PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul needs to stfu.

SequSpur
05-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I mean does that punk ass ever stfu? Shit, he flops like a bitch, talks shit to everyone... I still don't understand why that bitch isn't in the 3rd row when he goes into the paint. Fuk him. Damn, he is such a bitch ass.

I'm sick of the spurs playing like fukin pussies... Knock him on his ass.........................................shit.. ...........

:ihit

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2008, 11:59 PM
we won

Brutalis
05-09-2008, 12:01 AM
I think he is just upset at the defense around the basket. Rebounds are why Paul got the second chance to do what he does if not bailed out by a foul. Then the 2nd go round we turn soft and give fuckhead a layup.

nkdlunch
05-09-2008, 12:01 AM
nothing wrog with that. He beleives he is better than anyone on the floor and can boss anyone aroung. Same thing MJ used to do. He prooved he was the best player out there by far.

hive_attack
05-09-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm sure if he was on your team, you would love him.

SequSpur
nothing wrog with that. He beleives he is better than anyone on the floor and can boss anyone aroung. Same thing MJ used to do. He was the best player out there by far.

Wait til that fucker goes into the tank for a couple of games and the spurs take control of this mofo.

bdictjames
When has Paul talked shit? Except for the Mavs game. Guy has a lot of confidence no doubt, but it transcends to the court with an amazing game.

Spurs did a good job at him tonight though, played as well as anybody could have. GO SPURS GO!!!

lefty
05-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I mean does that punk ass ever stfu? Shit, he flops like a bitch, talks shit to everyone... I still don't understand why that bitch isn't in the 3rd row when he goes into the paint. Fuk him. Damn, he is such a bitch ass.

I'm sick of the spurs playing like fukin pussies... Knock him on his ass.........................................shit.. ...........

:lmao

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2008, 12:04 AM
I respect Paul's game..

He's cocky, but he backs it up.

SequSpur
When has Paul talked shit? Except for the Mavs game. Guy has a lot of confidence no doubt, but it transcends to the court with an amazing game.

Spurs did a good job at him tonight though, played as well as anybody could have. GO SPURS GO!!!

WTF? Do you watch the game in closed captioned?

nkdlunch
one thing I will say, Paul has overtaken all Spurs in flopping. he is the best at it.

dbreiden83080
Great player big mouth

SequSpur
05-09-2008, 12:05 AM
I respect Paul's game..

yeah, but the spurs need to knock the shit out of him. where is mario elie when you need someone...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2008, 12:05 AM
yeah, but the spurs need to knock the shit out of him. where is mario elie when you need someone...

The closest thing we got is Horry to rattle his ass.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2008, 12:06 AM

we already have robert horry for the hip checks

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 12:07 AM
paul is a pussy faggot who gets more than his share of foul calls in his favor.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 12:08 AM
you have to respect his game, he hit some incredible shots. He finished the game with 60% FG

hater
05-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Paul >>>>>> Kobe as player

Paul >>>>>> Manu as flopper

he got the whole package

spurscenter
05-09-2008, 12:10 AM
yea paul is amazing player but he needs to show class out there

he is still a little kid with his demeanor. He is a tad too cocky.

LeBron is cocky in a way but he doesnt get in your face with the cockyness or crying as Paul does.

Perhaps 1 big endorsement will settle him down and I dont mean 2k8

gameFACE
05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
we already have robert horry for the hip checks
So it's time for Rob to take another Big Shot?
:smokin

MajicMan
05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Now you know how other teams feel about Manu's flopping

/thread

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-09-2008, 12:13 AM

:flag:

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2008, 12:14 AM
yea paul is amazing player but he needs to show class out there

he is still a little kid with his demeanor. He is a tad too cocky.

LeBron is cocky in a way but he doesnt get in your face with the cockyness or crying as Paul does.

Perhaps 1 big endorsement will settle him down and I dont mean 2k8

Lebron came into the league relatively mature for his age (at least on court)...with all the hype on his shoulders.

CP3 isn't the same as Lebron, and I think Lebron's flashy but never obnoxious on the court. He also protects his teammates as a leader better.

IMO Lebron has a more likable on-court personality than CP.

Chris Paul's a hothead. Bitch moves rolling around when Bowen barely grazed him ....:lmao

Chris Paul has a sense of entitlement; I think he suffers from Small man's syndrome.

gameFACE
05-09-2008, 12:19 AM
I agree that CP3 backs up his cockyness with his play. He's killer. But it can come back and bite him in the ass, too.

jn77
05-09-2008, 12:21 AM
I actually really respect Chris Paul's Basketball abilities. The kid can really play, however his attitude and his constant flopping is taking away from that respect. Tonight he flopped and rolled when no one was near him. All the 18,000 fans at the AT&T center could do was laugh at him (oh btw somehow he still got the call)

Play the game like a man, not like a little bitch.

Medvedenko
05-09-2008, 12:21 AM

Paul >>>>>> Manu as flopper

he got the whole package

Worst post of the year....

Flooper and best player don't go hand in hand my friend.

nkdlunch
05-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I actually really respect Chris Paul's Basketball abilities. The kid can really play, however his attitude and his constant flopping is taking away from that respect. Tonight he flopped and rolled when no one was near him. All the 18,000 fans at the AT&T center could do was laugh at him (oh btw somehow he still got the call)

Play the game like a man, not like a little bitch.

huh, Manu flops ALMOSt as much as Paul.

I give him full props. A warrior just like Manu, Duncan and Parker. Too bad the rest of the Hornets are not.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-09-2008, 12:22 AM

/thread

first time we agree on something :lol:toast

JamStone
05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
So it's cool that Manu has been a huge flopper his entire NBA career because he doesn't talk shit to other players and doesn't act cocky on the court?

