PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it now (Heath Ledger Dark Knight thread)

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Heath Ledger gets an undeserved posthumous Academy Award for his role as The Joker.

The writing is so on the wall for this one it makes me want to hurl.

CuckingFunt
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I'd agree if it weren't a Batman movie. Maybe he'll get something for whatever is left of his part in the Terry Gilliam film he was shooting, but that's a longshot, as well.

If he'd died before the 2007 nominations were completed, however, there's no doubt in my mind that he would have gotten a posthumous Supporting Actor Oscar for his part in I'm Not There.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Nobody's going to get an Academy Award for playing the friggin' Joker.

Avitus1
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I'd be shocked if anyone got any nominations for playing any comic book character.

Kermit
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Why would comic book characterizations that merit the honor of a nomination suprise you? Are they not real enough for you? Perhaps you prefer the mentally retarded man who runs through history, defeating the Chinese in pingpong or screwing a lovely lady with AIDS but never contracting the desease. Or the homicidal maniac who shoot his way through Texas never to be caught. Or a white guy as Ghandi. They're all not real. What does it matter if it's a comic book character?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
The initial responses thus far will certify the future metaphorical Dslapping I will reign upon thou when mine prophecy comes to pass.

Shaolin-Style
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
You mean someone playing a dramatic emotionally disturbed war hero jew in world war 3 whos a fighter pilot having an affair over seas with a russian prostitute while his pregnant wife at home laments his faux death and finds out about it and eventually kills him at the end of the movie upon his return won't win?

Damn, I WISH the joker could get the award.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Seemed to have touched the fanboy nerve there.

And BTW, Ben Kingsley's birth name = Krishna Bhanji.

Kermit
05-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Seemed to have touched the fanboy nerve there.

And BTW, Ben Kingsley's birth name = Krishna Bhanji.

I'm a fanboy for pointing out the obvious? It's all make believe. Perhaps I should've used a Nebraskan from German descent as a Sicilian mobster. Either way, who gives a shit?

PM5K
05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm sure he'll be great, but an Academy Award is a huge stretch....

Ignignokt
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
if he chugs cock on batman, he's a shoo in.

E20
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Why would comic book characterizations that merit the honor of a nomination suprise you? Are they not real enough for you? Perhaps you prefer the mentally retarded man who runs through history, defeating the Chinese in pingpong or screwing a lovely lady with AIDS but never contracting the desease. Or the homicidal maniac who shoot his way through Texas never to be caught. Or a white guy as Ghandi. They're all not real. What does it matter if it's a comic book character?
:tu

Ignignokt
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM

good job, Cannnttt bbbbbbbeeee Faddddeeddddd!!

Kermit
05-07-2008, 10:51 PM
good job, Cannnttt bbbbbbbeeee Faddddeeddddd!!

It wasn't a response to CBF. You may now go back to chugging weiner.

Ignignokt
05-07-2008, 11:02 PM
It wasn't a response to CBF. You may now go back to chugging weiner.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao :lmao :rollin:rollin

Chugging weiner!!! hahahahahaha!!!

that's a brilliant comeback for an 8th grade softball player.
congrats!!:lmao

Kermit
05-07-2008, 11:07 PM
if he chugs cock on batman, he's a shoo in.

I'm just following your lead. And don't be like Karl Malone. Stay away from those eight graders.

Ignignokt
05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm just following your lead. And don't be like Karl Malone. Stay away from those eight graders.

:lol, first of all. I was complimenting your post, and i thought you were an alias of the CBF. I wasn't saying you were responding to CBF like you claimed.

But for getting butthurt over something so small, and having reading comprehension deficits, putting your rape fantasies with dudes aside, i figured you to be an eight grader.:rollin

Kermit
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
:lol, first of all. I was complimenting your post, and i thought you were an alias of the CBF. I wasn't saying you were responding to CBF like you claimed.

But for getting butthurt over something so small, and having reading comprehension deficits, putting your rape fantasies with dudes aside, i figured you to be an eight grader.:rollin

So, if you thought I was CBF, how the fuck am I having comprehension issues? And rape fantasies? You're on another planet.

Ignignokt
05-07-2008, 11:15 PM
So, if you thought I was CBF, how the fuck am I having comprehension issues? And rape fantasies? You're on another planet.

proved my point. I said reading comprehension.

go play with daddy's balls little man.

Mister Sinister
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
proved my point. I said reading comprehension.

go play with daddy's balls little man.
Rape fantasies? Homosexual incest? You're all over the place, man! Focus!

