PDA

View Full Version : Good Game; Spurs Played Like Champs

Get Buzzin
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Good game; Spurs played like Champs:depressed. Hornets played like chumps:sleep. The question is . . . is two days enough rest for the old Spurs?. The playoffs HAVE just begun:p:

urunobili
05-08-2008, 11:41 PM
thanks.. we don;t need your ass kissing until the series is over though...

TDfan2007
05-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Good game; Spurs played like Champs:depressed. Hornets played like chumps:sleep. The question is . . . is two days enough rest for the old Spurs?. The playoffs HAVE just begun:p:

If I were you I'd be VERY happy with how the Hornets played tonight. They just got outplayed in the 4th quarter, which is what should happen when you play a team like the Spurs. They showed a lot of hustle, poise, and grit this game. NOt to mention the fact that CHandler, West, and Paul had almost perfect games.

As a Spurs fan I'm happy because the Hornets can't play much better than they played tonight and we still got the W.

phyzik
05-08-2008, 11:49 PM
It may sound homerish but you have to give us SOME benifit of the doubt when a Spurs fan says this (remember, we have been through this)....

Spurs STILL didnt play their best.

It was better but still not Spurs ball.

That being said, Im relieved after this win.

Sasha
05-09-2008, 12:36 AM

I guess you guys think if you keep saying 'old Spurs' long enough they'll believe you and just drop dead.

You can only hope...

T Park
05-09-2008, 12:41 AM

Yeah the old ass Spurs had 2 days off before today and kicked your ass.

Duncan makes his normal chippies this game is over a long time ago.

rayray2k8
05-09-2008, 12:44 AM
The spurs out hustled the young hornets in the 4th quarter.
West just looked tired after he missed his last 2 Free throws.
He even took a few seconds to gather himself, before he went back on D, afterwards.

I think this is might be the answer.
When you think about it, the hornets really dont have much to rely on when it
comes to their reserves.

Yes, these hornets are young, but the level that Paul played, took it's toll on him.
You do eventually run out of gas, no matter the age factor.

ecksodia
05-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah my sentiment exactly. The Hornets played well, and the Spurs still got the W. I'm sure the Hornets realize this; there was a stretch where West just made jumper after jumper, Paul was scoring at will.. and the Spurs would still not be denied.

Manu_Ginobili
05-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Interested in learning where are all those Hornets fans after last night?

Brutalis
05-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Interested in learning where are all those Hornets fans after last night?

http://www.geocities.com/whereforebaio/sbpics/zapped.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Yet more proof of how many Hornets fans don't understand basketball. The Hornets played really well and had a shot at this game. They didn't leave anyone any more wide open in this game than they did in the last two. They didn't do any worse a job at defending or getting back than they did in the last two. They didn't take less advantage of what was given them in this game than they did in the last two.

Champions impose their will. The Hornets just had will imposed on them. The only one who seemed to understand that was David West, who I respect more every time he opens his mouth. He might be intense and even aggravating to his opponents, but I like him.

Manufan909
05-09-2008, 04:18 AM
What did he say after the game?

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 05:33 AM
He said that the Spurs dictated the pace and took control of the game. He also mentioned the inability of the team to capitalize off being in the bonus so early in the third, which is spot on in my opinion.

tmtcsc
05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
He said that the Spurs dictated the pace and took control of the game. He also mentioned the inability of the team to capitalize off being in the bonus so early in the third, which is spot on in my opinion.

Byron Scott mentioned not taking advantage of the Bonus first. Hell, I noticed that during the game. You're right, we just made more shots this time and competed in the 3rd.

florige
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
It may sound homerish but you have to give us SOME benifit of the doubt when a Spurs fan says this (remember, we have been through this)....

Spurs STILL didnt play their best.

It was better but still not Spurs ball.

That being said, Im relieved after this win.

I'm relieved too because Duncan has really yet to get off in this series. Once he starts attacking the same way Paul does this thing could turn quick. He is still settling for his jumpshot.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
The most important thing is confidence is rather back now for the Spurs. I believe they hit a spot last night where they finally woke up to these series and it's game on going forward.