Indazone
05-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Just put Horry out there for a few plays to guard CP3. If he goes to the hole, Horry is expendable. Tell Horry to clock the guy.

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Just put Horry out there for a few plays to guard CP3. If he goes to the hole, Horry is expendable. Tell Horry to clock the guy.

:lol

finally, i agree with you! :toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:27 AM
My favorite Chris Paul moment tonight was when they called a foul, he picked up his dribble, traveled, bumped into Oberto and flopped and did a barrel roll (like when they teach you stop, drop, and roll as a kid), and then got up looking for a foul call. :lol

brettn
05-09-2008, 12:31 AM
My favorite Chris Paul moment tonight was when they called a foul, he picked up his dribble, traveled, bumped into Oberto and flopped and did a barrel roll (like when they teach you stop, drop, and roll as a kid), and then got up looking for a foul call. :lol

may have been the best flop ive ever seen.

granted he didnt get the call but as far as hollywood flops go.... man that was amazing.

nkdlunch
05-09-2008, 12:38 AM
yeah that flop beat Kirilenko's legendary flop from last year

Manudona
05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I would like to have it in youtube, anyone?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2008, 12:53 AM
So it's cool that Manu has been a huge flopper his entire NBA career because he doesn't talk shit to other players and doesn't act cocky on the court?

flopping offenses and talking shit to players is apples and oranges...

Even Old-School Horry has had hilarious flopping instances.

Chris Paul rolling around on the ground is too much :lmao

Matchman
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM

your post is worthless without YouTube Vids :downspin:

Fabbs
05-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Don't look for soft serve 2008 version Duncan to do it. Had the perfect chance a couple times tonight. Especially where Parker had already got called for the foul and then Paul got his twisty reverse to fall. Might as well had been wearing a sign that said "knock me down" for soft serve Tim.

theMUHMEshow
05-09-2008, 01:05 AM

Hope you dislike Manu :downspin:

greens
05-09-2008, 01:09 AM

Honestly, in the recent years, I don't see Manu flopping that much anymore at all.

I actually see now Horry/Kurt flopping more on the Spurs team.

Manu doesn't flop that much anymore.

Either way, Chris is an amazing player but he already acts like his all that.

JOE in NO
05-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Both teams need to shut up and play. Paul, Chandler, and West for the Hornets and Duncan, Parker, and Bowen for yall. Every time down the court someone was complaining about a foul. I thought the refs did a great job allowing the game to be physical but in control.

I think both teams know Dirk's the worst. He'll flop if you sneeze in his direction.

mystargtr34
05-09-2008, 01:13 AM
I dont think its so much his flopping... i mean a couple times CP3 has put Manu to shame with his flops... but its just the way he carries himself on the court.... it\ can be disrespectful.

Borosai
05-09-2008, 01:14 AM
My biggest problem with Chris Paul is his attitude. For example, intentionally running into Bowen after a play and flailing around hoping for a tech on Bowen. What is that childish bullshit? Stars in this league don't act like that. If you want to be cocky and run your mouth, fine--as long as you back it up. But that crap takes away from his game.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2008, 01:17 AM
The flopping one one hand pisses me off. But then again, I'm a Spurs fan so wtf can I really sit back and say about flopping?

The jawing and the cockiness have a special place in my heart though. I think thats the sign of a great player if you can back it up. Jordan did that shit all the time. Payton did too. Isiah was a bitch at times. You can go down the list of great guards and you find that in them to an extent.

CP3 is fucking amazing, but he does flop like a fish out of the water too. Whatever, send his ass home is all I'm asking.

T Park
05-09-2008, 01:19 AM
The shot he made when he was fouled and was spun in the air and threw it up behind his head was just fantastic.

I have no beefs at all with Chris Paul.

Im a huge fan.

Man of Steel
05-09-2008, 01:20 AM
FUCK YOU FLOPPER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP--

SIGNED--YOUR MOTHER...

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk94/Sportsking5_41/212a8ab63539a3b2ebf9df38a4cf38ce-ge.jpg

T Park
05-09-2008, 01:21 AM
The flopping one one hand pisses me off. But then again, I'm a Spurs fan so wtf can I really sit back and say about flopping?

The jawing and the cockiness have a special place in my heart though. I think thats the sign of a great player if you can back it up. Jordan did that shit all the time. Payton did too. Isiah was a bitch at times. You can go down the list of great guards and you find that in them to an extent.

CP3 is fucking amazing, but he does flop like a fish out of the water too. Whatever, send his ass home is all I'm asking.

Yeah exactly, him being cocky is OK.
Dirk with his supposed mean look and fist thing is what pisses me off.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 01:21 AM
What are the odds on CP3 attempting another nut-punch before the series is over?

T Park
05-09-2008, 01:22 AM
What are the odds on CP3 attempting another nut-punch before the series is over?

If the Spurs play the defense sunday like they did tonight, pretty bleeping likely.

Soul_Patch
05-09-2008, 09:04 AM
I think the real problem with Chris Paul is he takes everything way to personally. When someone plays physical defense with him, he acts as if they are out to get him, when someone bumps him, he acts as if it is a challenge to fight....get over yourself.

This shit happens all the time in the playoffs. Take the chip off of your shoulder and act like a man. He is a damn good basketball player with a piss poor attitude.

RandomGuy
05-09-2008, 09:08 AM

He also wrote the name of a dead boy on his shoes in dedication to a the boy who was a fan but died of cancer before he could meet Paul (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-05-09-paul-fan_N.htm)for an autograph.

He gets a bit of slack in my book for that. I think our team can just take the high road, and simply shut him and his team down without knocking him on his ass.

RandomGuy
05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I think the real problem with Chris Paul is he takes everything way to personally. When someone plays physical defense with him, he acts as if they are out to get him, when someone bumps him, he acts as if it is a challenge to fight....get over yourself.

