PDA

View Full Version : Hornets need to be worried

NOhornets
05-09-2008, 02:54 AM
I have tried to post unbiased posts before. I will try it again.

The Spurs are the best team in the NBA. Period.

We're more athletic. more talented. Or so I think.

But you are a better team. And credit to you for exploiting us tonight. Congrats. I think you all played a hell of a game. Does anyone else think this series is purely on the coaches? Game 4 will be a battle but its on the coaches to decide who wins, in my opinion.

Best of luck to you. Personally, I think this series is going to be magnificent. The Spurs are the best challenge for us. See everyone on Sunday,

timvp
05-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Pop already pulled almost everything out of his bag of tricks. For the Spurs it's pretty much now what you see is what you get. The only major adjustment that could be made is if Scott decides to call of the double and triple teams heading to Duncan. Otherwise, the coaches won't make too big of an impact from here on out.

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 02:56 AM
I have tried to post unbiased posts before. I will try it again.

The Spurs are the best team in the NBA. Period.

We're more athletic. more talented. Or so I think.

But you are a better team. And credit to you for exploiting us tonight. Congrats. I think you all played a hell of a game. Does anyone else think this series is purely on the coaches? Game 4 will be a battle but its on the coaches to decide who wins, in my opinion.

Best of luck to you. Personally, I think this series is going to be magnificent. The Spurs are the best challenge for us. See everyone on Sunday,

They are Ok! even if the spursies win their Home games they won't win shit in New Orleans.

Good for the Hornets for having the Home court advantage.

I said it at the beginning of the playoffs Home Court will be huge this year!

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 02:57 AM
yes. i do agree.
they're more talented, but talent alone doesn't win championships.

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 02:58 AM
They are Ok! even if the spursies win their Home games they won't win shit in New Orleans.

you also said the suns would sweep.
look how right you turned out to be.

:lmao - i love it.

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 02:59 AM

Whatever makes you happy But the Hornets are penciled to win this series by most people

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 03:00 AM

You won because HCA enough said.

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Whatever makes you happy But the Hornets are penciled to win this series by most people

all but one or two of ESPN's analysts penciled in the suns to win, too.

:lmao - this never gets old.

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Really?

Sports nation thinks diffrently:

10) Which team will win this series?

39.5% Hornets, 4-3

18.9% Spurs, 4-2

18.2% Hornets, 4-2

9.0% Spurs, 4-3

7.7% Hornets, 4-1

4.1% Spurs, 4-1

2.1% Hornets, 4-0

0.6% Spurs, 4-0

Total Votes: 25,142

freemeat
05-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Really?

Sports nation thinks diffrently:

10) Which team will win this series?

39.5% Hornets, 4-3

18.9% Spurs, 4-2

18.2% Hornets, 4-2

9.0% Spurs, 4-3

7.7% Hornets, 4-1

4.1% Spurs, 4-1

2.1% Hornets, 4-0

0.6% Spurs, 4-0

Total Votes: 25,142

Right....that's 67.5% in favor of the Hornets. :downspin:

Where do you find the energy to come on this site? Or are you a computer?

pawe
05-09-2008, 03:29 AM
Don't talk to that piece of shit princess pimp/louis. That's a troll and should be ignored like the rest of the posters here.

smeagol
05-09-2008, 05:36 AM

Nobody cares what you say or do not say.

You're pathetic.

O-Factor
05-09-2008, 05:49 AM
yes. i do agree.
they're more talented, but talent alone doesn't win championships.

Well, Spurs do have 3 of the top 4 talented players in this series.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Well, Spurs do have 3 of the top 4 talented players in this series.

Yeah, the Spurs ain't hurting for talent. It's a fucking cop-out. They've got guys who can't even crack the rotation that would probably start for three quarters of the other teams in the league.

m33p0
05-09-2008, 07:21 AM

you're still here? then allow the good people of spurstalk to show you the door. :nutkick:

sa_butta
05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.newfoundlandphotography.com/marklane/images/pencil%20eraser.jpg

Indazone
05-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Congrats to the Spurs and no I do not think that Pop has pulled every trick out of the bag yet. He has yet to unleash Barry or Big Shot Bob. ;)

urunobili
05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
ass kissing post from the thread starter... and seeing Princess Pimp posting is only a sign of better things to come...

DarrinS
05-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Why it took Pop two blowouts before putting Bowen on Peja, I'll never figure out.

florige
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Why it took Pop two blowouts before putting Bowen on Peja, I'll never figure out.

Like other people have said I think that Pop is stubborn. I thinks he hates the fact that he has to concede to Chris Paul running a muck on us. I would have maybe tried Bowen again on him at the start of game 2. But soon as Peja started heating up the least bit I would have changed the matchups quick. Also it's probably hard for Pop to swallow that Bowen can't actually contain Paul either.

MoSpur
05-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I think this series goes seven unless by some miracle the Spurs pull off four in a row.

TampaDude
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
I think this series goes seven unless by some miracle the Spurs pull off four in a row.

Yeah...if the Spurs win on Sunday, this series is going the distance...

