PDA

View Full Version : Good game tonight guys: Yall beat the shit out of us

BRHornet45
05-08-2008, 11:06 PM
No B.S. excuses ... yall just out played us in the 2nd half and no one on our team other than Paul, West, and Chandler decided showed up. WOW ... just how BAD is Ely? I can't wait for him to get kicked to the curb.

Allanon
05-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I toldja all that Chandler is the key to the Hornets...get him in foul trouble and the Hornet defense collapses. It's the true weakness of the Hornets, they have no backup big men.

TP owns the paint tonight with the likes of Ely and Chandler afraid to get another foul.

Game 4 should be great, looking forward to watching it.

hive_attack
05-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Bonzi Wells is a scrub. All those missed rotations onto Ginobili or Finley as well as forced shots. Spurs will wear down though as Parker and Ginobili expended a lot of energy in tonights win.

MONTENEGRINO
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I can't wait Lakers-Spurs series... It will be goooooood...

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 12:43 AM
I can't wait Lakers-Spurs series... It will be goooooood...
:nope

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 12:44 AM
The spursies are just delaying the inevitable Hornets will still more likely win it in 5 or 6 at worst

spurschick
05-09-2008, 12:45 AM
WOW ... just how BAD is Ely? I can't wait for him to get kicked to the curb.

We call guys like that "6 fouls to give". :downspin:

samikeyp
05-09-2008, 12:46 AM
:lol

T Park
05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Chandler was in foul trouble cause the Spurs were finally agressive in getting to the hole.

Hope Duncan in his isos can give him some upfakes and get him in foul trouble earlier.

samikeyp
05-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Chandler was in foul trouble cause the Spurs were finally agressive in getting to the hole.

Hope Duncan in his isos can give him some upfakes and get him in foul trouble earlier.

Well said. :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 12:53 AM
No B.S. excuses ... yall just out played us in the 2nd half and no one on our team other than Paul, West, and Chandler decided showed up. WOW ... just how BAD is Ely? I can't wait for him to get kicked to the curb.

I just like your sig and that ass

JOE in NO
05-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I think "beating the shit" is a little much. Both teams had the same number of rebounds, turnovers, blocked shots, and even free throw attemps. The difference was that you moved the ball better (28 assists to 15), knocked down your shots tonight: the Spurs went 11-25 from 3pt and 17-21 at the line; the Hornets were 2-11 3pt and 15-21 FT.

On to game four!

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Wasn't really an ass-beating. More like Chris Paul ran out of magic.

He has to cool down eventually . . . doesn't he?

Brutalis
05-09-2008, 01:26 AM

I agree that has been lacking, if TD would face up quickly and make a move we could get somewhere quicker.

Strike
05-09-2008, 01:29 AM
It was good to finally see the Spurs penetrating and forcing their way into the paint. Tony was much more aggressive, as was Manu (even with the bad wheel), and Duncan was better in the paint, playing off the doubles and, at times, trying to fight through them. Bowen and Finley were hitting shots and the defense picked up. More like the Spurs I know and love.

However, they were, at times, still too quick to settle for the jump shot. If they have open shots, by all means, take them. But set the offense and run the plays before jacking up a shot with 12 seconds left on the shot clock.

When the Spurs play their game, they have a fighting chance against any team in the league.

Dex
05-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Wasn't really an ass-beating. More like Chris Paul ran out of magic.

He has to cool down eventually . . . doesn't he?

I sure as hell hope so.

Frickin' Chris Paul and David West going Jason Terry-style on us and knocking down everything they chuck up.

TampaDude
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM

Heh...now you know how us Spurs fans felt after Games 1 and 2... :lol

degenerate_gambler
05-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I sure as hell hope so.

Frickin' Chris Paul and David West going Jason Terry-style on us and knocking down everything they chuck up.

I'll take my chances of letting those two get theirs as long as Peja, Mo Pete, Bonzi, et al are shut down.