This shit happens all the time in the playoffs. Take the chip off of your shoulder and act like a man. He is a damn good basketball player with a piss poor attitude.

I agree.

A year or two's worth a maturity would do him some good.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm just a litle worried if the Spurs win game 4 that this guy Paul will complain a lot to the refs and flop his way to a victory in game 5. I believe they thought it was already too easy and they should be the ones moving on by beating the spurs but last night they got the message isn't going to be that easy. If they get too nervous about this, I'm sure the whining will start very quickly.

MoSpur
05-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Its West that I can't stand. Paul is cocky, but its understandable. The guy is more than likely the best PG in the game right now. West is good, but becaue of CP3. W/no CP3, he isn't in the All Star Game.

cash459
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM

/thread

Manu does it during the play; paul does it after the whistle....plus, paul extremely over-exagerates his actions when they happen.

Ginofan
05-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Its West that I can't stand. Paul is cocky, but its understandable. The guy is more than likely the best PG in the game right now. West is good, but becaue of CP3. W/no CP3, he isn't in the All Star Game.

CP, he's young and cocky and backs it up...that's fine. But like someone else said...I can't stand "dead ball flopping". Flop during the game when there's actual contact, but when it's dead ball...you just look like a clown.

As for West...I just don't believe he was that he WAS a DRob fan. No TRUE fan of Robinson would be pulling the dirty/jerkoff moves that he does.

Soul_Patch
05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
i just think David West's jump shot is amazing. The dude never seems to miss, regardless of how many hands are in his face. I completely respect his game, but he also has a bit of that chris paul attitude rubbing off on him, mostly because im sure CP3 perpetuates it in the huddle and locker room.

Dex
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah, for a guy and a team that has never won a second round series, they sure do think they are pretty hot shit.

We really need to win this series.

cjjr72984
05-09-2008, 09:39 AM
I respect Paul's game..

Nothing wrong with that.

Jordan was 10X the talker on the court than Paul is, and he's the greatest basketball player ever. I would understand if Paul was a scrub (*cough* Deshawn Stevenson, Brendan Haywood *cough*) that talks smack to other superstars and can't back it up. But Paul has a fire in him that I've never seen from the point guard position.

Not to mention he's a good teammate and person. But then again you guys are Spurs fans so I expect your opinions to differ from mine. But I don't think he deserves to be called "a little whining bitch" and all of these other names I hear.

It's just ironic that I'm seeing this on a Spurs board......

Kriz-Maxima
05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
All stars have attitude, with small exceptions, deal with it.

I dont mind his flopping. I mean, I do mind but its so common, every team flops, you just cant single him out.

But that dead ball flop against Bowen was extremely low and made me lose some respect for the kid. He looked like a complete and total bitch.

cjjr72984
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
West is good, but because of CP3. W/no CP3, he isn't in the All Star Game.

:rolleyes

Explain why you think this please.....

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
one thing I will say, Paul has overtaken all Spurs in flopping. he is the best at it.

Come on now, there is a difference between "best" and "most prolific". Wait until Paul can at least choose believable spots before you call him best.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:30 AM

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:31 AM

/thread

which he barely does anymore?

thread

- Mars

MoSpur
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Explain why you think this please.....

If CP3 isn't on that team and West has a point guard named Delonte West, does David West make the All Star team? I doubt it. Throw in the fact that the game was in NOLA.

He is good. No doubt, but CP3 has a lot do with that. Same thing with Amare Stoudemire. Nash makes Amare look great, but take Nash off of that team and Amare isn't as good.

TampaDude
05-09-2008, 10:45 AM
He also wrote the name of a dead boy on his shoes in dedication to a the boy who was a fan but died of cancer before he could meet Paul (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-05-09-paul-fan_N.htm)for an autograph.

He gets a bit of slack in my book for that. I think our team can just take the high road, and simply shut him and his team down without knocking him on his ass.

Wow...good article...stuff like that makes it real hard to hate CP...sure, I want his team to lose to the Spurs, but I can't hate on him personally...

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I get the feeling there are a ton of people here who have never played a sport in their life.

Paul is obviously not a "whiny little bitch", or have a bad attitude, or is extremely cocky or anything like that. Paul is actually a very nice, well spoken, great human being. See the story about his uncle who died while he was in high school. See what he has done here in NO. See what he wanted to do for Brian.

Almost every person I have ever known who is worth anything athletically is a different person once that whistle sounds, or once that ball is tipped, or kicked off, etc. Chris Paul is not a nice person on the court and he does not intend to be. He is more competitive than anyone on that basketball court. It's the same thing that makes him so great.

Truth is, he's great friends with Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan, and Lebron, and almost every player in the league. Everytime a team comes to NO, it has one of his friends coming to stay at his house. He's friends with Reggie Bush, and on and on. People love him, because he is a truly genuine, and great person. They don't expect him to be polite on the court. No one is meant to be nice on the court. But what happens on the court, stays on the court. CP3 plays the game the right way.

And as far as him flopping, all I can say is he hasn't flopped one time in the 3 years he has been here. There are only two plays that I seriously question, the Bowen bump, and the Oberto bump. I don't know what that is about, it's two guys that gave him good shots right before. I too would rather him not get into all of that.

ElNono
05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
And as far as him flopping, all I can say is he hasn't flopped one time in the 3 years he has been here. There are only two plays that I seriously question, the Bowen bump, and the Oberto bump. I don't know what that is about, it's two guys that gave him good shots right before. I too would rather him not get into all of that.

I would rather he does. It means they got into his head, and it's the kind of distractions that make you lose focus. He is still due for one bad playoff game. It happens to everybody. I'm just hoping it happens this series.

