PDA

View Full Version : 17 magic number

Solid D
01-22-2005, 03:28 AM
Before I go to bed, a couple of interesting things I noticed in this game.

*Spurs were down by 17 points to end the third quarter.

*Spurs go small ball to start the 4th quarter and play a lineup of Beno, Manu, Brent, Devin and Tim for 17 minutes. 12 minutes of the 4th and 5 minutes of the OT (Tim went out for like 1 or 2 sec. for intentional foul purposes with 9 sec. remaining, but came back in).

*Spurs trailed by 6 late in the 4th, Brent Barry #17 hits 2 threes to put the Spurs in a position to win the game.

*Starting the OT, the Spurs trailing by 2, Brent Barry #17 sees the shot clock down to 6 seconds and takes a 26 footer, giving the Spurs a lead they would not relinquish. Barry's go-ahead three were the first of 17 points in OT by the Spurs!

Hmmmm

ZStomp
01-22-2005, 04:13 AM
You have too much time on your hands. :lol

johnny00
01-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Solid I love your threads, but I had to do a double take on your post. These kind of comments are usually reserved for some of the newer guys, No doubt due to great comeback win,a few beers and a late night.

:rollin

boutons
01-22-2005, 11:24 AM
user666 will appreciate the numerology :)

LilMissSPURfect
01-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Before I go to bed, a couple of interesting things I noticed in this game.

*Spurs were down by 17 points to end the third quarter.

*Spurs go small ball to start the 4th quarter and play a lineup of Beno, Manu, Brent, Devin and Tim for 17 minutes. 12 minutes of the 4th and 5 minutes of the OT (Tim went out for like 1 or 2 sec. for intentional foul purposes with 9 sec. remaining, but came back in).

*Spurs trailed by 6 late in the 4th, Brent Barry #17 hits 2 threes to put the Spurs in a position to win the game.

*Starting the OT, the Spurs trailing by 2, Brent Barry #17 sees the shot clock down to 6 seconds and takes a 26 footer, giving the Spurs a lead they would not relinquish. Barry's go-ahead three were the first of 17 points in OT by the Spurs!

Hmmmm

NUMBER 17 PULLS A KERR & WE WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP....BY 17 OVER DETROIT !
SCORE 17 -2

:elephant