NoMoneyDown
05-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I thought profanity wasn't allowed in subject lines?

Anyway, the Hornets are lightening fast. Not sure if the Spurs can keep this up for another 3-4 games. Still keeping the faith, though.

cjjr72984
05-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I think "beating the shit" is a little much. Both teams had the same number of rebounds, turnovers, blocked shots, and even free throw attemps. The difference was that you moved the ball better (28 assists to 15), knocked down your shots tonight: the Spurs went 11-25 from 3pt and 17-21 at the line; the Hornets were 2-11 3pt and 15-21 FT.

On to game four!

My thoughts exactly. They executed....plain and simple. But if that's how the spurs will play the next two games, the Hornets have the firepower to rebuttle.

cjjr72984
05-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I thought profanity wasn't allowed in subject lines?

Anyway, the Hornets are lightening fast. Not sure if the Spurs can keep this up for another 3-4 games. Still keeping the faith, though.

I doubt they can.....

m33p0
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
spurs had a few thing going for them in the game. hopefully it continues.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I doubt they can.....

I doubt Peja is going to score on Bowen.

I doubt we're going to continue giving West uncontested 16 footers.

And if you'll notice, Spurs players are starting to wise up to the lobs that Paul throws. We picked a couple of those off in the 3rd and 4th and they were easy buckets on the other end for us.

Really, I think the X-factor for this series is the play of Chandler. Paul is unstoppable, and ANY team that doubles the Spurs will get their ass kicked eventually. Doubling is just admitting that your defense is inadequate. If Chandler plays well, the defense might be good enough to slow the Spurs down by just playing good hard man-to-man D. Continue to double Timmy, and the series is over. It's hard enough to guard the Spurs straight up, but when you double it's essentially 4 on 5, and you're going to give up penetration to either Manu or Tony, or a 3 by the man left open beyond the arc.

But the Hornets are SO active on defense, I have to admire a lot of them (not all, that Bonzi undercut on Parker was dirty and as dangerous as it gets in basketball) because they clearly aren't lazy.

This team actually feels a lot like the Suns from last year, except with slightly less firepower, but a superior PG, much better chemistry, and a team commitment to, if not be excellent on defense, then just at least TRY very hard to swarm the ball and play like they want to win.

This Hornets team is better than any Suns team we have ever faced, for the simple fact that they move their feet on D instead of standing around hoping to outscore the Spurs.

sa_butta
05-09-2008, 12:21 PM
The spursies are just delaying the inevitable Hornets will still more likely win it in 5 or 6 at worstYou are like Stephen A. Smith's clone. Your predictions are like a fantasy, they keep popping up in your head but never come true. Maybe one day you guys will learn at start picking the old, slow, boring Spurs.

Bartleby
05-09-2008, 12:34 PM
This team actually feels a lot like the Suns from last year, except with slightly less firepower, but a superior PG, much better chemistry, and a team commitment to, if not be excellent on defense, then just at least TRY very hard to swarm the ball and play like they want to win.

And the Hornets have a much better coach.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
And the Hornets have a much better coach.

In fairness to D'antoni (even though he's overrated), I don't think Pop could get Nash to guard Parker. At all. Ever. It's just not physically possible.

But yeah, Byron >>>>>> Mike.

oligarchy
05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
My thoughts exactly. They executed....plain and simple. But if that's how the spurs will play the next two games, the Hornets have the firepower to rebuttle.

Excellent analysis. I like the break-down you had there. You notice how if you read through some of the threads before game 3, people broke down adjustments that needed to be made?

E.g., slide bowen to Peja -- which is a ripple effect on defense because it will not only limit Peja's performance, but will also cause Finley/Manu to slide over Mo. Now, you saw in the game what happened there.

Take some time, think about the adjustments the hornets can make, post it here. It's called a basketball discussion.

"HORNETS IN 3!" isn't a discussion. DUD3. THER3 FIR3POW3R ALON3 WILL O\/\/N!