Summers
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Chris Paul is not a nice person on the court and he does not intend to be.

Isn't this what people are talking about? Nobody's talking about his attitude off the court.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
you can be a competitive person on the court and not a cocky bastard who, with the exception of this year, has done NOTHING in the playoffs.

- Mars

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I would rather he does. It means they got into his head, and it's the kind of distractions that make you lose focus. He is still due for one bad playoff game. It happens to everybody. I'm just hoping it happens this series.

Well, I really don't think you could say it gets in his head. You see the way he played. He is actually MUCH better when he is really pissed off. That's why we(Hornets fans) laugh when people say hard foul him. You had better injure him if you try that. Dallas tried that along with everything else. The kid plays angry, don't give him more of an excuse.

Harry Callahan
05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
CP is a wonderful player and we are all now well aware that NO is a VERY good team.

I have an issue with Paul on some of the "Sportscenter" moments - the spectacular shots will make. He is allowed to carry the basketball and/or take two and a half to three steps to get to the basket in some cases.

I don't like the free pass he gets on some of these moves. Mind you, it's not all the time, but the officials need to watch out for that and call it. Paul is good enough to make plays without the extra help.

ElNono
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, I really don't think you could say it gets in his head. You see the way he played. He is actually MUCH better when he is really pissed off. That's why we(Hornets fans) laugh when people say hard foul him. You had better injure him if you try that. Dallas tried that along with everything else. The kid plays angry, don't give him more of an excuse.

You keep guys bringing up Dallas. This is where you're going wrong.
I didn't see him trying those flops on them.

stretch
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM

I can see why some people might say this. I don't think hes a better all-around player than Kobe, but he is definitley far superior to Kobe at making his teammates better.

Strike
05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I get the feeling there are a ton of people here who have never played a sport in their life.

Paul is obviously not a "whiny little bitch", or have a bad attitude, or is extremely cocky or anything like that.

And as far as him flopping, all I can say is he hasn't flopped one time in the 3 years he has been here.

:lmao

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Yo I swear to god that If Paul didn't talk so much shit, whine about everything and act like a asshole on the court he would be one of my favorite players. But since he chooses to act that way I hope the Spurs teach him a lesson.

ElNono
05-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I have an issue with Paul on some of the "Sportscenter" moments - the spectacular shots will make. He is allowed to carry the basketball and/or take two and a half to three steps to get to the basket in some cases.

I also noticed he clears with his off hand a whole lot. Not a knock on him. Baron Davis does that a lot too.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 11:22 AM

The same can be said about TP and Manu. Neither carries as obviously as Paul, but they both get away with it, and TP gets away with a lot of travels, althouth that's partially cancelled by the fact they get called for travels that aren't.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Varsity Football, 3 years, bitch.

- Mars

stretch
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM

Paul is obviously not a "whiny little bitch", or have a bad attitude, or is extremely cocky or anything like that. Paul is actually a very nice, well spoken, great human being. See the story about his uncle who died while he was in high school. See what he has done here in NO. See what he wanted to do for Brian.

Almost every person I have ever known who is worth anything athletically is a different person once that whistle sounds, or once that ball is tipped, or kicked off, etc. Chris Paul is not a nice person on the court and he does not intend to be. He is more competitive than anyone on that basketball court. It's the same thing that makes him so great.

Truth is, he's great friends with Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan, and Lebron, and almost every player in the league. Everytime a team comes to NO, it has one of his friends coming to stay at his house. He's friends with Reggie Bush, and on and on. People love him, because he is a truly genuine, and great person. They don't expect him to be polite on the court. No one is meant to be nice on the court. But what happens on the court, stays on the court. CP3 plays the game the right way.

I'm sure he's a great guy off the court. I don't doubt that one bit. But on the court, he is definitley a bit of a hothead and takes fouls sometimes way too personally. He plays the game the right way, but sometimes he needs to just stay calm and know when to chill the fuck out.

Get the FUCK out of here you stupid son of a bitch.

George Gervin's Afro

Maybe you should have found better competition when you played because being good and being an ass don't go hand in hand..Over my 39 yrs I have played teams sports for 33 yrs of my life and I cam across my share of asses but I respected a guy more if he kicked my, or my team's, ass and just went about his business... Just because your a good player doesn't mean that you can act like a jack ass

ClingingMars
The same can be said about TP and Manu. Neither carries as obviously as Paul, but they both get away with it, and TP gets away with a lot of travels, althouth that's partially cancelled by the fact they get called for travels that aren't.

psh, TP gets called for as many as he gets away with. don't give me that bullshit.

- Mars

Red Hawk #21

This post shows that you are the definition of a big time homer...

ElNono
05-09-2008, 11:26 AM

Come on. Tony got called for traveling 3 times *AT HOME* last night.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 11:29 AM
psh, TP gets called for as many as he gets away with. don't give me that bullshit.

- Mars

Uhh, the point was he gets away with a LOT of them. The fact that he still gets called for a couple a game just shows how often he travels.

Unless your argument is "Paul should be called for some of those travels, but not all of them", that fact that TP gets away with so many, is a valid point to bring up.

Take off the homer-glasses man.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Uhh, the point was he gets away with a LOT of them. The fact that he still gets called for a couple a game just shows how often he travels.

Unless your argument is "Paul should be called for some of those travels, but not all of them", that fact that TP gets away with so many, is a valid point to bring up.

Take off the homer-glasses man.

of course, and the point is that paul is NEVER called for traveling.

- Mars

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Come on. Tony got called for traveling 3 times *AT HOME* last night.

And I thought 2 of them weren't even traveling. Doesn't mean he doesn't get away with it quite often.

roycrikside
05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
He's a whiny punk and he's got no class. He give Ric Bucher that bullshit "Manu caught the ball, lined up the seams and shot it, all under .8 seconds" quote at halftime when replays clearly showed Ginobili got the shot off.

