PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will win it in 6...

genomefreak13
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Spurs will win it in 6..

The NO is bound to lose. It's not only because they will be playing the spurs at home but more likely because of the rule on percentages.

A team may win consecutively but that series ought to end sometime. Tracing back to the first round, NO have 5 or 6 consecutive wins (I don't know the numbers and I didn't bother to look) - that means somewhere down the line they're bound to lose at least a game.

The spurs on the other hand is bound to win (at least a game). But as we all know it, a win in game three will change the momentum of the series. If NO is playing a first timer team - I wouldn't even bet on a 4 game winning streak for the other team. But they're playing the NBA champions! SA is a poised and experienced team. A four game winning streak isn't a remote possibility.

I don't think NO can beat the spurs three in a row - more so in double digits. Shooting percentages of NO is bound to go down - while SA very low percentages is bound to go up.

It's time for some ass whooping!

So suck it up guys! were gonna party after 6. :flag::flag::flag:

lefty
05-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I beat you to it

Too late :D

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94423

genomefreak13
05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh well... its worth the effort. :lol Go spurs go!

lefty
05-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh well... its worth the effort. :lol Go spurs go!

:toast

dbreiden83080
05-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Lets just worry about tomorrow for now

genomefreak13
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't want to jinx anything...but I told you guys that we're gonna win in 6. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting pump up for the 6th game.

Go spurs go!

dbreiden83080
05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't want to jinx anything...but I told you guys that we're gonna win in 6. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting pump up for the 6th game.

Go spurs go!

Game 5 is going to be a war. NO is going to come out with a lot of fire and feed off the crowd. We can win it but we need to weather the storm and keep it close. No 3rd qtr beatdowns allowed for the Spurs this time.

td4mvp21
05-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Game 5 is going to be THE toughest game of the playoffs so far. I'm sure the Hornets' confidence is a little down (I think they really were expecting to beat us in 4 or 5), but the crowd will quickly resolve that issue. The fact is that the Spurs NEED to win on the road. Anything is possible.

genomefreak13
05-11-2008, 10:28 PM
The two losses is the best thing that happened to the series. Now the spurs know how to play them.

The third quarter breakdown is still a possibility but I think Pop already figured out what buttons to push. The true test however is whether all that SA did to win the past two games would work in NO.

If we get pass game 5 unscratched - I'll bet my money - this series is over in 6.

That would be a great addition to SA legacy.

justanotherspursfan
05-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Game 5 is going to be a war. NO is going to come out with a lot of fire and feed off the crowd. We can win it but we need to weather the storm and keep it close. No 3rd qtr beatdowns allowed for the Spurs this time.
NO doesn't have enough playoff experience to handle a Game 5. If they get a couple of rough possessions down the stretch they'll melt down.

SpursDynasty
05-11-2008, 10:30 PM
If mediocre LeBron James and the Cavs came back from 0-2 last year, the champion Spurs can do it. Mediocre Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavs also came back from 0-2 a few years back.

dav4463
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
No losses are good to me, but I hope it was the wake-up call the Spurs needed. I just hope they don't come out flat in Game 5 and let that crowd get behind them and get in the ref's heads. GO SPURS GO !!!

Take this series..................

genomefreak13
05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
NO doesn't have enough playoff experience to handle a Game 5. If they get a couple of rough possessions down the stretch they'll melt down.

Agree.

The best way to beat a rookie team is to lift their confidence so high and then let them fall to the ground.

Now experience becomes a factor...

genomefreak13
05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
No losses are good to me, but I hope it was the wake-up call the Spurs needed. I just hope they don't come out flat in Game 5 and let that crowd get behind them and get in the ref's heads. GO SPURS GO !!!

Take this series..................

We can handle the refs. That's what experience brings us. We've done that before.

I always like to keep a positive mindset - maybe that's why I'm so thankful for the loss. :toast

ATXSPUR
05-11-2008, 10:37 PM
calm down. we have to win game 5 first. but if we win game 5 the series belongs to us in 6...the Hornet's spirit will be broken.

