PDA

View Full Version : The Hornets have been lucky so far. - long post

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 04:52 PM
The Spurs succeed by exploiting the mistakes of other teams. Problem with this series is that New Orleans hasn't made a lot of mistakes. And when the Spurs make mistakes, the Hornets capitolize big time:

In the last game the Spurs turned it over an uncharacteristic 15 times, Hornets converted 8 of those. Thanks to Stojakovich they were shooting 60% from the 3 point line as a team(they only shot 48% from field goal range). Thanks to the refs the Hornets got an opportunity to sink 20 free throws ( the spurs shot only shot 19)

The Hornets have gotten lucky in these last 2 games. They are exceeding their own abilities- every measurable statistic for them is up 5% - 25% compared to either the regular season or the Dallas Series. I've seen this happen over and over with young teams, believe me when I say this bubble will burst.

In game 3, I wouldn't expect them to shoot 60% from the 3, or nab 41 rebounds. Paul and Peja aren't gonna combine for 55 points again.

If I'm wrong, then you might as well give them the Larry O'brian Trophy tonight, because this New Orleans Hornets team in round 2 is statistically the best NBA team of all time, considering the defense they are up against.

Speaking of the defense, The Spurs will be playing all or nothing defense tonight. Tim Tony and Manu aren't going to settle for a combined 42 points. The Spurs won't turn it over 15 times. And, if the fans at the ATT center actually get into the game, It could really disrupt this young team.

If the fans don't do their jobs, at least we can count on the coyote to be on standby with a can of talcum powder, or motor oil in case the Hornets start getting hot. Actually I'd like to see how he paradies that whole thing tonight. Unfortunately I don't have tickets.

The series will be determined by the Hornets ability get back up after a hard punch. Mentaly, It's easy to play balls out when you have nothing to loose. But when they head back to New Orleans 2-2 playoffs on the line, will this young team be able to do it mentally? Will the crowd be enough to get them back into it? This is going to be an awesome series.

BTW I'm really stoked to find this forum. Hopefully ya'll don't mind newbies posting threads.

NoMoneyDown
05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks to the refs the Hornets got an opportunity to sink 20 free throws ( the spurs shot only shot 19)

Holy nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayray2k8
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
this thread should be locked up soon. :)

xtremesteven33
05-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Sbc Center???

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 05:02 PM
ATT center, is that the only thing you noticed about the post?

CheeburgerCheeburger
05-08-2008, 05:02 PM
If the fans don't do their jobs, at least we can count on the coyote to be on standby with a can of talcum powder, or motor oil in case the Hornets start getting hot. Actually I'd like to see how he paradies that whole thing tonight. Unfortunately I don't have tickets.
:downspin:

Manufan909
05-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Awesome first post man!!! I'm new here too. Everyone seems cool, except for pricesspimp. He/she is psychotic/a Suns fan.

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 05:16 PM
nothin' worse than a Suns fan 'cause they despise the Spurs by now. Vile Pure Hatred. I won't go to Pheonix anymore out of fear for my own safety.:toast

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
:sleep

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Hornets got some questionable calls but they were at home and got the favor of it. We will get the same at our house (well i hope.) That's just how it is, no need for your logical reasons to being convinced why NOH just can't do it again when they have all year. We just need to score more and turnover less, hit shots. That wasn't even a long post either.

Get Buzzin
05-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Austin,

There are plenty of tickets! You can go on ticketmaster or ticketmasterexchange up to 2 hours before the game. Then, go to the box office at the arena. Tonight's game won't sell out; unless the Spurs or a sponsor buys the remaining tickets:lmao

Get Buzzin
05-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Hey Brutalis,

Get with it! Haven't you heard about the conspiracy! It's all done! Kobe vs. CP3:lmao

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:34 PM
if you got home calls in SA too it'd look that way huh. proud?

DriveFor5
05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Even if NOH squeaks by the Spurs, it's not like they are winning the championship. They have to pay their dues. The Spurs had to pay their dues, the Pistons did before their '04 championship.

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Even if NOH squeaks by the Spurs, it's not like they are winning the championship. They have to pay their dues. The Spurs had to pay their dues, the Pistons did before their '04 championship.

Miami Heat circa 2006?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-08-2008, 05:57 PM
this thread should be locked up soon. :)

Why? why it should be locked up when somebody is just expressing his her opinion? Even if it's all wrong and you don't agree, haven't you posted stupid shit before?

This isn't aimed at you personally as many people judge others all the time for nothing.

Samurai Jane
05-08-2008, 06:09 PM
nothin' worse than a Suns fan 'cause they despise the Spurs by now. Vile Pure Hatred. I won't go to Pheonix anymore out of fear for my own safety.:toast

Eh, I'm a loud and proud Spurs fan living in Phoenix. My cube is a Spurs shrine and my car has Spurs stickers all on the windshield. To date I haven't been seriously injured for my undying devotion.

I do sense that some of my co-workers are salivating over the prospect of the Spurs losing this series though. I guess if that's all you got to hope for.. :lol:

:flag:

Hornets pwn spurs!
05-08-2008, 07:31 PM
yea yea yea
WHATEVER DUDE!

GEAUUXXX HORNETS!

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks man, but do you think I'm all wrong?

Why? why it should be locked up when somebody is just expressing his her opinion? Even if it's all wrong and you don't agree, haven't you posted stupid shit before?

This isn't aimed at you personally as many people judge others all the time for nothing.

Strike
05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
yea yea yea
WHATEVER DUDE!

GEAUUXXX HORNETS!

Wow. How insightful. :troll

GEAUUXXXX AWAY!!!

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Say what you will this guy is probably the best speller in Lousiana.

How exactly do you pwn something?

yea yea yea
WHATEVER DUDE!

GEAUUXXX HORNETS!

sting
05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Now I understand, the Hornet's have nothing to do with being up 2-0 and whipping the Spurs ass. It was all luck. DUMB ASS

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I like the way you capitalized dumb ass.

I never said that the Hornets didn't kick the spurs ass. They did. One glance at the final score affirms this. I have all the respect in the world for the Hornets and coach Scott.

The whole point of my rant is that the Spurs, a championship caliber team (with the banners to prove it) aren't playing to their potential. And the Hornets are playing better than they ever have as a squad. Chances are these extremes won't remain constant.

It's not like I didn't give the Hornets props, If the Hornets can maintain this level of play, nothing will stop them you might as well hand them the trophy.

You should have read my whole post, Oh you're from Loserana. Sorry I didn't realize that you are probably a deficient of some type. You are a better speller than the last guy IMHO:lmao

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Now I understand, the Hornet's have nothing to do with being up 2-0 and whipping the Spurs ass. It was all luck. DUMB ASS

I really like the college atmosphere in New Orleans. I wish spurs fans would stand until the first basket is made I really like that.

austinlakepirate
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM
You've all got a big told you so come Sunday.

:lobt2:

Loose Cannon
05-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Hornet's

Louisiana public schools.

Errr... school's.