PDA

View Full Version : These playoffs suck

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-08-2008, 12:11 AM
So hyped up for nothing.

Nuggets get swept, Suns and Mavs get owned, Rockets got done in 6

All top 4 seeds in the East win as expected (although the Hawks put up a good fight)

Spurs and Jazz down 0-2 now and likely done in 5 games.

The games arent even close now in the West.

TDfan2007
05-08-2008, 12:26 AM
So hyped up for nothing.

All top 4 seeds in the East win as expected (although the Hawks put up a good fight)

eh, I kind of have to agree.

ALTHOUGH, if the Spurs start playing like a competent NBA team (i.e. actually hit open shots and matchup intelligently) then we should get at least 1 exciting series.

TheMACHINE
05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I think Hornets fans and Lakers fans love it. I see a similarity between guys who think this post season sucks.

boutons_
05-08-2008, 01:28 AM
yep, agree, pretty boring on top of the Spurs situation.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 01:37 AM
So hyped up for nothing.

You should be fishing not posting

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 01:48 AM
for the losing teams fans it sucks...i enjoyed boston made to look like fools...the hornets, the lakers, the downfall of the suns and the mavs...it'll get better and more competitive once the best teams are left standing.

Fillmoe
05-08-2008, 02:29 AM
The playoffs are boring. Only Lakers fans, who dont watch the NBA outside of Lakers games, think it's actually interesting.

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 02:38 AM
The playoffs are boring. Only Lakers fans, who dont watch the NBA outside of Lakers games, think it's actually interesting.
You telling me that Atlanta series was boring? Al Horford telling PP to go fuck himself was not entertaining? Pachulia giving Garnett the bizness? That Suns/Spurs game 1 was incredible. Lakers playing crazy good basketball. Blame Sterne and his stupid fake refs and rules. It takes a lot of the competitiveness from the game.

rcs15
05-08-2008, 02:56 AM
So hyped up for nothing.

Maybe if GS was in instead of your weak ass loser Nuggets they would have at least won once or twice vs LA and made it more interesting.

Nuggets are a fucking joke.

Fillmoe
05-08-2008, 03:04 AM
You telling me that Atlanta series was boring? Al Horford telling PP to go fuck himself was not entertaining? Pachulia giving Garnett the bizness? That Suns/Spurs game 1 was incredible. Lakers playing crazy good basketball. Blame Sterne and his stupid fake refs and rules. It takes a lot of the competitiveness from the game.

The amount of lame series' far outweighs the 1 good series we have had....

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Maybe if GS was in instead of your weak ass loser Nuggets they would have at least won once or twice vs LA and made it more interesting.

Nuggets are a fucking joke.

So the playoffs are not exciting because the Lakers are winning? BRILLIANT. They won the West so they play the weakest 8th seed unless it's just a bad match up. You guys play the Jazz last year and it's the toughest road to the finals but when we play them they suck? We sweep the Nuggets and they suck but that's something the Spurs couldn't do the Nuggets two years in a row "sweep" the Nuggets. This hating is out of control.

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 03:24 AM
The amount of lame series' far outweighs the 1 good series we have had....

Blame the Mavs and Suns for making stupid trades.

endrity
05-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Blame the Mavs and Suns for making stupid trades.

True, but that's the point of the thread. That despite all the hoopla before it, these playoffs have been mostly a downer. Good for you that the Lakers are winning, but for the people trying to watch entertaining basketball, it's not happening. I think people were expecting 06 all over again, but until right now it really sucks.

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Watching Wade shoot 30 free throws a game in 06 was the farthest thing from exciting you douche.

The Lakers are 20 times more enjoyable to watch than the Mavs were back in 2006 as well.

Nahtanoj
05-08-2008, 06:58 AM
I agree. It's pretty boring when your team is no longer in the Playoffs. I'd stop watching (though maybe some Finals games) too if my team had been murdered or failed to make the post-season.

