PDA

View Full Version : Great, Tim's not on the first team

manufor3
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry, dont have a mouse so i can't copy all the words.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52401/20080508/kg_lbj_cp3_and_howard_join_kobe_on_all_nba_first_t eam/

Neither is Dirk OR Amare

WTF???

Budkin
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
CP3 in all 5 positions?

Summers
05-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Cue KG vs TD debate.

manufor3
05-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Cue KG vs TD debate.

in which i think tim would win. sorry not trying to start the debate :sequ:sequ:sequ

bdictjames
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
At least Manu got in the third team.

jman3000
05-08-2008, 02:19 PM
i honestly think the 2nd team would blow the 1st team out.

sting

Over D. West, what a joke.

jman3000
nevermind... too little size in the backcourt. it'd be close though.

Summers
05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
in which i think tim would win.

Agreed.

Medvedenko
05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Nothing new here....

hater
05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
it's a disgrace that D. West, the NBA's best PF was not in first team. He is clearly better than KG, Amare and TD combined.

honestfool84
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM

what a joke?

d. west is what he is because of cp3, NOT because of who he is.

manu is manu, because he is just that good, not because he needs the help of a point guard.

honestfool84
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM
:lmao

hater
05-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Al Jefferson >> D. West

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM

The joke is that you probably believe that.

PDXSpursFan
05-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Ginobili = Guard
West = Foward

Boozer & Pierce were choosen over West.

Homeland Security
05-08-2008, 02:26 PM

So, apparently you think David West should have made an All-NBA team as a guard.

That's Louisiana public schooling for you.

DAF86
05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Ginobili = Guard
West = Foward

Boozer & Pierce were choosen over West.

Besides how many MVP votes did West recieve?

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 02:30 PM
If Timmy can actually be held to five points by Tyson Chandler, he doesn't deserve to be on the first team.

Medvedenko
05-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Oh really.....

Nash (No D)
Deron (Trying to handle Kobe)
Dirk
TD
Amare

VS

CP3 (MVP candidate)
KB (MVP)
Lebron
Garnett (D player of the year)
Howard (Beast)

The first team is younger and better at all positions with exceptions to maybe TD and Garnett...but it won't come down to this.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Here's the list of players Manu Ginobili beat out:

Allen Iverson
Carmelo Anthony
Marcus Camby
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
David West
Rasheed Wallace

I think this is excellent.

Spurminator
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Not surprising.

George Gervin's Afro
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh really.....

Nash (No D)
Deron (Trying to handle Kobe)
Dirk
TD
Amare

VS

CP3 (MVP candidate)
KB (MVP)
Lebron
Garnett (D player of the year)
Howard (Beast)

The first team is younger and better at all positions with exceptions to maybe TD and Garnett...but it won't come down to this.

Uh if this laker fan is correct there is no way the second team beats the first team in a 7 game series.. I say it would go 5... and that would be because the 1st team would be up 3-0 and would lose game 4..

And regarding TD he really didn't play all that well ( Tim Duncan well) during the regular season..

sting
05-08-2008, 02:41 PM
what a joke?

manu is manu, because he is just that good, not because he needs the help of a point guard.

Yeah, he is really lighting it up this series.:lol:lmao

jack sommerset
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
The tide is a changing Spew fans, Watch Mangooooo's stock go down next year as well. How in the hell does a 6th man make any All-Star team especially all NBA team is beyound me. No, wait, he really is a starter but Pop is affraid he will FOUL OUT.

3 days rest should hellp the Spews. If they win tonight they are right back in it

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoSpur
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Why is that guy made that Delonte West didn't make it?

George Gervin's Afro
05-08-2008, 02:44 PM
The tide is a changing Spew fans, Watch Mangooooo's stock go down next year as well. How in the hell does a 6th man make any All-Star team especially all NBA team is beyound me. No, wait, he really is a starter but Pop is affraid he will FOUL OUT.

3 days rest should hellp the Spews. If they win tonight they are right back in it

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome aboard bandwagoner.. !

CheeburgerCheeburger
05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
If Timmy can actually be held to five points by Tyson Chandler, he doesn't deserve to be on the first team.
:bang

urunobili
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM

sorry Mate.. D.West is a classless CP3 creation.. wants to be like David Robinson and claps on Oberto's face? r u kidding me bitch? :bang

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
what a joke?

I have no horse in this race and could care less about these stupid lists, but if you're going to discredit West for playing with CP3, than why are you overlooking the fact that Manu has played his entire career next to, arguably, the greatest PF of all-time?

SpursDynasty
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Aside from Kobe and Garnett, this has to be the most horrendous first-team I've ever seen. LeBron? Dwight Howard? Chris Paul? Are you kidding me?