Back OT, though, Mark Hamill=Joker.

Ignignokt
05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Rape fantasies? Homosexual incest? You're all over the place, man! Focus!

Back OT, though, Mark Hamill=Joker.

Just calling how i see it. With a poster who has the words "balls deep" for gardener jesus montoya, let no homo joke left behind.

Mister Sinister
05-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Just calling how i see it. With a poster who has the words "balls deep" for gardener jesus montoya, let no homo joke left behind.
:lol Ooook, I need to stop reading up on Batman immediately before posting on ST, because my first thought was "Wait, no, fuck that, Montoya's a lesbian."

Kermit
05-08-2008, 08:16 AM

Keep trying.

monosylab1k
05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Oh he definitely has a chance to win. He's a 100% lock to be nominated. No doubt about that.

And the vast majority of Academy Award winners don't deserve it.

peewee's lovechild
05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Ben Kingsley is not white.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM

ROFL
gtown I never imagined you THAT stupid. You really thought I was Kermit? That would be one of the gayest alter screens of all time. Give me some credit.

Heath Ledger
05-08-2008, 09:09 PM

Spurminator
05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
This thread was on its way to Classicville until gtown started posting.

Ignignokt
05-09-2008, 01:10 AM
ROFL
gtown I never imagined you THAT stupid. You really thought I was Kermit? That would be one of the gayest alter screens of all time. Give me some credit.

agreed.

Ignignokt
05-09-2008, 01:18 AM
This thread was on its way to Classicville until gtown started posting.

And by that i will say that Humanity was on its way to its evolutionary climax till you were fused from a downs midget and a shift manager from the Burger Tex, in a test tube. Then later you were either C sectioned from a hooker, or shitted out by John Candy shortly after his death after his nerve and muscles gave out.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2008, 08:07 PM
http://blogs.ktla.com/ktlamorningnews/2008/06/urgent-from-sam.html

Hoh, CORSO
CBF should garner himself a spur for calling this one if it goes down

ShoogarBear
06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Haha. I knew this thread was gonna get bumped once I saw the reviews.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2008, 08:38 PM
It's so obvious. The hubbub after his death, the boost it gave to the mystique of "The Dark Knight", the way (I foresaw) they 'inadvertently' would use his death to give the mystique an even bigger boost....its an endless cycle that will culminate in a heroic posthumous oscar award

jack sommerset
06-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I have to see the movie first but Hollywood could give him the award especially if its a supporting actor nomination. Hollywood really seemed to like the guy.

curtismedellin
06-28-2008, 12:55 PM
So we're basing all these awards on tv and movie trailers????

T Park
06-28-2008, 03:12 PM
It does look like a kick ass movie.

ShoogarBear
06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
So we're basing all these awards on tv and movie trailers????

And early reviews.

Heath Ledger is overrated, but dead and overrated is a tough combination to beat.

curtismedellin
06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
No, i agree the promotion for this flick is fuckin off the charts. No one more than me is rooting for Heath to get some type of regognition for this performance.

I just hope the wad isn't blown on 9 tv spots and 3 trailers.

BTW is it just me or does everyone else want the Joker to kick Batmans ass in this one.
It already looks like Heath has already stole this movie away from Bale by a long shot.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-28-2008, 05:25 PM
You have to look at the facts and the way this abomination known as Hollywood works.

He did not win any awards for Brokeback Mountain IIRC, and many felt he was snubbed. That fact alone makes his next overrated appearance in a movie even more overrated.
Then, we have a virally marketed Dark Knight movie....a sure sign the movie itself will be overrated.

Then we have his freakin death, involving drugs and an olsen twin.

Overrated x 3

Now we have all the ingredients for the inevitable posthumous oscar.

Someone should have called this way before me....in fact i searched the forums to see if anyone else did call it before i posted this.

T Park
06-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Well he was good in the Patriot.

I always thought he was an ok to good actor.

mFFL03
06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
new clips up! how bout we just merge this with the TDK thread?

Kermit
06-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I just returned from a screening and I wanted to commit this to a public forum as quickly as possible. Heath Ledger gives a blockbuster performance in the new Batman movie. His work, as The Joker, will absolutely be nominated for an Oscar, and at this point in the year, Ledger is also a hands-down favorite to win it posthumously. Ledger offers perfect pitch, perfect tone, his Joker hits all the right notes. 'The Dark Knight' is among the better super-hero movies of all time, and Ledger is THE BEST villain in a super hero movie of all time. Really. It will only add to the conversation of all that Ledger could have accomplished had he lived. Amazing work.