He honestly thinks there's a ref conspiracy against his team? Bitch ass punk.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
of course, and the point is that paul is NEVER called for traveling.

- Mars

So you'd be happy if he got called for traveling 1/3rd or so of the time he actually does?

jcrod
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
All stars have attitude, with small exceptions, deal with it.

I dont mind his flopping. I mean, I do mind but its so common, every team flops, you just cant single him out.

But that dead ball flop against Bowen was extremely low and made me lose some respect for the kid. He looked like a complete and total bitch.

That type of flopping i cant stand. Its one thing to flop (I can't stand Fab or Manu when they do it) during drives trying to draw the charge. But his off the ball crap is non stop. He whales like a litte bitch and then lobbies the refs for a call.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
So you'd be happy if he got called for traveling 1/3rd or so of the time he actually does?

just SOME. obviously you can't catch 'em all.

- Mars

jcrod
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Get the FUCK out of here you stupid son of a bitch.

:rollin

WildcardManu
05-09-2008, 11:40 AM

+1

Darcus
05-09-2008, 11:44 AM
He's a whiny punk and he's got no class. He give Ric Bucher that bullshit "Manu caught the ball, lined up the seams and shot it, all under .8 seconds" quote at halftime when replays clearly showed Ginobili got the shot off.

He honestly thinks there's a ref conspiracy against his team? Bitch ass punk.

Uhh... Chris Paul says that Ginobili got the ball and shot it under .8 seconds, and you say no, he got the ball and shot it under .8 seconds? Where's the disagreement?

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Uhh... Chris Paul says that Ginobili got the ball and shot it under .8 seconds, and you say no, he got the ball and shot it under .8 seconds? Where's the disagreement?

if you couldn't detect the sarcasm in his voice, then you are truly a homer.

even Ric had to ask him about it.

- Mars

Allanon
05-09-2008, 11:46 AM

He was not really agreeing with it, he was being sarcastic.

3 years without flopping? That's some serious homer kool-aid you're drinking. Cp3 is one of the most prolific floppers in the NBA today. He uses his small size to great advantage to get calls.

CP3 has little man syndrome.

George Gervin's Afro
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM

I lived on the Gulfcoast for over 7yrs and I came across many dumb people like yourself.. Paul was obviuosly inferring that the shot shouldn't have counted..Yet you choose to play dumb...

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 11:50 AM

Keep acting like you don't know you homer

WildcardManu
05-09-2008, 11:51 AM
See Derek Fisher 2004 game 4 Western Conference Semi-finals. 0.4

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 11:53 AM
See Derek Fisher 2004 game 4 Western Conference Semi-finals. 0.4

Exactly, if Fish can get it off with 0.4 than there's no reason Manu can't get it off with double the time. :toast

WildcardManu
Exactly, if Fish can get it off with 0.4 than there's no reason Manu can't get it off with double the time. :toast

oops, edit: it was game 5

series was already tied at 2-2

CheeburgerCheeburger
I lived on the Gulfcoast for over 7yrs and I came across many dumb people like yourself..
:lol

Spurminator
05-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow, you guys are being really ultra sensitive about Paul's halftime interview. So he didn't think Manu got it off in time. WGAF? I'm guessing he thought about it for a good 30 seconds.

Anyway, carry on...

Shank
05-09-2008, 11:55 AM
The thing about Paul-

You hate the shit out of him when he's killing your team (ala the Mavs series), but when you watch him and don't care about who wins or loses you appreciate just how amazing he is.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Wow, you guys are being really ultra sensitive about Paul's halftime interview. So he didn't think Manu got it off in time. WGAF? I'm guessing he thought about it for a good 30 seconds.

Anyway, carry on...

it's a pattern, not an isolated event.

but please, carry on the bashing... :rolleyes

- Mars

sa_butta
05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I respect Paul's game..

My feelings exactly. But if the Spurs want him to stfu, then they need to contain him and frustrate him on the court.

Darcus
05-09-2008, 12:03 PM
if you couldn't detect the sarcasm in his voice, then you are truly a homer.

even Ric had to ask him about it.

- Mars

Honestly, I wasn't paying undivided attention to the TV tuner window at the time, and I didn't save it to rewatch, unfortunately, but it had seemed to me that he was just out of breath and that's why he sounded like that. I guess I am wrong.

Honestly though, I did think the clock started late, but whatever.

And I'm not being a homer defending CP3, I think David West needs to cut the shit out soon (see clapping at Oberto, slapping Nowitzki).

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Honestly, I wasn't paying undivided attention to the TV tuner window at the time, and I didn't save it to rewatch, unfortunately, but it had seemed to me that he was just out of breath and that's why he sounded like that. I guess I am wrong.

And I'm not being a homer defending CP3, I think David West needs to cut the shit out soon (see clapping at Oberto, slapping Nowitzki).

:toast

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Holy crap, where to start? I didn't say anything earth shattering here. I don't think my posts have been all that hard to understand.

For the guy talking about bringing up Dallas, I was pretty clear that Dallas tried the hard fouling and it didn't work. You had talked about getting in his head, and I was giving an example of how Dallas tried that as well, and it doesn't work.

For all the rest talking about him flopping, don't you think you may be taking the three year thing just a bit too literal. My point is this series isn't his first experience in the NBA. He has played for 3 years and never been known to flop. Some have even commented how he never flopped in the Dallas series. I actually agreed with you about the two major instances where it looked pretty shady.

I know it's a message board, and things in writing don't come across easily, but I would hope ya'll were able to understand what I was saying. But some of you, I'm sure you never will.

stretch
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM
CP3 has little man syndrome.

