PDA

View Full Version : Why people don't like the Spurs

tlongII
05-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Their stars are a bunch of furreners! It's obvious that's why! I tried to blame it on the fact that they're boring and they flop all the time, but I suddenly realized what the real reason was. That ain't got no americans on their team!

Strike
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Their stars are a bunch of furreners! It's obvious that's why! I tried to blame it on the fact that they're boring and they flop all the time, but I suddenly realized what the real reason was. That ain't got no americans on their team!

Finley? Bowen? Horry? Thomas? Stoudamire?

tlongII
05-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Finley? Bowen? Horry? Thomas? Stoudamire?

Who are those guys?

CubanMustGo
05-09-2008, 06:35 PM
So now you're not just a Spurs hater, you're a America First racist?

CosmicCowboy
05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
LOL

Tlong, it really must suck to be you having to live through your Blazer rebuilding while the Spurs win 4 championships. I still remember your "Blazers are the greatest team in the universe" posts from the 90's and I expect to start seeing them again in a year or two LOL.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/olympics/2004/basketball/08/27/usa.argentina.ap/p1_duncan.ginobili_ap.jpg

FAIL

jag
05-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Duncan has no pride and it really pisses me off!!!!!

I guess he's too good to bust out the Virgin Islands flag after winning the title.

SpursDynasty
05-09-2008, 06:52 PM
It's usually jealousy when a team is hated. The majority of current rosters in the NBA won't win as many championships as the current roster of the Spurs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
It's usually jealousy when a team is hated. The majority of current rosters in the NBA won't win as many championships as the current roster of the Spurs.

What he said.

Russ
05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
The Spurs are always "too" something. "Too old." "Too boring." "Too nice."

The Spurs' real sin is that they have always been "too San Antonio" (as opposed to New York, Chicago, or LA).

And I can live with that. :)

O-Factor
05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
tlongII = boring

ducks
05-09-2008, 07:06 PM
MORE furreners! live in the USA then ever before

SAtown
05-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Isn't the USA made up of a bunch of furreners anyways?

CubanSucks
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
HEY STRIKE You have the greatest sig ever!!!

JamStone
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
How many NBA teams are made up of all Native Americans?

urunobili
05-09-2008, 07:34 PM
xenophobic thread....

Strike
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
HEY STRIKE You have the greatest sig ever!!!

Thank you.

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
xenophobic thread....

indeed. i mean, i'm against illegal immigration, but this thread is ridiculous.

- Mars

phxspurfan
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM

I don't know but I'm pretty sure we'd still be hated if we renamed ourselves the San Antonio Indians...

clubalien
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM

most teams are filled with africans.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2008, 08:49 PM

You're still alive?

florige
05-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't know. But there are alot of anti Spurs fans here in MD too. When I normally go and watch the games somewhere most of the crowd is normally for the other team the Spurs are playing. I was at the gym the other day and I heard a few of the guys there saying that they hated the Spurs and wanted to see them lose. So I asked one guy why do you hate the Spurs so much. They are a classy organization with classy superstars. One guy said that he didn;t know, he just couldn;t stand us. The other one said he just wanted to see someone different in the Finals. But everyone here does give us respect. Just not sure why they never root for us. But that all has to do with the way the media portrays us. :flag::lobt:

SRJ
05-09-2008, 09:06 PM
The fact that the Spurs aren't winning their dynasty in NY or LA irritates the media, no doubt about it. But there's something else at play here.

The sports media likes to pretend that championship teams have some sort of extra, mystical element that they can call upon in adverse circumstances. Champions have moxie, grit, fire, they would say. Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas were cold-blooded killers. Bird would rather die than lose. Shaq and Kobe would simply flip the switch come playoff time.

Along comes Tim Duncan. Besides some disagreements with officials about foul calls, Duncan plays for 48 minutes with a poker face. He doesn't scowl, stick his tongue out, or talk shit. He doesn't guarantee anything, belittle his opponents, or make a big show about how badly he wants to win. As history has shown, he is all business for 48 minutes a night - but he doesn't demonstrate the "victory or death" persona so many others do, often falsely. *cough*KG*cough*

Like every other franchise player, Duncan's example becomes the template for the rest of the team. And throughout this era of Spurs dominance, there's no talk about locker room dissent, bulletin board material, "Trade me out of here!", flipping the switch, or anything else. Past figureheads of NBA dynasties have all exhibited obnoxious personality traits considered to be unfortunate side effects of competitveness - Duncan does not.