:lmao

1Parker1
06-29-2008, 10:47 AM
It already looks like Heath has already stole this movie away from Bale by a long shot.

:lol :tu Seriously, this may be the first superhero movie where the majority of movie watchers will be rooting for the bad guy to come through.

BTW, Who's the female lead in this movie? Please don't tell me it's Katie Holmes again...:pctoss

EDIT: Just checked, it's Maggie Gyllenhaal as the female lead.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:27 AM
hhwwwhawhwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa t???

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Nobody's going to get an Academy Award for playing the friggin' Joker.

rawFULLLL

RAWWWWWFfulllll

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Manny is WRONNGGGGG

Amuseddaysleeper
07-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Heath Ledger deserves Best Supporting Actor if you ask me right now.

He was incredible. If anything, his performance really helped overlook some of the flaws of this film. Great performance.

mookie2001
07-20-2008, 01:34 AM
common marriot number nine?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Heath Ledger deserves Best Supporting Actor if you ask me right now.

He was incredible. If anything, his performance really helped overlook some of the flaws of this film. Great performance.

I'm so confident in my foreseen douchebaggery of mass marriott opinion that I'm almost on the verge of totally throwing the gauntlets down and saying that not only will Heath be nominated for a LEAD oscar role, but the establishment will successfully persuade the marriotts (you) of america that Heath Ledger was intended to be the main, lead character of the batman movie.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Ledger was already nominated for Best Actor before, so it's not like he didn't have the talent to receive the award. I half-agree with CBF, the hype factor of the film and Ledger's death is going to push many people to hand him the award now. But usually when you watch a movie, you follow the story and the characters but you're still think of the actors' real names as you watch them. It was pretty fucking hard to do that while watching Ledger's performance as Joker.

S_A_Longhorn
07-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Heaven forbid that he actually deserves the award for his performance?

Real nice folks here who call "it" before even seeing the film. Ledger's Joker was incredible. I can't think of any other words to describe it.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Ledger dying has NOTHING to do with his performance.

I challenge anyone here to name who has had a better performance this year than Ledger.

Fuck, only Daniel Day-Lewis had a better performance than Ledger did in the past two years.

Heath Ledger
07-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Daniel Day Lewis is overrated.

ComfortablyNumb
07-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Heath's performance was way too hyped up. He won't win an Oscar.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Daniel Day Lewis is overrated.

His Oscar says otherwise.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
And, he has more than one.

leemajors
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM

I challenge anyone here to name who has had a better performance this year than Ledger.

Fuck, only Daniel Day-Lewis had a better performance than Ledger did in the past two years.

Ken Watanabe in Letters from Iwo Jima was better than both of them.

timvp
07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Someone predicting a person will be overrated after they die young is like predicting the sun will rise the next day.

monosylab1k
07-21-2008, 02:58 PM

This guy is better than all of them times a million.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/10/24/departed-leo.jpg

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 03:13 PM

Plausible arguement.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
This guy is better than all of them times a million.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/10/24/departed-leo.jpg

He was brilliant in The Departed, but Ledger's Joker made for a more electrifying performance.

I give it to dead boy, but Leo is a close second (along with Day-Lewis).

lefty
07-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I'd be shocked if anyone got any nominations for playing any comic book character.

Why not?

It wasn't just a comic book character, but also a real funny psychopath

T Park
07-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Hes gonna get the award because he transcended the villain in film.
No longer does the villain now fit in a certain box.

No longer does the villain fit stereotypes. Ledger changed, the way a villain can be cast or be.

Ledger made it possible to where the villain is the one you root for.

The only beef with his character, is that I wish there was more background brought into his character. Just a bit.

Heath Ledger
07-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Daniel Day Lewis winning an Oscar means shit, its like the Heat winning the NBA finals...

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
The good news for the Academy, there are no Fanboys who vote on it. The Best Supporting Actor category is safe.

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Hes gonna get the award because he transcended the villain in film.
No longer does the villain now fit in a certain box.

No longer does the villain fit stereotypes. Ledger changed, the way a villain can be cast or be.

Ledger made it possible to where the villain is the one you root for.

The only beef with his character, is that I wish there was more background brought into his character. Just a bit.

Credit Nolan for making it a reality-based franchise. That's the best part of the new series.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-23-2009, 12:39 AM
The initial responses thus far will certify the future metaphorical Dslapping I will reign upon thou when mine prophecy comes to pass.