LOL

I honestly think that is why he gets so defensive over any foul or physical play.

stretch
05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Holy crap, where to start? I didn't say anything earth shattering here. I don't think my posts have been all that hard to understand.

For the guy talking about bringing up Dallas, I was pretty clear that Dallas tried the hard fouling and it didn't work. You had talked about getting in his head, and I was giving an example of how Dallas tried that as well, and it doesn't work.

For all the rest talking about him flopping, don't you think you may be taking the three year thing just a bit too literal. My point is this series isn't his first experience in the NBA. He has played for 3 years and never been known to flop. Some have even commented how he never flopped in the Dallas series. I actually agreed with you about the two major instances where it looked pretty shady.

I know it's a message board, and things in writing don't come across easily, but I would hope ya'll were able to understand what I was saying. But some of you, I'm sure you never will.

Hi Jon.

stretch
05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
The thing about Paul-

You hate the shit out of him when he's killing your team (ala the Mavs series), but when you watch him and don't care about who wins or loses you appreciate just how amazing he is.

lol couldn't agree more.

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 12:17 PM
How does Paul get no attention from the media with all of his stupid antics on the court? When Kobe was younger he acted Cocky as hell and he was constantly blasted and hated for acting that way but Paul on the other hand gets a free pass...

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe you should have found better competition when you played because being good and being an ass don't go hand in hand..Over my 39 yrs I have played teams sports for 33 yrs of my life and I cam across my share of asses but I respected a guy more if he kicked my, or my team's, ass and just went about his business... Just because your a good player doesn't mean that you can act like a jack ass

Playing angry is not being an ass. Chris Paul is a fiery player. He's not an ass. Now he doesn't like Bruce Bowen. I'll give you that. But Tony Parker guarded him all night, give me one time CP3 did or said anything to Tony Parker, or Tim Duncan for that matter. They are friends, they battled, but where is CP3 an ass?

He gets excited, he gets angry, he wants to win. He's not going to pat Tony Parker on the ass and tell him good job during the game. While that game is going on, he's still trying to beat whoever is in front of him.

Again, my point is, if you have played organized sports, you know how heated things can get. You know the difference between a guy who is an animal on the court/field, and a real asshole. CP3 would not be so universally loved if he was half the ass ya'll all pretend he is.

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi Jon.

Hey Stretch :toast

cjjr72984
05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
The thing about Paul-

THANK YOU!!!!! I'm sure I wouldn't like him much either if he was torching my team. I know I definately wouldn't be bitching like some of the spurs fans on here. There is no bitchassness allowed where I come from.

theMUHMEshow
05-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I really do enjoy the Spurs, I have no hate for them whatsoever... but this is damn funny to read all you guys talking about CP3 flopping... LMFAO, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS DO!!!

boutons_
05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
"Paul on the other hand gets a free pass..."

Do you think standards, thresholds of on-court behavior are up/same/down since Kobe debuted?

johngateswhiteley
05-09-2008, 12:32 PM

does your punk ass ever shut the fuck up?

GrandeDavid
05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Anyone who spent one year at Wake and got punked in the first round of the NCAAs and is a notoriously bad acting flopper should tone the antics down.

austinlakepirate
05-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Why would a Lakers fan lurk around on the Spurs messageboard? People from L.A. sure to like to talk a lot of shit. :blah

Worst post of the year....

Flooper and best player don't go hand in hand my friend.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:41 PM

We win Sunday, it's a near lock. He looked like he wanted to cry after the game ended last night. I really think if this thing goes back to NO tied up at 2 that all it's going to take is a slight bump by one of the Spurs to set either West or Paul off and see them do something stupid.

They are both walking a fine line emotionally right now, it's not going to take much if they find themselves in a dog fight to fall off the edge.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 12:42 PM
just SOME. obviously you can't catch 'em all.

- Mars

Than that's fine, see my first response to you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:44 PM

I played sports all the way through my sophomore year of college. What does that have to do with anything? Paul is a whiny bitch.

Big fucking deal that he does shit in the community, that's nice, but it has nothing to do with his pathetic dead ball flopping in games.

When you seek out a guy from the other team (Bowen), initiate contact with him during a dead ball, then fall down like someone pumped you with a 12 gauge, that's some pathetic bullshit and needs to be called out.

fightingtiger2335
05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
If Chris Paul was on the Spurs you guys would be so far up his asshole it wouldn't be funny...everything you hate about him now you would absolutely love. You would love the way he plays the game with a passion and it rubs off on his teammates.
You guys are pissed that he's torching you bottom line. My least fav. players in the league are Bowen and Manu..why? Ones a bitch and other a soccer flopper. But if you put them in Teal and Gold I would love the passion they bring. Atleast I can admit I only hate them because they are on the Spurs and they play well against the Hornets.

hater
05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't hate Paul but it is hilarious the way he flops and that he flops on dead balls. Also it's amusing that he is trying to talk shit to the 4 time champions. Bad idea CP3, bad idea.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
"Paul on the other hand gets a free pass..."

Do you think standards, thresholds of on-court behavior are up/same/down since Kobe debuted?

Paul gets a free pass because he plays for NO and because of Katrina. It's the same kid gloves treatment that the Saints got, particularly Reggie Bush when all the payment shit came out about him at USC.

They're a feel good story in a city in need of revival that has turned to sports as an outlet for the struggles of rebuilding, so they get a free pass from the media.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
If Chris Paul was on the Spurs you guys would be so far up his asshole it wouldn't be funny...everything you hate about him now you would absolutely love. You would love the way he plays the game with a passion and it rubs off on his teammates.
You guys are pissed that he's torching you bottom line. My least fav. players in the league are Bowen and Manu..why? Ones a bitch and other a soccer flopper. But if you put them in Teal and Gold I would love the passion they bring. Atleast I can admit I only hate them because they are on the Spurs and they play well against the Hornets.

