PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul= REAL BAD FLOPPER

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:20 AM
u kno what this kid is just a punk on th court....point blank...sure a nice guy and all but his attitude is pathetic and can really tarnish his career cause i love his game. and what he said at the half was really uncalled for! i kno he is really young and immature but its buggin the livin heck outta me!

and he is a huge flopper and always talking to the refs! i mean always! people call manu a flopper all u want but manu cant plead his case...boy cant speak a proper sentence. paul pulls the baby pout. just sayin he better get some reputation of bein a flopper! cause he fuckin is..........:lobt2:

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 03:23 AM
what did he say at the half?

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:27 AM
went somethin like this..

rich bucher asked him"so what happen defensively on that last play to leave manu so open?"

Paul-" i dunno. all i kno is he had time to catch turn caress the ball and shoot in .8 seconds."

bucher- "so you dont think it should have counted?"

Paul-"i dunno. its not my job i cant take care of that."

not 100% accurate but its about 90% no joke ask around

timvp
05-09-2008, 03:29 AM
Paul is really starting to annoy me with his dead ball flopping. That's just not basketball anymore. The Spurs flop like fishes ... but it's almost always when the game is being played. Paul had some embarrassing flops trying to draw technicals after the whistle was blown.

He also pushes off almost every time he drives to the lane ... but I've given up on that ever being called.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2008, 03:32 AM
I don't get this thread.

CP3 said it wasn't his job to say it should have counted or not. How is that "uncalled for!"? (By the way, the clock started late - so it probably shouldn't have counted).

Then you say, "boy cant speak a proper sentence" when he actually talks perfectly fine. Apparently, you can't write a proper sentence though.

It's just lame to tear players down about weak stuff because they are beating your team.

You are right that he flops a lot though. And so does Manu.

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:35 AM
I don't get this thread.

CP3 said it wasn't his job to say it should have counted or not. How is that "uncalled for!"? (By the way, the clock started late - so it probably shouldn't have counted).

Then you say, "boy cant speak a proper sentence" when he actually talks perfectly fine. Apparently, you can't write a proper sentence though.

It's just lame to tear players down about weak stuff because they are beating your team.

You are right that he flops a lot though. And so does Manu.

ok maybe i cant type a proper sentence. but my point on the interview was he didnt answer the damn question. he should have told us what happend!! dont blame the clock cp3.... trust me i kno how that feels. i dont think any spur would blame the clock...they would answer the fuckin question.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2008, 03:36 AM
i dont think any spur would blame the clock...

I guess you missed .4

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Lots of premiere players flop.

What I can understand annoying people is Chris Paul getting pissed off pointing and rolling around on the ground 15 feet, as if he's not getting his 'due'.

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:38 AM
kori. how would u feel if u asked him that question? he basically said fuck what u asked me. im making a point about how that was some bullshit. that manu didnt make it in time.

makes the whole thing bad

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:40 AM
I guess you missed .4

o i didnt miss it...actually mentioned in another post in this thread.

hornets can review it. but they wont. halftime shot...end of a great playoff game a totally different thing

Darcus
05-09-2008, 03:43 AM
kori. how would u feel if u asked him that question? he basically said fuck what u asked me. im making a point about how that was some bullshit. that manu didnt make it in time.

I thought it was pretty obvious he just didn't have an opinion about it. Remember, he isn't seeing all the coverage we're seeing at home when we watch our television sets. All he was saying was that if the NBA officials reviewed it and it seemed fine, he was cool with it. I think it's a real stretch to interpret it as "Fuck you why are you asking me?"

Death In June
05-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Manu gets called out for flopping probably a little more than he deserves. People might've had a case earlier in his career, but how many times have you seen him flop in the last two playoff series or during the regular season? Either way, I havent seen anyone pull out as many ridiculous flops through three games than CP3 has this series.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2008, 03:44 AM

It was probably a bad question to ask, if the question was asking him why the Hornets f'd up defensively. That might be a question for a coach but not for a player before the game is over. Anyway, he has a great attitude with the media and I didn't see anything wrong with his answer (non-answer). And it's dumb to say that he can't speak a proper sentence.

bowendefgod34
05-09-2008, 03:45 AM
dude are you joking i'm a spurs fan but chris paul is the best player in the nba the real floper in the nba is manu that is all he can do

blizz
05-09-2008, 03:46 AM
did yall see the 360 falling to the floor flop after BARELY being touched by fab flop??? that was pathetic.

