PDA

View Full Version : Malone: Too Late or Just in Time?

Ghost Writer
01-22-2005, 12:55 PM
With the Spurs rolling, the need for Malone has not been as pressing.

With that tall goof Rasho down for about 3 weeks, do the Spurs see what's up with the Mailman?

I hate Rasho and think Malone would bring added scoring and playoff poise to the Spurs, but I'm also concerned about screwing up chemistry.

The Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now.

Would Malone be overkill?

?

SequSpur
01-22-2005, 12:56 PM
If Malone wants to come and try out, then you get him.

Mr. Body
01-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't wreck the chemistry.

td4mvp21
01-22-2005, 01:22 PM
yeah malone would ruin the whole thing. he has made a career off of cheap shots and dirty playing and i dont want the Spurs to have that reputation. look how good we our without him. I personally hope he retires.

Kori Ellis
01-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't screw with the chemistry. If Rasho's only going to be out 2-3 weeks, then activate Marks and see how it goes. Or we could always let Devin Brown play power forward next to Duncan at center. It worked out beautifully last night. :smokin

Jdspur20
01-22-2005, 01:56 PM
what about horry? is he ok? we will be fine for 2-3 weeks with horry/rose/massinburg.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-22-2005, 01:59 PM
I think Marks needs to be activated, Pop told him at the beginning of the season that he would have a chance to play.

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:22 PM
I was pro-Malone, mostly because I distrusted Parker and Manu to both elevate their games in the playoffsto make up for Bowen and Rasho ultimately sucking.

The Spurs have been rolling and I at least trust Manu.

There's that whole stigma of the Spurs being the team to hand-deliver Malone a title if he joined our team.

And would his ego do more harm than good?

T Park
01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Hes not coming.

If he hasnt agreed to a contract by now, hes not going to.

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Would you want him if he was healthy and willing?

T Park
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Hell yes.

But I dont think he is either.

The whole stringing both parties along is BS IMO.

sungo99
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
My opinion on Malone: http://nbaspurs.blogspot.com/2005/01/you-just-dont.html

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure Malone is an essential to lock it up this year. No one plays defense like the Spurs and we do have some athletic scorers, if not a totally dominating post game.

How about this for a question:

Do the Spurs need Malone more for a ring or does Malone need the Spurs more for a ring?

T Park
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Id say its the latter.

Right now, the Spurs would win it all, not a team that will beat them honestly.

With malone it would just make it even easier.

ChumpDumper
01-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Getting late, but I still don't want him going to a competitor.

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 09:27 PM
I think he's retiring. I've said that for a couple months. But I still understand if the Spurs sign him (if he's healthy) just to avoid him going to the competition.

Ghost Writer
01-26-2005, 03:36 PM
I'll take a stand.

Sign Malone, start him and bring Rash1t off the bench.

I'm going back to my first instincts on this one.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
just what we need an old fucking malone dragging a bum leg around the court and fucking everything up

SLOVENIAN 8
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I think he finished with basketball. Now isn`t the right time to sign him.

vanvannen
01-26-2005, 04:30 PM
I hate the damn fuck. He won't bring anything to this team and I would hate to hand him his desired ring.

We are doing just fine without him.

timvp
01-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Malone is coming to San Antonio. The more he builds up this "retirement" drama, the more I believe he's coming. There's no way this drama queen will pass up a chance to steal the highlights of a championship run. Also, don't forget that the queen also has to break the all-time scoring record before he retires.

He'll be a Spur.

GoSpurs21
01-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Malone is done, no way he plays on minute of NBA this year.

Ginofan
01-26-2005, 07:36 PM
If he's healthy, I'll take him. We STILL don't have that "tough guy". I'm still worried about guys like Danny Fortsen chewing us up and spitting us back out. Our guards are getting slapped silly when they drive, especially Manu. You can't tell me that that crap would continue to happen if we had a Malone-type guy on our team. We had that role filled with Kevin Willis...but alas no more. I hate to see our guys getting beat up out there, bring him in, even if it's only to do damage control.

boutons
01-26-2005, 07:47 PM
"role filled with Kevin Willis"

What fucking myth.

Kevin rode the bench for all but garbage minutes, on avg, and had NO INTIMIDATING EFFECT on how other teams treated the Spurs.

If Tony M and Sean aren't in game shape and can't help the Spurs, then how is Malone supposed to come in, from a knee injury, get his legs/wind in shape, get in game shape, he's 42, learn his defensive assignments which nobody new to Spurs seems to pick up in less than 2 months or more, and be of any help in March and April?

the whole Malone thing is way passed credibility. he ain't no savior for any team.

Brodels
01-26-2005, 07:50 PM
According to his agent, he isn't even healthy yet.

Would those who want to sign him still do so knowing that he's not healthy?

Ginofan
01-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm not talking about production wise, i'm talking about TOUGHNESS. True Kevin rode the bench while he was here, but he was also the guy to go in when someone was getting pushed around...what do think all the elbows talk was about? He was tough.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Malone is coming to San Antonio. The more he builds up this "retirement" drama, the more I believe he's coming. There's no way this drama queen will pass up a chance to steal the highlights of a championship run. Also, don't forget that the queen also has to break the all-time scoring record before he retires.

He'll be a Spur.
You have a good point.
Karl does NOT want to retire without a championship, that's what he tried with LA, and they got wrecked by Detroit.
Lakers shouldn't have ever made it to the finals, but that 0.4 fisher shot changed everything....that shot still gets to me.
Im still not over that shot...