SpursDynasty
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
And it's funny how guys that the league worshiped last year (Dirk, Nash, and Amare) are only second-team this year.

It's great to see Manu and Tim both get on All-NBA teams this year.

jack sommerset
05-08-2008, 02:59 PM
welcome aboard bandwagoner.. !

HAHAHAHA. Believe me. I am not aboard any bandwagon. Especiallly a Spews one. Thanks for the chuckle though.

themvp
05-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Why do you have to turn every thread into smack talk?

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Major props to Manu for garnering (or garnishing, if you're Reggie Miller) such a well-earned honor. As someone else pointed out, Manu beat out a lot of fantastic players to make an All-NBA team.

He's only the 6th Spur to make an All-NBA team:

Tim Duncan (1st team (x9), 2nd team (x2))
David Robinson (1st team (x4), 2nd team (x2), 3rd team (x4))
George Gervin (1st team (x5), 2nd team (x2))
Alvin Robertson (2nd team (x1))
Dennis Rodman (3rd team (x1))
Manu Ginobili (3rd team (x1))

By making the 2nd Team this year, Duncan has made an All-NBA team in each of his 11 seasons and has moved into a tie for 9th All-Time in terms of All-League selections with
John Havlicek, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Bob Petti, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, and Michael Jordan. in that group, only Pettit and Jordan (10 each) have more 1st team selections than Duncan's 9 (Robertson also had 9).

The only players selected to more All-NBA teams than Tim Duncan are: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone, Shaquille O'Neal, Jerry West, Bob Cousy, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Dolph Schayes (Julius Erving made 12 All-League teams, but 5 were All-ABA teams).

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about this. The media is too lazy for basketball, too many teams , too many players. Fans can vote as much as they like and have too little influence. The coaches don't really care about the allstar list or MVP of the league. This list is the result of apathy:

Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers -Ball Hog, Rapist, Emotionally unstable.
Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics -Never Came Close to a championship
Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic -Easy to look good when you are on the Disney Magic
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers - Okay, he's good.
Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets - Need to pay some dues first.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Garnett had worse numbers than Duncan and played in the shithole east and he gets first team, what a joke.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
It's ridiculous to argue that this year's First Team players weren't deserving of being named to that team. Kobe's MVP was earned; he was the best player in the league in 2007-08. Paul finished 2nd in the MVP vote and had a legitimate argument to win it. It would be absurd to think that there were any guards in the league who were better than those 2 in the past season.

James is an amazing talent who puts up amazing numbers. Garnett was the driving force behind the best team in basketball this season and was legitimately voted Defensive Player of the Year to go along with another great offensive performance. And Howard went 20 and 14+ this season while shooting almost 60% from the floor and blocking more than 2 shots per game.

It's pretty tough to find players with better credentials in the 2007-08 season -- and that's what matters.

sting
05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
It's ridiculous to argue that this year's First Team players weren't deserving of being named to that team. Kobe's MVP was earned; he was the best player in the league in 2007-08. Paul finished 2nd in the MVP vote and had a legitimate argument to win it. It would be absurd to think that there were any guards in the league who were better than those 2 in the past season.

James is an amazing talent who puts up amazing numbers. Garnett was the driving force behind the best team in basketball this season and was legitimately voted Defensive Player of the Year to go along with another great offensive performance. And Howard went 20 and 14+ this season while shooting almost 60% from the floor and blocking more than 2 shots per game.

It's pretty tough to find players with better credentials in the 2007-08 season -- and that's what matters.

Someone with a little sense.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Garnett was the driving force behind the best team in basketball this season and was legitimately voted Defensive Player of the Year to go along with another great offensive performance. .

I don't agree with you on KG. DPOY i suppose, it pisses me off the years Duncan could have got that and didn't. Pierce was in my view the best player on that team this year or at least as good as KG was. Allen played very well also. They had a potent big 3 and a good bench in the worst conference in the history of mankind. KG put up 18.9 and 9.2 a game this year, Duncan had better numbers and he played in the better conference. I could listen to an argument that KG could be there but by no means did he have such a year that it should have been a lock to be there.

slowchild25
05-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets - Need to pay some dues first.

Who goes on the 1st Team if not Paul? He led the league in assists and steals shot 49% nearly the top 20 in scoring and had a 4.6 assist to turnover ratio.

slowchild25
05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Pierce was in my view the best player on that team this year or at least as good as KG was.

This is a great point, everyone points to KG for the 40+ game turnaround but to me adding a HEALTHY Paul Pierce to that team had just as much of an impact as adding KG.

timvp
05-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Props to Manu. That's a nice award for the resume :tu

roycrikside
05-08-2008, 03:36 PM
The 2nd team had two point guards and the 3rd team had two shooting guards. Lame!

