PDA

View Full Version : Spurs looked over matched

KillerBee
05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
I know it is early, but I expected a lot more from your spurs. Lots of excuses and frustration coming from them and the fans. I didn't expect them to look this over matched in this game. I know y'all don't want to hear it, call me cocky, bla, blah, but it's true! I'm sure the haters are blaming the refs and coaches and Bashing the Hornets Fans, but I think we are just better. All the respect to you on your accomplishments (past Championships etc...) but all good things come to an end. I'm not calling the series or even this game, but it's clear who the better team is to me and I wasn't sure before this series, but I am now.

I would like to hear from the true sports fans out there and not the little dicked Spurs and Hornets fans who bitch and hate. I don't think we can beat the Lakers, but I am impressed with this young team. Any unbiased fans agree?

SenorSpur
05-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Our boys are truly battling uphill. The lack of contribution from players outside of our big three hurts. Regardless, we WILL get this one tonight.

KillerBee
05-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Our boys are truly battling uphill. The lack of contribution from players outside of our big three hurts. Regardless, we WILL get this one tonight.

Maybe so, but I was expecting to get blown out tonight. Still time for that to happen, but the Hornets have looked a lot stronger than I expected.

SenorSpur
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Maybe so, but I was expecting to get blown out tonight. Still time for that to happen, but the Hornets have looked a lot stronger than I expected.

Obviously, they've won in S.A. before so there is no fear for the Hornets. Spurs have had trouble both scoring and defending, as of late. I'm not surprised there's no blowout.

KillerBee
05-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Thats it, one fan that can man up?

SenorSpur
05-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Let me take this one step further. My personal respect for the Hornets came during the season when the "blew the doors" off the Spurs - at the AT&T Center. There aint many NBA teams that can come in and do that - even on an off night for the home team.

Again, I'm not surprised the Hornets have been such a puzzle for the Spurs to solve. They are indeed a matchup nightmare - plus they play DEFENSE.

KillerBee
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Let me take this one step further. My personal respect for the Hornets came during the season when the "blew the doors" off the Spurs - at the AT&T Center. There aint many NBA teams that can come in and do that - even on an off night for the home team.

Again, I'm not surprised the Hornets have been such a puzzle for the Spurs to solve. They are indeed a matchup nightmare - plus they play DEFENSE.

Y'all beat us at home this year if I am not mistaken. And the Lakers blew us out of the building.

SPARKY
05-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Turn on the TV you fucking moron.

Rummpd
05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
But turn of the sound the ESPN announcers are horrid.

KillerBee
05-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Turn on the TV you fucking moron.

Read my post...no little dicked bitches allowed. Stay on the hater threads Fuck Head!

hive_attack
05-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Spurs gave it all they had tonight. They will lose game 4. Parker and Ginobili playing those heavy minutes will catch up to them.

rfbulletdude
05-08-2008, 11:12 PM
But turn of the sound the ESPN announcers are horrid.i agree, they got some bitch doin' the commentating. whats next, female refs???

DazedAndConfused
05-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Did anyone think the Hornets would sweep the Spurs?

I fully expected what happened tonight to happen. But I saw enough from the Hornets to know that if they come out with the same energy and focus as they did in Game 1 they can steal a game here in SAS and close this out on their home floor. The sheer amount of energy expended to get this win by SAS does not bode well for them as this series goes on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
I know it is early, but I expected a lot more from your spurs. Lots of excuses and frustration coming from them and the fans. I didn't expect them to look this over matched in this game. I know y'all don't want to hear it, call me cocky, bla, blah, but it's true! I'm sure the haters are blaming the refs and coaches and Bashing the Hornets Fans, but I think we are just better. All the respect to you on your accomplishments (past Championships etc...) but all good things come to an end. I'm not calling the series or even this game, but it's clear who the better team is to me and I wasn't sure before this series, but I am now.

I would like to hear from the true sports fans out there and not the little dicked Spurs and Hornets fans who bitch and hate. I don't think we can beat the Lakers, but I am impressed with this young team. Any unbiased fans agree?

http://images.askmen.com/video/2006_dec/dec19_.jpg

WHAT?!?!?

Darcus
05-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Did anyone think the Hornets would sweep the Spurs?

I fully expected what happened tonight to happen. But I saw enough from the Hornets to know that if they come out with the same energy and focus as they did in Game 1 they can steal a game here in SAS and close this out on their home floor. The sheer amount of energy expended to get this win by SAS does not bode well for them as this series goes on.

I agree. The Mavs got a game 3 win, too. If the Hornets come out next game like they did today, I think we can have this series.

jbspurs
05-08-2008, 11:40 PM
i agree, they got some bitch doin' the commentating. whats next, female refs???

At first, I thought I was watching 9 ball billiards....

my2sons
05-08-2008, 11:44 PM

ya, its also been clear who the better team is for the last fucking six years in phoenix. Hell, dantoni can go coah the knicks and he'll still be saying that phoenix is the better team....spurs in six

O-Factor
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM

Funny, We say the same thing about you troll fucks.

Sasha
05-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Spurs gave it all they had tonight. They will lose game 4. Parker and Ginobili playing those heavy minutes will catch up to them.

:rolleyes

Budkin
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Still looked overmatched bug?

SPARKY
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Manu and TP have 2.5 days to rest.

T Park
05-09-2008, 12:55 AM
:lol @ Hornet fan who thinks the Spurs will come out in game 4 like the mavericks.

Man of Steel
05-09-2008, 01:05 AM
We ain't the Mavs, dickface

slayermin
05-09-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't think Hornet fan realizes that there is three days between game three and game four.

Spurs will be ready.

DespЏrado
05-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Mav's are as talented as the Spurs (at least they were before the trade) but they never have been close to the Spurs mentally. If Hornet's fans think this is going to be easy to beat the Spurs, you're going to be waiting a long time for another victory. The mavs played game three to save themselves the embarrassment from the sweep. But they were also more interested in showing up their coach than winning a championship.

The Spurs are a different team than what you have seen thus far. Tim still hasn't shown up as Tim Duncan, and Manu is still hobbled by a gimp ankle.

I don't think the Spurs are in any shape to even be thinking about winning this series, but the Hornets are running on pure confidence right now. That is making the shots a lot easier and everything is just clicking into place for them. But as soon as the Spurs start pushing back, things are liable to get a lot harder for the Hornets. 2-1 is a great place to be and hell one loss to the defending champions isn't that bad, right? Wait until we push it to a 6th game, and it's just possible the Hornet's might be down 2-3 at that point. In other words, the Hornets haven't beaten the Spurs yet. And they have no idea what it's like to play in a contested playoff series.

And if I know one thing about the Spurs it's that they will contest this series until the last.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 02:09 AM
The only difference in this game was the Spurs. The Hornets took advantage of every opportunity they were given, they got as many offensive boards and second chance points as they are likely to get, they got as many calls as they are likely to get, Duncan still didn't play particularly well and Paul hit everything he threw at the basket. Those looking for a Spurs blowout are insane, as the Hornets haven't played a bad game yet in these playoffs, yet there was a 30 point turnaround. That's pretty huge. The Spurs have to play their best to beat New Orleans, but it's pretty clear that they can do it. The Hornets were a lot closer to playing their best basketball than the Spurs were, so I feel really good about the rest of this series.

Now if the Spurs come out like the Mavs did in game 4 and just expect to win, the result will be similar to games 1 and 2, and the Spurs will likely be watching the WCF on television. They also seemingly haven't played 48 minutes twice in a row this entire season, so there's a new challenge, but that's a bigger problem than the Hornets are right now.