PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul's Defense

maddnezz
05-09-2008, 12:45 AM
ANy coments about his skills? Stats show a lot of steals. Any thoughts about his one on one D?

timvp
05-09-2008, 12:48 AM
He's pretty small and he's not lightning quick, so he's at a pretty big disadvantage defensively. That said, you have to protect the ball when you are around him because he has the strongest and fastest hands in the league.

maddnezz
05-09-2008, 01:05 AM
He is a hack job and get's beat alot by as quick gaurds.

GinobiliLooms
05-09-2008, 01:05 AM
He sucks.

JamStone
05-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Average to below average because of his short height and seemingly average and maybe even short arm length. He is pretty strong for his size so he can hold his own better than you might think when guards try to post him. But for as shifty and quick as he is on offense, he's not very good at containing faster guards that put the ball on the floor. He does play aggressive and does attack on defense. In that regard, he does make up for some of his defensive limitations. But, overall he's not a very good defender. Maybe about average.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 01:10 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_01/matadorG_800x614.jpg

Tyson, help!

maddnezz
05-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Not that I'm hating on dude cause he is good but the suck job every one gives this kid is of the meter. When your head coach let's you free roam the way Paul does it tends to make you look super great. Jamier Nelson was doing the same thing in Orlando
he just dosn't probe as much as Paul. And I think coach Van Gundy got tired of it. Veteran teams learn how to shut down that alley oop shit real quick. The hard part is to not play help d! Tony has got to make Paul spend his energy on d! I don't care how young his legs are, unless your a freak like Bruce with the conditioning your gonna wear down! Next!

Brutalis
05-09-2008, 01:15 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_01/matadorG_800x614.jpg

Man that's cruel. If they did that to horses everyone would freak out.

:lmao

DAF86
05-09-2008, 01:16 AM
ANy coments about his skills? Stats show a lot of steals. Any thoughts about his one on one D?

How did you change the thread's title?

maddnezz
05-09-2008, 01:29 AM
How did you change the thread's title?
If you fixed it for me, thanks! My first one!

DAF86
05-09-2008, 01:32 AM
If you fixed it for me, thanks! My first one!

What? no I didn't fix anything, I just wanted to know how can I do to edit thread's titles. But if you didn't fixed it, I guess Kori or timvp did it.

maddnezz
05-09-2008, 01:36 AM
I clicked the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the quick reply box. Hope that helps!

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 02:38 AM
I think he's great on both ends. He's very quick, and he played great defense on Manu in the post where he had a huge height disadvantage. I have a hard time saying anything bad about his actual play on the court. His constant falling and the scowl on his face that anyone dares compete with him is annoying, but he seems to have his game together.

I'm beginning to suspect that great point guards are making Byron Scott look like a better coach than he actually is. Time will tell. I think the Hornets have shown all their cards at this point.

SenorSpur
05-09-2008, 02:44 AM
He's a lot like Iverson, in that he plays passing lanes so very well. He'll often rotate away from his man on the weak side and swipe the ball away from an opponent. Like Iverson, he's not a good individual, one-on-one defender.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 02:51 AM
He's a lot like Iverson, in that he plays passing lanes so very well. He'll often rotate away from his man on the weak side and swipe the ball away from an opponent. Like Iverson, he's not a good individual, one-on-one defender.

He kept Parker in front of him as well as anyone, and like I mentioned earlier, he was great in the post. He doesn't leave people nearly as much as Iverson does IMO, yet he still gets steals. I'll pay a little more attention when I re-watch the game later though to see if I notice anything specific.

hater
05-09-2008, 10:10 AM
they don't play defense in the playgrounds

cjjr72984
05-09-2008, 10:11 AM
He's very good on defense.

xtremesteven33
05-09-2008, 10:12 AM

:toast

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:14 AM

DarrinS
05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
He's just a crafty mofo.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Having gone back and watched the game again, Parker can get the same shots he got any time he wants against Paul. That's not a condemnation of his defense by any means, but he cheats through screens and Parker can lose him pretty easily, and it helps to wear him out over the game. The only adjustment the Spurs need to think about is sending someone to the front of the rim when a shot blocker follows Parker.