But we must win game 5 first!

thiste
05-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Game 5 is key as I don't think we can win a game 7 over there if we couldn't do it the previous 3 times. Next game is a MUST WIN for the Spurs, and I see an indication that it can happen, if you heard Paul at the press conference he said it's no time to worry yet since it's a best of 3 series now.
That's inexperience for you right there. Game 5 will be the MOST important game of this series and if you don't win it you're toast, buddy.

SPARKY
05-11-2008, 10:43 PM
The Spurs have figured out how to defend the Hornets. What will be key in Game 5 will be the Spurs' offensive execution.

thiste
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Seconded. But that's a huge question mark. Our bench is gonna have to execute at the three.

genomefreak13
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Game 5 is key as I don't think we can win a game 7 over there if we couldn't do it the previous 3 times. Next game is a MUST WIN for the Spurs, and I see an indication that it can happen, if you heard Paul at the press conference he said it's no time to worry yet since it's a best of 3 series now.
That's inexperience for you right there. Game 5 will be the MOST important game of this series and if you don't win it you're toast, buddy.

Right you are. We must jump on them now. Otherwise they will get back their swagger and beat us on the 7th game.

ShoogarBear
05-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Lets just worry about tomorrow for now

You're allowed to skip worrying about tomorrow and go one day past that.

T Park
05-11-2008, 10:52 PM
The Spurs have figured out how to defend the Hornets. What will be key in Game 5 will be the Spurs' offensive execution.

Pretty much, but even that I think the Spurs have figured out.

The Hornets look absolutely clueless.

DespЏrado
05-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Way too early for this. The Spurs finished the season without putting together a string of three really good games, and that means they are their own worst enemy in this next one.

Game 5 has long been seen as the most crucial in deciding which way a series is going to go. The Spurs have earned the right to play a game 5 tied 2-2, but that is it.

I have little doubt that this will be the toughest game of this series to get a victory. Things can easily get out of hand on the road, and the Spurs have to show their mettle if they are going to win one on the road.

genomefreak13
05-11-2008, 10:59 PM
The best offensive execution that the spurs need is to LET GO OF PARKER.

Letting him score in the past games gave us positive results. It's a gauge of how our team is supposed to work.

More drives , more inside shots, more aggressiveness in the boards. It's the key to winning game 5.

In addition, I'm betting that Ginobili would be a monster on the 5th game. He has been somewhat silent in the past few games. For a player that leads his team in scoring - he's certainly bound for a huge night in game 5 and 6.

GSH
05-11-2008, 10:59 PM
The opening of Game 5 will be a zoo. I have a feeling that the game may be all but decided by one of the starters (on either team) getting into early foul trouble. The Hornets are going to be pressing to open the game, and that will be a good opportunity to suck Chandler or West into a couple of early fouls. But trying to draw fouls on them could really backfire if they call them the wrong way.

I think the key for the Spurs will be playing smart in the first 6 minutes of the game, so that neither of our starting bigs get into early foul trouble.
If the Spurs are patient and let the whistles happen if they are going to, but not try to draw cheap ones, the game will come to them. If the Spurs have enough free fouls to play defense as the game gets into the middle stages, the Hornets will be coming back here facing a must-win of their own.

Right now the Hornets have some serious ego problems going. Several of the Hornets players really started believing their own press, that "no one can stop them". Paul, West, and Peja especially will want to prove that they can match up against their counterparts. I've got my fingers crossed that they are going to come out pressing the 1-on-1 battles. If they do, they lose the war.

thiste
05-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm betting Tony will see the floor a LOT.

peskypesky
No losses are good to me, but I hope it was the wake-up call the Spurs needed.

No wake-up call was needed. Tim Duncan was just sick. He's well now.

genomefreak13
Right now the Hornets have some serious ego problems going. Several of the Hornets players really started believing their own press, that "no one can stop them". Paul, West, and Peja especially will want to prove that they can match up against their counterparts. .

Then they will learn how Lebron James learned a lesson in humility...