PDA

View Full Version : How we won game 3

lefty
05-09-2008, 12:13 AM
- Great, patient ball movement (much better than in the 1st 2 games); we scored 110 points tonight, and we had 83 after 3; games 1&2 are forgotten.
That good ball movement led to high percentage open shots.

- Starting Manu (and Finley rocked as a sub !)....Ginobulus !

- TP and Manu were more agressive, attacking the rim more. I liked how Manu took open jumpers only, instead of settling for those fucking stepback 3's.
And TP has balls, taking the hits.Great competitor.

- And, of course, the great D; Pop finally decided to put BB on Peja, and Manu on MoPete.
And overrated David West has been exposed during the last 2 games.

lefty
05-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh, and also, it doesn't matter if Paul scores 85 pts.

As long as we keep the other scrubs in check

Phil Hellmuth
05-09-2008, 12:15 AM
agree with most, but

david west's midrange game is not overrated.

lefty
05-09-2008, 12:16 AM
He does have a good jump shot.

But other than that, I'm not impressed

bonzi_isaspurskiller
05-09-2008, 12:18 AM
biggest factor was taking predrag out of the game.

spursfan09
05-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I liked the whole "we are going to let Paul and West beat us" mentality. I also think that Tim needs to remain aggressive. He is getting doubled because he is the best player on the floor. He is the difference maker. As long as he makes right choices and remains aggressive things open up for Parker and Gino

T Park
agree with most, but

david west's midrange game is not overrated.

It is, when hes just wanting to be Karl Malone and shoot those 20 footers, you give him that.

What killed them down the stretch was his overreliance on those jumpers.

The defense was perfect all game long. The worst time was at hte end of the second when they let Peja get away from them, and Pop insterted that stupid ass lineup.

DazedAndConfused
You guys are over analyzing this way too much.

The adjustments Pop made were irrelevant IMHO. It's all about energy, heart, and focus. The Spurs wanted to win this game more than the Hornets and they were able to stay focused for the full 48 minutes. Notice how the teams were pretty much even until the last 10 minutes or so, the Spurs kept fighting and finally broke the Hornets. I'm honestly shocked it took this long for the Spurs to fight back like this.

Phil Hellmuth
05-09-2008, 12:25 AM

The adjustments Pop made were irrelevant IMHO. It's all about energy, heart, and focus. The Spurs wanted to win this game more than the Hornets and they were able to stay focused for the full 48 minutes. Notice how the teams were pretty much even until the last 10 minutes or so, the Spurs kept fighting and finally broke the Hornets. I'm honestly shocked it took this long for the Spurs to fight back like this.

according to D&C

broad explanations > detailed explanations

:lol

DazedAndConfused
05-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Well I just think you guys are placing too much important on Peja. Yes he went off in Games 1/2, but even if he had a normal game the Hornets would have still won Games 1/2 by double digits.

The key tonight was staying mentally focused for 48 minutes. Props to the Spurs for willing their way to a victory tonight, they were not leaving the floor with a loss.

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Well I just think you guys are placing too much important on Peja. Yes he went off in Games 1/2, but even if he had a normal game the Hornets would have still won Games 1/2 by double digits.

The key tonight was staying mentally focused for 48 minutes. Props to the Spurs for willing their way to a victory tonight, they were not leaving the floor with a loss.

d&c, im curious; what do you have to say about the lakers shooting 89 free-throws, while the jazz only shot 46 in the first two games?

maddnezz
05-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Who guarded who longer in the game tonight Tony or Chris? Min. wise i mean?

T Park
05-09-2008, 12:46 AM

Yeah holding Peja to 8 points and Mo Pete to 3 had no bearing.

Keep it coming Jack Haley.

Budkin
05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I gotta say that until the very end there it just didn't seem like they could miss. I don't know if I've seen a team shoot as hot as they have been over the course of this series.

DazedAndConfused
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I gotta say that until the very end there it just didn't seem like they could miss. I don't know if I've seen a team shoot as hot as they have been over the course of this series.

Exactly. The Hornets are still getting the shots they want, and that has got to worry you. They lost this game tonight on the defensive end, not because Peja and Mo Pete had bad games. Peja and Mo Pete will never be the reason why the Hornets win or lose games.

You all bring up Peja's monster Game 1/2 stats, but the Hornets still would have won comfortably if he hadn't gone off. That to me tells me that they are capable of making up for Peja having an off shooting night. They are not capable of beating the Spurs if the big 3 score 80 pts though, that's why the Spurs won.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I agree with your third post the most: they didn't give up on attacking the rim. That's where playoff basketball is won.

DazedAndConfused
05-09-2008, 12:57 AM
I agree with your third post the most: they didn't give up on attacking the rim. That's where playoff basketball is won.

Bingo. When the Big 3 show up nobody can beat the Spurs. Before this series started I said Manu was the x-factor for San Antonio, he showed why tonight. The Hornets have nobody that can guard him.