PDA

View Full Version : It's always about game 4

41times
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Game 4 is the most important game in the series for the team that does not have home court.

Game 3, the first game back home is almost a sure win for the home team due to energy, fans, determination etc.

As predicted the Spurs would win game 3 due to those reasons and they did. It took everything the Spurs had to pull it out but they did it.

But now the visiting Hornets have seen just about everything the Spurs have to offer: Fans, Noise, matchups, coaching etc. So in game 4 it will simply come down to who plays the best.

If the spurs win game 4 they send a message that they are not going away and are prepared to stay and fight it out. It says that they will probably win a game 6 and force a game 7. And in a game 7 anything is possible. Even though the home team wins about 73% of game 7's, there is that 27% chance or hope.

But if you lose game for and go down 3 to 1, it is over. Period.

So for the Spurs and Orlando (the other 2 series aren't there yet) game 4 is the Game.

The Hornest were in this exact same position last round and took care of business. So they are not afraid.

Game 4 people, this is it.

TampaDude
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Yup...Game 4 is the series, folks...if the Spurs win Game 4, the series is tied and it's a best-of-three battle. If the Spurs lose Game 4, they are done.

So...let's tie this series up on Sunday night!!! GO SPURS GO!!! :flag:

florige
05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Game 4 is the most important game in the series for the team that does not have home court.

Game 3, the first game back home is almost a sure win for the home team due to energy, fans, determination etc.

As predicted the Spurs would win game 3 due to those reasons and they did. It took everything the Spurs had to pull it out but they did it.

But now the visiting Hornets have seen just about everything the Spurs have to offer: Fans, Noise, matchups, coaching etc. So in game 4 it will simply come down to who plays the best.

If the spurs win game 4 they send a message that they are not going away and are prepared to stay and fight it out. It says that they will probably win a game 6 and force a game 7. And in a game 7 anything is possible. Even though the home team wins about 73% of game 7's, there is that 27% chance or hope.

So for the Spurs and Orlando (the other 2 series aren't there yet) game 4 is the Game.

The Hornest were in this exact same position last round and took care of business. So they are not afraid.

I was just getting ready to start a thread about this. This series to this point has taken on the exact same tone as the Dallas series. Dallas wins game 3 only to lose game 4 by double digits. Whatever worked in game 3 for Dallas didn;t work in game 4 at all obviously. What changed between that one game adjustments wise that Dallas did against NO's in game 3?

degenerate_gambler
05-09-2008, 09:22 AM

See Dallas, last series.

101A
05-09-2008, 09:25 AM
3 days rest is HUGE.

The fact that Duncan has yet to go off is HUGE.

Pop needs to figure out some way to get the defensive fg% down. Hornets must be forced to deal with some doubt going home.

SAGambler
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I was just getting ready to start a thread about this. This series to this point has taken on the exact same tone as the Dallas series. Dallas wins game 3 only to lose game 4 by double digits. Whatever worked in game 3 for Dallas didn;t work in game 4 at all obviously. What changed between that one game adjustments wise that Dallas did against NO's in game 3?

JHo? Became much more of a distraction than the Mavs would admit?

I don't know for sure, but at least I know the Spurs don't have those kind of distractions to contend with.

If the Spurs play again Sunday, like last night, Spurs win.

We just can't revert to playing 3 quarters and mailing one in. That has been the Spurs undoing in the first 2 games.

florige
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
JHo? Became much more of a distraction than the Mavs would admit?

I don't know for sure, but at least I know the Spurs don't have those kind of distractions to contend with.

If the Spurs play again Sunday, like last night, Spurs win.

We just can't revert to playing 3 quarters and mailing one in. That has been the Spurs undoing in the first 2 games.