Dude, look around. It pisses people off here when Duncan whines to the officials. Quit being such a homer.

I like his game, I even enjoy watching him play when it's not the Spurs. People are pissed because of his bullshit theatrics. There's a difference between selling a foul and seeking out and creating a flop opportunity like he did on more than one occasion last night.

Or trying to initiate a dead ball confrontation with the other team's best perimeter defender in hopes of drawing a technical or suspension.

That's what pisses us off. I could give a shit if he goes for 40 as long as we win the game. He can have his Sportscenter highlights, I want to win another championship.

So no, people aren't pissed at him because he's lighting up the Spurs. They're pissed because he's being a punk ass bitch on the Eduardo Najera scale of flopping and being a punk ass bitch, when he shouldn't have to resort to that shit with the way he's playing.

SenorSpur
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
CP3 is gonna get his. I'll just be happy if the Spurs can do a admirable job in controlling the production of everyone else on the Hornets squad

fightingtiger2335
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Dude, look around. It pisses people off here when Duncan whines to the officials. Quit being such a homer.

I like his game, I even enjoy watching him play when it's not the Spurs. People are pissed because of his bullshit theatrics. There's a difference between selling a foul and seeking out and creating a flop opportunity like he did on more than one occasion last night.

Or trying to initiate a dead ball confrontation with the other team's best perimeter defender in hopes of drawing a technical or suspension.

That's what pisses us off. I could give a shit if he goes for 40 as long as we win the game. He can have his Sportscenter highlights, I want to win another championship.

So no, people aren't pissed at him because he's lighting up the Spurs. They're pissed because he's being a punk ass bitch on the Eduardo Najera scale of flopping and being a punk ass bitch, when he shouldn't have to resort to that shit with the way he's playing.

you're letting your blind hatred for a guy shield you from the obvious. It's ok....I'll be here to remind you that your players do the same.

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
you're letting your blind hatred for a guy shield you from the obvious. It's ok....I'll be here to remind you that your players do the same.

WTF, didn't i ban you

michaelwcho
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
LOL

I honestly think that is why he gets so defensive over any foul or physical play.

It seems like it. Little guys have to have that extra edge to make it in a sport with an elevated goal. When I used to play, I would sometimes run hard into people trying to run picks on me, or if people tried to post me up because I was short, I would fight them for every inch of positioning, using my leverage to keep them from bullying me. I was a little bastard! I imagine I can see some that extra bit of combativeness in Chris Paul.

That being said, the flopping is bullshit and I don't like his attitude. Same reason I can't stand Kobe.

admiralfats
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I think it's more about image than anything. The hornets don't yet have the flopper/physical image that the spurs do. Add paul's tremendous performance this playoffs and you the announcers are in a spot where they don't want to question things he does. That's really not so heinous a crime. I think he's just trying to draw cheap fouls and get people randomly tech'ed for things that didn't happen. It's annoying but he's just trying to exploit our image. it's not working, and it's good for laughs. I like paul a lot, and the two really ridiculous flops from this series have made me question his judgment, but he's still awesome.

RonMexico
05-09-2008, 01:07 PM

Oh... so he's Tony Parker

Soul_Patch
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM

exactly...What makes me appreciate the Spurs so much throughout the years is we RARELY have anyone on our team with this type of bullshit attitude. If we ever acquire one, they usually dont last long.

Strike
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM

+1

WildcardManu
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
If Chris Paul was on the Spurs you guys would be so far up his asshole it wouldn't be funny...

But the reality is we got Tony Parker, so we're so far up his ass it's not even funny.

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 01:34 PM
exactly...What makes me appreciate the Spurs so much throughout the years is we RARELY have anyone on our team with this type of bullshit attitude. If we ever acquire one, they usually dont last long.

Holy crap, seriously???

vanvannen
05-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Look at Strike's signature. What the fuck is up with that horrendous flop?
Dude spins like a freaking carrousel.

Death In June
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow...good article...stuff like that makes it real hard to hate CP...sure, I want his team to lose to the Spurs, but I can't hate on him personally...Why do you people eat this PR bullshit up? How much effort does it take to write someone's name on your shoe. Yeah, what a tremendous person. Who wouldnt grant a dead cancer patient his dying wish? You'd have to be a total piece of shit. NBA players have to do this kind of thing all the time, to force feed you a positive image of the league.

hater
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
not to mention it helps sells shoes and jerseys

diego
05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
i dont like it, but its smart of paul to take advantage of bowen, oberto and manu's rep with some of their own medicine. so that doesnt bother me.

the one that bothers me A LOT, is the dead ball flop on bruce bowen. the play is dead, neither one has the ball, and paul walked over to him, fabricated the contact, then threw himself down. that is worse than any flop manu has ever made, and made me lose a lot of respect for an otherwise great player- that was worse than baron davis flopping on okur in a dead ball. of course, none of the mainstream media called him out for that bullshit.

stretch
05-09-2008, 02:04 PM
i dont like it, but its smart of paul to take advantage of bowen, oberto and manu's rep with some of their own medicine. so that doesnt bother me.

the one that bothers me A LOT, is the dead ball flop on bruce bowen. the play is dead, neither one has the ball, and paul walked over to him, fabricated the contact, then threw himself down. that is worse than any flop manu has ever made, and made me lose a lot of respect for an otherwise great player- that was worse than baron davis flopping on okur in a dead ball. of course, none of the mainstream media called him out for that bullshit.

that was on par with the AK-47 flop last year. that was bizzare...

Manufan909
05-09-2008, 03:02 PM

No shit, sherlock. In the second half I yelled at Timmy to stfu when he kept whining to an official, so the rage you speak of isn't blind at all. And the 720degree flop will go down as one of the top 5 postseason flops of all time. I'll be here to remind you that your point is fucking moot.