What the sports media finds "boring" about the Spurs is that they just play ball. To their simplistic hivemind, the Spurs don't care if they win or lose - so why should Skip Bayless or Stephen A Smith?

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2008, 09:08 PM
This thread is a sign of epic failure...

florige
05-09-2008, 09:15 PM
The fact that the Spurs aren't winning their dynasty in NY or LA irritates the media, no doubt about it. But there's something else at play here.

The sports media likes to pretend that championship teams have some sort of extra, mystical element that they can call upon in adverse circumstances. Champions have moxie, grit, fire, they would say. Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas were cold-blooded killers. Bird would rather die than lose. Shaq and Kobe would simply flip the switch come playoff time.

Along comes Tim Duncan. Besides some disagreements with officials about foul calls, Duncan plays for 48 minutes with a poker face. He doesn't scowl, stick his tongue out, or talk shit. He doesn't guarantee anything, belittle his opponents, or make a big show about how badly he wants to win. As history has shown, he is all business for 48 minutes a night - but he doesn't demonstrate the "victory or death" persona so many others do, often falsely. *cough*KG*cough*

Like every other franchise player, Duncan's example becomes the template for the rest of the team. And throughout this era of Spurs dominance, there's no talk about locker room dissent, bulletin board material, "Trade me out of here!", flipping the switch, or anything else. Past figureheads of NBA dynasties have all exhibited obnoxious personality traits considered to be unfortunate side effects of competitveness - Duncan does not.

What the sports media finds "boring" about the Spurs is that they just play ball. To their simplistic hivemind, the Spurs don't care if they win or lose - so why should Skip Bayless or Stephen A Smith?

:lol good breakdown.

manufor3
05-09-2008, 09:24 PM
What he said.

you agreed with spursdynasty??? what kind of new world do we live in???

BonnerDynasty
05-09-2008, 09:25 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2429/bonnerhi4.jpg

SpursDynasty
05-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Brent Barry will be a beast for the rest of the series.

tp2021
05-09-2008, 11:12 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2429/bonnerhi4.jpg

I honestly started :lol:lol:lol!!!!

ClingingMars
05-09-2008, 11:51 PM

my only problem with your great post. are you seriously suggestiong that the Spurs play the same way the entire year? :spam:

- Mars

Princess Pimp
05-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Agreed!

SRJ
05-10-2008, 12:19 AM
my only problem with your great post. are you seriously suggestiong that the Spurs play the same way the entire year?

Literally? No. As a matter of strategy, I'm certain they don't show all their high cards during the regular season. But if the Spurs were switch-flippers, they'd average something like 50-52 wins a year, not 58. (Comparatively, Bird and Magic's teams averaged 59 wins from 1980 to 1989) In the Duncan era, the Spurs have had either the #1 overall seed or #1 West seed in 1999, 2001, 2003, and 2006. It's obvious, at least to me, that they don't treat the regular season lightly.

m33p0
05-10-2008, 01:36 AM
xenophobic sheep herder.

ehz33satx
05-10-2008, 03:28 AM
tlongII = boring

And ugly as sin! You remember those pics tlong busted out a few months ago? No wonder he has so much pent up anger and frustration! Poor fella!

hsxvvd
05-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Bejing will be here soon, and we'll all find out just how good a team full of USA born players will be.

Tacker
05-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I liked them the last couple of years but then they started winning champions and I thought, hey thats enough for them, lets see other teams win it

nfg3
05-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I liked them the last couple of years but then they started winning champions and I thought, hey thats enough for them, lets see other teams win it

If you are a real Bulls fan from the 90's I'd bet the house you didn't think that way about the Bulls when they were winnig titles!:nope

No way - two 3peats and the tandem of MJ and Scottie to watch year in and year out? :downspin:

Like us Spurs fans you're were :greedy and wanted more! If I was a Bulls' fan I'd have been totally pissed at MJ for going off and playing baseball. And baseball wasn't very very good to him. Was it? Imagine MJ not retiring that first time and the Bulls defending their title in 94? 4peat? 5peat? 8peat?

What coulda been! :king

v2freak
05-11-2008, 06:35 AM
http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/olympics/2004/basketball/08/27/usa.argentina.ap/p1_duncan.ginobili_ap.jpg

FAIL

Why would you put a picture of Ginobili fouling Duncan?