BigVee
05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I think these selections are fair. I am a Spurs and Duncan fan, but I don't think he consistently played like a first teamer this year.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Props to Manu. That's a nice award for the resume :tu

I'd argue that it cements his Hall of Fame resume. One thing that was crucial to Drazen Petrovic's Hall of Fame candidacy was the combination of his international success and his demonstrated ability to play at a high level in the NBA. The best proof of his NBA success was his selection to the All-NBA Third Team in 1992-93. Manu has now done the same thing.

Petrovic is a slightly different case, but one could argue that Manu's international resume is among the very best ever and now he has an accolade that definitely proves that he was able to play at an extremely high level while in the NBA as well.

I don't really think Manu needed much more help to become a shoo-in for the Hall, but this certainly doesn't hurt at all.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
and Duncan fan, but I don't think he consistently played like a first teamer this year.

Neither did KG i feel.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
LeBron?

Yes, because 30 ppg, 8 rpg and 7 apg with nearly 2 spg are just the normal stats that any player can put up.

God you're a moron. I don't even know why I'm responding to you.

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't agree with you on KG. DPOY i suppose, it pisses me off the years Duncan could have got that and didn't. Pierce was in my view the best player on that team this year or at least as good as KG was. Allen played very well also. They had a potent big 3 and a good bench in the worst conference in the history of mankind. KG put up 18.9 and 9.2 a game this year, Duncan had better numbers and he played in the better conference. I could listen to an argument that KG could be there but by no means did he have such a year that it should have been a lock to be there.

I'm not arguing for the supremacy of any particular metric for measuring how well a player performs, but if you look at those sorts of metrics, Garnett was slightly better than Duncan in 2007-08 (when you normalize minutes and pace and things like that).

PER -- KG 25.2; TD 24.3
Offensive Rating -- KG 118; TD 110
Defensive Rating -- KG 94 (led league); TD 97
Win Shares -- KG 36; TD 32
Offensive Win Shares -- KG 17.3; TD 12.7
Defensive Win Shares -- KG 18.3; TD 19.7 (led league)
Win Shares Above Average -- KG 18.0; TD 12.0

I'm not trying to make a case FOR Garnett or AGAINST Duncan; I'm just saying that voting for Garnett this season and not for Duncan was an understandable and defensible decision. My point all along is that there's no reason to argue that the guys who made the First Team don't deserve it. They all do.

I'd agree, too, that Duncan has been robbed of some of the ancillary awards in other years; but I'd also argue that giving it to Duncan in those years would have compounded the injustice to Bruce Bowen in DPOY voting and things like that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
KG, LBJ, CP3 And Howard Join Kobe On All-NBA First Team
May 8, 2008 - 2:42 pm

RealGM Staff Report -
NBA Most Valuable Player Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers headlines the First Team, as the NBA announced the 2007-08 All-NBA Teams today. Bryant is joined on the First Team by Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics , Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic , LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets .

The All-NBA Second Team consists of Phoenix’s Steve Nash and Utah’s Deron Williams at guard; San Antonio’s Tim Duncan and Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki at forward; and Phoenix’s Amaré Stoudemire at center.

The All-NBA Third Team includes San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili and Houston’s Tracy McGrady at guard; Utah’s Carlos Boozer and Boston’s Paul Pierce at forwards; and Houston’s Yao Ming at center.

The All-NBA Teams were chosen by a panel of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. The media voted for All-NBA First, Second and Third Teams by position with points awarded on a 5-3-1 basis.

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Allen Iverson, Denver, 116; Carmelo Anthony, Denver, 89; Marcus Camby, Denver, 59; Chauncey Billups, Detroit, 38; Baron Davis, Golden State, 32; David West, New Orleans, 24; Rasheed Wallace, Detroit, 22; Tyson Chandler, New Orleans, 18; Antawn Jamison, Washington, 15; Al Jefferson, Minnesota, 14; Chris Bosh, Toronto, 11; Joe Johnson, Atlanta 8; Andre Miller, Philadelphia, 7; Caron Butler, Washington, 5; Shaquille O'Neal, Phoenix, 5; Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers , 5; Kevin Martin, Sacramento, 4; Ray Allen, Boston, 4; Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando, 3; Jason Kidd, Dallas, 2; Josh Howard, Dallas, 2; Richard Hamilton, Detroit, 2; Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 1; Brandon Roy, Portland, 1; Michael Redd, Milwaukee, 1; Tayshaun Prince, Detroit, 1; Tony Parker, San Antonio, 1.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52401/20080508/kg_lbj_cp3_and_howard_join_kobe_on_all_nba_first_t eam/

ClingingMars
05-08-2008, 04:28 PM
BTTTS

- Mars

CubanMustGo
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I dunno what BTTTS means (and don't have time to google it) but TD did not play first-team all-NBA caliber this season, plain and simple.

