PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horrys 3

xtremesteven33
05-09-2008, 11:18 AM
What did yall think of Horrys 3 last night. it seems he was hesitant to take it after being left alone for about 2 seconds. normally hell chunk up a shot if he gets the least bit of daylight. He did make it but they showed his face afterwards and he didnt look to excited. why do yall think that is? the fans go nuts everytime Horry shoots and makes a 3, and so does horry but this time he didnt look too into it. or is it just me looking too much into things?

WildcardManu
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Probably because it was garbage time

xtremesteven33
05-09-2008, 11:21 AM
yes thats what i was thinking. seems he isnt too happy about playing when the shots dont really matter anymore.

fyatuk
05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Especially since this playoffs he's been used quite a bit for hack-a-shaq and hack-a-tyson.

Shaolin-Style
05-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Horry just isn't a good matchup for Diaw or David West or Tyson Chandler. He'll be more useful against the lakers or jazz if we get that far.

smeagol
05-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Timepo basura.

Not relevant.

xtremesteven33
05-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Horry is definetly GROUNDHOG DAY

ElNono
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Horry will have his moment in this playoffs.

Thats how we roll. :hat

urunobili
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Thomas ate his minutes... he'll be more useful if we can past this stage...

Fabbs
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
yes thats what i was thinking. seems he isnt too happy about playing when the shots dont really matter anymore. Yes, but that can be a good thing. Horry wants to have a meaningful final season. I hope he gets more pt and pulls off more Horry plays. He actually already has. In Gm one i loved that ball he went up and won. The "jump ball" type play where Duncan got hacked, ball went way up in the air and out towards the arc and Horry outjumped the Hornet and knocked him down at the same time. Ball then reversed around to Manu, 3 pter good!

It was a classic Horry momentum swinger play.

xtremesteven33
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
or when he swatted the ball away from steve nash in game 5 to clinch the series....classic horry

Beast
05-09-2008, 12:07 PM
What did yall think of Horrys 3 last night. it seems he was hesitant to take it after being left alone for about 2 seconds. normally hell chunk up a shot if he gets the least bit of daylight. He did make it but they showed his face afterwards and he didnt look to excited. why do yall think that is? the fans go nuts everytime Horry shoots and makes a 3, and so does horry but this time he didnt look too into it. or is it just me looking too much into things?

yes, it was because it was garbage time and Pop does not play that game. he would normally get upset about that!

SenorSpur
05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately Horry looks like age has finally caught up with him. He's slow to the ball, slow in his reactions and his shot is woefully inconsistent. He's still a smart player, but on most nights, the opposition leaves him exposed.

For a career-long, clutch playoff performer like him, the mere fact that he's not getting any significant playoff run, only confirms my notion.

It's a shame it's come to this. I hate to see him go out this way and I'm sure this is not how he envisioned his last year. That would explain why he doesn't look happy. He is a proud veteran. On the other hand, I hate to see a roster spot wasted on a player that the Spurs held onto for too long. It should have never come to this.

hater
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I think he can still give us 5 or 6 solid minutes. that's about it.

but I am glad we are keeping him around as good luck charm and cheerleader