DBryant88
05-08-2008, 07:14 AM
the palyoffs may suck for you but they are an enjoyable for me

Nahtanoj
05-08-2008, 07:17 AM
the palyoffs may suck for you but they are an enjoyable for me

lolz

anyway, I still think the Spurs will comeback and force 7 games. That Magic have a chance now with Billups injured, making it interesting. Boston and Cleveland, well LeBron James is a shitty overrated king kong bulldoze type of player that has no real game.. Celtics will sweep them unless they start messing around like vs. Hawks.

hater
05-08-2008, 08:56 AM
since MJ retired playoffs have been boring every year if your team is not in them anymore. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Blame the Mavs and Suns for making stupid ttrades.

Yeah, if they were smart, they would have had a traitorous colluder on the other end to giftwrap a player for them.

DazedAndConfused
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, if they were smart, they would have had a traitorous colluder on the other end to giftwrap a player for them.

*cough....Sam Presti...cough*

ElNono
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I've loved these playoffs so far. Even if we lose to NO, there has been great moments.
The 1st series against Phoenix was a blast. The 1st game especially.
The Hawks taking the Celts to 7 was great.
Seeing the Mavs finally implode, including looking at Cuban's face when it was all over is always priceless.

New I just need two things to happen:
1) Celtics lose somewhere along the road.
2) The Lakers get their asses handed to them.

But that's just gravy.

Allanon
05-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Mavs, Nuggets and Phoenix just blew it for everybody. If they had stayed competitive, this would have been the best Playoffs ever.

Of course, these Playoffs are still going great for me. I've watched practically every series this year, the East matchups have been better than expected.

Hawks/Celtics starting game 3 .. Al Horford punking Paul Pierce, PP flashing "gang" signs, Zaza, KG laying the wood on Zaza in the last game.
Wiz/Cavs - that drama queen shit was just hilarious "Oh, they're trying to hurt me" - Brendan Haywood mimicking LeBron in a baby voice
Toronto/Magic - Wait, never mind.

JamStone
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I think they've been disappointing. It was probably due to all the hype they were getting before even one playoff game was played. Only real drama was the Hawks pushing the Celtics to game 7 and DeShawn Stevenson talking shit then the Wizards flagrant fouling LeBron every game. Even the Spurs-Suns match-up was pretty uneventful. These playoffs do suck, and I don't think they'll get any better no matter which teams advance.

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Kurt Thomas
Brent Barry
tanking

GinobiliLooms
05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
The EuroLeague playoffs are better.

manufor3
05-08-2008, 02:04 PM
You should be fishing not posting

kind of like we've been telling you, but you won't listen???

TheMACHINE
05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Would have been a better playoffs if the Mavs and Suns didnt lay an egg.

rAm
05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Would have been a better playoffs if the Mavs and Suns didnt lay an egg.

I don't think the suns laid an egg, as much as the spurs went out and beat them. It was a pretty competitive series, and I never really felt that comfortable besides game 2/3

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Suns laid an egg. They quit competing after game 1. Even earlier in the year with Marion I felt there just wasn't something right about that team.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Kurt Thomas
Brent Barry
tanking

Barry was waived and could have been picked up by any team willing to pay his salary

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 01:42 AM
*cough....Sam Presti...cough*

Seattle traded a conditional second-round pick for Kurt Thomas + two first-round picks.

Seattle traded Kurt Thomas for Elson, Barry, and a first round pick.

In other words, the Spurs gave up infinitely more to get Thomas than the Sonics did. And as has already been pointed out, any team could have gotten Barry.

Try again, rookie.

endrity
05-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Watching Wade shoot 30 free throws a game in 06 was the farthest thing from exciting you douche.

The Lakers are 20 times more enjoyable to watch than the Mavs were back in 2006 as well.

You are a fucking waste of air!!!

The 06 playoffs had plenty of game 7s and something like 15 games that were decided by less than 3 points or in OT.

Since being a Laker homer forbids you from seeing anything else, you probably don't remember anything beyond round 1.

And thnx for agreeing with everyone around here that the NBA handed Wade those Finals.

Nahtanoj
05-09-2008, 10:08 AM
2006 Playoffs good, this year even better.

Seriously though, that NBA Finals by David and Wade was a joke.

manufor3
08-16-2008, 07:35 PM

wow actually +1