PDA

View Full Version : Are you a jumper?

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Being a fan of whatever team in the NBA namely the Spurs here, have you ever lost it and quit on them, or jumped teams, or quit cause of a 0-3, 1-3 or even a 2-3 series?

Be honest now.. and yes you can mention your minor ones. Cause we all freak out now and again. I said fuck it after being blown by 30 in NO late in the season. I was fine come morning time however I sobered up.

rAm
05-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Being a fan of whatever team in the NBA namely the Spurs here, have you ever lost it and quit on them, or jumped teams, or quit cause of a 0-3, 1-3 or even a 2-3 series?

Be honest now.. and yes you can mention your minor ones. Cause we all freak out now and again. I said fuck it after being blown by 30 in NO late in the season. I was fine come morning time however I sobered up.

quitter

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
quitter

:(

WildcardManu
05-08-2008, 05:46 PM
:lmao

gobo
05-08-2008, 06:00 PM

I am quiting on this weak ass spurs team now before game 3. Something tells me that NO will sweep the spurs.

dg7md
05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
It's just sports really. In the end the Spurs will be fine, if we unfortunately lose this series, so what? Doesn't have the magnitude that losing to the Mavs in 06 did; not like we have a rivalry with the Hornets. Having 4 championships already locks us up as elite and a serious franchise from now on.

I am never switching allegiances because of a situation like this, granted I might cheer for one team over another if we are out, but that's just human nature to pick a side like that. The Spurs are and always will be my team, even when we are eventually back to being a lower-level team after our prime years, hopefully everyone here is exactly the same way. Quitting on a GAME is different than quitting on your team. Many times, especially through the regular season, if we got down by a large margin with no real positives, I simply turned off the game. If you win you need to expect the other curve in the idea of losing, you move on and try to win the next game.

I might have lost "hope" times throughout the season, but that comes with the game, sometimes you look really good, sometimes truly awful. However, I am never quitting on them, nor am I truly counting them out of contention. We are all fully aware the Spurs can play much better than they have been.

Things will look different if we can pull out a victory tonight, keep the hope, only if we go down 0-4 is when the series is truly over.

rAm
05-08-2008, 06:44 PM
It's just sports really. In the end the Spurs will be fine, if we unfortunately lose this series, so what? Doesn't have the magnitude that losing to the Mavs in 06 did; not like we have a rivalry with the Hornets. Having 4 championships already locks us up as elite and a serious franchise from now on.

I am never switching allegiances because of a situation like this, granted I might cheer for one team over another if we are out, but that's just human nature to pick a side like that. The Spurs are and always will be my team, even when we are eventually back to being a lower-level team after our prime years, hopefully everyone here is exactly the same way. Quitting on a GAME is different than quitting on your team. Many times, especially through the regular season, if we got down by a large margin with no real positives, I simply turned off the game. If you win you need to expect the other curve in the idea of losing, you move on and try to win the next game.

I might have lost "hope" times throughout the season, but that comes with the game, sometimes you look really good, sometimes truly awful. However, I am never quitting on them, nor am I truly counting them out of contention. We are all fully aware the Spurs can play much better than they have been.

Things will look different if we can pull out a victory tonight, keep the hope, only if we go down 0-4 is when the series is truly over.

well said

duncan228
05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I may get down over a loss, a big loss, but I never jump. They're my team, good, bad, or ugly.

Bob Lanier
05-08-2008, 07:05 PM
A tight buttery leather one.

Brutalis
05-08-2008, 07:31 PM

Ahh murder of my thread

DarrinS
05-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies that youve been living in
And if you do not want to see me again
I would understand
I would understand

Budkin
05-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Why feel bad over millionaires getting paid to throw a ball into a hole?

Strike
05-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I've been a Spurs fan since The Admiral's rookie year, the 89-90 season. I've rooted for them since. I've never "jumped". Not during the disappointing early exits of the 90's, not the 96-97 injury year, and certainly not now.

I've been proud to be a Spurs fan for nearly 2 decades. No way will I switch teams just because of two bad playoff losses.

To all those people who give up, switch teams, jump on the fresh bandwagons, fuck you. I've no respect for people like you.

urunobili
05-08-2008, 08:34 PM
check my avatar signature...

NASpurs
05-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Why feel bad over millionaires getting paid to throw a ball into a hole?

That's true but you can also ask why do you celebrate when they win.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
The Spurs haven't played well, and that makes them difficult to watch. They've never been in a better position to come back in a series than they are right now. I knew they were going to lose against Dallas by the middle of game three. I expect to know again by the middle of today's game. If they show up, they can win. If they are still celebrating the win against Phoenix, then they can talk about it in Cancun next week.

Tacker
05-08-2008, 09:05 PM
no

SenorSpur
05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Are you kidding? Never in a million years would I ever switch allegiances.

Win or lose, I trust Pop and RC have learned their lesson. Let this be the last time we have to witness AARP season 2.0. Get a better mix fresh/mid/old legs on this team!

GrandeDavid
05-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Never crossed my mind, so a resounding "no". And you're talking to someone who loved the Houston Oilers. :lol

CubanMustGo
05-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Never crossed my mind, so a resounding "no". And you're talking to someone who loved the Houston Oilers. :lol

I still wear my Oilers jacket come winter. :tu