And to every single person who doubted me within the first few days of me creating this thread (except you shoog, you my boy, and with the addition of peewee's love child, that guy is a bozo deluxe)

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyou're a fuckin moron

Jesus Christ I fucking own you all. I made this thread on may 7th of '08. And my exact words were that the writing was already on the wall.

Never doubt the Unfadeable One.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-23-2009, 12:42 AM

:lmao
what a grade A blubbering stuttering stumbling douche

IronMexican
01-23-2009, 12:50 AM
I hated this movie.

ShoogarBear
01-23-2009, 01:14 AM
:lol

Technical point, I said he won't win, not that he won't get nominated. Although he doesn't really have much comp now, since the kid from Slumdog Millionaire didn't get nominated.

I still haven't seen TDK, guess I'll have to go to the re-release.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Stay strong bro, I haven't seen that garbage yet either.

He will win the thing. Mark my words.

ace3g
01-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Heath will win, not because he died, but because he completely put all of his talent, emotion, dedication, and time into the role. Unlike Jack Nicholson in Batman (who basically played Jack), even if you knew who ledger was but didn't know he was in the movie, you would never once in the film be like "hey that's ledger" It wasn't only the make up, he completely changed everything from his voice to his posture (pretty much filmed the entire Dark Knight slouching) to give film audiences the most realistic and scariest Joker ever, someone that could actually exist in reality.

Ledger will win because of his performance not because of his death.

ace3g
01-23-2009, 01:48 AM
also how have some of you guys not seen The Dark Knight yet, for no other reason go see it to help its box office numbers so some movie will finally beat Titanic for the box office record. I mean come on why watch a 3 hour movie where you already know the outcome, the freaking boat sinks !!!!!

J.T.
01-23-2009, 02:38 AM
also how have some of you guys not seen The Dark Knight yet, for no other reason go see it to help its box office numbers so some movie will finally beat Titanic for the box office record. I mean come on why watch a 3 hour movie where you already know the outcome, the freaking boat sinks !!!!!

You already know the outcome of any superhero movie too...

1. Superhero kicks some ass

2. Villain shows up, owns him for a bit

3. Superhero wins big fight which consumes 85% of film's SFX budget

4. Repeat steps 1-3, just add "2" to the movie title

sonic21
01-23-2009, 04:46 AM
he deserved to be nominate, TDK didn't :tu

S_A_Longhorn
01-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Stay strong bro, I haven't seen that garbage yet either.

I guess that would qualify you for a "douche" as well since you disregard Ledger's work without ever seeing it.

"Who's the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Xolotl
01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I guess that would qualify you for a "douche" as well since you disregard Ledger's work without ever seeing it.

"Who's the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

I have the same question as Longhorn. How can you give criticism about a performance and you haven't even seen it?

timvp
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
^^Uh oh. CBF won't want to go to the sideline to see the ol' ball coach after dat one.

IronMexican
01-23-2009, 10:44 AM
That movie was so fucking overrated.

urunobili
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Heath's Joker>>>>>>>>> Darth Vader

desflood
01-23-2009, 10:49 AM
I think that TDK would have been the typical insipid Hollywood superhero movie had it not been for Ledger's performance as the Joker. He was brilliant and was the one thing that made the movie shine. Maybe he deserves the award, maybe not, but if it's awarded it will be because of his performance, not because of his death.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I guess people on the club are too stupid to understand that this thread is simply about me calling Ledger for a posthumous academy award the day after he died.

Not about my criticisms about his performance. Once again....simple concepts elude you. My criticisms are the 25 other Dark Knight threads. It's funny how as time went on, more and more people became PeeWeeesque in regards to this movie.

desflood
01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
I guess people on the club are too stupid to understand that this thread is simply about me calling Ledger for a posthumous academy award the day after he died.

Not about my criticisms about his performance. Once again....simple concepts elude you. My criticisms are the 25 other Dark Knight threads. It's funny how as time went on, more and more people became PeeWeeesque in regards to this movie.
Almost everybody understands your point. We're just putting in our own points. Did you expect to put up a thread and not have that happen?

S_A_Longhorn
01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
You already know the outcome of any superhero movie too...

1. Superhero kicks some ass

2. Villain shows up, owns him for a bit

3. Superhero wins big fight which consumes 85% of film's SFX budget

4. Repeat steps 1-3, just add "2" to the movie title

You also obviously haven't seen the movie. 85% of the film's budget was probably used for middle fight scene, not the ending "wins big fight" scene. And since everyone (but you and CFB) have seen the movie, no need to worry about spoilers - The Joker wins.

