep sheet.
It is what it is you can't change the past.

What can you do is to change the future to prevent the past getting you!

Mind goes first - the body follows.

If Pop still stays stubborn and won't say anything to build the confidence back, the spurs are screwed. And it not only comes what he says to fire the team up, but the adjustments the player believe will be successfull.

Tim said also that they need to do it as a team.
Hopefully Tim can do his job as well.

No more passing on open shots or being lost on offense. So many mistakes I saw at that two games it's insaine. It's time for the world champions to show why they are champions.

It ain't over till it's over Pop - do not throw a white towel into a ring man !

:flag:

Emanuel20
05-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Insert Brent in the starting line up....we need someone that will make some
3s.

Manu_Ginobili
05-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Been there seen that - thing I used to say not to get involve my mind too much into stuff that can provide any kind of mental breakdown.

But been there seen that also can be used in a spurs situation right now. Pop seems to look like a guy that have absolutely no idea what is going on. He just shrugs his shoulders and 'says' : what can we do agaist these guys? They are just too good
More then that it's a loser mentality. Although he will try to win it stays in his mind taht the oponent is better, so the effort won't be at maximum level.

That's one thing.

The other is that Pop thinks he have so much experience players that he don't have to say nothing to build confidence or motivation. It is true in some occasions but not necessery always, if that makes any sense?
Sometimes it's better to say something out loud to be perfect sure everybody are on that same page.

What I have seen during those 2 games @ NO is lack of confidence and confusion. It's so astonishing it gets into my nerves. Spurs got heart but it's hidden somewhere. I'd rather them find it in San Antonio then in Phoenix (got to be in one of those places).

One game at a time - that's what Tim said during the press conference - cliche right?
But the reality is not bright, spurs are in deep sheet.
It is what it is you can't change the past.

What can you do is to change the future to prevent the past getting you!

Mind goes first - the body follows.

If Pop still stays stubborn and won't say anything to build the confidence back, the spurs are screwed. And it not only comes what he says to fire the team up, but the adjustments the player believe will be successfull.

Tim said also that they need to do it as a team.
Hopefully Tim can do his job as well.

No more passing on open shots or being lost on offense. So many mistakes I saw at that two games it's insaine. It's time for the world champions to show why they are champions.

It ain't over till it's over Pop - do not throw a white towel into a ring man !

:flag:

Unless, something quick happens in game 3, the Spurs will be SWEPT THIS YEAR REAL BAD...REALITY CHECK...We just don't have the resources to compete with the young teams - KEEP THE BIG 3 and change the entire roster - we need FRESH, YOUNG PLAYERS TO STEP UP AND EAT THOSE HORNETS ALIVE...FIRE POP'S ASS WHO DID SO MANY STUPID TRADES this year - he let go the young players and BROUGHT THE OLD DONKEYS - OLD DONKEYS DON'T WIN A TITLE...NOT ANYMORE IN THE NBA!

polandprzem
05-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Been there seen that

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-07-2008, 05:52 PM
2001, 2004 forum.

xtremesteven33
05-07-2008, 05:52 PM
you think pop is not saying anything? just because he doesnt say nothing to the media doesnt mean he isnt finding a way or has found a way to cotain the hornets? thats ridiculous. popovich and duncan are exactly the same when it comes to the media.

its give very little info, and remain humble and almost meek.

cmon guys its not that hard to figure out.

ClingingMars
05-07-2008, 05:54 PM
CIA Pop

- Mars

Manu_Ginobili
05-07-2008, 05:57 PM
you think pop is not saying anything? just because he doesnt say nothing to the media doesnt mean he isnt finding a way or has found a way to cotain the hornets?

I highly doubt Pop inst saying anything, BUT the opposite - Popovich is SCREAMING, the problem is HE PUT HIMSELF in a stupid situation BY ACQUIRING THOSE OLD "DONKEYS" and passed on the young players - now, HE CANNOT COMPETE with the young and athletic Hornets...PERIOD... Fire his ass if he gets SWEPT - HE SCREWED UP THIS TIME - "BIG TIME"!!!

Kori Ellis
05-07-2008, 06:01 PM
I highly doubt Pop inst saying anything, BUT the opposite - Popovich is SCREAMING, the problem is HE PUT HIMSELF in a stupid situation BY ACQUIRING THOSE OLD "DONKEYS" and passed on the young players - now, HE CANNOT COMPETE with the young and athletic Hornets...PERIOD... Fire his ass if he gets SWEPT - HE SCREWED UP THIS TIME - "BIG TIME"!!!

And just two weeks ago, everyone was saying how awesome Pop/the Spurs were against the Suns. Two losses, doesn't mean any of that changed. The Hornets are very good. Championships don't come easy. The Spurs just need to make some defensive adjustments and make it a competitive series.

SPARKY
05-07-2008, 06:03 PM
How many "young" teams have won a championship over the last 10 years?

GinobiliLooms
05-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I think I'm in love with Kori.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 07:03 PM
And just two weeks ago, everyone was saying how awesome Pop/the Spurs were against the Suns. Two losses, doesn't mean any of that changed. The Hornets are very good. Championships don't come easy. The Spurs just need to make some defensive adjustments and make it a competitive series.