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:47 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious he just didn't have an opinion about it. Remember, he isn't seeing all the coverage we're seeing at home when we watch our television sets. All he was saying was that if the NBA officials reviewed it and it seemed fine, he was cool with it. I think it's a real stretch to interpret it as "Fuck you why are you asking me?"

dude u put quotation marks on something i didnt even quote.....

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:48 AM
It was probably a bad question to ask, if the question was asking him why the Hornets f'd up defensively. That might be a question for a coach but not for a player before the game is over. Anyway, he has a great attitude with the media and I didn't see anything wrong with his answer (non-answer). And it's dumb to say that he can't speak a proper sentence.

no i meant manu cant speak a proper sentence. cause his english is so bad:lol

coachmac87
05-09-2008, 03:51 AM
and of course paul is going to be nice to the media. the media on his nuts soooooooooooo bad right now

Kori Ellis
05-09-2008, 03:56 AM

Oh, I couldn't tell what you even meant. Punctuation and capitalization might help :)

Kori Ellis
05-09-2008, 03:57 AM
and of course paul is going to be nice to the media. the media on his nuts soooooooooooo bad right now
:lol Whatever. He's a good guy. He's always been cool with the media since college. It has nothing to do with his nuts.

Darcus
05-09-2008, 04:03 AM
dude u put quotation marks on something i didnt even quote.....

...um, that's a hypothetical CP3 quote, I wasn't quoting you directly...

Obstructed_View
05-09-2008, 04:07 AM
Oh, I couldn't tell what you even meant. Punctuation and capitalization might help :)

Makes my head hurt.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 08:03 AM

I guess you missed the beginning of the interview when they announced it was good and he looked like he was wanted to go argue with the refs about it (as well as the pretty much NBA standard "that's bullshit" body language).

He wasn't cool with the call, but he knew there was nothing he could do about it and knew it's not a good idea to bitch about such things during an interview.

spursfan09
05-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Chris Paul is a pretty boy. I like his eyes. He flops. So does Manu. I think Tony is prettier but only when he shaves

smeagol
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM

Might've been a bad question, but it was clearly a bad answer.

He should've said, that was a great shot and it beat the buzzer. But he gave it his own personal spin.

smeagol
05-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Chris Paul is a pretty boy. I like his eyes. He flops. So does Manu. I think Tony is prettier but only when he shaves

I was unaware that you were a lady . . .

Sec24Row7
05-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't mind that he flops... he is just really really really bad at it....

he needs to work on his form in the offseason.

SpursWoman
05-09-2008, 08:27 AM

:tu

I was thinking the exact thing last night. :lol

slowchild25
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't know where all this flopping came from CP3. During the regular season it was very rare for him to pull the flopping non-sense. This series it's like he can't stand for more than 24 seconds without falling down. And I agree with you guys he's really really bad at it. At least when Manu does it, it seems plausible, when Paul does it it's a full second or two after the contact then he sends himself flying across the floor, he needs to knock it off.

mrsmaalox
05-09-2008, 09:04 AM
:lol Whatever. He's a good guy. He's always been cool with the media since college. It has nothing to do with his nuts.

I agree about him being a good guy. And maybe it has nothing to do with his nuts, but every time he makes a play you'd think he just laid a golden egg the way people react!

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2008, 09:05 AM
my question is WHY? Why isn't the MEDIA CALLING NOT CALLINg OUT CP3 for those FLOPS like they do GINOBILI?

that dead ball stuff is annoying!!!!!!!!

PLAY bitch ! PLAY like your momma taught ya!

Ocotillo
05-09-2008, 09:05 AM
He's young. He has such a bright future ahead of him, he'll knock of the flopping because he doesn't need it.

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 09:07 AM
What you guys didn't see was our series against the Mavs. You have to understand we just played a whole series of Dirk falling to the ground and getting a call everytime whether he was touched or not. He did the same thing when Tyson touches him and he flies three rows into the crowd. Or sub 6 foot CP3 pushes 7 foot Dirk and it looks like a grenade went off.

Unfortunately, I think Chris saw that and figured it could help us win. He is not good at it, but do realize he is the smallest guy on the court, and is generally getting beat up all over, and he takes it. The media is on Chris Paul for good reason. He has forced it with his play.

Honestly, the fall from Oberto and the fall from Bowen both made me cringe like, "what the hell are you doing". But I think in both instances he got shoulder blocked after the play, and instead of getting a Tech., he tried to embelish. I'm just glad he's keeping his cool for the Hornets sake.

Every international player, and Iverson flop all the time. If CP3 can get better at it, it can make a big difference in a game, unfortunately. They need to start calling T's on the guys that try it.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
so much homerish in this thread.

tmtcsc
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
dude are you joking i'm a spurs fan but chris paul is the best player in the nba the real floper in the nba is manu that is all he can do

:lol You're no fucking Spurs fan...

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I agree about him being a good guy. And maybe it has nothing to do with his nuts, but every time he makes a play you'd think he just laid a golden egg the way people react!

Come on, you watched the game though right? The kid is a freak. He has played 8 playoff games in his career to this point, all this year, and last night was almost his 4th 30+ point, 10+ assist game. No one has ever done that. He just turned 23 years old, and he's first team all NBA, the best PG in the world. I can understand playing against him and being sick of the media glory, but you are watching something special right now, enjoy it.

Remember too, the Hornets have probably been the most disrespected team in the league this season. Let's not act like the media has been all over us all season, even up 2-0, hardly anyone thinks the Hornets were going to beat the Spurs. I think everything Chris Paul gets now is 100% justified.

SAGambler
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM

I think that was in reference to Manu, not CP.

Buddy Holly
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
He did answer the question at halftime. Something about it happening so fast he didn't see what happened. Or it happened so quickly by the time he looked it was over. One of those, I can't remember.

I do hate his flopping (I hate all exaggerated flopping even from Manu or Horry or whoever).

Ginofan
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
my question is WHY? Why isn't the MEDIA CALLING NOT CALLINg OUT CP3 for those FLOPS like they do GINOBILI?

that dead ball stuff is annoying!!!!!!!!

PLAY bitch ! PLAY like your momma taught ya!

Does the term "Golden Boy" ring a bell?

SAGambler
05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
did yall see the 360 falling to the floor flop after BARELY being touched by fab flop??? that was pathetic.

Yeah, that one was taking it a bit far, I thought.

And the foul on Bruce when it really was on Peja. Did you see how Peja got a big smile on his face on that one. Knew he had just gotten away with one.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 09:22 AM
What you guys didn't see was our series against the Mavs. You have to understand we just played a whole series of Dirk falling to the ground and getting a call everytime whether he was touched or not. He did the same thing when Tyson touches him and he flies three rows into the crowd. Or sub 6 foot CP3 pushes 7 foot Dirk and it looks like a grenade went off.

Thanks for the info. Spur fans have never seen that before.

1usamotorsports.com
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
CP3 is too much of a quality player to be pulling off them flopps . Hes a hell of a shooter but a crappy flopper . His Poor flopping is going to hurt his reputation .
Im glad the spurs won this game but on the other hand I didnt see that defense from the hornets like in game 1 and 2 . If the spurs win this next game then its a whole new ball game . :flag:

Spurminator
05-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I hate the flopping, but it's been part of a very effective attitude that the Hornets have brought to this series. It reminds me a lot of the Jazz in the 90's. They play crafty and cocky, and in the first two games they had the Spurs feeling (and playing) like victims who were being treated unfairly. It took away their focus, but they regained it last night.

deadratsam
05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't know why people would think Manu can't speak properly. Yes he has an accent, but he speaks... I don't know if the phrase is "deliberately" but he chooses his words and you can tell when he says something it's not just empty words and filler. Plus he enunciates. His accent doesn't blur his words.Now Tony, while I can understand him, his accent is thicker.

Consider a few hispanic baseball players. The ones I've heard have that thick accent that turns "excuse" into "ehcyuu". Manu doesn't do that.

It doesn't even have to be a half-time winded interview... there are many players in every sport where they're American but speak like 3rd-grade dropouts and slur their words.

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info. Spur fans have never seen that before.

I know you have, all I'm saying is that CP3 hasn't flopped in 3 seasons in the NBA. All of a sudden, we play the biggest girl in the NBA, and CP3 seems to be trying to steal a page from a bad playbook. Just throwing it out there, seeing if it sticks.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2008, 09:59 AM

I think Manu speaks English just fine.

dmac
05-09-2008, 10:19 AM

That was an Olympic calibre flop. He even got a 10 from the Argentinian judge.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:22 AM

:dont

- Mars

michaelwcho
05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Manu gets called out for flopping probably a little more than he deserves. People might've had a case earlier in his career, but how many times have you seen him flop in the last two playoff series or during the regular season? Either way, I havent seen anyone pull out as many ridiculous flops through three games than CP3 has this series.

Me neither. Paul brings it to a whole 'nother level. What the hell was that one when he got bumped in the lane and he spun off like he got kicked in the face by Bruce Lee?

hater
05-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Spurs fans are not entitled to cry about flopping. they can joke about it but that's about it. We have Manu Ginobili in our team.

But in this series, CP3 takes the flopping trophy unanimously

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Spurs fans are not entitled to cry about flopping. they can joke about it but that's about it. We have Manu Ginobili in our team.

But in this series, CP3 takes the flopping trophy unanimously

manu has toned it wayyyyyy down.

- Mars

fightingtiger2335
05-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Ya he flops....so do the Spurs..and you guys don't think it's bad because it helps your team. Last night Oberto flopped on Paul and looked like he was gonna fly out the gym. It happens on both sides.
What I don't get is the Half time interview you guys are arguing about. He said he didn't see what happen on defense he was on other side of the lane and he didn't think you could get the shot off like he did. He was agravated they gave up a last second shot sure...but if anyone from the Spurs says the same thing you guys are praising him and saying he's right. There's plenty of things to bitch about us to the Spurs...and Paul flopping can be one..but you are reaching for straws on the half time comments.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Ya he flops....so do the Spurs..and you guys don't think it's bad because it helps your team. Last night Oberto flopped on Paul and looked like he was gonna fly out the gym. It happens on both sides.
What I don't get is the Half time interview you guys are arguing about. He said he didn't see what happen on defense he was on other side of the lane and he didn't think you could get the shot off like he did. He was agravated they gave up a last second shot sure...but if anyone from the Spurs says the same thing you guys are praising him and saying he's right. There's plenty of things to bitch about us to the Spurs...and Paul flopping can be one..but you are reaching for straws on the half time comments.

Personally, if Paul was being reasonable and even remotely believable with his flopping, it wouldn't bother me.

And my only problem with the half time interview was the fact that he turned away from the interviewer and took a step away before giving the "that's bs" waveoff. His comments were appropriate and within reason, but that just was not right behaviour while someone is trying to interview you on national television.

He comes off as a tempermental prima-donna often from the little I've seen of him.

The Truth #6
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Someone needs to post a video of last night's flop with Oberto.

41times
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Come on dudes, don't start a CP3 flopper thread. Ginobli is the king of flop.

Every team and every player will flop when it is necessary to get a call. some more than others, some less.

Lets focus on the x & o's and skills or lack there of in the series.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Come on dudes, don't start a CP3 flopper thread. Ginobli is the king of flop.

Every team and every player will flop when it is necessary to get a call. some more than others, some less.

Lets focus on the x & o's and skills or lack there of in the series.

except that he's toned it wayyy down this season...

then again, a Dirk supporter WOULD be blind.

- Mars

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Actually that's not what he said at all. He said something like "I just watched Manu catch the ball, readjust the ball to line up the grooves on the ball, turn, and shoot, all in point eight seconds."

There was nothing in there about if the officials reviewed it okay, it was just him being a punk ass bitch about getting owned at the end of the half.

He's a spoiled fucking brat, period. He looked like he was going to cry at the end of the game when he walked off the court.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I know you have, all I'm saying is that CP3 hasn't flopped in 3 seasons in the NBA. All of a sudden, we play the biggest girl in the NBA, and CP3 seems to be trying to steal a page from a bad playbook. Just throwing it out there, seeing if it sticks.

Byron Scott flopped when he was a player. Paul's just getting taught (badly, I might add) the tricks of the trade from his coach.

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 12:23 PM

That's what it was. I knew there was a play right before between Oberto and Paul but couldn't remember. Paul barely touched him, and the almost 7 foot Oberto went flying. No one brings that up though, probably because Paul is a little more dramatic. :hat

mVp
05-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Someone needs to post a video of last night's flop with Oberto.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

This one? :lol

sa_butta
05-09-2008, 12:29 PM
It has really become an art form, I dont care who is doing it I think its funny. Ginobili is right up there with the best of them.

nkdlunch
05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
:lmao

shelshor
05-09-2008, 12:47 PM

As spastic as he is with it, he's gonna slip a disc and have to get rolled off the court on a stretcher

Jonesy77
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Come on, guys. He's still young. Someday he'll learn all the tricks the aged Spurs have in their flopping arsenal. You can't expect him to be on the level of Ginobili in just his third year, can you? Flopping is the palette upon which Ginobili paints masterpieces.

Give him time. He'll learn.

hater
05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Chris Paul could start for the Brazilian national soccer team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 12:56 PM
http://www.fire-extinguisher101.com/stop-drop-roll.gif

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 12:56 PM

http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/pls/xximages/docs/roll_out_the_barrel.jpg

GinobiliLooms
05-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I think its interesting when the Spurs flop the commentators will say "thats a flop", but when Chris Paul flops he is "trying to sell the foul".

Death In June
05-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey, where'd you guys find that video of Paul flopping? Link?

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I think its interesting when the Spurs flop the commentators will say "thats a flop", but when Chris Paul flops he is "trying to sell the foul".

Flopping is trying to sell the foul, and the announcers actually did call Chris our for it, saying he did a little acting.

Spurminator
05-09-2008, 01:18 PM

:lmao :lmao

That is awesome. I love Oberto's reaction right after the contact. What did he think, the ball was coming to hit him? Did he think Paul was wheeling around to slug him? Was it a delayed, half hearted flop attempt of his own?

Jon1798
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
:lmao :lmao

That is awesome. I love Oberto's reaction right after the contact. What did he think, the ball was coming to hit him? Did he think Paul was wheeling around to slug him? Was it a delayed, half hearted flop attempt of his own?

It is pretty funny. I think he was flinching cause of the ball and the fact he had no idea what was going on behind him.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Come on, guys. He's still young. Someday he'll learn all the tricks the aged Spurs have in their flopping arsenal. You can't expect him to be on the level of Ginobili in just his third year, can you? Flopping is the palette upon which Ginobili paints masterpieces.

Give him time. He'll learn.

I've never seen Manu flop nearly as badly as what Paul did with Oberto. Falling down is one thing... what Paul did is ridiculous.

Dude has crazy game, and I don't mind if he exaggerates what is a clear foul on him. To me, that's not even flopping, it's just drawing the attention of the official to contact. Flying across the lane in 360 form and then rolling because you got tapped is ridiculous, and I've never seen Manu do it that I can recall.

hater
05-09-2008, 02:41 PM
It is pretty funny. I think he was flinching cause of the ball and the fact he had no idea what was going on behind him.

Oberto tried to counterflop

poo-doe wayne-o
05-09-2008, 02:47 PM
if you go to you tube and search "nba flops" , 20 results come up on the 1st page.

11 are spurs.
2 are lakers
4 are the jazz
1 is golden state
1 is dallas
and 1 is the celtics.

i think this is a good way to see who the entire world thinks flops the most

because i didnt type anything about the spurs, just "nba flops".

thought it was funny.

nba flops

ShoogarBear
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Funny, if you go to youtube and search "nba champs", 18 of 20 results are about the Spurs.

GinobiliLooms
05-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, see...the thing is, Chris Paul is taking the flop to a whole new level. A whole new paradigm of shameless floppage. When most players flop there is at least some sort of initial contact that could possibly have caused the reaction in the player being fouled. But chris Paul has just completely ignored that, falling backwards ten feet when a Spurs player looks at him worng, owning himself in regards to his level of flopping noobage.

deadratsam
05-09-2008, 02:53 PM

Exactly. who everyone thinks flops the most. It's all about perceptions perpetuated by the media. Spurs are boring, they're the biggest floppers. While they may be boring at times (when they play like crap) and while they have a few players who like to exaggerate contact... people just latch on to these notions and never try to judge for them selves or accept that many more teams fit this description of boring or floppers.

dmac
05-09-2008, 02:54 PM
if you go to you tube and search "nba flops" , 20 results come up on the 1st page.

11 are spurs.
2 are lakers
4 are the jazz
1 is golden state
1 is dallas
and 1 is the celtics.

thought it was funny.

nba flops

well that's definitive!

NoMoneyDown
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM

11 are spurs.
2 are lakers
4 are the jazz
1 is golden state
1 is dallas
and 1 is the celtics.

thought it was funny.

nba flops

Seeing as how the Spurs have won the most NBA championships in recent years, it's doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine they've also gotten a larger ANTI-Spurs fan base as well. I bet if you traced those YouTube posts, you'd find they were people who despise the Spurs.

IOW, your theory blows.

dbestpro
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
I think when you look at what Paul is doing you can say that he taken flopping to a new level. Before, a flop occurred because a player runs into you and you drop like you're shot out of a gun.

For Paul, he runs into other people and drops like he is shot out of a cannon. His flops would be hilarious if he didn't get the call every time he drops. It's kind of like watching a bad movie that keeps getting the academy award.

poo-doe wayne-o
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
lol not trying to be definitive, and i dont have a theory.

just searched nba flops to try to find the paul flop (which is very funny looking) and stating what i found.

and i still think its funny. sorry

spursfan09
05-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I was unaware that you were a lady . . .

That I am

DarrinS
05-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe CP3 is just prepping himself for the next season of Dancing with the Stars. That triple sow cow he did was very graceful.

Geaux Hornets!
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/030731/12640__queer_l.jpg

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I think when you look at what Paul is doing you can say that he taken flopping to a new level. Before, a flop occurred because a player runs into you and you drop like you're shot out of a gun.

For Paul, he runs into other people and drops like he is shot out of a cannon. His flops would be hilarious if he didn't get the call every time he drops. It's kind of like watching a bad movie that keeps getting the academy award.

He's not even close to getting a call on his ridiculous flops all the time. He got a few in Gm 3, but in Gms 1+2, and about half of them in Gm 3 the officials just ignored them.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
just searched nba flops to try to find the paul flop (which is very funny looking) and stating what i found.

I cracked up on the flop that got a foul on TP. TP put his hand on CP3's waist and CP3 fell like he was punched in the face.

Jonesy77
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I've never seen Manu flop nearly as badly as what Paul did with Oberto. Falling down is one thing... what Paul did is ridiculous.

Dude has crazy game, and I don't mind if he exaggerates what is a clear foul on him. To me, that's not even flopping, it's just drawing the attention of the official to contact. Flying across the lane in 360 form and then rolling because you got tapped is ridiculous, and I've never seen Manu do it that I can recall.

That's exactly my point. He's untrained at an effective flop. It's sloppy now, but he'll get better.

Ogden Nash said it best:

I think that I shall never see,
A Flopper as accomplished as Gin-o-b'li.
But if Ginobili never fell,
Three Spurs rings would go to hell.

mVp
05-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Here's the vid:

3TaRdBpxfrw

Nolazach
05-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I have to admit, Chris Paul has picked this up. Maybe he just learned you have to do, what you have to do to win. I don't think anyone can deny he is a great player.

On a side note, what happened here last night? I am guessing a brawl broke out, smack thread gone, and all.

Jonesy77
05-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I think he has taken Vlade Divacs crown.

That's ridiculous. He would need about 10 more years in the league to touch Divac.

BonnerDynasty
05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Seeing as how the Spurs have won the most NBA championships in recent years, it's doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine they've also gotten a larger ANTI-Spurs fan base as well. I bet if you traced those YouTube posts, you'd find they were people who despise the Spurs.

Word. Someone people lack the common sense to connect the dots though :(

Sec24Row7
05-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Maybe CP3 is just prepping himself for the next season of Dancing with the Stars. That triple sow cow he did was very graceful.

Geaux Hornets!
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/030731/12640__queer_l.jpg

Hrrm... I think he was trying to Emulate this:

ddMowxKchko

Man of Steel
05-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Go to Youtube

Type in the word "Dickhead"

Only one answer comes up--

Video of Chris Paul

Also--

Same source--Youtube

Type in "douchebags"

26 answers

All pertaining to Hornets fans

Enquiring minds wanted to know...

lefty
05-09-2008, 06:06 PM
:lol:rollin:lmao:lmao:rollin

td4mvp21
05-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Paul does suck at it, and so does the entire Hornets team. They need to watch Ginobili and Fab and learn a few things.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2008, 06:14 PM
That's exactly my point. He's untrained at an effective flop. It's sloppy now, but he'll get better.

Ogden Nash said it best:

I think that I shall never see,
A Flopper as accomplished as Gin-o-b'li.
But if Ginobili never fell,
Three Spurs rings would go to hell.

Please show me where Manu has EVER flopped like that.

If (massive if) you win the title this year, you will have no room to talk about the Spurs as accomplished floppers, since your best player is by far the most obvious at exaggerating contact.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Paul does suck at it, and so does the entire Hornets team. They need to watch Ginobili and Fab and learn a few things.

Or Horry...Now this man knows how to not embarrass us, no anger, no bitching, no 360 twirls.. Just old school flopping...:rollin
8ukde193ivM

Paul's got a lot to learn about the art.

redskinfan
05-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I am not a flopper It's called the carlton dance!

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/bios/carlton/carlton4.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2008, 06:24 PM

11 are spurs.
2 are lakers
4 are the jazz
1 is golden state
1 is dallas
and 1 is the celtics.

thought it was funny.

nba flops

I think this is a good way to see that the Spurs just beat the Suns in the playoffs. Again. And Suns fans are still blaming it on the refs.

Thought it was funny.

lefty
05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I am not a flopper It's called the carlton dance!

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/bios/carlton/carlton4.jpg

:rollin

Death Incarnate
05-09-2008, 06:29 PM
CP3 didnt start flopping until this series I guess when in Rome

Pero
05-09-2008, 06:39 PM
hornets can review it. but they wont. halftime shot...end of a great playoff game a totally different thing

Fuck you.

Sincerly,
2002 Kings.

admiralfats
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
horry is my favorite flopper ever. I love when he slides on his belly like a seal.

tp2021
05-09-2008, 06:56 PM
bad flopper...
or good ballerina?

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Funny, if you go to youtube and search "nba champs", 18 of 20 results are about the Spurs.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:30 PM
DO A BARREL ROLL! (PRESS Z OR R TWICE)

http://cp3roll.ytmnd.com/

- Mars

Lebowski Brickowski
05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
^thanks :lmao

slowchild25
05-09-2008, 10:47 PM
DO A BARREL ROLL! (PRESS Z OR R TWICE)

http://cp3roll.ytmnd.com/

- Mars

Mars what the fuck man?!? I was in qouted in your sig earlier today for about 35 minutes and now I'm not there anymore what the hell dude? :depressed

-pleaze ignore me tonight i have had way to much wiskey 2nite :downspin:

Holmes_Fans
05-09-2008, 10:48 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94037

Don't be mad at CP, be mad at yourselves

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Mars what the fuck man?!? I was in qouted in your sig earlier today for about 35 minutes and now I'm not there anymore what the hell dude? :depressed

-pleaze ignore me tonight i have had way to much wiskey 2nite :downspin:

hey man, i change my sig on a whim. but you're drunk, so I'll give ya a pass.

:toast

- Mars

Fillmoe
05-09-2008, 10:55 PM
spurs getting a taste of their own medicine... now only if the hornets had a player who swung his feet under every jump shooter

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94037

Don't be mad at CP, be mad at yourselves

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:dont

- Mars

slowchild25
05-09-2008, 10:58 PM
hey man, i change my sig on a whim. but you're drunk, so I'll give ya a pass.

:toast

- Mars

I can respect that but at least give me a full 24 hours to bask in the glory! :greedy

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:00 PM
spurs getting a taste of their own medicine... now only if the hornets had a player who swung his feet under every jump shooter

http://www.ihatecilantro.com/userpics/crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I can respect that but at least give me a full 24 hours to bask in the glory! :greedy

by popular demand, it's going back in. right after i find it.

- Mars

slowchild25
05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
SWEET!

DUDE!!!

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/rate_my_tattoo/tattoos/tattoo/act/sweet_dude_5358893815415.jpg

hsxvvd
05-10-2008, 12:11 AM

This needs to be sent to the NBA so the refs can be made aware of it, that's ManuMax.... not even Varejo flops that bad.

BonnerDynasty
05-10-2008, 12:17 AM

It's not that. It's being labeled as floppers when every other team is doing the same.

It's hearing this garbage commentators call out manu, thomas, obert as floppers, then saying nothing when Paul and others do the same.

MajicMan
05-10-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah i would say he flopped real bad here

http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/n833003rde50_30651257_9362-copy.jpg
http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/n83ed300350_30651256_8204-copy.jpg

tp2021
05-10-2008, 12:21 AM
^^^EW!
I mean... Geaux get em, Paul!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

homer
05-10-2008, 02:04 AM
:tu

I was thinking the exact thing last night. :lol

IMO That wasn't a total flop. I think he lost his balance during the collision with Fab and he tried{ unsucessfully} to turn it into a flop. I'm surprised he didn't throw his hands over his head, then jump up and try to start a fight with Horry ala Nash.:lmao:ihit

homer
05-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Paul is a good guy, and a hell of a basketball player, however, he does some of the most rediculous flops that I have ever seen. I think he has taken Vlade Divacs crown. I lose repsect for players that flop like that. Its one thing to draw the foul, but to fall down and start rolling on the ground is pathetic.

I cant wait until Bowen or Horry give that guy a reason to be on the ground. The way he just pantsies his way throught the lane is insane. Will someone please hit this guy. Get a tech, send a goon in or something. Dont try and hurt him but atleast make him pay for coming inside. You would think Duncan would have done it a few times since he has done little of nothing else. Good game Spurs!!!

:nope This Lala fan has been urging the Spurs to commit hard fouls on CP3 for days now. You're beginning to sound like a scared little bitch who wants The spurs to get suspended for Hurting CP3, all so the Lakers will have a better chance to win. You're scared of both teams. Take that weak pussy shit to your own board. You're not fool'in anyone.:makemyday

2centsworth
05-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Paul is an awesome player, but he's young so he's not always going to act "right". Tony has a little bit of that in him too, but he and Paul are young ballers who overall mean well it seems.

I'm a big CP3 fan when this series is over.

Kamala
05-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Flopping is so fake. Maybe basketball is FAKE!:lol

Fernando TD21
05-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Chris Paul is really young. With time he will gain experience and master the flop.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah i would say he flopped real bad here

http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/n833003rde50_30651257_9362-copy.jpg
http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/n83ed300350_30651256_8204-copy.jpg

Slumpbusters, so that's his secret

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-10-2008, 07:48 PM
It has nothing to do with his nuts.