P.S. And the Oberto flops pissed me off too, sadly it's inconcievabl for refs to always make the right call, they don't see the whole court all the time like we do, so it's easy to say they suck, but that job is freaking hard.
:wakeup

cp3 4 mvp
05-09-2008, 03:43 PM
if you want him to shut up then the spurs should try stopping him for once.

vanvannen
05-09-2008, 04:03 PM

No one is saying he isn't a great player. His floping though is UNREAL. Look at the vid for crist sake.:ihit

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 06:19 PM

Dude, try reading sometime. The very first thing I said is it pisses most of us off around here when Duncan whines.

Are you going for the troll, or are you naturally this stupid?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 06:21 PM

It's not about stopping the guy, it's about him going menstrual cycle during dead ball situations.

Damn you Hornets people are stupid.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
The thing about Paul-

Except I don't hate him. Annoyed with one aspect of his insane playing != hate.

Oops. Your theory fails.

I really do enjoy the Spurs, I have no hate for them whatsoever... but this is damn funny to read all you guys talking about CP3 flopping... LMFAO, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS DO!!!

And the Spurs are among the most reviled teams in the league. Ginobili doesn't even really flop anymore. Yet it's an atrocious act when a Spurs player does it (just like it's a mortal sin when we hack-a-Shaq), yet when another player does it, people look the other way and just shrug, "That's basketball."

It's a fucking double-standard from people jealous of 4 rings.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 08:00 PM

Ric's facial expression and body language said it all. I hope somebody puts it on youtube, but i doubt it.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM
our players don't trash talk. PERIOD.

get it through your damn thick Hornet skulls. this is what we don't like about CP3. the flopping is bad, but the trash talking to the champions is immature.

- Mars

ballhog
05-10-2008, 12:10 PM
you have to respect his game, he hit some incredible shots. He finished the game with 60% FG

He's an incredible player but I sure could do without the attitude. I'm sure it's for show but it's getting old fast.

oboymeetsogirl
05-10-2008, 01:55 PM
CP3 is as cocky as they come. But then again, many of the game's great players (Jordan, Bird, Reggie, et al.) needed to be that way to get their game going.

But as far as I'm concerned, we should let Paul be Paul, because this could also lead to his team's downfall. We all know what the Spurs do to teams that become one-man teams. Heck, look what happened to the Lakers yesterday when Kobe tried to single handedly drive his team back into it. It seemed so strange, because the Lakers had been playing so well when Kobe was playing within the flow of games with the rest of his team.

So I say, let Paul talk, and let him feel the need to prove himself every time down the floor. This plays right into the hands of the Spurs (hands down, the most cerebral of NBA teams).

MiamiHeat
05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Wow

I am going through deja vu. This is exactly how Michael Jordan used to behave at a young age against Dr J and other vets like Bird and Magic, etc.... fans hated MJ for being so cocky, but MJ could back it up.

Eventually, all fans couldn't deny MJ's greatness anymore. Just for the record, CP3 is not for show. I picked him for Rookie of the year before he came in the league so I am not one of those who missed the boat on him. He had this fire and angry attitude, that passion, since he was young. He's the real deal.

oboymeetsogirl
05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
The way I look at it: if the Hornets get to the finals, CP3 will have outdone MJ, who didn't come close during his first five years. And if they win the O'Brien, then Paul can stand on the ropes, pound his chest and mouth off all he wants. He will have deserved it.

But if the Hornets get bounced by the Spurs, or either the Lakers or Jazz, then I'm sure CP3 will be smart enough to apply a more even handed approach the next time around. Less talk, more doing.

Players like Jordan could talk all they want after winning several rings because they've already proven their superiority, and the idea was to keep that psychological edge. As far as I'm concerned, there is no psychological edge if you never get your team past a conference finals.

The Spurs, of course, could also mouth off all they want, but that's just not their style. They're the type of team that has to feel under-respected and, more importantly, under-estimated to really get it going. They eat overconfident opponents for breakfast, the next year for lunch, and the following years for dinner. I almost think they love it when sportswriters call them "too old," because that's where they get their mojo. And in the midst of playoff games when every possession counts, they count on other teams' mental lapses to pull away every time.

jag
05-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh... so he's Tony Parker

really?

ClingingMars
05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
cp3 isn't even in Jordan's league yet. keyword yet. now if he doesn't have ANY dropoff throughout his career...we might be having a different conversation later on down the road.

- Mars

WildcardManu
05-10-2008, 06:19 PM
This thread still going on?

SequSpur
05-11-2008, 12:13 AM
This thread still going on?

yep.

Tyler_Durden
05-16-2008, 12:12 AM
In the postgame he just had to bring up the fact that people were chanting "Horry" after D West got hurt.

granted it was embarassing and i wish the fans hadnt done it, but he didn't need to bring it up. He's an arrogant little punk bitch.

spurs=dynasty
05-16-2008, 12:17 AM
who saw the spurs pre game?

did yall see when they went to pauls house?

he was sitting on his couch watching an old mj game and said

"you know its amazing... i used to dream of being jordan and now im oretty much doing what he's doing"

so stuck up.... nobody is near michael... not even kobe... cant wait till spurs kick their ass monday

Tyler_Durden
05-16-2008, 12:19 AM
I missed that. sounds like another chapter in the Chris Paul book of arrogant punkassness.

Septic
05-16-2008, 12:21 AM
In the postgame he just had to bring up the fact that people were chanting "Horry" after D West got hurt.

granted it was embarassing and i wish the fans hadnt done it, but he didn't need to bring it up. He's an arrogant little punk bitch.What did he say about the Horry foul, I only caught a part of the post game?