PDA

View Full Version : duncan a native when he retires?

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:12 AM
anybody think he will be like david and sean and live around the sa area?

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 03:16 AM
that would be cool if he did.
i mean, he would have already been living her the past 15 odd years, why move?

timvp
05-09-2008, 03:21 AM
No he'll disappear never to be seen again.

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:22 AM
i mean i have never seen tim in the open public before and i am still waiting for that day to just congratulate him for what he has done for our city.....stay tim stay

Slomo
05-09-2008, 04:04 AM

Actually I could see him retiring back to the islands, he seems genuinely fond of the places he grew up in.

His children education/opportunities will play a role where he decides to live after basketball.

raspsa
05-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I predict he'll run and be elected governor of the USVI. The idea of TD in politics may be strange but I really think he'll be a great asset for the islanders.

FilSpursFan
05-09-2008, 06:58 AM
I predict he will make an Olympic-sized swimming pool somewhere in USVI and teach kids how to swim.

Summers
05-09-2008, 08:14 AM

In all seriousness, I think this is close to what he'll do. He'll retire to his mansion on St Croix and raise his kids and get really dark and grow his hair out in dreads.... :lol

urunobili
05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
not in SA but he'll often go there....

Lebowski Brickowski
05-09-2008, 08:34 AM
He's going to the beach.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
He'll buy a private island in the Carribean and turn it into a tropical paintball resort.

Indazone
05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm betting Timmy goes home to his roots. Ya man!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/playoffs/western/news/1999/06/04/duncan_stcroix/t1_tricia.jpg

Summers
05-09-2008, 08:40 AM
He'll buy a private island in the Carribean and turn it into a tropical paintball resort.

Oh, shit... :lol He probably will.

Ocotillo
05-09-2008, 08:50 AM
One thing is for sure, he isn't moving to Orlando......

Seriously though, Amy gets a vote on where they retire I would think.

MoSpur
05-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't see Tim staying in SA after he retires. He's very private and I think he'll go back to some place in the Virgin Islands. Who knows? He has children and maybe he may want them to grow up here. Maybe he thinks they may have a better upbringing on the islands.

The Truth #6
05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
He'll become CEO of Gary Gygax Industries and return D&D to its fundamentals.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-09-2008, 10:09 AM

With a dungeons and dragons summer camp for mages and half-elves.

slayermin
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
If I owned a mountain, I would stay in San Antonio.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
i think he'll go back to the island, but will probably still visit SA and come to games.

- Mars

admiralfats
05-09-2008, 12:44 PM
i hope he coaches the spurs.

and becomes my best friend.

BonnerDynasty
05-09-2008, 12:47 PM

haha

kbyanks21
05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
they might go back to north carolina, where he went to school and where amy's family is.

hater
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
he will play into his late 30s then the alien spaceship will take him back

Budkin
05-09-2008, 01:15 PM
^ Hilarious sig hater! :lmao

Budkin
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM

I think it would be fun as hell to hang out with Timmy D. Especially since he's a hard core videogamer like myself.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-09-2008, 01:18 PM

:lmao

/thread

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I think he will go back to the Virgin Islands, my sister went there two years ago and she was raving about how beautiful the environment is and how humble the people in the islands are.

lefty
05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Duncan will give concerts every night in Vegas

Deb
05-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I think he will go back to the Virgin Islands, my sister went there two years ago and she was raving about how beautiful the environment is and how humble the people in the islands are.

Just there in November, and I honestly can't see why he wouldn't go back there. Beautiful beaches, nice people, and probably a much better environment to raise his kids in.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Who really knows with this guy? Tim is an unbelievable character. You know, just know he's a wonderful, honest man, a great husband, father and professional. But he's just so guarded you don't know what he'll do. I could see him leaving, I could slightly see him staying.

MONTENEGRINO
05-09-2008, 08:47 PM
When Timmy is going to retire?

lefty
05-09-2008, 09:20 PM
When Timmy is going to retire?

After game 4, because of a career-ending ankle injury

Man of Steel
05-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Tim Duncan's future home...

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/kevintking/WashingtonDCMon011.jpg

Brutalis
05-09-2008, 09:39 PM
One thing is for sure, he isn't moving to Orlando......