I think that TDK would have been the typical insipid Hollywood superhero movie had it not been for Ledger's performance as the Joker. He was brilliant and was the one thing that made the movie shine. Maybe he deserves the award, maybe not, but if it's awarded it will be because of his performance, not because of his death.

That's just it. The script, a very original storyline unlike any other superhero movie (Batman isn't a 'superhero' BTW), gave great material for actors like Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, and Christian Bale to become the perfect Com. Gordon, Havey Dent/Two-Face, and Batman, respectively.

S_A_Longhorn
01-23-2009, 11:43 AM

So, following your 'superior intellectual" logic, every actor that dies before their last movie will be nominated for an Academy Award? You're right......I am too stupid to follow that logic.

Again, your point might hold weight if you could criticize Ledger's performance. But since you can't since you haven't seen it, it simply makes your a narcissistic hater.

But hey, great avatar! :toast

chode_regulator
01-23-2009, 03:13 PM

sonic21
01-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Iron Man > TDK

Cant_Be_Faded
01-23-2009, 09:40 PM
So, following your 'superior intellectual" logic, every actor that dies before their last movie will be nominated for an Academy Award? You're right......I am too stupid to follow that logic.

Again, your point might hold weight if you could criticize Ledger's performance. But since you can't since you haven't seen it, it simply makes your a narcissistic hater.

But hey, great avatar! :toast

No you are retarded for assuming that I put forth any kind of logic at all. It's just a prediction. Not an assumption. A prediction. A prediction I called instantly after hearing about his Olsen-Twin-Aided Death. A prediction I will dangle from my crotch and slap you across the face with when it comes to pass.

And the kids

just

LOVE IT

Cant_Be_Faded
02-22-2009, 11:24 PM
wha-whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

chode_regulator
02-22-2009, 11:45 PM
wha-whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I was waiting for that. :downspin:

balli
02-22-2009, 11:47 PM
:lol So was CBF.

desflood
02-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Good, CBF - part of your prediction that he would win was correct. Now prove to us the other part of your prediction - that it was undeserved.

Rogue
02-23-2009, 09:59 AM
congrats Heath Ledger

I think his short yet flashing performances in "monster's ball" are more memorable, but it didn't even bring him a nomination for Oscar. and he was frustrated again in 04 when his "broke back mountain" brought him the nomination but not a win. Thank God he got the Oscar finally, though it's just for the leading role and he couldn't sense the moving moment himself.

CuckingFunt
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Good, CBF - part of your prediction that he would win was correct. Now prove to us the other part of your prediction - that it was undeserved.

The "deserved" is the tough one to prove, this year. I thought Supporting Actor was one of the most competitive categories (or, at least, should have been), and I'll be the first to admit that Ledger may not have won it under different circumstances.

Was the performance deserving of a nomination? Absolutely. Was it really better than Josh Brolin, Robert Downey, Jr., and Phillip Seymour Hoffman? There... I'm not so sure. There's no question in my mind that his win was at least partly influenced by the fact it was his last chance to be recognized and that, were he still alive, it would have likely been Brolin or Downey with the award this morning. But at the same time, it's nowhere near as blatant a compensation award as something like Russel Crowe's statue for Gladiator.

David Bowie
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I was so happy when he won. I've loved Heath in every movie I saw him in. Very talanted actor and a trajic death. Chronic anxiety is a bitch to treat, and sometimes it's very difficult not to go for those pills. People tend to build tolerence to those pills, thts why it's so easy to O.D. I cried when he died.

Kermit
02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
But at the same time, it's nowhere near as blatant a compensation award as something like Russel Crowe's statue for Gladiator.

Or Julia Roberts in the movie about the lady with huge knockers.

TheProfessor
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I think Ledger would have won regardless of his death. Downey, Jr., wouldn't have won for a comic performance, Hoffman already got his Oscar, Shannon was just lucky to be there. Brolin probably would have been the primary competition, but Ledger's previous nomination would have put him over the top. That's assuming he gets the nomination in the first place if he hadn't died, though.

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
But at the same time, it's nowhere near as blatant a compensation award as something like Russel Crowe's statue for Gladiator.

Denzel washington winning for Training Day was bigger horseshit, the only reason he got it was cause Crowe won for Gladiator the year before. He was better in A beautiful mind than Gladiator. Also it was black people day at the oscars that year, if you were black you got an award