PDA

View Full Version : Paul Will Write The Name "Brian," on His Shoe Before Tonight's Game

alon504
05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
What an incredible gesture on Paul's part. For those of you at the game, notice Paul's shoes tonight.... http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/paul_will_honor_a_boy_whose_wi.html

lefty
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice from CP3

Bulwark
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Very nice gesture and touching story.

E20
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
:tu

BonnerDynasty
05-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Just when I thought the media couldn't portray him as the golden boy any more...

TDfan2007
05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Just when I thought the media couldn't portray him as the golden boy any more...

Wow...c'mon man quit being such a hater. CP3 is a hothead but he's a good kid. I just hope that this doesn't add fuel to the Hornets' fire. THe last thing we need is to face an EVEN MORE fired up NO team...

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't know what's so incredible about writing the kid's name on your shoe, since I'm sure anyone with a pulse would be touched by the story enough to think about him.

Shaolin-Style
05-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Ah crap, just what we need, an avid 8 yo fan's ghost dashing our hopes.

Wish he could have met the kid, but thats a touching way to pay tribute to him.

freemeat
05-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Extremely nice gesture on CP3's behalf...that's going to mean a helluva lot to the kid's family.

But does this mean I can't watch the game because I'm a Spurs fan named Brian?

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 02:57 AM
That was awesome of Paul to give all the Hornets luck to him, now we have a chance right.

hsxvvd
05-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Stoudamire did the same thing in our series, but he accidently wrote "Brain", every time he looked down at his shoes he was reminded he didn't have one.

rayray2k8
05-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Stoudamire did the same thing in our series, but he accidently wrote "Brain", every time he looked down at his shoes he was reminded he didn't have one.

:lol

But serioulsy, I'm sure if Paul could do more, he would, but its the least he can do to remember his unknown friend.

Ginofan
05-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Nice gesture, but I still dislike the guy.

GrandeDavid
05-08-2008, 06:09 AM
What a terrific gesture and God rest that little boy's soul.

King Ju I
05-08-2008, 06:14 AM
I know you guys hate CP3 on the court. But off the court(to all my knowledge) hes really a good guy. Great gesture here.

jochhejaam
05-08-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't know what's so incredible about writing the kid's name on your shoe, since I'm sure anyone with a pulse would be touched by the story enough to think about him.

A.R.K.

Acts of Random Kindness, it's what makes the World go 'round.

Incredible? Nah, but quite a touching story. It's a tribute to Brian and good P.R. for a Make-A-Wish Foundation.

It's not about C. Paul, and I'm betting that's the way he wants it.

jochhejaam
05-08-2008, 07:05 AM
oh wow he wrote a name on his shoe!!!!!!!!!!

i'm pretty sure the spurs organization wouldn't bother contacting the media if a spurs player did this

Yeah, because they wouldn't want to circulate a "feel good" news story. :rolleyes

It's not a basketball thing, it's not about the Spurs, or the Hornets, or Paul, it's a eulogy to Brian, a memoriam for his Family, and...ah, what's the use.

JustSpurs
05-08-2008, 07:45 AM
What a terrific gesture and God rest that little boy's soul.

alon504
05-08-2008, 07:50 AM
WOW....There are some really disturbed individuals in San Antonio. Just WOW. That's all I can say.

VoiceofReason
05-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I can tell you firsthand, and anyone around town who's run into him will attest, that Paul is a good guy off the court. Even the neighbors in his condo building are impressed with his courtesy and generosity. On the court, no doubt, he can be annoying to the opposition. I like it!

SoCalSpursFan
05-08-2008, 08:06 AM
WOW....There are some really disturbed individuals in San Antonio. Just WOW. That's all I can say.

No one is saying it isn't a great gesture, but it's like why does he need everyone to know. He EASILY could have said nothing. The family declined any help from the Hornets owner and are having a private service so obviously they do not want the attention. Doing a great thing for someone is one thing, but doing it and "leaking" it to the media...ya......kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

VoiceofReason
05-08-2008, 08:07 AM
No one is saying it isn't a great gesture, but it's like why does he need everyone to know. He EASILY could have said nothing. The family declined any help from the Hornets owner and are having a private service so obviously they do not want the attention. Doing a great thing for someone is one thing, but doing it and "leaking" it to the media...ya......kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

Pretty sure the organization was behind the newspaper story . . . not Paul himself.

SoCalSpursFan
05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Pretty sure the organization was behind the newspaper story . . . not Paul himself.

Either way, do you agree that if Paul wanted it kept quiet then it would have been?

I think the Spurs have a bad rap but if Bruce Bowen did this people wouldn't give a F, etc etc.

Whatever though, I'm not taking anything else away, just realize you are posting this on a Spurs board during the playoffs...don't expect Christmas cards, ya know?

VoiceofReason
05-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Maybe, maybe not. But it's pub for Make-a-Wish. Remember that local papers have writers sniffing around for human interest stories all the time.

cjjr72984
05-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Just when I thought I couldn't like CP3 any more......

The kid is pure class on and off the court. I'm so happy we drafted him.

macatak911
05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
What an incredible gesture on Paul's part. For those of you at the game, notice Paul's shoes tonight.... http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/paul_will_honor_a_boy_whose_wi.html

Cool.

Now go back to your fascist site.

DarrinS
05-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Nice gesture by CP3.

Jacob
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM
... why does he need everyone to know...

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/802/duncegi8.gif

SAGambler
05-08-2008, 08:46 AM

You've got to be kidding me.

I can just imagine the reaction here if you replaced Paul with Duncan, Parker or Ginobilis name.

Just adds to my belief that most fans are fucking idiots.

hater
05-08-2008, 08:48 AM
that does not qualify as an INCREDIBLE gesture. it's nice ok. so what?

SonOf504
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
INCREDIBLE gesture

hawt

alon504
05-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Cool.

LOL...and this is coming from a suppostious Hornets fan. You don't fool me.

Jacob
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/802/duncegi8.gif

SonOf504
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM

Hi, Alon. I've always enjoyed your posts over at Saintsreport and Hornetsreport. I'd really like to take this e-relationship to the next level though. I feel as though we should be up front with everyone here on this forum and all around the message board world. I did get your PM's last night, and I am ready lol. See ya tonight big boy.

And wear your CP3 jersey.:married:

Los Spurs
05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
In his final weeks, Brian told his family that he knew he was going to heaven and that he wanted to meet Jesus wearing his Chris Paul jersey.

Sorry, kiddo. Jesus is a Spurs Fan!

stretch
05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Sorry, kiddo. Jesus is a Spurs Fan!

Get the fuck out.

degenerate_gambler
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi, Alon. I've always enjoyed your posts over at Saintsreport and Hornetsreport. I'd really like to take this e-relationship to the next level though. I feel as though we should be up front with everyone here on this forum and all around the message board world. I did get your PM's last night, and I am ready lol. See ya tonight big boy.

And wear your CP3 jersey.:married:

:married:

nkdlunch
05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
nice try CP3. too bad God already picked a team

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/ap_spurs_nuns_070607_ms.jpg

YoMamaIsCallin
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
It's a nice gesture and all, but it would have been a lot more real had it not been shmooozed and schmaltzed through the PR people and the media. Not to say Paul's feelings aren't genuine, I'm sure they are. But once PR gets done with it, it's just another feel-good story, like those annoying "The NBA Cares" promos they run every 30 seconds. "Joe Blow read a story to some kids that the PR people paraded in front of him! Wow! The NBA Really Cares! Our Players are Good! We are not thugs!"

BonnerDynasty
05-08-2008, 11:29 AM
You've got to be kidding me.

I can just imagine the reaction here if you replaced Paul with Duncan, Parker or Ginobilis name.

Just adds to my belief that most fans are fucking idiots.

Fucking idiots? No. I'm just tired of the media getting on it's knees for anything N.O. related.

In contrast, to the media itching to sweep the Spurs under the rug.

If you can't see it though, I guess I am not the fucking idiot.

Them zooming in on his shoes...is that going to cut into Eva's camera time???

nkdlunch
05-08-2008, 11:32 AM
well it's not going to hurt his shoe sales :smokin

BEE-lieve
05-08-2008, 11:36 AM
:clapyell

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
It's a nice gesture and all, but it would have been a lot more real had it not been shmooozed and schmaltzed through the PR people and the media. Not to say Paul's feelings aren't genuine, I'm sure they are. But once PR gets done with it, it's just another feel-good story, like those annoying "The NBA Cares" promos they run every 30 seconds. "Joe Blow read a story to some kids that the PR people paraded in front of him! Wow! The NBA Really Cares! Our Players are Good! We are not thugs!"

Agree. "The NBA Cares" promos are transparently obnoxious. Damage control b.s. campaign. The promotional aspect to it makes it pretty disingenuous, gestures for gestures sake. Fuck the media.
There's always something legitimately off putting when you call attention to your or even others' "good deeds" in a promotional fashion... some people naturally are going to be rubbed the wrong way.

Props to CP for doing something to honor the make-a-wish kid, though...

Fucking idiots? No. I'm just tired of the media getting on it's knees for anything N.O. related.

In contrast, to the media itching to sweep the Spurs under the rug.

If you can't see it though, I guess I am not the fucking idiot.

Don't sweat it.
Some people actually get duped by these "human interest story" angles.

Although, maybe some people are just more cynical than others...:lol

I feel bad bout' the kid and his family, at the same time I'm annoyed by the article/reporting attention to it, itself.

macatak911
05-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Do me a favor and go to your "Mod Control Panel" on HR and see that I'm banned. Now dig deeper and find out WHY I'm banned.

JamStone
05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Lame of CP3. He should just laugh at reading the story and write "tough luck, kid, sorry you had to die" on in his shoe. He didn't even know the kid. So who cares?

[/spinning a nice story because you want to hold on to your hate for the guy that's been kicking your ass]

Man of Steel
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Classy.

ClingingMars
05-08-2008, 12:07 PM

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
also

Cool.

- Mars

xtremesteven33
05-08-2008, 12:09 PM
i gues hes hoping that this kid will bring him good luck.