Seriously though, Amy gets a vote on where they retire I would think.

Hahaha more like Amy gets to pick I bet.

duncan228
05-09-2008, 09:53 PM
After game 4, because of a career-ending ankle injury

Please don't. Just don't even joke about it. Please. :)

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2008, 09:53 PM
he's gonna live and die on the islands

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2008, 09:54 PM
He'll be that old man on an island all alone you go to get training to upgrade your game.

01Snake
05-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Take it for what its worth but...

I was in St. Thomas in March and we were at a high-end jewelry store getting the wife a ring. Chatting with the sales guy, I mentioned we were from SA and he started talking about TD. The guy said he was attending a rival high school while Tim was in school and played against him a lot. He said Timmy was a beast then and dominated everyone he played. :D

Anyway, he said there is a rift between TD and the Islands. Once TD turned pro, he would do a lot for the Island as far as promo's and stuff and also donated quite a bit of time and money on projects in St. Croix. This guy said the Islanders were always asking Tim for more and more of his time and money and TD became really turned off with what they were expecting of him and distanced himself from the whole situation. The salesman essentially said the there is quite a bit of animosity between the parties and the locals are not too happy with TD.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just relaying what this guy told me.

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Just there in November, and I honestly can't see why he wouldn't go back there. Beautiful beaches, nice people, and probably a much better environment to raise his kids in.

Yeah from what I've heard its a great place

rasho8
05-09-2008, 10:21 PM
He'll become CEO of Gary Gygax Industries and return D&D to its fundamentals.

WOOT WOOT!!

That and finance all kinds of fantasy MMORPGs that he will be able to play.

GO TIMMY!!!

rasho8
05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Take it for what its worth but...

I was in St. Thomas in March and we were at a high-end jewelry store getting the wife a ring. Chatting with the sales guy, I mentioned we were from SA and he started talking about TD. The guy said he was attending a rival high school while Tim was in school and played against him a lot. He said Timmy was a beast then and dominated everyone he played. :D

Anyway, he said there is a rift between TD and the Islands. Once TD turned pro, he would do a lot for the Island as far as promo's and stuff and also donated quite a bit of time and money on projects in St. Croix. This guy said the Islanders were always asking Tim for more and more of his time and money and TD became really turned off with what they were expecting of him and distanced himself from the whole situation. The salesman essentially said the there is quite a bit of animosity between the parties and the locals are not too happy with TD.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just relaying what this guy told me.

One of my buddies grew up in the same neighborhood as Tim (and the same time) and says the same thing actually.

But he is of the opinion that Tim didn't do enough and hasn't spread his wealth like he should.

I disagree but he said the people on St Croix don't think he has done enough and continually ask him for more of everything. Time, money... mostly money.

Kind of sucks as he was their favorite Son and a lot of them turned against him in a way for NOT giving them everything he has made.

01Snake
05-09-2008, 10:34 PM
One of my buddies grew up in the same neighborhood as Tim (and the same time) and says the same thing actually.

But he is of the opinion that Tim didn't do enough and hasn't spread his wealth like he should.

I disagree but he said the people on St Croix don't think he has done enough and continually ask him for more of everything. Time, money... mostly money.

Kind of sucks as he was their favorite Son and a lot of them turned against him in a way for NOT giving them everything he has made.

That's sounds more like what he said. :D This guy sounded like he was disappointed in Timmy as well but didn't want to say it.

Good to know he wasn't BSing us.

tp2021
05-09-2008, 10:58 PM
He's earning his money. Just because he is rich, it doesn't mean he has to give it all away to the less fortunate, and only to the Virgin Islands. This isn't communism. As long as person A has more money than person B, person B will keep asking for it. It is as simple as that.

Tek_XX
05-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Something tells me that tim isn't going back to the Virgin Islands. And get this, Tim might have a job.....which would predicate where he lives, could be SA, could be New York.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Please don't. Just don't even joke about it. Please. :)

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:13 PM
He's earning his money. Just because he is rich, it doesn't mean he has to give it all away to the less fortunate, and only to the Virgin Islands. This isn't communism. As long as person A has more money than person B, person B will keep asking for it. It is as simple as that.

lol, capitalism. shhh.

- Mars