Exactly we don't need Ra Ra speeches here, as if the Spurs don't know their chances of a repeat are going down the drain with every loss. This team is motivated to win, Pop just needs to worry about adjustments.

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Well not saying anything, waiting for the situation to figure it out itself won't help.

I know what Pop says to the media. But his body language tells that the spurs are doing everything but still are not able to win, well they were blownout !

The spurs are good when they are controling the series, when they let other teams go ahead, they are losing something.

I know what you mean by saying that Pop is doing his speaches, but as long as he repeated himself that he do not have to say anything just because the players knows what is going on it won't help.

Then we have Po shrugging - "what can i do? They are too good"
Then we have Tim with his head down - "Fuck I can get a basket!" (and that shit absorbing his concentration.
Then we have all our permiter guys not taking shots, they are double thinking the situation other then just play the game hard.

Maybe it's just me. But that's the way I see it.
Thay alleyoop dunk CP-TC could have been stopped if TD would go for the ball, it was in his reach, but he was thinking about Paul maybe will take it to the rim or maybe he will pass - that cause the confusion and next thing you know - you got Pwnd.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Pop is the best coach in the NBA..he's coached 4 championship Spurs teams..let's show some trust in him..it wasn't his fault Tim couldn't make a shot in game 1..it wasn't his fault Manu and Parker have completely sucked and made terrible decisions..it's not his fault the shooters can't make open shots..

that's 2 games where we got blown out..we'll see if he adjusts in game 3..if he doesn't, THEN you can criticize him..

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Hitting jumpers will open up the paint and allow us to do what we do. Much like running the ball well opens up the passing game in football. Whatever the case, they have forced us to hit shots and that's exactly what we have to do if we decide to collapse on defense and turn the ball over or not.

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Hitting jumpers will open up the paint and allow us to do what we do. Much like running the ball well opens up the passing game in football. Whatever the case, they have forced us to hit shots and that's exactly what we have to do if we decide to collapse on defense and turn the ball over or not.

There was a Mavs-Hornets series this year. You can go with the same excact conclusion and I bet Pop did. So what? We are 0-2 with that knowledge.
It's about mental toughness.

And if I want to criticise somebody after two games not three I will do it.
Thanks

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 02:46 AM
There was a Mavs-Hornets series this year. You can go with the same excact conclusion and I bet Pop did. So what? We are 0-2 with that knowledge.
It's about mental toughness.

And if I want to criticise somebody after two games not three I will do it.
Thanks

0-2 because I know we missed shots? Huh?
It is about mental toughness, of course. And a bunch of other things as well.

And I don't think I even quoted you to begin with.
You are welcome.

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 02:49 AM
0-2 because I know we missed shots? Huh?

Nope
Because all knew that Hornets probably will do just that.
Not good gameplan on game 1 and no adjustments for (and in) game two.

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 02:55 AM
The only adjustments are obvious and previously stated here several times,.. perhaps starting Manu, getting Barry minutes, and playing Bowen on Stickhead and Parker on Flipper.

Everybody does what NO is doing, they just have done it well. And we have missed shots and then in turn lost focus to close out a game. So my first point was hitting jumpers to start. Doesn't matter what we do defensively if we shoot like we have been.

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 03:01 AM
The only adjustments are obvious and previously stated here several times,.. perhaps starting Manu, getting Barry minutes, and playing Bowen on Stickhead and Parker on Flipper.

Everybody does what NO is doing, they just have done it well. And we have missed shots and then in turn lost focus to close out a game. So my first point was hitting jumpers to start. Doesn't matter what we do defensively if we shoot like we have been.

The point is trhe spurs won't hit the shots double thinking the situation (shoot or not to shoot that is the question). And they won't hit the shot with that confusion and lack of confidence.
You all may think they are not lacking confidence just because they are experienced, but it seems like they do.

If you are not confident in what you are doing you lost. And it must start with the adjustments on the mental aspect firstly.

SenorSpur
05-08-2008, 03:05 AM
I was encouraged when the game got a lil' chippy. I'd rather see some emotion than the usual cardboard cool and blank stares from most of the players.

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 03:33 AM
Hit me if you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j82GKTgVDkw

Stop trying to hit me and hit me!

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 03:36 AM
Why the youtube is not working for me when I try to put it in to the post?

polandprzem
05-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Spurs played that third game like they should.
And instead being 2-1 they are 1-2

Still Hornets on drivers seat and still they scoring easily on spurs.

Good that something clicked on the shooters, hopefully Hornets won't be back with better play.

Sunday is the day

polandprzem
05-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Emotions and mental aspect was there.

Maybe Pop sended the messages through e-mail and when players went home they read it and produce.

The thing is thy hit NO instead thinking about beating them. And it comes along with the quck decisions on the court, like shooting the ball or passing or intimadating.

That alleyoop dunk CP-TC could have been stopped if TD would go for the ball, it was in his reach, but he was thinking about Paul maybe will take it to the rim or maybe he will pass - that cause the confusion and next thing you know - you got Pwnd.
This time Tim was able to steal that lob pass.
And that was what I was talking about.

Hopefully you will get my point, if not? Who gives a damn, all in all my threads are not super popular.

:dramaquee