:lol How about most of the season. I will admit that I was suprised that they were actually leading at some point in the 2nd half. But you could tell that Paul and West got tired trying to carry the load by themselves. I stand by the assertion, if we keep Peja from scoring we win this series. Well unless Paul pulls a Kobe and scores 70 a game and West goes for 40...:lol

honestfool84
05-09-2008, 09:53 AM
:lol How about most of the season. I will admit that I was suprised that they were actually leading at some point in the 2nd half. But you could tell that Paul and West got tired trying to carry the load by themselves. I stand by the assertion, if we keep Peja from scoring we win this series. Well unless Paul pulls a Kobe and scores 70 a game and West goes for 40...:lol

even then, paul would have to be glued to one side of the floor, and parker would be torching him on offense, or whomever paul was guarding.

even then, i think the spurs might win. :lol

Supergirl
05-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree, the Spurs should approach Game 4 as anothe "must win" and play with the same intensity and urgency as they did in Game 3.

If they do, I predict they will win, and if they win, I predict they will win the series in 6 games.

leaguecityspur
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
They were playing Dallas...enough said. :flag:

alamo50
05-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Might we lose game 4 (as I think), we will win 3 in a row.
If we win game 4, it's gonna be very hard the rest of the series and homecourt will be the deciding factor.

This is my feeling.

Medvedenko
05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes, game 4 is imperitive for the spurs to win.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2008, 12:11 PM

I would agree with this except for the fact game 3 at Phoenix two weeks ago was the most dominant performance of the entire year for the Spurs and that was supposed to be the first home game for the Suns and they were supposed to play well?

Man of Steel
05-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Whoever wins on Sunday will take the series.

That's how big game 4 is...

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Hornets will win game 4

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Whoever wins on Sunday will take the series.

That's how big game 4 is... Not really

urunobili
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Not really

love having you here! it's great sign of what it's about to come! :toast

Strike
05-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Not really

Keep posting your drivel, Princess Pimped. All your bullshit from the Suns series really helped, didn't it?

Shame you weren't aborted.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-09-2008, 01:36 PM
The Hornets faced a Mavs team that has been famous for its choking.

Whatever happened last round for them is irrelevent. They're facing a team that's been through it all right now.

1Parker1
05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Game 4 is probably going to be the closest game in this series, it's important to both teams equally. I think the Hornets would have liked to win Game 3 obviously, but Spurs wanted it more and made the adjustments.

At this point in the series, there aren't going to be any more adjustments, so it's just going to come down to who executes their game plan better and who's offense is clicking at the right time. Spurs gave it their all in Game 3, and it was still close until about the 8 minute mark in the 4th quarter. All with CP3 and West doing most of the work for them.

They are that good. I honestly didn't think the Hornets were. CP3 specifically and his will to win is Ginobili levelesque. And Byron Scott is the ideal coach for a young team like that because he knows all the right buttons to push.

Game 4 is going to depend on Tim Duncan, He' can't average 12 ppg in a series and expect the Spurs to win.

florige
05-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Game 4 is probably going to be the closest game in this series, it's important to both teams equally. I think the Hornets would have liked to win Game 3 obviously, but Spurs wanted it more and made the adjustments.

At this point in the series, there aren't going to be any more adjustments, so it's just going to come down to who executes their game plan better and who's offense is clicking at the right time. Spurs gave it their all in Game 3, and it was still close until about the 8 minute mark in the 4th quarter. All with CP3 and West doing most of the work for them.

They are that good. I honestly didn't think the Hornets were. CP3 specifically and his will to win is Ginobili levelesque. And Byron Scott is the ideal coach for a young team like that because he knows all the right buttons to push.

Game 4 is going to depend on Tim Duncan, He' can't average 12 ppg in a series and expect the Spurs to win.

I'm convinced once Duncan gets on in this series we will be hard to stop. He has been mediocre so far in this series. Last night he was alot better than the first two games though.

TheAffricanFan
05-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I Really think that if we win Game 4 I like our chances of finishing this series in six.

If we loose this Game, I see us losing in 5 or 6.