PDA

View Full Version : Mental Toughness

raspsa
05-08-2008, 11:53 PM
The much vaunted playoff toughness and pride of the Spurs finally showed up when it mattered. After getting pushed around in games 1&2, the Spurs managed to impose their type of play onthe Hornets with a tough defensive effort. I always believed that if the Spurs could keep the game close and not get blown out early, they would be the steadier team come crunchtime. Chris Paul is a terrific PG and it will be extremely difficult for the Spurs to play catchup. Just keep the game close guys and let's see w/c team handles the pressure better at the end.

I have to acknowledge the great heart that manu displayed today. He played thru the pain and did what was needed to win. TP to stayed aggressive. Duncan showed his true form when it mattered. Finley, Oberto, Thomas, all put in their share. Bowen rendered Peja a non-factor w/c was absolutely huge.

I'm so pumped up after this win. If only Manu was 100% the I'd have no doubt about the series outcome. As it stands now, I'll just have to take it one game at a time and hope he doesn't aggravate the injury. I expect TD to continue getting stronger in the series. The same goes for TP. I also hope Pop goes to the bench a bit more.