Pretty sad, tho, that TP only got one third-place vote.

ClingingMars
05-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I dunno what BTTTS means (and don't have time to google it) but TD did not play first-team all-NBA caliber this season, plain and simple.

Brooks Traded To The Saints, a phrase I stole from a UVa forum.

it basically means old news.

- Mars

manufor3
05-08-2008, 04:32 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94583

Kori Ellis
05-08-2008, 04:33 PM

You are right - TD wasn't 1st team material this year. And TP was hurt about 3 months of the season. I am surprised anyone even thought of him.

LavaLamp
05-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Is it a "Changing of the Guard"?

LavaLamp
05-08-2008, 04:40 PM
well, in this case, a "Changing of the Power Forward"?

duncan228
05-08-2008, 04:48 PM
This doesn't bother me at all. Duncan wasn't first team material this season. I'm a Duncan homer, maybe one of the biggest, but I try not to keep blinders on. He coasted, it showed.

phxspurfan
05-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm surprised AI and Carmelo got left off entirely. There are a lot of deserving players not on those three lists: Antawn Jamison, Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups, Joe Johnson...

GrandeDavid
05-08-2008, 05:14 PM
CP3 in all 5 positions?

:lol

I'm also sick of all this CP3PO or whatever they call him...anyway, I'm sick of the star-starved, job-security challenged media robots all licking this guy's bag. I want nothing more than for the Spurs to physical with this guy, Parker start going off, and end this blasphemous discussion that he's perhaps the greatest player in the league.

Budkin
05-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah, he is really lighting it up this series.:lol:lmao

He's injured dipshit.

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Haha well I knew it was coming but surprised to see Manu get third team. I wonder sometimes if he didn't go off on his crazy walk if he could get better but the window is closing soon. I wonder now if we will see Manu or his full first name in the HOF.

Duncan sucked. Glad he got 2nd team at least could have been 3rd. Whew gracious senior. I think next year you see Duncan scoring even less with Ian and Tiago possibly in the lineup. Both show potential to mask some of TDs 20 a game. A first team might not ever happen again, and I was really looking forward to 10 a couple years back.

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
And once again but this time worse, the league shows me how little it respects TP. I don't think anyone respects his jumper and his worthiness without Tim Duncan and Manu.

That's not my words, it's just how it looks this season. If I was TP I would be personally motivated to play CP3 tonight well.

manufor3
05-08-2008, 06:57 PM

:lol me too

manufor3
05-08-2008, 06:59 PM

ummmm retard they don't play the same position, so they can't knock each other out of the possibility of being on the third team.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Props to Manu for making third team. It was a well-earned recognition, better than the sixth man award.

I hope Manu uses it to ride off of maybe? He's human, so I'm sure it'd be a confidence boost of some sort to be selected out of all those NBA players.

I don't think Tim cares since 9 ALL-Time first team streak is pretty hot in itself, I think Tim could make it back in coming seasons, but maybe not with the new young talents and his team relying on the guards talents more. KG kinda edged him out of his default spot as 1st team too.

cjjr72984
05-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, I don't care for all of the silly arguments by I will say this.....

1.) The 1st team would definately beat the 2nd team in a series.

2.) D. West is one of the better power forwards in the game...whether people wanna admit it or not. And it's not because of Chris Paul, it's because of David West. He worked hard on his game to get to where he's at and people need to respect this man.

3.) I'm very happy as a fan of basketball how much young talent there is in the league. They'll be some very good basketball for at least the next ten years or so.

nikegirl
05-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Sure Duncan may not have played like an 1st teamer all year but what irks me is that Garnett didnt do any better and the fact that Garnett has two franchise players beside him, playing in the weak east and having worse stats than Duncan make me feel that Duncan could've been there with him in the 1st team or Garnett should've been in the 2nd team as well. And I think it's arguable that Duncan really plays better D and is a better defensive anchor.

But thats okay I know Duncan doesnt care about these accolades. Just wish he's not sick anymore.

CP3forMVP
05-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Besides how many MVP votes did West recieve?

how many mvp votes did any spur recieve???

yeah thats what i thought.

td4mvp21
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
how many mvp votes did any spur recieve???

yeah thats what i thought.

:rolleyes It's not like we have a reigning two time MVP or anything.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
If Parker is continuing the 1 year regress/3 year improvement cycle, after this year he should get 2nd team 3 straight years.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
:bang

If you don't get that, I'm not going to bother explaining it.

Funny how Timmy coasted this season...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/TimmyKG.jpg