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM

well you got owned there so shut up

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I posted this in another thread, but it's applicable here too:

Bowen is giving Peja FITS. Peja = Marion from 2005 for the rest of the series, HOPEFULLY.

The killer right now besides Paul is the damn mid-range of West. Get a hand in his face, and the wheels on the Hornet offense starts grinding a bit.

And if you'll notice, Spurs players are starting to wise up to the lobs that Paul throws. We picked a couple of those off in the 3rd and 4th and they were easy buckets on the other end for us.

Really, I think the X-factor for this series is the play of Chandler. Paul is unstoppable, and ANY team that doubles the Spurs will get their ass kicked eventually. Doubling is just admitting that your defense is inadequate. If Chandler plays well, the defense might be good enough to slow the Spurs down by just playing good hard man-to-man D. Continue to double Timmy, and the series is over. It's hard enough to guard the Spurs straight up, but when you double it's essentially 4 on 5, and you're going to give up penetration to either Manu or Tony, or a 3 by the man left open beyond the arc.

But the Hornets are SO active on defense, I have to admire a lot of them (not all, that Bonzi undercut on Parker was dirty and as dangerous as it gets in basketball) because they clearly aren't lazy.

This team actually feels a lot like the Suns from last year, except with slightly less firepower, but a superior PG, much better chemistry, and a team commitment to, if not be excellent on defense, then just at least TRY very hard to swarm the ball and play like they want to win.

This Hornets team is better than any Suns team we have ever faced, for the simple fact that they move their feet on D instead of standing around hoping to outscore the Spurs.

Strike
05-09-2008, 12:00 PM
You won because HCA enough said.

Really? Did the Spurs/Suns series go 7 games, with each team only winning on their home floor?

Once again, you've proved that you're a fucking :idiot and you've allowed yourself to be :owned yet again.

Do society a favor. Get yourself fixed so you can not contaminate the rest of the world with your retarded spawn.

hater
05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Pop has yet to unleash the Red Rocket, Matt Bonner.

Be very afraid Hornets, if Pop decides to use him. CP3 will end up impaled in the 3rd row.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
The killer right now besides Paul is the damn mid-range of West. Get a hand in his face, and the wheels on the Hornet offense starts grinding a bit.

They tried everythign on this guy and he still made those extremely tough shots. The ones he missed were almost all uncontested shots. Sometimes good players like West get used to have hands all over their faces so they practice hitting those shots anyway. When you give an open 15 foot jumper to them, they miss them 50% of the time. What you can't allow him to do is post up at the rim. He'll kill you there.

roturn
05-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I will say this, the Spurs did the things they needed to do to win last night. The keys to the Spurs winning were:

Getting into the lane and scoring more points in the paint.
Shooting better from outside.
Rebounding better.

The Spurs did all of these things much better than they had the last two games.

What did suprise me:

The defensive matchups. It appears Pop is going to allow CP3 to get his points. Bowen was a mad man on Peja and the outher outside shooters for the Hornets. This was a big key.

The poorus defense by the Hornets in the paint. This was not entirely the Hornets doing, the Spurs attcked the rim much better and were able to shoot from the outside, which lossened the lane up.

Now we will see what happens in Game 4. The Spurs have made signifgant adjustments in Game 3. What will the Hornets do to respond. The question also comes up, how much more can the Spurs change, providing the Hornets match their adjustments.

I think the Hornets will need to do a better job of switching and helping on defense. Does this mean leaving Duncan one on one a little bit more?

On the offensive end for the Hornets, I think they will need to run some screens and mis-direction plays to free Peja up and Mo-Pete. They will need to shoot better from the outside. Does CP3 continue to score like he did in Game 3, or deos he try to get his team more involved? Look for more assists from him on Sunday.

Now the chess match begins...

ehz33satx
05-09-2008, 12:40 PM

The Suns were penciled in to win the the last series also. Now where are they at? Same place they have been sent to the past several seasons, gone fishing!

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Now the chess match begins...

Honestly, it comes down to Duncan because he's such a mismatch for everyone in the league (at least everyone who can shoot free throws above 50% :lol) If the Hornets can contain him without doubling, things get tough on the Spurs.

If Duncan dominates or can pass out of the double, Spurs players can get in the lane and cause a lot of problems.

The Hornets are young and confident, but if they lose Game 4, that could crack a bit.

nfg3
05-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't believe that the Hornets can win this series with only two major scorers - Paul and West. If Peja can't contribute like in games 1 & 2 due to Bowen's D then where is the scoring going to come from? What Hornet role player(s) is going to take up the slack? From an average of23.5 ppg in the first two games to 8 ppg in game 3 doesn't bode well for Peja and the Hornets.

The Spurs have 3 with the role players contributing. In game 3 the role players stuck their shots which they didn't do in the previous ones. When all three contribute - ie... 20+ ppg and the role players are on - then that places tremendous pressure on the Hornets to keep pace. This type of pressure will take it's toll over time. Young teams have to go through the fire in order to understand what it takes to survive in the playoffs. I think Paul and West will do fine but IMO the Hornets role players will be looking to get out of the kitchen.

:flag: